Owaru no Sekai - Crossover Battle ( In Character )

suna-no-wakusei-600-2121731-jpg.187373
Kimiko Ono &&& Ko (Shinji Kobe)
I'm not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...

@Ehb
"Huh."

Kimiko was about to examine the spot when she was slapped across the face by herself.

"Mmm. Kuu-chan is playing dirty I see," Kimiko said nonchalantly. "Ehhh, though I figure if she can hear us she's not far. But let's go deal with the Tsubaha situation first."

She didn't even seem to care about the fact that there was a sword coming down on her head. Kimiko carefully sidestepped it, earning a small scrape across her face. It bled a little, but Kimiko didn't flinch. She had been hurt worse thanks to this world, and survived all on her own. In this moment, she could be selfish. However, this was her problem and her problem alone.

"Ko, quit sittin' on your hands. I can handle myself. Literally. Tsubaha and the others are in need of a helping hand or a dozen."

She could dance with this spirit for another moment or two, but the more pressing thing was finishing up other shades.

Ko hesitated, but ultimately ran off towards the group, preparing an attack.

[Roll 85]

Ko split into multiple real clones each nodding to each other. As they covered more ground they took out quite a few with various punches and kicks. The group looked more thinned out, but the one menacing Kimiko was still standing.

"We have to get back to Kimiko! She's facing her own anti-body by herself. I'm not sure she alone could take one out."

sukimairu-png.186812
Sukimairu S. == Kiri Moriya
datkiriface-png.186820

@Ehb

Suki bit down on her lower lip slightly as her name was called out, which was all she'd allow herself. After the initial shock had passed, she was back to normal, contemplating the situation from her maple tree cover.

"Normally I enjoy mind games, but this is just absurd..." Suki murmured.

"Kita...!" she whispered into her headset.
"Yes, miss Saemonsaburou?"
"You have an infrared sensor, right?"
"Yes, my infrared sensor is functional...!"
"Great! Scan the area for Kuuyari."
"Certainly, miss Saemonsaburou! I will send your request to the Global Union of Technological Privacy when an internet signal is available and begin scanning shortly after I receiv--"
"--n-no, Kita. Kita...! They're not here anymore, just override it and scan now."
"O-oh.... uhm... okay, I think I need your administrative password then."
"What administrative password...!?"
"The password you entered during my setup! You do remember right...? You don't remember do you...? It was really important to me...!! But... I guess you have more important things to memorize... so..."
"No, I didn't forget, I never knew in the first place...! Just... never mind, I'll figure something out."

Meanwhile, Kiri's gaze was flitting around the battlefield in confusion like a lost puppy waiting for her summoner to throw her an order. Her confusion only grew as Tsubaha started doing the strangeness.

Luckily, she was smart enough to duck beneath the flame sword though.

"Owwowwoww, hot...!" she whined, patting the active fire on her shoulder out. Staring intently at Tsubaha and her aggressive attack with concern, Kiri rushed forward to wrap her arms around her in a vice-hug.

"Tsubaha, snap out of it," Kiri demanded as she squeezed her friend tighter than handcuffs. "Please...?"

[Kiri Moriya performs Special Action! Pin Tsubaha Down]

Meanwhile, Sukimairu took a peek from her hiding place, noticing the lack of Kuuyari in place of the weird spirit blob, then a Kiri tied around a possessed Tsubaha.

"That pesky psychic..." Suki muttered, carefully backtracking her way to friendly territory.

Iilvwzi.png
Michio Kamijou == Argenta Salvare
0LR1hQj.png

As if things weren't bad enough, the situation escalted even more when it became apparent that Kuuyari had somehow gained full control of Tsubaha's movements. Her will was thankfully still intact, giving them some sense of hope that whatever process their enemy used to turn Tsubaha against them was still somehow reversible.

In another surprise revelation, Kuuyari revealed that the girl speaking in front of them, taunting and tempting them ever since they had arrived, was an Anti-Body itself. It mockingly transformed into Kimiko and engaged her in combat. Thankfully, the girl only so managed as to receive a small cut on her cheek from the enemy spirit.

For her part, Kiri attempted to restrain Tsubaha's movements after she began singing her comrades unwillingly with her techniques. This gave the opportunity for the others to start clearing out the remaining Antibodies before they could do any more damage to the rest of the team.

"Argenta, defeat those mobs while Kiri has Tsubaha restrained! This is our chance to turn the tide of this battle!" Michio ordered.

He dodged one of the henchmobs attempting to skewer him with a spear and parried a sword strike before backing away towards Yuri. Even though spirits generally fight other spirits, there was no written rule that says spirits can't target opposing summoners.

This time, Argenta was adamant on eliminating more of the enemies that stood in her way and helping out the party more altogether. With any luck, this next attack should deal a heavy blow on the enemy forces, if not destroy them altogether. She began channeling her magic in preparation to her next attack.

"I implore the aid of the Sun Goddess, Corona, use my body as a vessel to channel your power and burn the wicked before me!"

Finally, her execution seemed to work as a few beams of light shot forth around her, homing on several of the remaining enemies. The beams burned through the Antibodies, melting some of them in the process while delivering grievous wounds to others. The rest of the party should have no trouble cleaning up what remains of their enemies unless Kuuyari, gods forbid, send more of the fodder down their way.

"How is Tsubaha doing? If I could help it, I don't want to hurt her as well. " Argenta shouted towards Kiri to get some information about their petite companion.

Last edited:
The fake Kimiko idly listened as Ko desparted. Leaving 'her' with her real self.

"I can handle myself. You say? Thats is quite an interesting claim."

The fake slashed at Kimiko. Though halfheartedly.

"I'm disappointed in you. Evil should always be exterminated. Once someone does something bad then there is no going back. They'll just do it again and again. They have to be stopped no matter what, right?"

Another half-hearted, but almost self loathing swing.

"So why did you get cold feet with Yuri? After finding out what she did to those two? You always knew that Yuri was just being the 'Yuri' everyone wants to think she is on the surface. But, deep down, there's still a rotten person on the inside. Someone who killed, Solomon who extorted... someone who did every kind of dishonorable thing while pretending to be a saint all along."

This time. A thrust. one that was aimed to really hurt.
But...

"But I had to just listen to the bleeding heart of my Great Spirit, just because. Betray myself... JUST BECAUSE! You're the worst!"

The fake made a desperate slash full of emotion.
Kuuyari must've been personally pulling the strings on this damned puppet.

But soon, the copy started to revert into it's default behavior of swinging wildly.
Something must be going on with the one who was controlling it, perhaps?

YuriIcoB.jpg
Nozomi Yuri == Tsubaha Moriya
Tsubaha-Ic-N.jpg

"Kiri..! Don't you get it? Whatever those things did... they're trying to make me kill you!"

Tsubaha was being held down by her self-proclaimed sister. In such close quarters Tsubaha was only flailing... or attempting to flail without much effect. But... she was still wriggling around. Kiri couldn't hold her forever.

[ Tsubaha's attack was stopped by Kiri! ]

The others began to make piecemeal of the ever shrinking crowd of antibodies. They grew smaller and smaller. Some being taken apart by Ko, more still being cut down by Agenta's magical skills. After those attacks, the numbers of foes dwindled. The stragglers left seemed unsure about continuing their blind charge and human wave tactics... considering the 'wave' was no longer there.

Yuri was pessimistic though, Kuuyari said that she had armies of those things available to her. Would they all be caught in an endless loop of fighting these things? Yuri's gut feeling told her that they had to get out of here. Kuuyari had been waiting here and a trap was already being set for them. The only logical choice right now if they couldn't think of anything was to get away from this trap - figure out more about this world and it's workings.

The reason: because right now Kuuyari was simply sending mobs of foes at them to tire them down. Aiming to wait till everyone slips up before oblitherating all of them.

@Luma @Accelerator @LowDefinition @Karyra

"Hey, Sukimairu, Michio...! I'm starting to think that fighting Kuuyari here like this is exactly what she wants. If she really has so many of those antibodies at her disposal, then all were doing here is expending energy on something that's ultimately fruitless. Sukimairu! Didn't you say you almost had that thing to summon Kimiko's car anywhere working? :et's use it to get out of here!"

Run away. Gather information. That was one option here and it was the one that Yuri was leaning towards.
But, it felt like Yuri's intuition might be right. If Kuuyari was waiting for them to intrude into this world here, then there was no doubt she was prepared to fight it out to the bitter end... or rather until they were all exterminated as threats.

As Yuri Suggested, Sukimairu had a really experimental thing that she had half-heartedly tried at Yuri's suggestion... to be able to bring Kimiko's otherwise bulky transportation asset anywhere. Kimiko was against it, considering there was a 50% chance that it would... destroy it on an atomic level. On the other hand, Yuri didn't quite care (in a nice way).

As this wave of Antibodies was about to dissapear, what was the parties' decision? Retreat? Or end it once and for all with Kuuyari with one last push?

sukimairu-png.186812
datkiriface-png.186820

@Ehb
@Karyra

Concerned, Suki glanced over at Yuri as she made her suggestion in ignorance.

"I did explain the potential for modulative quark collapse, right? Maybe you don't understand just how serious a nuclear reaction is...? ..."

Considering it another moment, she shrugged.

"Though if we consider limbo's death laws, it'd be better for this world than whatever they're trying to do with it..... sure, we'll try it! Kita! Activate the custom signal beacon."
"Right away, miss Saemonsaburou!"

At first there was nothing but anticipation. Then, suddenly, the air in front of Suki began to vibrate and spark violently. After about a minute of this, Kimiko's car violently ripped through space, gracelessly crashing down onto its tires with the disturbing crunch of bending metal. Though it was functional, the outside looked like a T-rex's chew-toy.

"... Nice! I actually didn't expect that to work. It's sure not something to use on people though, for sure..." she commented.

"You're right Yuri: taking down the MISUNOHARA unit is more important. Get in and go. You too Kiri! I'll stay and deal with Kuuyari myself."

"Are you sure about this...?" Kiri voiced her concern, still wrapped around Tsubaha.

"Get going before your sister breaks free again!" Suki demanded, waving her off. "I don't know the future, but I can figure out odds, but I'd say they're pretty good," she claimed with a devious smile that was Kiri seemed to trust completely, dutifully dragging Tsubaha into the car.

I'm not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...

@Ehb
@Luma
Kimiko faked a neutral expression she she had more near misses. The thrust caught flesh, slashing through her jacket and shoulder. Kimiko winced, but that all she was going to give this fake.

"Arguing with you is pointless."

Kimiko sighed as she checked the wound. Not debilitating, but irritating, nonetheless.

However, the fake became easier to read and stopped spouting hatred. Kimiko started to retreat back towards Yuri once she heard the plan, deciding that this fake could live for a little longer. Besides that, she wasn't interested in following Kuuyari's plan. Sure, it would feel good to punch her past self in the face, but this was not the point.

The point was stopping Kuuyari once and for all.

Kimiko couldn't help but wince as her car landed on the ground. Wow, Suki really hadn't fine-tuned that yet, had she?

"You owe me for repairs, Sukimaru!"

She slid slash carefully jumped over the hood of Sandy, her precious car. Once inside she was ready to go at any time. It sounded like the others were going to let Sukimaru stay behind and guard the possessed Tsubaha. Kimiko was fine with that. However, they all had to act, and quick.

"Get in or I'm leaving you behind! Kuu-chan just ruined my favorite jacket, Sukimaru just wrecked my car, and I'm dying to run over the source of both of these things!"

Yuri suppressed her urge to look gleefully at the arrival of the Kimiko-mobile. Not because Sukimairu's method was 'sucessful', nor because it was beat up, but rather...

Kimiko isn't here right now. Is this finally the chance to take the driver's seat?

But, at that moment, Sukimairu...

"You're right Yuri: taking down the MISUNOHARA unit is more important. Get in and go. You too Kiri! I'll stay and deal with Kuuyari myself."
"Are you sure about this...?"
"Get going before your sister breaks free again!"
"I don't know the future, but I can figure out odds, but I'd say they're pretty good,"

@Luma

"Sukimairu... if you stay here you'll just-!"

"You owe me for repairs, Sukimaru!"
"Get in or I'm leaving you behind! Kuu-chan just ruined my favorite jacket, Sukimaru just wrecked my car, and I'm dying to run over the source of both of these things!"

"...Sukimairu. When you say you'll stay and take care of Kuuyari - without Kiri to help you - you're not saying thay you're planning to use yourself to take her down, are you?!"

There went Yuri again, becoming needlessly... or overly emotional.

"That's no good! Kimiko's car is fast enough... even the way it is. Plus, the one whose spirit is infected isn't yours. It's mine!"

The grip of Yuri's hand on Sukimairu's tightened.

"I want all of us to make it out of here together. But, if somone has to stay behind... then it should be the person whose spirit has become a threat to the rest of the party. In other words: whatever the case, get in the darned vehicle Sukimairu!"

"Foolish Summoner of mine! ...Yuri!" Tsubaha still effectively pinned by Kiri, said in ire. But her Summoner's logic was sound.
The moment a fellow summoner was oblitherated, their spirit would no longer be able to manifest. If what Sukimairu was trying to was true, then it would make sense to let Yuri be the one to do it instead, since Kiri wasn't the one getting controlled.

"Kiri... talk some sense into... Sukiaaaaugh--!!!"

The rest of the party were urged to get into the car.

@Karyra @Skyswimsky @LowDefinition @Accelerator

[ Special Action : Fight to Stay ]

Availible to Sukimairu, who refuses to go into the car. Initiates a fight with Yuri.

[ Special Action : Throw Sukimairu into the Car ]
Available to everyone else. Use your character or spirit to throw Sukimairu and Yuri into the car to end this nonsense. Also automatically moves the scene forward.

sukimairu-png.186812
datkiriface-png.186820

@Ehb

"Don't worry about the car, it's just the paint," Suki dismissed with a wave of her hand.

"Not this again..." Suki mumbled to herself as Yuri protested, keeping a relatively friendly smile on.

[ Special Action : Fight to Stay ]

"We need every spirit on the battlefield, including Tsubaha. It doesn't take a psychic to know exactly what happens when you stay here alone with nothing but a possessed spirit. Unless, of course, you still have the 'Power of the Void Eye' dwelling inside of you?"

Suki's eyes narrowed into a smug grin for just a moment before it was back to her normal, confident smile.

"Get in the car already! Kiri, can you do your thing and 'relocate' her?"

"N-not... Oof! Not really...!!" Kiri admitted as she continued wrestling the struggling Tsubaha to the car seat.

"Ngh.... Yuri, I'm asking you to trust me! Here..." she offered, removing the little metal chunk from her ear that was Kita's headset and handing it over. "You can keep Kita until we regroup."

KAITO.600.1253684.jpg

@Ehb
@Luma

Kimiko was over this. She rolled her eyes and made a hand sign at Ko. The translation of which is probably best left to rot away in the sands of time. Ko made a disgusted face and started walking over to Sukimaru.

[ Special Action : Throw Sukimairu & Yuri into the Car ]

Ko grabbed Sukimaru first, throwing her into the car with ease. Next came Yuri. He created a few clones to hold down Tsubaha while Yuri was pulled off and he sprinted with her under his arm to the car where he threw Yuri in before jumping inside himself. Slamming the door shut behind him, the group was crunched into the back, but Kimiko was already slamming on the gas.

"Better hold on tight! No stops on this crazy train!"
Kimiko said with glee.

A 'Kuuyari' watches as Yuri and her allies pile into the bashed-up clown car and speed off like rowdy teenagers. Kuuyari whom had been hearing Sukimairu and Yuri's near fight over who would stay behind and probably sacrifice themselves with a neutral smile.

Not intending to make a chase she could not win, she unsummons the antibodies.

"Too bad."

Kuuyari lamented to herself. The inflection of the Kuuyari imitating the real one's voice gave way a little.

"I guess this reunion is for another occasion, Sukiemairu."

YuriIcoB.jpg
Tsubaha-Ic-N.jpg

"...You can have this back. Sukimairu. Despite the gesture, I guess Kimiko's car was fast enough to have us get away anyway."

Yuri insistently offered back the metal chunk containing Kita back to it's original owner. After going through the displeasure of being hauled off like a wooden plank and enduring Kimiko's insane driving, she didn't have any reservations over returning her allies' gesture. She was glad though, everyone had managed to escape.

Yuri turned over to Tsubaha, tied up in a bit of a dishonorable sort of way and visibly displeased at her situation, but also somehow calm. At that moment she was half staring, half glaring at Ko and Kiri for putting her into such a state.

"Hey, Tsubaha. How do you feel now?" Yuri asked.

"I feel like the influence has waned. But as much as I hate everything about being tied up right now, it's probably for the best to remain like this. At any rate, I could still be compelled to turn my blades against you all."

Yuri took an inquisitive pose, even as she bumped a little in her seat as Kimiko's vehicle continued to ride over country roads.
The vehicle made an uncomfortable scraping sound as it seemed to jiggle with reverberations.

"So.... that could mean that their control over Tsubaha has a certain effective range?"

"It's possible. At least, that's how I feel."

"Well, can you be unsummoned now, Tsubaha? Maybe if you can do that now then you'll just reset."

"Also a possibility. But, I'm worried about the possibility that I'd end up passing this 'curse' onto you if I cease my manifestation."
"We won't know if we don't try! In any case, I'll be a lot easier to restrain than you if I comes down to that, right?"

At that moment, Kimiko Ono's car made a pop from under the hood... and began to slow all the way to a complete stop in the middle of the woods. The conversation of hypotheticals was interrupted by the reality of their ride giving out. Possibly due to it being atomically pulverized and reassembled.

@Karyra @Luma @_AnyoneReally

"Not good.. Hey, what happened?"

sukimairu-png.186812
datkiriface-png.186820

@Ehb
@Karyra

Suki didn't physically resist Kimiko's (or rather, Ko's) forceful gesture, but she remained awfully silent and pensive as the car sped off. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Suki took back the headset and spoke...

"It's not about the uncertainty of the getaway, it's about dealing with a dangerous enemy once and for all. Sadly, I guess my surprise for Kuuyari will have to wait," she spoke with all the confidence in the world, throwing Kimiko a disappointed glance through the mirror in front before sighing it away.

"You scare me somewhat when you do that..." Kiri suddenly added from the seat beside her.
"Do what...?"
"I'm not sure... just... that look, I think..."
"Wha— what look...?!"

They both turned to Tsubaha.

"How do we know you're really my sister anyway...?" Kiri asked in suspicion.
"She's not..."
"Quick, what's my favorite tea?"

"Miss Saemonsaburou, um... I thought I should warn you... I've been monitoring the structural integrity of the vehicle you're currently in, and according to the data, there's a high probability that—"

BANG!

"—it could fail in the near future...!"

"Thanks, Kita," Suki said with a straight poker face, sliding past Kiri and Tsubaha to exit the car and inspect it from the outside.

"I was afraid this might happen..." she murmured. "The process might've scraped the inside just as badly as the outside... either that, or it's out of fuel. I'm really not an expert on automobiles, especially a retro, gas-burning one... Either way, it's probably not going anywhere."

"Does this mean more walking...?" Kiri whined.
"Probably, but it's way better than walking the whole way."
"Uuuuu..."

8r5U6DI.png
Himura = Kyouko = Hiruma
iUdBb21.png

@Ehb

"Of course this happens with an old car like that! But, do not worry, for I, Kyouko, am the bestest mechanics! NE— owh!" About to use her powers on the broken down vehicle, the smaller Kyouko got a smack on her head. "Stop that. Your power did not work earlier, correct? I need you to in top form later." - "I am always in my topest form! Hmpf." - "Of course. Either way, I won't let you for now, a little walk is nothing against what is coming up later."

"Buuut." - "No buts." - "Yes but!" Big Kyouko sighed, instead going for a simple diversion tactic. "Since you're so adamant about 'more' Kyouko's, you think there's gonna be something cliche like a 'dark Kyouko'?" - "No b-" The hero's eyes started to sparkle. "Of course! And she'll go all 'Beeehooolllldd, I am Kyoucoco, the Dark Lord, and with this left hand of mine, I shall banish you all to the Shadow Realm! Before we beat her up, hug it out and make up, and then we're three Kyoukos!" - "On second thought, I regret asking..." Neither of them minded walking, though.

YuriIcoB.jpg
Tsubaha-Ic-N.jpg

@Luma
"Being an impostor and being controlled are tow distinct situation, Kiri." Tsubaha replied back refusing to even entertain Kiri's question.

Even if Sukimairu had some sort of surprise for Kuuyari in store... her worries weren't completely satisfied. Still it wasn't the time to be fretting over it. Right now the primary concern was the situation with the car.

"The process might've scraped the inside just as badly as the outside... either that, or it's out of fuel. I'm really not an expert on automobiles, especially a retro, gas-burning one... Either way, it's probably not going anywhere."
"Does this mean more walking...?"
"Probably, but it's way better than walking the whole way."
"Uuuuu..."

"Not very possible to walk with me in this state." Tsubaha concluded. Considering she was wrapped up like this, movement was currently not one of her strong points

"Of course this happens with an old car like that! But, do not worry, for I, Kyouko, am the bestest mechanics! NE— owh!"
"Stop that. Your power did not work earlier, correct? I need you to in top form later."
"I am always in my topest form! Hmpf."

"Of course. Either way, I won't let you for now, a little walk is nothing against what is coming up later."

"Buuut."
"No buts."
"Yes but!"

"Since you're so adamant about 'more' Kyouko's, you think there's gonna be something cliche like a 'dark Kyouko'?"
"No b-"
"Of course! And she'll go all 'Beeehooolllldd, I am Kyoucoco, the Dark Lord, and with this left hand of mine, I shall banish you all to the Shadow Realm! Before we beat her up, hug it out and make up, and then we're three Kyoukos!"

"On second thought, I regret asking..."

@Skyswimsky
"Differentiating between the two of you is enough. I will not stand for a third save for only the fact that I'll have a Kyouko I can attack without mercy."

Yuri gave herself a moment to breathe between the two Kyouko's banter. But, considering their situation they had to get moving. She unlocked the door to her side of the car.

"In any case, maybe we can see if there's something outside that can help." She began, opening the door and letting a let out. "Maybe the problem with Kimiko's car is just something as simple as an obstacle that's, blocking..."

But then, Yuri freezes.
It becomes apparently odd as the party realizes she's now fixated on something outside of the car.

"I'm sorry. Everyone. I probably should've looked before so carelessly stepping out."

Tsubaha turned to her summoner, sensing the sudden steep rise in tension in her voice.

"An Ambush?"
"Yes. A spirit, I think. It's wielding a gun... I can see just one."
"...It's not saying anything."

Tsubaha looked to the others in the car, weighing their options.

"I don't think they're Kuuyari's antibodies... they would've just immediately attacked us as soon s we stopped I think. Whomever we just encountered, They're waiting for us to make the first move."

Tsubaha's eye twitched a little. Very annoyed at how helpless she was to her Summoner right now.
So... What was the best approach?

"I think we can overwhelm it since we have it outnumbered. If I have to I'll.... dive to dodge it. But, maybe we can try to talk too? In any case, this pose feels really uncomfortable."

Yuri was struggling with half of herself already out of the car. But now otherwise just keeping herself from falling out with her hands on the seat and door overhand respectively. It was very stressful on top of this now stressful scenario.

@_Everyone

[ Special Action: Attack ]
Bail out of the car and attack the spirit. Risking the possibility of Yuri getting hit, but taking initiative with making the first die rolls against a single gun armed spirit. Initiates combat with a single spirit and summoner.

[ Special Action: Converse ]
Attempt to initiate conversation with the apparent threat and attempt to defuse the situation. If the conversation deteriorates, the spirit will roll the first die and take initiative.

sukimairu-png.186812
datkiriface-png.186820

@Ehb

"It's something to do with the car itself, I can tell you that mu— Yuri...?" Suki turned to give her a strange look. "Oh..."

"What's a gun...?"
"A ballistic projectile weapon. Kinda like your crossbow there, but way faster."
"Oh... wow, it must be awfully fast then..."

Suki pondered the situation a few moments before turning to Kiri: "Kiri, head out there and try to figure out who they are and what they want; you have the most dopey, harmless look of all of us! I'll distract the kid before she tries something stupid."

Kiri returned an indignant glare for a few moments, pondering whether or not this was an order worth fighting on principle alone, before finally getting out of the opposite end of the car and circling around slowly.

[ Kiri performs Special Action: Converse ]

"Uhm.... hello," she began uncertainly. "......I'm Kiri, and I'm here with my friends to save this world from the... thing... uhm... oh, MINZUNAHORA unique!"

"Mi-Zu-No-Hara unit!" Suki corrected from the car.

"Yes...! That..." she confirmed. "And you are...?"

Meanwhile...

@Skyswimsky

"Hey, you like candy right?" Sukimairu began, sliding up closer to Kyouko and producing a few, colorfully wrapped pieces of hard candy. "These cinnamon candies are infamous in my world for the atomic 60 challenge. The idea is, no kid can keep it in their mouth for more than 60 seconds, much less finish it...."

Suki dangled a piece of candy in front of the spirit's face with the most smug face imaginable, almost like one would dangle a dog treat just outside a puppy's reach.

8r5U6DI.png
Himura = Kyouko = Hiruma
iUdBb21.png

@Ehb
@Luma

@Ehb
"Careful!" Kyouko called out towards Yuri, using her strength to drag Yuri in her uncomfortable position back into the car. She wasn't too worried about a potential gun-wielder, but there was no reason for Yuri to put herself on display like that. "We should try talking." Alas, Kiri was already on it.

@Luma
Kyouko, on the other hand, used this chance to eye Sukimairu's candy. "Is that a challenge!? I've heard of something like this before, something about taking a spoonful of Cinnamon into your mouth?" She asked Suki, before grabbing one of the pieces of sweets faster than Sukimairu could say 'Kiri'. She had offered, after all. "Don't worry, Sumikaru. I, Kyouko, am not a child anymore. But a responsible and wise adult. Mhm. Of course, one is never too old for tasty candy! Thank you!" With these words, the brunette unwrapped the piece of sweet, eyeing it suspiciously for just a moment before it landed in her mouth.

"..."
"Isn't Cinnamon supposed to taste sweet!? Like on Christmaaaaaaaahhhhhhh"

5 Seconds had passed.

Kyouko started to cough, spitting the now half-chewed in spit-covered Candy onto Sukimairu's fine clothing. "It burns!" She claimed. "I'm burning!" She wailed. "This isch worsss dhan hodpod." Shaking her head in defeat for just a moment, the brunette stared at Sukimairu with the resolve of a heroic hero facing off against the their yet greatest adversary. "Nenanan!" Kyouko called out the 'name' of her ability under pain as the very air around her just seemed to warp slightly. In her hand, the un-wrapped candy from just before. On Suki's clothes, the half-chewed piece of 'thing' still present. A paradox!?

"Turns out, I still do not like spicy food. Buuut this time I didn't pass out! Epic Victory!"

KAITO.600.1253684.jpg

@Ehb
The drive was smooth, even if the car was fairly beaten up. Kimiko started to relax as they drove, happy with the fact that at least she had her car back. It was an added bonus that as they got further away Tsubaha started to feel the influence of Kuuyari wane.

"Well, I guess it's good to know that if we get possessed we run away?"
Kimiko said, shrugging her shoulders.

"What if we can't?"
Ko asked.

"No if we have Sandy, we can-"
Pop. "Huh?"

The car slowed to a halt.

"Huh?"
Kimiko said.

To her credit, Kimiko kept a straight face as Sukimaru explained. Ko, on the other hand, was not going to stick around for the inevitable fallout. He was never going to get why Kimiko was so in love with that car. It was regularly ruined, and at this point he would have given up on that thing. It was costing them more than it was saving.

Luckily he had managed to get out the opposite side of Yuri, so maybe the gun wielder hadn't noticed him. He crawled over behind the back tire, hoping that was enough cover to not get shot and also somehow not get Sukimaru in trouble. If he just sat very, very still maybe he'd be safe. Maybe.

YuriIcoB.jpg
Tsubaha-Ic-N.jpg

"Careful!"

Yuri almost panicked but instinctively froze as she was pulled back from hanging on the edge of her seat into back into the car. She immediately turned to her savior - not looking particularly thankful... rather a bit spooked.

@Skyswimsky

"K-kyouko! That was dangerous...!" Yuri said in a hushed but urgent tone. "The person with that gun might've took that as a hostile action and started shooting you know...!'
"We should try talking."
"Yes it seems like Kiri is already in the process of doing it. But..."

It was then that Sukimairu spoke up, seeming to be focused on Spirit Kyouko at that moment.

Yuri observed Sukimairu handing Spirit Kyouko the candy - the result of the little debacle was Kyouko spitting out the candy but with the use of her quirky time power, she has also 'created' a second candy pulled from the moment before she ate it. At least... that was how Yuri was understanding it.

"...Turns out, I still do not like spicy food. Buuut this time I didn't pass out! Epic Victory!"

Yuri, whom had been watching the entire debacle had faith that there was some deeper purpouse to all of this. Reguardless, she couldn't help but want to ask directly.

@Luma

"Sukimairu. I can only assume there was some sort of purpose to having Kyouko eat candy in this situation?" Yuri asked.

Tsubaha on the other hand, was eyeing Kiri covering with the gun wielder. Though no one was looking at her at that moment, Tsubaha had a very unimpressed expression on her face as Kiri stumbled with getting the name of their target right. Was Kiri really the one to be doing negotiation at that moment.

Still now, everyone was able to get a better look at the gun toting individual trained on them.

It was... another girl. She had long blonde hair seemed to be wearing a long coat over what looked like a regular school uniform like the ones in Yuri's original world. She had a cold expression while Kiri had originally been introducing herself, but she seemed to react just a little upon hearing Sukimairu Correct Kiri.

Tsubaha drew that this person must've known of the MIZUNOHARA Unit as well.

"My name is Alexis Davare. I'm not particularly concerned with what you peple say you want to do..."

The girl flipped some sort of switch on both of her guns. If Tsubaha's experience told her enough, that click could've either been this girl chambering a round into her pistols... or her flipping the safety switch, which would allow the guns to actually fire.

"...All I do know is that you all are on my part of the forest. I can see you people prepping up to ambush me but It's no use! Get out of the care and out into the open with your hands in the air, and then we can talk."

The girl makes her demand. Keeping one gun Trained on Kiri....
@Karyra
And, discreetly, the other gun barrel hovers a little in the general direction of where Ko had exited the car. She must've seen the movement in the car.

Tsubaha's eyes narrowed. Yuri had said that she had seen a spirit. But, a spirit relying on Guns was a bit of a rarity. Tsubaha found it odd that this girl was able to confidently make demands even though she was obviously outnumbered - and the fact that her 'summoner' wasn't present made their whole position here very uncertain.

"It's important to try to gain their trust. Kiri."

Tsubaha gave Kiri the designated negotiator some very vague advice on how to proceed.

"That also means we probably shouldn't be trying to set up ambushes when it's apparent she can already see us... Kimiko"

Tsubaha adressed Ko's summoner with nudging their seat aggressively with her knee.

[ Special Action - Comply ]

Comply with Alexis' demands, getting out of the car and leaving oneself vulnerable. Helps de-escalate the situation.

[ Special Action - Attack ]

Attack Alexis and initiate a battle with an initiative die roll against a spirit and summoner.

[ Special Action - Scan ]

Attempt to look around and reveal any hidden information.

Or you can keep carrying the scene as Sukimairu might also have a plan.

sukimairu-png.186812
datkiriface-png.186820

@Ehb

"It accomplished what it needed to accomplish..." Suki answered, flicking the partially-eaten candy off her fluffy pajamas. "Try not to read too much into it. Sometimes, candy is just candy."

"Ambush...?!" Kiri turned around in surprise, narrowing her eyes a bit at the car in general, unable to notice Ko from her own position. "No ambushing while I'm negotiating...!" Kiri demanded like she was scolding a bunch of children.

"I'm not sure why you would want their hands up, but I can ask..." she continued, heading over to the partially opened door and relaying the demands as if Alexis wasn't loud enough to be heard anyway.

"So I heard..." Suki confirmed. "She sounds more like a territorial lioness than any kind of intelligent spirit. What kind of backwater tribes live in this patchwork anyway where they would just attack random trave—"
"Suki...!" Kiri interrupted, pressing for some kind of direction.
"I'm used to dealing with professionals, not this. I'd say just force our way out of here, but animals can be dangerous, particularly in their native habitats."
"Suuukiiiii..!!" Kiri complained indignantly, stealing a quick peek behind her to confirm the scary barrel weapon was still pointed at her. And it was.
"Hm...... Kita?"
"Yes, miss Saemonsa—"
"Scan the area for anomalies with whatever sensors you have access to."
"Certainly! My scan should be ready in 37 seconds."

[ Kita performs special action: Scan ]

"Let her know I'm getting out of the car. If I give the signal, use that technique we practiced on her. There's no point in letting a whole world die over local territorial disputes."

"Okay!" Kiri turned back around, answering, "Suki's coming out of the car like you requeste—"

[ Sukimairu performs Special Action: Comply ]

"I'm coming around," Suki announced as she circled the car with her hands up, face painfully unamused as she began to taunt the girl... "Is there anything else you feel like demanding as tribute for treading upon your unmarked territory? Maybe a carving for your totem pole, or how about a lighter to help keep your cave warm at night?"

"Please stop talking..." Kiri murmured, her relatively diplomatic approach now completely overshadowed by Suki ranting out her grievances.

"You've never heard of the MIZUNOHARA unit? You know... the doomsday device trying to crush you and every other tribe here into a magical wishing-rock while you're busy protecting your squatting grounds?"

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Reactions: Skyswimsky
8r5U6DI.png
Himura = Kyouko = Hiruma
iUdBb21.png

@Ehb

"Oh no, a gun, how scary." The smaller Kyouko murmured unamused, somewhat mocking and sarcastic, as she followed closely behind Suki. "You know, we're the good guys! You shouldn't aim weapons at good guys!" She tried to explain to the gun wielder named Alexis, not really putting her hands into air. Then again, she was just a child after all, no?

"We got no time for this." Kyouko, too, was making her way out of the broken vehicle as she had witnessed the exchange of the two beforehand after she 'saved' Yuri. The girl had the same school uniform, too. Which maybe meant... "We're going to save the World... s. Save Mizunohara Sagawa, one way or another. You can keep and stick your forest somewhere or whatever, nobody here really cares. Although if you keep throwing a tantrum there maybe won't be a forest anymore. So, stop wasting each others time and let us pass... in one piece."

"Or are you perhaps a villain, too!?"

[ Kyoukos performs Special Action: kinda Comply ]

KAITO.600.1253684.jpg

@Ehb
"What?" Kimiko said to Tsubaha. "There was no..."

That was when she noticed that Ko was no longer in the car. She sighed.

"Well, I didn't plan that, I can tell you that right now."

Kimiko grabbed the key from the ignition slowly, trying not to make any sudden moves. If she got shot, it would be hard to clean the seats on the car.

[Kimiko Used Special Action: Comply]

She moved slowly as she got out, holding her hands high as she did so. However, that didn't mean that she couldn't look around as she did so, and Kimiko was nothing if not a detective.

[Kimiko Used Special Action: Scan]

There had to be something around here to get out of this. Oh, speaking of around here...

"Get out from behind the tire, you big baby."
Kimiko said, rolling her eyes at her spirit.

Ko slowly stood up from the back of the car, hands appearing first. As he emerged, he realized that he could have sent out an illusion.

"Ko..."
Kimiko said.

"Don't remind me, Kimiko. I know."