Owaru no Sekai - Crossover Battle ( In Character )

Ehb

Literal No One
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
It's Easier to just Look at Below
This is the One Shot In Character Thread for Owaru No Sekai : Cross Over Battle - This RP will be scheduled to 'end' on December 8th 2019. A final wrap up post will be written soon after that if necessary, autopiloting the rest of the story and concluding it.

Signups were done solely through the Interest Thread, and no additional characters will be accepted.

For those wondering, the standard posting format is simply having two character portraits on top with their names colored in. This is important since there's a lot more talking going on. Because everyone here is already familiar with Ehb RP posting in general, just remember to underline important parts and use your @'s as necessary!

Limbo Universe, is a world in which all worlds can exist. Even after the end.
It is a patchwork of worlds that are all surrounded by a misty void that reaches far into the sky.
The discovery and meeting of these worlds are simply governed by those brave enough to step into that void and have faith that they'll arrive at another desination by walking through it.

Here, death is not permanent either. A body that is destroyed will reappear as good as new after a single span of a cycle. However, the exchange is their memory. When they awake, they are again faced with the horror of awakening in this strange and mysterious Limbo of demise.

In Limbo, the most valuable things one has is experience and memory. If you die, you lose everything you gain in your time here. A frustrating and traumatizing return to square one.

The only glimmer of hope in this graveyard of worlds is the Wishing Stone. An object rumored to grant any wish. Powerful enough to restore a world to the way it once was. To find it, one needs the all the previous Key Fragments to show them the way.

Special Individuals with the Power to Summon Risk their Memories and their Honor in duels. The weapon of choice: A Noble Spirit. The Spirits, retrieved from the depths of oblivion, brandish their martial prowess. Redeeming the failures of their former life to serve their Master In battle, with everything on the line.

In this stagnant universe, it may only be in the heat of battle Summoner and their Great Spirits can feel the wheels of fate turning once more for them.

Ehb Presents...
One Shot - 2019

Owaru no Sekai
Crossover Battle

YuriIcoB.jpg
Nozomi Yuri == Tsubaha Moriya
Tsubaha-Ic-N.jpg

The party had made a choice that could not be easily backed out of.

As Yuri had said, once they step into the gate there was no telling what sort of horrors would await them. Moreover, this gate was one-way only. It was a portal that would get them to Kuuyari, Fatuita, and the MIZUNOHARA Unit. But, while the experts at the Ideology had figured out the method that allowed the two of them to slip in and out of their secret base so easily - there was simply, no way to ensure that the party could get back.

They were simply told that the MIZUNOHARA Unit was tampering with the normal workings of the void. Their hidden base was just another patchwork that was cut off due to that disturbance.

In short, everything could return back to normal if the MIZUNOHARA Unit was destroyed.

The party chose to go through that gate, bracing for the horrors that lie within. But to their surprise, what awaited them on the other side was not fire and brimstone - or a hail of lasers. But rather it was a dark and moody scene. The clouds were hovering overhead, partially masking a starry night. They were out in the forest but in the distance the lights of a settlement, completely enclosed by a clear dome was visible. But, between them and this town, short but easily noticeable with green hair that was shimmering mischievously in the moonlight, was someone who they were looking for. Seeking out to destroy, to be more precise.

A young girl with long green hair. She had a piercing princess-like gaze that appeared to see beyond what the world would reveal normally. Her name was Kuuyari. It was only a short while ago that she nearly tore the party apart. But, right now she was here seemingly to greet their arrival. She wore this not-mocking, but nonetheless bemused smile at her newfound intruders.

"Yuri Nozomi. I am impressed that you have managed to find our secret hideout? I am surprised that your friends chose to not kick you out, considering you killed - no rather betrayed people before. What would be the chance that their trust will be dashed against the rocks like you did to your friends before?"

"No chance. Kuuyari. I... I did kill people. Though I regret it, nothing I can do now will change that face. But I've realized something important. What you did in the past isn't something your throw away your future for."

"Indeed. Your future was paid for by the lives of that boy and girl - they were trying to help you and you killed them."

Yuri wavers.
They were trying to help her?

"...Help?"

"Yuri! Focus!"

Beside her, a shorter still girl with distinct points as eyebrows shakes her summoner. This was exactly what Kuuyari was doing before. Preying on Yuri's doubts.
Kuuyari was troublesome. She had a power to see of things that people would normally hide away. She was a clairvoyant on the enemy side, and she used that to full effect. Yuri wanted to believe she was lying.. but even though she never knew what her 'victims' intent was, Kuuyari had only told truth throughout this entire journey.

What a cruel thing of her to say now.

"Sorry. Tsubaha. You're right."
"Kuuyari, maybe they were trying to help me. I might have made the wrong choice in my past life. But, that won't change what I've done. Right now, the future of Limbo can still be changed! Kuuyari, you need to cease this reckless experiment with using the MIZUNOHARA Unit to try the Paradox Method again. The Paradox method brings nothing good!"

"Oh, you are telling me, one among whom is actively trying to make it happen, that the Paradox Method is bad?"

"Yes. We've been told that it was responsible for the destruction of Earth Sigma. If you don't want a repeat of that same tragedy then stand down and cease immediately!"

"Well then, allow me to humor your misinformation..."

After taking a cough, The clairvoyant laughed daintily.

"You JUST figured that out? You are quite slow on that Nozomi Yuri. My colleagues and I have known that from the beginning - ever since we have had possession of the MIZUNOHARA Unit. Yes, the experiment that they conducted on Earth Sigma had about a 90% chance of failing, and a 10% chance of working. So it is no surprise?"

"Then why are you trying to do it again, Kuuyari!?"

"The MIZUNOHARA Unit's purpose was to be able to withstand a destruction caused by a failure of the Paradox method. Simply put, using the data that was gathered, our leader has been able to improve those chances to a 50% success rate."

"Your organization is betting on a flip of a coin for this to work!?"

"Yes. And if it does fail, we shall improve it even more. The power to perfect the Paradox Method, create any matter... become gods themselves, in your diction it is 'like totally worth it'. Why settle with a single wishing stone to bring back the worlds when - with an unlimited number of the - Limbo itself can become a heaven on it's own? Of course, some sacrifices must be made in the name of progress."

After a moment, Yuri shakes her head defiantly.

"I won't accept that kind of thinking. The people of that world never asked to be used the way you're intending to. Their lives aren't so worthless as to justify them over a 50% chance of success."
"Like you have the right to talk about the value of lives.... Who knows, Yuri. Maybe then - there exists another Limbo specifically for worlds coming from this Limbo as well, no?"

"...My Name, is Nozomi Yuri. Unification Ideology Branch of Earth Hotel Kilo. Under the orders of the main branch, I'm putting you under arrest for endangerment of the peace of this pachwork world and it's inhabitants! Surrender now or prepare to repent!"

"Always insistent on the theatrics. Nozomi Yuri. Before you make a misinformed move, might I pose you a correction?"

"What correction? The Ideology is telling the truth."

"And I am here to correct it. You all remember the so-called destruction of Earth Sigma, right? A world supposedly destroyed by the Paradox Method? What if I told you that it's that very patchwork that you're standing on right now?"

"Th-that's preposterous! Everyone knows that it got destroyed!"

"And I'm here to tell you that everyone knows wrong. I haven't ever ever lied to you before. And..."

Finally, Yuri ceased her torment of Yuri to turn her attention to the party behind her.

"You all look a little dumbfounded. That reaction is precisely why a clairvoyant must not reveal too much at once. Sometimes, the world is just not ready to hear the truth. But, let me sum all of this up for your intellectually challenged psyches. Earth Sigma was never destroyed. It simply has become tied to the MIZUNOHARA Unit. Yes. The truth is that the Paradox Method was a success. In your types' speak it would be something alone the lines of 'Mind Blown' right?"

Kuuyari daintily held out her hand towards Yuri's party.

"Might I make each of you a proposition? Abandon this Murdering Idealist, join us, and...."

@Luma
"...with an unlimited number of wishing stones. There will be no need for the Ideologies, yes? A smart girl such as yourself could rewrite the world with Fatuita in a way that makes better sense, no?"
"...And the Maple one can enjoy an eternity together with her friends here, no doubt."

@Karyra
"...An Ideal world can be created for everyone. No more pain or hardships. A home you desire so dearly? Highways perhaps?"
"Your spirit can also be freed to the state he wishes to return to, no doubt."

@Skyswimsky

"...might you consider the possibility that you're fighting on the wrong side? The ends of creating a utopia of eternal happiness will justify anything, no?"
"...I can promise we have no intention of meddling in whatever corporation or the like you two have gained. You can go through the rest of eternity peacefully."

@LowDefinition
"...in a world where everyone gets what they wish there will be no need to be worried about weight and becoming a slave."

Kuuyari chuckled a little.

"...And no death. Not the flowed versions of it like the old reality or the cruel variation of limbo. But life in unlimited supply."

@Accelerator
"...a true copy of the WIshing Stone can attain for you what you truly wish for. An unlimited supply can help you find what you truly seek. Mizunohara Sagawa lived her life trying to please everyone. Would you not honor that wish of hers, and use the MIZUNOHARA Unit for that purpose?"
"...Additionally, an an ideal world of no want. There is no need for backstabbing."

"So then. After hearing that. How about it?"

"Kuuyari! You dishonorable street con artist! How dare you try to tempt our friends!?"
"...We've traveled with them this whole time, Tsubaha. I believe in all of them."

"Well, how far will belief stand from the truth, I wonder?"

A Choice will need to be made:
[ Stay With Yuri ] < = > [ Betray Yuri and Join Kuuyari ]

Suna.no.Wakusei.600.2121731.jpg Kimiko Ono &&& Ko (Shinji Kobe)
I'm not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...

@Ehb

The whole ordeal was rather long an convoluted. Which meant that at the end, all she could do was walk. Kimiko wished she had brought her car. However, she had to admit that the mood that Kuuyari had set up in this area was nice. Too bad it soared completely over her head. Kimiko opened her notebook, scribbled in some notes and then flipped over to the Kuuyari page. As the back and forth between Yuri and the Green Menace continued, Kimiko was perfecting her sketch.

Ko, meanwhile, was more interested in the back and forth between the clairvoyant and Yuri. He watched the debate like a tennis match, back... forth... back....

When Kuuyari started to address the duo, Kimiko held up a finger to say 'just a moment' and finished her sketch.

"And make all my hard work pointless? I did all this,"
Kimiko waved her notebook. It was beaten and well-used. "Because I reach for the truth with my own hands. I don't want a 'snap your fingers' solution."

Kimiko shook her head. "Isn't that what you want? Just to close your eyes and get all you want? That's awful boring, isn't it?"

Ko, on the other hand hesitated. After a moment of contemplation, he cleared his throat and said, "Kimiko is right. Then again, I'd say you don't know me at all! I'm happy how I am. Even if Kimiko and I have to wander Limbo forever, I'm better for being a Spirit."

He held up his fist and Kimiko tapped her knuckles against his. No words were exchanged, but there didn't need to be.

"Kuu-chan, I think that your way of doing things is just false. No matter how many coin tosses happen, you can throw being a murderer in Yuri's face... but only one of you is still killing." Kimiko leaned over to Ko conspiratorially and stage whispered, "what a hypocrite."

Ko nodded.

"You'd think for being a clairvoyant, she'd see more than just right in front of her," Ko said and shrugged dramatically. "Maybe she needs glasses."

sukimairu-png.186812
Sukimairu S. == Kiri Moriya
datkiriface-png.186820

@Ehb

"Hmm..."

Sukimairu stood off to the side, finger tapping her cheek as Kuuyari threw out her offer. For the moment, it seemed as if she was legitimately considering it.

"Well it's an interesting idea..." she admitted, "I can tell you're a lady who prides herself in honesty, considering I've never heard you actually speak anything wrong. But here's the thing... by keeping silent, you led everyone to believe Earth Sigma had been destroyed. With your silence, you, Kuuyari, have been the greatest liar I've ever met! And you've just admitted that you'll do it again!"

Pointing an accusing finger at Kuuyari, Suki declared, "I can't stand liars, and I'll fight you right here, right now, if for no other reason than that!"

After a moment of letting this sink in, Sukimairu shared a short glance with Yuri... before nodding her approval. They'd already had this conversation; they'd already reached the understanding. No point going over it again.

"....zzz..."

"Kiri...? KIRI!"

Suki flicked the forehead of her sleepy summon.

"Hmm... huu... whaa...?"

"She just called you Maple again."

Kiri's snapped into a death-glare and she released a noise that resembled a cross between a drunken snake and an angry poodle.

"Let's finish her...!"

8r5U6DI.png
Himura = Kyouko = Hiruma
iUdBb21.png

@Ehb

"No." Kyouko said without giving the offer more than a second of thought, while the smaller hero was giving a simple yawn. "You talk as if people are nothing more than resources and numbers. This is not what I, we, stand for. The end does NOT justify the means. Your goals might make sense, but what's the point if you have to throw away yourself to achieve your goals? Chances are you'll become warped and corrupt." The totally-not-a-pirate responded oddly calm, but certainly very firm voice. "Besides..." Alas, there was a part inside her that was likely not in unison with the majority of the party. "I will not let you use Sagawa any longer!"

"Are you done now?" The other Kyouko asked the one-eyed Kyouko curiously, already whipping back and forth as she got a thumbs up to 'go ahead'.

"Ahem..." Clearing her throat, the brunette pointed her finger at Kyuuari. "Listen to me you second-grade-fortune-teller! As much as I like a good gamble, I'll save both of us all of the headaches and let you know that if your clairvoyant ability of far-sight stuffs would be as great as you try to make us believe ...or at least I get the feeling you try to look like being in control and all... THEN we wouldn't even be in this situation! How 'wise' are you anyway? Lacking the basics and all! The good guys always win! I lost count of how many bad people go all 'Join us, and together we make everything better!', it's the same over and over and over again. It's like you'll never learn until I punched some sense into you. Besides..." Getting just a bit more serious, she shook her head. "Some powers have implications that are better left untouched, I think."

Last edited:
Te3slEw.png
Haruka Tatsumi - Yulia Verde
hATbktp.png

@Ehb

This is it, this would perhaps be Haruka's last time going along with Yuri. After that she considers her debt paid in full. Maybe even the situation turned around so that Yuri is now indebted to Haruka. And so... She along with Yuri and the others marches towards the final battle. And so, they met Kuuyari, and a lengthy speech started between Yuri and Kuu. Haruka took the time to unfold her chair and take a seat and just listened while looking very bored, Yulia stood beside her, ready to strike when the battle starts.

When Kuu attempts to persuade the two to join her, Haruka only looked disinterested with the offer. Yulia looked at her and nodded while keeping her stance.

"You done?" Haruka yawned as she adjusts herself on the chair. Placing her right hand on her chin, seemingly thinking. "You know... If you persuade me back when I was just a Ring Bunny I'd take that offer in a heartbeat." She would then stood up after saying that.

"But you see, I already have a debt to settle with Yuri. So that's a hard no, besides... Immortality is boring you know. Yulia, you agree right? Being immortal is very stupid because you'd end up having nothing to do anymore and be bored with your life, right?" Haruka offered a high five to Yulia, which she replied with another high five.

"She agrees, so! Sorry girl, if only you approached me before Yuri approached me first... You might have yourself another ally at your disposal. But truth is, I'm with Yuri already so..." She folded her chair and points to Kuu with her chair.

"Are we going to do this or what?"

@Karyra ( Kimiko & Ko )
"A good pair of glasses can resolve bad eyesight. Unfortunately for you though, Death is the only cure for your stupidity!"

@Luma ( Sukimairu & Kiri )
"I'm entirely disappointed Sukimairu. I didn't think that the individual with the intelligence to find a way to transcend obliteration would have fallen so low to think Kiri Moriya would stand a chance in a Spirit Battle!"

@Skyswimsky ( Kyouko x 2 )
"The power to see the future is certainly not a blessing... May you consider yourself fortunate that you will never have to live knowing it's curse like I do!"

@LowDefinition ( Haruka & Yulia)
"Maybe you'll be more open to my offer after I remind you just how close you are to going back into that Rabbit Outfit, Rotund one!"

YuriIcoB.jpg
Tsubaha-Ic-N.jpg

@Ehb ( Yuri & Tsubaha )
Kuuyari's offer was shot down by everyone.

"I already saw this outcome. Of course you lot would keep clinging to that girl."

"Kuuyari. You're outnumbered. Your tricky logic isn't going to work this time. So... stand down!"

Defiantly, Kuuyari flipped her hair. Taking this apparent setback with just a hint of annoyance. Or at least giving the appearance of doing so.

"And what if I told you no?"

"Then I will not hesitate to atta-!"
"Kill me?"

Yuri pursed her lips. Internally slapping herself at her hipocracy. But she again gathers herself, she grimly nodded her head.

"If you don't stand down. I'll do what it takes to get to the MIZUNOHARA Unit and stop your schemes to execute the Paradox Method again."
"...Even though it worked?"

Whatever Kuuyari was saying now... Yuri couldn't allow those words to make her lose sight of what she wanted to do. Yuri knew that Kuuyari had a hand in what happened to Sukimairu before they met. About the people she had manipulated in to doing terrible things to one another. If there was one thing Yuri had learned about dealing with Kuuyari at this point, it was that reasoning with her would only lead to Yuri being led astray.

"The suffering that I've seen caused by you and your organization is all that I needed to see. I won't let you go through with this!"

There was a lot of misery that Kuuyari had caused other people, and by now it was obvious the clairvoyant had no remorse. Yuri didn't know Kuuyarti's full story. Maybe somewhere there was good in her. But as things stood now, she was a great threat. She had to be taken out if they were to put a close to the trouble the Paradox Method had caused.

"T-there is nothing heroic about being violently fearful of the unknown... and of things that you do not understand. I.... I suppose now that you have made your intentions clear, I've no choice but to defend myself, yes?"
"Prepare yourself, Kuuyari!"

Kuuyari smiling in a conflicted manner, makes a deft and wide gesture with her arms.

"And prepare yourself as well, Yuri Nozomi. I will relish in seeing your facade of half baked ideals crumble all over again... just like it did last time!"

"Prepare yourselves. She's summoning her spirit!"
"It's Seperija and that damned Wyvern of hers!"

In a brief moment pillars of light manifested several hollow forms.
The stood in a defensive line between Kuuyari and the party. They were silouettes wielding what looked like spears and shields. It was different from the single spirit that they were used to seeing her summon.

"Maybe a bit of a demonstration of the power of the Paradox Method is in order, Yuri? I have a whole army at my command. Antibodies, attack!"

Undulating, the silhouette forms made breaks for members in Yuri's party, swinging their 'swords' wildly. However... the Great Spirits in our heroes' party were faster...

Objective:
Defeat the Silouette forms!

Kuuyari has somehow summoned multiple spirits at the same time and is controlling them to attack the party! Defeat them!

Simple How To: [ Attack ]
Attack by rolling a single 100 sided die. The result of that roll determines how much damage your spirit's action in this post does to a foe. It's recommended to write up until your character executes their move, post, roll the die, and write the rest of the post based on the roll you got.

8r5U6DI.png
Himura = Kyouko = Hiruma
iUdBb21.png

@Ehb

"But of course! Classical evil-people Henchmen! Although technically they have even less personality than a henchman, no? So... Henchhollows...silhouettes? Henchthinga-" Kyouko wondered, as the other sighed. "I'm pissed." Chiming in. "If you knew the outcome and were asking nonetheless, it must mean you're either full of horseshit or hoping for a change in the future you saw, for whatever reason. Stupid in-control-know-it-alls" Shaking her head, the one-eye took a few steps back as the enemy 'army' came charging.

"But it matters not, it's just as the little pipsqueak said, the good guys...."
"Henchspirits? Henchfodder? Just fodder? Maybe the problem lies with he— Owh!" Kyouko gave Kyouko a good smack on the head. "Stop being stupid and do your thing."

At this point in time, the younger Kyouko had to side-step the spear strike of the enemy spirit before counter-attacking with a simple punch: Smashing the shield and spirit alike. "Haihai, the heroe's on it!" Charging now straight into the enemy mass, Kyouko unleashed carnage. "NEUANFANG!" Fighting with a combination of brute force and using her power at close-range to displace the enemy and heal purposefully taken wounds. "Can't we just skip the fodder-step!?" Somewhat annoyed, she also uprooted a tree somewhere in-between as she used it as a giant beating stick.

Last edited:

sukimairu-png.186812
datkiriface-png.186820

"Well, if yo--"

"I'll make you eat your words you..... you.......!! MAPLE!!" Kiri interrupted Suki's more dignified remark, barely allowing the conversation to end before she'd launched herself skyward. A few moments later, a Kiri meteor cut through the air straight for the green-haired seer.

"EAAARRRRRTHQUAAAAAKE!!"

The shockwave was enough to knock Sukimairu and several others back onto the ground. As the giant cloud of dust settled, more and more of the giant crater became visible where Kuuyari used to be. Much to Kiri's disappointment, her target had been quickly moved back to the opposite end of the crater she'd made, and an unlucky spirit had been summoned only to take Kuu's place in the flattening.

"So if she saw that coming, why on Earth would she still call her Ma-- errrmm.... that," Suki considered, dusting the dirt off the Manacorp logo of her nightcap, before placing it unashamedly back on her head like a crown. "I wonder......"

Last edited:

suna-no-wakusei-600-2121731-jpg.187373
Kimiko Ono &&& Ko (Shinji Kobe)
I'm not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...

@Ehb

Kimiko looked bored. "That's the best insult you can hurl back at me? I've heard elementary kids give me better burns than that. Here you are all 'final boss' and..." Kimiko sighed, disappointed. "I dunno. Just expected more. Ya know?"

Kimiko started to stretch, casually ignoring the shade spirits. Her back needed to be popped, anyway. It wasn't like she was going to be able to go toe to toe with Fake Spirits or whatever, anyway.

"Shouldn't you get out of the way, Kimiko?" Ko said.

"Nah, you got it," Kimiko said, twisting her back until it popped. "Go get 'em, Ko."

"Thanks," Ko said, meaning none of it.

He dashed off, seeming to split off into three and surrounding one with a spear. Ko danced carefully around, the doubles mirroring his movements exactly. He waited for an opening....

And there it was. With blinding speed Ko started to close in, and the Spirit swung the spear wildly at Ko's face. It was a game of chicken and the spear had the longer reach. Ko didn't flinch, and suddenly... the clone shattered into little pieces as the real Ko appeared. Ko kicked at the insides of the spirit's knees, causing it to falter and drop the spear.

Ko caught it with his foot and used the pole part of the spear to hit the fake spirit in the face, breaking the spear in the process. It splintered into two pieces. Ko threw away the remains, and squared up for a next round.

Kimiko gave a polite applause at the attack. Even a soft whoop at the hit. If she made noise he wouldn't think she was napping. Though she was already yawning. It was too bad Kiri was busy with all that... earthquake... stuff. Kimiko was never going to get magic.

Last edited:
Iilvwzi.png
Michio Kamijou == Argenta Salvare
0LR1hQj.png

Their journey had come down to this. In a classic rpg, this would have been the final confrontation leading to the final boss fight. They had arrived at the hidden patchwork Kuuyari had been using as her base of operations shortly after the stars had revealed themselves in this fateful night. It was a shame though as Michio would have loved to gaze at the night sky of this foreign land, but with the gravity of the situation, he cannot afford to be distracted by anything.

Finally, the person they have been pursuing all this time showed up, and she made no effort to hide herself at all as it was evident that she was expecting the party's arrival. A clash of words between Yuri and Kuuyari ensued, a back and forth duel of ideals... until the clairvoyant began tempting everybody with what he could only assume as what they want most. When Kuuyari finally addressed him... when she mentioned how he could honor Sagawa by joining her side and betraying Yuri, Michio could feel his knuckles clenching until they were turning white. Out of everyone in the party, he had been affected by Kuuyari's offer the most. The lingering question of what would have happened had he used a perfect wishing stone at the time plagued his thoughts all over again.

He was finally snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a pair of warm hands gently grasp his own. He looked at Argenta's direction and nodded reassuringly at him, a sign that whatever he chooses, she would undoubtedly stick by his side. All the tension left his body and he was finally able to draw a deep breath. Then with eyes filled with newfound resolve, he met Kuuyari's gaze.

"Mizunoha--- Sagawa-chan wanted to befriend everyone and help them in any way she can. She was way too kind for her own good and she was foolish enough to believe that she can please everyone. Her heart was in the right place but she would never approve of such a utilitarian way of doing things. You are merely playing god and trampling on her dreams and beliefs." Michio replied.

He could sense that Argenta was relieved by his response and answered Kuuyari as well.

"While I do not approve of betrayal, creating a world where people are forced to do or be something that they're not is simply a form of slavery. Those who are born free enjoy freedom and those who are not yearn for it. It is this way of thinking that proves your ideals are inherently flawed. And as such, we will never see eye to eye on anything." Argenta responded, readying her trusty blade in a combat stance.

With none of the party members falling for her words, Kuuyari did what any villain would do in a classic shounen anime... call their henchmen and have them sic her enemies. While surprised at how many spirits she was able to summon, Michio noted that these were not like the Great Spirits they have been so used to seeing. Rather, these felt more like puppets controlled by Kuuyari.

"Even though these should prove to be weaker than your average spirit, I recommend that we still exercise caution against these foes. A lack of personality may not equate to a lack of strength." Argenta suggested.

"Yeah, we can't really underestimate our enemies at this point. "

An assortment of runic marking enveloped Argenta's weapon and clothing giving off various effects as she prepared to strike down one of the spirits that Kuuyari summoned. The red rune enveloping her blade increased her blade's damage output, the white rune glowing on her limbs gave her the agility of a playful gust of wind, the brown rune attached to her garments gave added protection, and the yellow aura enveloping her entire body gave her an incredible surge of speed.

With her preparations done, she charged at the spirit, waiting at the very last second to dodge its spear thrust before disappearing in a flash. The next second, the spirit was assaulted by violent thrusts and stabs as Argenta began attacking it so fast she was leaving afterimages with each strike. A well placed roundhouse kick knocked the spirit's spear coupled by a back flip that kicked her opponent's shield away from it. She disengaged from the fray after her flurry of attacks, preparing to launch the next one when the opportunity comes.

Last edited:

YuriIcoB.jpg
Tsubaha-Ic-N.jpg

Kuuyari watched the carnage on. Breaking punches shattering one figure, a kick making one go into dust, another skewered apart - the rest blasted apart with a shuddering of the very ground itself.

As all of this was going on, Yuri was uneasy.
Was this really all the defense that Kuuyari was putting up? The 'so called anti-bodies' did little to protect anything. They were so entirely fragile that they were simply being made short work of. Yuri's own spirit, Tsubaha couldn't even have a chance at slashing at one before it was obliterated by a rock just now.

As the dust settled, all that was left way Yuri's Party, a massive hole, and an opposing Kuuyari. Standing alone with a single last phantom form.

Clap Clap Clap

Kuuyari quietly patted her hands with with neutral smile.

"My, my.... you took that really seriously didn't you? That's all good though, I've gotten a lot of good data from it. A bit of a shame that the best example was from the Maple one though."

"That was a pitiful attempt at a battle, Kuuyari." Tsubaha was impetuous, eager to fight. "I'm going to end our sour relationship right here!"

"I've not over yet, Tsubaha Moriya. I've still got a spirit left to protect me. In fact, there are a whole lot of antibodies left and they are more useful than you're all giving them credit for. Wanna see why?"

Kuuyari goaded Tsubaha to finish it. To which the swordstress snarled back.
"Enough of this! The will not protect you any longer after this!"

Tsubaha leaped forward. She closes the gap between the herself and Kuuyari's last spirit in almost a single move.
In that same movement, her sword swings into the spirit... easily overpowering their half-attempt at a guard.

"That's it Tsubaha!" Yuri cheered on. "Kuuyari, lets finish this!"

Yuri was prepared to to end it here.
But, something was wrong. Tsubaha didn't carry on with her attack.

Instead she remained standing there, with her sword dug into the spectral form.
Or was it...?

Tsubaha couldn't register what she was seeing.
Just now, she had landed what was no doubt a fatal cross blow on the form that was protecting Kuuyari. But... all of a sudden, the form wasn't what she was expecting it to be.

First off, it didn't break, rather it was cut into and was now bleeding.
It was in the form of a familiar looking girl wearing baggy clothes and a purple scarf.

"K....Kiri?"

Tsubaha was staring at the sight of her two blades dug into Kiri Moriya's sides, almost cutting her in half.

Yuri couldn't believe it either. There was no way, Kiri had just executed that attack just ealier. She wasn't supposed be where she was standing now. Yuri looks back to where Sukimairu was... and a bit more up. There was another Kiri, coming down from launching her earthquake spell. The real one.

"Tsubaha-!" Yuri said as she frantically turned to inform her spirit. "...Don't get fooled, that's not Kiri!"

It was too late.
The 'fake' Kiri, despite the imposter's grievous wounds, takes a hold of Tsubaha Moriya's small neck.
The form disappears, and Tsubaha is enveloped in a faint hue.

Yuri sensed that something was wrong. The most important thing to do now was to get her spirit out of whatever situation it was about to be put into.

"Tsubaha, return!"
"..."
"Tsubaha? Come on! UNSUMMON!"

Yuri orders her command at the top of her lungs.

"...Why? I can't unsummon her!?"

Opposite of Yuri, Kuuyari puts on a pleasant expression.

"Tsubaha Moriya. Attack your master."

Yuri felt a cold sweat. This wasn't good.

"You can't be telling me..."

On command. Tsubaha leaps towards Yuri. Her swords are drawn!
Yuri looks into her spirit's eyes. There was a distinct look of... someone struggling.

"Tsuba...ha?"

But the swordstress falls short.
Tsubaha crashes into the ground, and her blades scatter out before her.
She grips her head. Similar to how spirits would normally react to disobeying their summoner. The command migraine.

"Tch. Just one corpse shell isn't enough I suppose."

With a wave of her hand another fresh batch of antibodies appear. This time however, their target is Tsubaha.

Yuri couldn't exactly understand what was going on. But, she understood in a basic sense.
She puts herself between Kuuyari and the charging spirits, and her partner struggling to maintain control. She put her arms out.

"I won't let you take her over!"

The opposing new antibodies begin to race towards her. Yuri could only close her eyes.

"...Prepare to sink into the deepest depths of despair, Nozomi Yuri!"

Objective: Destroy the antibodies attempting to reach Tsubaha before the GM can reply again.

Last edited:

sukimairu-png.186812
datkiriface-png.186820

Kiri really hated the air. She hated it a lot. She hated how one needed to fly up to dizzying height to maximize a ground-pound impact, and she hated how she was now flying away from the horrific trick with the rebound, helpless to stop it. She tried pulling forth a rock to hurl at it, but air, being air, had just air in it. She hated that about air too.

"Tsubaha! I'm over here!!" she frantically called, which for Kiri, never really reached a volume of any significance to be heard across the cratered battleground.

"Yuri, don't even think about i-- Yuri!" Suki began to command with 'clairvoyance' of her own, but it was too little too late.

"Honestly, it's group 13 all over again! she complained, slapping her forehead with her palm. "Kiri, go support your sister's idiot summoner! I'm going straight for Kuuyari while she's distracted."

"Okay!" Kiri confirmed, as if the command was even necessary, already re-positioning herself to attack again. Unfortunately, by the time she was in range, they were already shockingly close to fight without hitting Yuri. Whipping a rock from the ground, she carefully magic-tossed it at the 'green ghost things,' barely disorienting one of them.

Meanwhile, Sukimairu sprinted around the crater, intending to take Kuuyari from behind while her spirits were focused on Tsubaha. Quickly darting between tree to tree, Suki whipped out what looked like some sort of neon taser, her back to the tree closest to where she's last seen Kuu. She took a moment to let her heart calm from 'frantic' to just 'incredibly fast,' and whipped around the tree she launch her attack.

Last edited:
Iilvwzi.png
Michio Kamijou == Argenta Salvare
0LR1hQj.png

Michio did not expect thing to go smoothly against the final boss. She expected these "Anto-bodies" to put up much more of a fight than what they have seen considering that these are spirits summoned by the big baddie herself. In fact things were going so smoothly that he instinctively knew that there was something wrong.

And, good old Murphy's Law happened. Tsubaha was about to launch an attack at the last spirit protecting Kuuyari and it would have been a fatal blow too but the spirit suddenly turned into... Kiri? Not, it was a spirit in the likeness of the drowsy girl. An illusory distraction designed to make one hesitate and let their guard down. For someone like Tsubaha who cherishes the comrades she travelled with in her world, hurting them in any way or form was a big blow to her. She faltered for a second but a se ond was more than enough for Kuuyari to somehow seize control of her and make her attack her own summoner. It was fortunate that the command migraine existed. Had it not been for that feature, he wasn't confident any of them would have made it to Yuri in time to defend her from Tsubaha's strike.

"Tch, leave it to the villainess to play dirty..."

However, Kuuyari summoned more antibodies and this time, they were all trying to gang up on Tsubaha.

"Hang on, Little Empress!" Argenta shouted, as her white Aura glowed even brighter. She was preparing to launch an AoE light spell to target the multiple spirits targeting Tsubaha, but rushing such a spell has a chance of decreasing its intended output. She could only hope that she pulls it off before any of them get to her.

As expected, such a rushed attack failed, simply managing to hit one of the Antibodies rather than all of them.

It couldn't be helped so Argenta decided to just rush towards Tsubaha's side and attempt to help defend her.

Last edited:
[Post comin after dice]

8r5U6DI.png
Himura = Kyouko = Hiruma
iUdBb21.png

@Ehb

"Tzch... of course it wouldn't be as easy." Himura stated the obvious, rather annoyed. "You despicable villainous villain!" Hiruma pointed her finger once again at the green-haired fortune teller before taking a quick glance at Tsubaha. "Don't let the evilness take over! You're way too awesome to give in! We're here for you." She tried to cheer the 'corrupted' Tsubaha on, quickly getting closer to her and Yuri before attempting to 'rewind' Tsubaha to a state just moments ago. Prior to what just happened. "Neuanfang!" Hopefully it wouldn't make things worse...

With the antibodies focusing on only Tsubaha, Kyouko herself used the chance to get into action, too. Noticing Suki's attempt at attacking the summoner, the one-eyed girl charged at the Kyuuari as well. Taking purposefully a less subtle, but nonetheless distanced-enough-from-the-antibodies, route to engage her. Maybe the clairvoyant's abilities were limited enough that playing living distraction would help.

I'm not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...

{Rolled: 2}
Ko, having finished off the other spirits, was racing to take care of the quickly closing crowd around Yuri. He managed to punch one, but it wasn't enough. He was ready to punch more, but his desperation made him clumsy. He was faltering and out of breath by the time he managed to get up to Yuri.

And then he was gone.

Kimiko had already started moving as he destroyed the Anti-body, moving closer and closer to the Green Menace. Whether or not she could actaully see the future, it didn't matter. Kimiko took advantage of the chaos created by Tsubaha turning against Yuri. In that moment, it would look like Kuuyari had won.

Kimiko stood next to Kuuyari, no Spirit out or anything. Having clearly unsummoned it, Kimiko just stood there with a smirk. "Yeah, watch. I'm a psychic too. You'll say, 'tch what a cheap move' right?"

"Then I'll say, 'you better think quick because I've got a Spirit up my sleeve and you're standing in the back ranks'."

"Then the others take advantage of your weakness and rush in. I mean, you really gotta pick which threat to deal with first, ya know?" Kimiko said, taking a step back. "Don't worry though. If you can really see the future, you know that I'm willing to run you over with my car, back up, and hit you again,"
Kimiko said. "But I can wait my turn. Scum like you get the justice you deserve eventually."

Kimiko smiled wickedly. Justice was going to be mete out.

The group would probably be happy this wasn't directed towards any of them. Yuri espcially knew this grin. The the face of the cat who had cornered the canary and didn't care how torn up it got before it ripped the mouse's throat out.

Te3slEw.png
Haruka Tatsumi - Yulia Verde
hATbktp.png

@Ehb

This isn't good, Tsubaha getting controlled by Kuu, and Haruka couldn't even help her. She glanced at Yulia and then she started to make her move...

Haruka moved forward first, flailing her steel chair around without even hitting any of the Antibodies, after making a bit of a distance, she set up the chair and points to Yulia. Yulia quickly dashed towards Haruka, her spear started to glow as she make her sprint. "Yulia! Do the thing!" Haruka called out as she held the chair steadily.

Yulia then used the chair as the stepping stone, swiftly disappearing into thin air... And all of a sudden, multiple Yulias showed up in the air with the spear pointing to Antibodies. Their spear pierced through the Antibodies' heads and swiftly eliminates them, and surely, the number of Antibodies decreases. Haruka glanced around, noticing that she might got herself in a pinch. "I did not think this through!" Haruka started to panic slightly... But at least she did something to clear the way, or so she thought.

Last edited:

YuriIcoB.jpg
Tsubaha-Ic-N.jpg

The second round of antibodies were relentless. Though several were cut down through various means by Yuri's party, some still managed to get through. Some were moving to purposefully towards Tsubaha that some attacks were not even doing much to stop the tide. Most frustrating was that if even a single one made it past... Tsubaha would fall completely under control.

Yuri wasn't going to allow that.
She put herself out in front of her distressed spirit. Not able to do much else in order to fight back.

Though her eyes were shut, she could feel the arrival of her friends, coming forth to help her protect Tsubaha. She felt a little uplifted by it.

The party coming around Kuuyari, however were not quite as friendly to her. Some in the party were attempting to go straight for her. Summoner Versus Summoner. Betting on the idea that Kuuyari herself was not very combat capable on her own.

At this moment, Kuuyari stares down the daggers of Kimiko Ono's eyes trained on her.

"Yeah, watch. I'm a psychic too. You'll say, 'tch what a cheap move' right? Then I'll say, 'you better think quick because I've got a Spirit up my sleeve and you're standing in the back ranks'."

Kimiko explained on.

"Then the others take advantage of your weakness and rush in. I mean, you really gotta pick which threat to deal with first, ya know? Don't worry though. If you can really see the future, you know that I'm willing to run you over with my car, back up, and hit you again, But I can wait my turn. Scum like you get the justice you deserve eventually."

"What a nice smile. In a certain time, I knew a whole lot of murderers and psychopaths. A really good impression no doubt, Ono Kimiko." Kuuyari brought her hand up to her chin inquisitively. "Watching you fumble your way towards me in this battle and being so confident is like seeing a mouse approach a spring trap. I already know what's going to happen, it's only a matter of when you let yourself into it."

"I am giddy with what happens next."
Kuuyari said gleefully. "Do you feel ready to see what'll happen when Sukimairu springs the trap, you walking garbage pile?"

Kuuyari was so confident.
Was she bluffing now, or were the summoners before Kuuyari already within the snare?

@Luma
Kuuyari's words reached Sukimairu... would she proceed to carry through, or heed what sounded like a blatant warning?

Despite attempts to stop them, some of the antibodies ultimately made it through.
Yuri was thrown aside like a ragdoll as a couple of the silhouettes charged past her, and into Tsubaha. She screamed, helplessly as the rolled. The silhouettes that made it through converged on Tsubaha and disappeared into her.

The swordstress' ominous glow grew brighter, as if the power that was coming over her was growing in intensity.
They were too late.

Tsubaha Attacked...

[Tsubaha attacks the Party! rolled a 6!]

But only swinging her arm weakly at Kyouko, whom attempted to use some of her power to help. However that power's affect did not help Tsubaha at this point. Too late.

Tsubaha may have been a sword-wielder, but without her blades, she wasn't much an inflictor of damage. Managing to maintain herself, and stopping herself from dealing any real damage to her friends. Tsubaha puts her hands over her face, agonizing over her struggle over herself.

Yes, her efforts of her friends weren't in complete vain. Feeling the presence of her party with her, Tsubaha struggles against the compelling force trying to sway her physical form to do its bidding.

"I don't understand... What's happening to me!? Ugh...!"
"Tsubaha! I won't lose you! We can fight it off!"
"I... I can't. Yuri. I don't want to turn into... this!"

The horrifying feelings that Tsubaha was experiencing that she could not express in that moment:
Whatever those spirits were had her entire body shelled, and were compelling her to move against her will. It was those very same invaders that seemed to be trying to infiltrate her own spiritual form. It was as if they were attempting to bond into her own spirit as well, a bond that would not go away just from being unsummoned by Yuri.

Tsubaha's pleas for help drove the situation to a frantic search to free her from Kuuyari's influence. It felt like the only way to do it... aside from destroying Tsubaha herself, was to obliterate Kuuyari whom had launched the spirits in the first place.

Objective: Free Yuri's Great Spirit!

Last edited:
I'm not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...'m not who I was when our world fell to ruin. I'm sorry...

@Ehb @Luma
Kimiko stepped forward. "You assume that I stop if I feel a little pain."

"And how do you know if I care? Maybe I'm just a predator too."
Kimiko kept smiling, then dropped it just as quick. "Just kidding."

Ko sprang to life just behind Kimiko, disoriented. The Summoner was a swirl of emotions and thoughts. Ko couldn't tell which was his and which was hers. The feeling was disorienting, but he'd already started the next steps towards Kuuyari.

"But, let's spring the trap. If you're so confident, then I don't mind laying on a landmine. Let's call our bluffs, Kuu-chan." Kimiko winked. "Yours? Or mine?"

"By the way, you're still bad at insults, Kuu-chan. If you're going to insult me, at least try harder. Wannabe Grinch."

[Roll: 56]

Ko was everywhere in a flash, split up. One clone attacked from the back as Ko attacked head on. The both were solid punches. Both were aimed at her stomach and lower back, clearly intended to disable as quick as possible.

Kimiko sighed.

"Well, Suki. Time to get this trap underway, I guess. If I had to guess, she probably can't dissipate the anti-whatevers. We knock her out we probably lose all info. Do what you want with this information."

Last edited:

YuriIcoB.jpg
Tsubaha-Ic-N.jpg

@Karyra
"Insults, Ono Kimiko? That is quite a generous assumption."

Even as Ko attacked with complete intent to strike Kuuyari remained peacefully standing in place - even as several assailants came after her.
As such. He lands a clean and direct hit on Kuuyari.

Instead of drawing blood however... a shatter.
The form of Kuuyari disappears in a fragile fleeting sort of death. Just like the other antibodies the rest of the party was fighting off.

"Go ahead and keep throwing insults at someone who isn't even really here, Kimiko Ono. Such a wasteful farce is a perfect use of your precious time."

Just like how one of the Antibodies had taken the form of Kiri just now, it turned out that the 'Kuuyari' that they had been conversing with was just another antibody as well!

This was just like Kuuyari. Just attempting to attack her directly was much too obvious.
But... then what was the trap?

Kimiko ono felt a slap across the side of her face from the side. A murderously inhonorable sneak attack.
The person who had slapped her was.... herself.

"Stop hitting yourself."

She said. The imitation seemed to be even able to mimic her voice. It was smiling ear to ear in an utterly punch-able imitation of her own facial expressions.
This 'Kimiko' also had one of the generic weapons that the other silouettes had. It raised it up in order to cut the real Kimiko in half.

With at least a single one of the clones having reached. Their tactics changed. They began to attack the other spirits and summoners in Yuri's party. Attempting to Support Tsubaha whom they had successfully turned.

[ Enemy Antibodies attack - Rolled a 55 ]

They barraged the party, again wildly swinging their weapons like maniac wind up toys. In some cases they managed to scuff or land glancing strikes against the spirits that were trying to defend Tsubaha originally.

"Tsubaha! Fight it! Stop!"

"D-...damn! I can't control myself...!"

"There's no fighting it!"
Tsubaha addressed her comrades. "Just strike me down before I become a threat!"
"Let's NOT let it come to that Tsubaha!"

Yuri looked to her nearby fellow summoners. It was time to coordinate a bit more. A couple of them had gone deeper to go after Kuuyari, apparently, but there were a couple still nearby who could give commands to their spirits.

"Everyone! We almost have all those 'antibodies' destroyed. I know it might be hard, but if somone can just... um - pin Tsubaha down then we can figure out how to free her after destroying the remaining Antibodies!"

Though unarmed, Tsubaha still had one last weapon. The aura that was controlling her was able to conjure Tsubaha's long mythic tech weapon on command. The large dai-blade was so long that she could not wield it properly like her shortswords. But for the purpouses of attacking... it was good enough!

[ Rogue Tsubaha Attacks... Rolled a 54 ]

Tsubaha, this time with weapon, delivers a more powerful attack than a weak attempt at a punch. Swinging her sword back, she slashes wide, sending a messy arc of flames charging fourth in it's wake. Some of Tsubaha's fellow spirits get pelted with these fiery embers.

[Special Actions - What are They?]

Special actions are posts in a battle where instead of using the post to attack with their spirit, they answer dilemma that cannot be solved with whacking away at it with their weapons!

Special actions can affect the difficulties of a battle, or might even be outright necessary to even the odds when they present themselves. While the GM will usually spell out the effects of a special action, sometimes things might be not as obvious.

Additionally, a spirit cannot attack the turn they perform a special action.

When performing a special action, be sure to @ the GM and plainly put[MYSPIRIT performs Special Action! NAMEOFSPECIALACTION] in the post you perform that action.

[Special Action - Pin Tsubaha Down]
A spirit in the party can - instead of attacking, be ordered follow Yuri's request to pin Tsubaha. Namely, wrapping themselves around her in order to disable her. This will make Tsubaha lose a turn in attacking when the GM posts. Meaning only the antibodies can inflict damage the next turn. The spirit that 'pins' Tsubaha cannot attack on the same turn they try to pin her down.

If the opposing party is not defeated while Tsubaha is 'pinned' by a party member, it will be treated that she is felled in battle - and oblitherated. If the opposing party is defeated in a turn where Tsubaha IS 'pinned' she will not be unintentionally obliterated.

Note that your summoner character will get shredded if they tried to pin Tsubaha down themselves.

Last edited: