3. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Futanari
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Yuri, Yaoi (if there is a crossdresser), Furry, Romance, School Life, Fantasy, Sci Fi, Modern, etc. I'm pretty open minded
My first introduction into D&D was a 3.5 homebrew campaign that three of my close friends and I made. The campaign was essentially different video games, books, tv shows, and animes crossing together to weave a story about a scientist with the help of four heroes adventuring through different worlds to stop the villains from corrupting these worlds. Hidden in each of these worlds is an obelisk that protects the worlds from contact with each other. If the worlds come into contact it could lead to a Calamity causing the destruction of the worlds or for a clever villain, control and dominance over the world. These four heroes from different worlds banded together to keep the villains from destroying not only their worlds but those they journeyed to. But their meddling in the worlds caused exposure to other worlds. When the heroes finished the final battle and said their final farewells, the Archons (the overseers of the worlds/multiverse) erased the memories of the Paradox Origin multiverse but by doing so instead the Paradox Origin vanished. These four heroes are known as the Origin Four and a rare few remember them.

Rex Yamato from the Soul Society, his endeavors allowed him entrance into the mythical Zero Squad. He never learned the name of his Bankai however he harnessed the power of the Arrancar and defeated the Espada. Leon de la Tombe from the Black Order, a brilliant scientist also known as the Octopus King due to the dark tendrils his innocence created. His battle with the Millennium Earl promoted him to the rank of General however after the events of the Paradox Origin, he was given a secret mission from the Black Order and was never heard from again. Angelo Starwind, a young boy who set out on the journey to find his older brother and along the way encountered deadly assassins. To save his brother he sacrificed himself and in his honor a statue was erected. Gale from the Gray Mercenaries located in the Lycian League, a thief who had no memories from his former life left the mercenaries, who he grew to know as family, to seek answers for himself. When he encountered a evil man by the name of Nergal, his memories of being a dragon flooded back to him and with this new found power defeated Nergal and returned to his home beyond the Dragon's Gate. And there was Professor Marcus the rogue Archon who brought these mismatched heroes together to thwart the plans of the mastermind behind the scenes, Mister Strange. He returned home to his daughter and told her of his adventures and wrote them down in a journal for her to keep before the Archons caused the multiverse of the Paradox Origin to vanish.

Even after the victory of the Origin Four something was still left to fester. Letting his foes believe he was defeated, Mister Strange retreated back into the shadows to nurse his master plan back into fruition. Twenty years later signs of Strange surfaced however the Archons ignored them and the pleas of Doctor Marcus's daughter, Nia, to be granted permission to recreate the Origin Four and deal with Strange. Defeated, Nia found help elsewhere, the mysterious group of Observers known as the Black Coat Society. Given not only a new mulitverse/time traveling ship called the "Waverider" but dossiers of possible candidates the Society has been keeping an eye on. Now a new series events is about to unfold with new heroes to the forefront. These events will later be known as

This roleplay as mentioned before is inspired by my first D&D campaign and for a long time I wanted to continue it. I will apologize if the details seem to be vague but truth be told I hardly remember the whole campaign thus why I wanted to start with a blank slate. I imagine this doesn't have to be said but just in case this game is pretty much your fanfiction fantasies gone wild. But there is one major rule, you have to play as an original character from that universe not an already existing character from there. The idea is that your character was just in the background before the extraordinary event to join up with Professor Nia onboard the Waverider. Characters should be from a source where you have access to unique powers since this will primarily be an action adventure. Another prospect that I wish to bring back from the D&D campaign is that everyone alternates as the "Director". The roleplay will be split up into episodes with a different player taking the lead as the Director. In each episode the group will be visiting a different world and the director will set up the opening scene and so forth. Though the director will balance their director responsibilities as well as playing their character. I plan for a total of 12 worlds (excluding your origin world) with each player having three worlds they want to go to. I plan on looking for three other players but I am also leaning towards four (including myself). I will also allow joint apps if your characters require another person to fill a role such as if your character is a Master from the Fate/ universe and instead of playing the Servant as a NPC, you have someone who is willing to play the Servant. Another example is like a Driver and their Blade from Xenoblade verse.

Well I know this could use some polishing however I hope this has at least caught your interest. If I get enough interest I will make a character sheet of some sorts. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

I suppose this will be consider a bump but feel free to field any questions to help me cover any bases I left unchecked. :)

...This reminds me of my mental adventures. Nostalgia is hitting me hard hoooo. I'm interested!

Thanks guys for the interest! It does mean a lot. I have been chewing over in my head how to make the premise easier to understand. I think I came up with a decent analogy. If you're familiar with Kingdom Hearts then imagine that but instead of worlds forjust disney and square enix titles instead it will encompass other titles. On a side note, Kingdom Hearts is a perfectly acceptable world to come from keyblade wielder. ;)

Also I want to stress that even though this started out as a 3.5 D&D campaign, I don't plan to run this game with a tabletop engine. With that said though, you're characters can't god mode out of the gate. Like a typical shounen anime, our characters should struggle before they realize how powerful they can be. So the scaling of power will be trusted in our hands. However as the game goes on our characters may find other sources of power or items to help aid them in their adventures.

For instance, let's say our characters find themselves aiding Trunks from the Time Patrolers to help Goku fight off a superpowered Frieza during the Nameik arc. In this battle however let's say one of our crew dies and finds themselves on Snake Way and eventually meets up with King Kai who teaches them how to use Kaioken before being resurrected with the dragon balls. Or we end up in Destiny having to help Osiris fend off against the Vex and during our time there, one of our crew is able to obtain a Ghost. Perhaps the keyblade wielder is able to pull the master sword?

Of course powers and gadgets aren't everything that should be consider or looking forward to. The journey should be important. How your character developes throughout the story should also take central stage. For example lets say one of the crew happens to be from Boruto verse and happens to be the secret love child of Sasuke and Karin. They were raised and trained in secret by their Father and even their Mother in hopes that one day they will be the secret weapon when Kaguya shows herself once more. Will they feel like they're nothing but a tool and rebel against their parents? Who will they become? How about your character happens to be one of two pupils to inherit the cowl from the dying Bruce Wayne. He trains the two of you and you all happen to grow close to one another. Then on his death bed Bruce chose you to become the Batman. Angered by this development, the person you grew to call brother/sister destroys what he can of the bat cave and strikes it out as a villain aimed to ruin the Batman.

Sorry guys for that, it must have felt like a rant. The bottom line is, I hope that this game becomes fun for all of us to play in and we find not only ourselves entertained but also would be spectators. I sincerely hope I didn't dissuade anyone's interest in this game. I look forward to more interest as time goes on. :) Also if you guys want to use one of the above examples as a prompt for you to flesh out feel free to. :)

Bumpity bump bump bump! Anywho still looking for at least one more person before moving this to the recruitment/advertisement section. Feel free to DM me with questions or post them here. On a side note, thinking 1 boon for 1 character per world outside their normal power progression. Looking forward to hearing from you guys. :)

Edit: If it helps I can make a sample character here to help get the idea across better?

Yeaaaah I would think a sample sheet would help, considering some *coughmecough* don't know much about DnD

Sure thing! In case it was lost in my wall of text I don't plan on using D&D mechanics so you're safe from that. :) Well this will give me the chance to rough draft an app. Going to make three character examples in hopes that it will get the general idea across. Also if any of the examples strike your muse, feel free to expand on them.

Name: Xemera (Merril)

Race: Nobody (Human is the default race if your world doesn't have others)

Trans, etc.)

Appearance:
(Description or Pic is fine)
68fa1372163d3231b4a43ea36f92e6b3--parted-bangs-anime-characters.jpg

Companion: None (If your character has a companion that their power comes from or who is linked to them for example a Fate Master and Heroic Spirit/servant, A Driver and their Blade, or like a Guardian and their Ghost. In parentheses state if they're NPC or you have someone willing to roleplay them.)

World: Kingdom Hearts (Fandom where your character is from)

Short Introduction:
Xemera spent her days growing up in the small costal town of Daybreak Cove. She spent her days spending cherished time with her friends and at night looking at the star spotted sky wondering if other worlds existed and what adventures were waiting to happen. Then on the night of her graduation, creatures known as Heartless attacked Paradise Cove. Worried about her friends, she set out to find them and in the process came in possession of a weapon called the Keyblade. Xemera fought her way through hordes of heartless to come face to face with a girl that almost looked like her claiming to be her other half. The girl called herself Myrr before being enveloped in darkness and attacking with a keyblade. When the battle seemed lost she heard a voice and saw a bright light. She find herself sitting slouched by herself on a white throne in the middle of a white room.

Primary Ability:
Broken Remnant(Keyblade)- can open locks and able to harm heartless. Special circumstances allow the keyblade to target only the darkness in someone's heart.

Secondary Ability:
Magic- spells consist of Fire, Blizzard, Thunder and Cure to start off with.

Special Equipment:
Organization Cloak- hides presence from heartless however powerful heartless can still sense Xemera.

Nemesis: Myrr (this will be your personal reoccurring villain to thwart the crews efforts and it will serve as your final boss fight towards the end. It can be an OC villain or an already existing villain in your world.)

Other Worlds: (These will serve as the different worlds you want to visit as well as future episodes you want to direct.)

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Drakengard 3
3. Legend of Zelda

(With the short introduction you're setting up the gist of events of how you come into contact with Nia. The director will go through the events to serve as your prologue in the first epiosde. At the end of the prolouge episode everyone will have met and be onboard the Waverider ready for the next adventure. Mister Strange will also have his hands in these events looking for his four (or five) Harbingers. Your nemesis will serve as one of his Harbringers)

Name: Pandora Timor

Race: Human

Appearance:
sinestro_corps_1_by_sturkwurk.jpg

Companion: None

World: DC Universe (Green Lantern)

Short Introduction:
Pandora grew up in the slums of Gotham City. Being an orphan her life became the streets. She ran with different gangs until one day a high ranking mobster took an interest in her career. With his help, Pandora graduated from lowly henchman and into the sinister muscle that kept everyone in line. Her fearful reputation made others think twice before crossing her or her mob family. On that faithful night she encounter the Bat and was in awe how he inspired fear into her men and herself. While she was waiting on the cops to arrive to arrest her and he boys, she wondered if she could instead use fear for good like the Bat instead of shaking down poor small businesses scraping by. During her time in prison she used her fearful reputation to protect the weaker convicts. On the night before her release she was jumped and manage to fight off her attackers, intimidating them in the process. On the ground in a heap of broken bones her enemies laid and in a life changing second a yellow power ring rested on her finger and inducting her into the Sinestro Corps. There she learned how fear used on the right people could protect others. Her days with corps soon came to an end when a rebellious faction within the corps led by Arkillo split the Corps apart between Sinestro and him. Pandora wanted to use the chaos to set out on her own however she found herself caught in the crossfire between Sinestro loyalists and Arkillo rebels.

Primary Ability:
Yellow Power Ring: Able to create hard light constructs and projects energy blasts through the emotion of Fear.

Secondary Ability:
Yellow Power Ring (Suit): Creates a forcefield around Pandora protecting her from various hazards (including the vacuum of space) and allows her to fly.

Special Equipment:
Yellow Power Battery: Allows Pandora to charge her power ring.

Nemesis: Sinestro or Arkillo

Other Worlds:
1. X-Men (Marvel)
2. Destiny
3. Full Metal Alchemist

Name: Hector Largesse

Race: Human

Appearance:
544d62b0e46343953211322affd4b622.jpg

Companion: Saber/Sir Roland (NPC)
zerochanLuminousArc2235091.jpg

World: Fate Series

Short Introduction:
Hector Largesse grew up in a family of hedgewitches. At an early age he was taught simple magic and in time he took it upon himself to learn more advance spells. During his studies he came across an old grimoire hidden in his parents attic. After school he went home to study the contents of the grimoire. At first he couldn't understand the language it was written and when he brought it up to his parents, they simply brushed him off. With his curiosity growing, he went to the local magic shop he frequent hoping to find information. Instead he encountered a stranger who gave him a tattered belt to a sword scabbard and informed him it was the missing piece. With what information he could gather and with the belt from the shop he went home to decipher the grimoire. Eventually he was able to figure out it was describing some ritual and an object needed to be used to summon a being. Ever curious, he performed the ritual and summoned a man calling himself Saber and when prompted by the man what his wish was, Hector replied that he couldn't think of one. During the days to come Hector learned that he was now a participant in something called the Holy Grail War and that the markings on his hand were called Command Seals and linked him to Saber. Soon he learned there was a sinster force backing him in this war and that he was an illegal 8th Master in this war. On the night he would encounter Nia, he was attacked by church executioners.

Primary Ability:
Command Seals: The markings on his hand not only link Hector to Saber but allows him to use a command seal to force Saber to do something he normally wouldn't up to 3 times. Once the seals are gone, Hector and Saber are no longer bounded to each other.

Companion Primary Ability:
Durendal (Noble Phantasm): Roland's indestructible sword able to cut through anything.

Secondary Ability:
Hedge Magic: Although his spells may not be as powerful as a classically trained mage, his spells aren't limited to one discipline. However he mainly uses protective magics.

Companion Secondary Ability:
Olifant: A hunting horn made from a unicorn horn. When blown, friends and allies will be able to locate Saber and his Master.

Special Equipment:
Hector's Grimoire: A grimoire where Hector keeps note about spells.

Nemesis: The Church

Other Worlds:
1. Nier Automata
2. One Piece
3. Lord of the Rings

Hopefully those help out. :) Sorry it took me so long to post.

Last edited:
Glad that could help out. :)

I'm pretty interested.

Hey guys, I decided to go with my orignal idea and make this into a Pathfinder Campaign, DM me for more information if you're interested.

This is...interesting, to be certain. Though I may not be able to join in (another) campaign. Sounds like potential fun for being completely nuts. I don't usually go in for fandom stuff, but the restriction of PCs to original characters helps. I'm sure I could come up with a few (utterly insane) options to subject everyone to or be from. I know I've bounced thoughts of "what if..." often enough from things. Everyone has.

I tend to lean toward giant robots, magical girls, and janky Scifi, though.

Oh wow, I had already resigned myself to thinking this was dead. Haha. But thank you for the interest. :) I'm not one for doing fandoms either but this particular d&d campaign was so much fun when I played it years ago. And like you mentioned, things did get a little nuts but in a fun way. Those characters were some of the most memorable d&d characters I came across during my ventures into tabletop. I am very flexible with this concept since I really wish to experience this with other people so I can either do this as a Pathfinder game or a simple play by post. This concept is pretty genre bending depending on where everyone comes from. So scifi can meet high fantasy or more steampunk setting. I had one person a while back that wanted to be from the Dark Tower book universe and another from the Fairytail anime. Though that was from before I got onto Iwaku.

Pretty much it's meant for everyone just to have fun and feel free with their creativity. As well as a open forum to discuss things if someone feels uncertain about something. So I guess in a way, just about making friends and learning about other fandoms in a fun way.

Sounds like a fun time and a good attitude. I'm in a fair number of TTRPG campaigns at the moment, so I may not be able to commit to another one due to scheduling constraints. But I'd be willing to give it a try, and could suggest other systems if you wanted to branch out from Pathfinder. Nothing agaisnt it, PF's a solid system and you can do a lot in it, but there may be alternatives that can better handle a massively multiplayer crossover. I'm...honestly not quite sure how it'd work for some things, but I imagine it'd just involve a lot of refluffing as needed.

Hm, speaking of PF, would Path of War stuff be acceptable? I ask this with full knowledge that it tends to be somewhere around the powerful to broken end of things, and thus full expectation that it wouldn't be. (Though, it is great for anime hinjjinks on melee fighters; it's just...really strong stuff for throwing around damage.)

Anyway, RPG rambling aside, most of Iwaku seems to prefer play by post things on a forum and little to no rules or character attributes. I can speak from experience, I've tried to organize a M&M game and some other things in the past, to lukewarm response. But, it's still a solid idea so it'll probably fly either way, particularly if you go the route of sticking to a forum, and aren't after a ton of players so much as a few dedicated ones. I can also speak from experience that an Interest check can be quieter than the actual sign-up thread, once it happens.

And to ramble a bit about fandoms, for the sake of what sort of...stuff I'd try tossing in, gonna just list some things.
Senki Zesshou Symphogear, Ar Tonelico, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Touhou, R-Type, Knight Run, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Neptunia, Star Trek...and I could probably think of more things that float at various places on the power curve.

I have no problem with Path of War considering I was thinking about using the Spheres of Power and Spheres of Might system from Drop Dead Studios to help better capture the whole anime like feel with better customization options. I had considered using FATW for this but I rather stick with Pathfinder. For some reason I like having an experience point system, to me at least helps with gauging the growth of a character. Plus to keep with the spirit of the 3.5 system used for the campaign prior. Nostalgia can be stubborn at times. Though I won't completely dismiss another system, I will just be rather reluctant to try a new system with this concept.

Well funny you mention a sign up thread, I do have one for this however the interest check gets more traffic then the sign up. Lol I imagine like sega consoles, I didn't have the right advertisement strategy so the concept pretty much died. And speaking of Sega, I see you like Neptunia. We should be friends.

Linking the sign-up in your int-check might help. I didn't know there was one, for instance.

I'd probably recommend Mutants and Masterminds or Kamigakari, honestly. Mutants and Masterminds being a sort of d20-based superhero system intended for building character powers using a system of effects and such. It tends to emulate anime well from my own experience. It's got a "power level" for characters that does give them limits to their overall effectiveness and acts as a gauge of...character power. Character points essentially are XP, so they're often gained a little more slowly than they would be in D&D. You spend them to improve your stuff, and so-on. Given all manner of craziness one might need, a generalist system that can allow flexibility in building characters and things can be pretty handy. (Though the fall back of "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" also works; The GM says so, now shut up.)

Kamigakari, on the other hand, is a Japanese game that's currently fan-translated. It's intended for modern fantasy anime style shenanigans (Shakugan no Shana comes to mind): PCs have powers, and fight monsters inside barriers separated from the normal world, and so-on. It's flexible enough that it might work, though. And has some stuff baked right in. I know one can play a Servant or Heroic Spirit straight-up, with no real difficulty.

PF's fine with me, though I legit don't know much of anything about all the spheres stuff.

And yeah, Neptunia's pretty fun. Iris Heart is best goddess.