Overture

Status
Not open for further replies.
(OOC: Sorry for not posting, I've been incredibly sick as of late.)

Naomi followed behind into the forest. She was unmistakably bored. The forest did not bother her and she did not fear the wild. In fact, the forest molded her. After her tribe had been slaughtered, all she had known was the forest. She breathed in deeply and took in all the scents and the sounds of the forest. Beneath her was the sound of a man sobbing. She was not familiar with tears. Tears were for the weak. After all, people wasted enough time mourning. It only wasted time that could be used doing something else.

She looked at the lady. Aw fuck. She desperately hoped that she wasn't like Karren. Naomi really didn't want to deal with another straight laced female. She didn't think she had the tolerance. It was bad enough she was having a hard time finding someone she could even remotely relate to on this trip. Naomi thought she would answer, but she didn't. She just didn't feel like it.

Rorian stopped his playing. A woman rode up to them. He raised an eyebrow. She was similar to Karren in some ways, but he just shrugged it off as some type of coincidence.

"This might be the very expedition you're looking for," Rorian answered, "Why? Are you here to join us?"

By this point in time, Rorian had resorted to sitting atop his horse like a normal human being with some common sense. He sighed. Were there any women that they'd meet that would be sweet and cute and NOT deadly for once? He weighed his chances and ultimately decided that it was probably close to zero. At this point he had finally noticed the sobbing was not coming from a woman, but from a man.

"It's never smart to cry in front of a woman. They'll just make it worse. What seems to be the problem? Afraid of a little forest?" Rorian asked.

• Thank You
Reactions: White
Kaida turned to the voice coming from the direction of a person that evaded her eye until now.

"No, I am in fact looking for one of your members. The girl that is named "Unarmored Lady". I have a... very interesting question to ask and require her answer"
She wondered if she should share more of her quest, but decided not to.
She unmounted her horse and stepped to the weeping man on the ground. She kneeled down infront of him and put a hand on his shoulder.

She briefly remembered her dead husband and his family and a weak and sad smile formed on her face.
"Both the victor
and the vanquished are
but drops of dew,
but bolts of lightning.
"

Isabel paused at Wolf's side. "Shhhhhhh... The moonlight is faint and the terrain is treacherous ..." the drunkard whispered, "Huuuuuuuuuu... We must advance in formation... we wait for the rest to make sure they all know the 'Midnight Crane'..."

Isabel had advanced in formation but once before, and it had not been the 'Midnight Crane.' Formations were for soldiers, and she was not a soldier.

The leader came up behind Isabel and Wolf, dismounted, and wept. Isabel was dumbfounded. Those who wept were either weak or incredibly devastated. Isabel saw no death or suffering around her, but she did not wish to believe their leader to be weak. Who was this Jonathan?

Without warning, a new figure raced up beside them. From her manner of dress, she looked to have raveled far, and she rode a slender black steed. "Excuse me, travelars. I was looking for an expedition that may have passed this forest. Maybe any of you have seen it and could direct me to them?"

The wild woman and the musician met up with those in the forest; the latter answered the stranger's question. Now that the party was regrouping, Isabel felt it was a good time to press on.

"No, I am in fact looking for one of your members. The girl that is named "Unarmored Lady". I have a... very interesting question to ask and require her answer," the unfamiliar woman responded to Rorian, and proceeded to quote poetry to their grief-stricken leader.

"The unarmored lady is one of us," Isabel admitted, "but I expect she is still behind us. I am sure she will be glad to speak in time." It was strange that this woman would travel so far to ask a simple question, but Isabel tried not to interfere in what did not concern her. The stranger did not seem hostile.

Isabel glanced down at Teran. "Sir," she said, "would you remount and lead us on?" She did not mean to be rude, but she saw little point in waiting for him to rise on his own.

Perseus found himself behind the pack, likely due to his pit stop to get himself some chain mail and put it beneath his clothing. The others seemed to have horses, but Perseus did not. He was a firm believer in walking, it made him feel healthier, even if that just meant he could drink more. As if to point out the irony, he reached for the flask at his waist and took a drink. This was the hardest he could find since it was a rather small flask by his standards, so he'd have to make the alcohol last. It was best to pick up the pace and run to try catching up to the others. Thankfully, being so slim, he was very well fit for long term running.

When he finally arrived, he tried to place names with faces, but since he'd not seen the majority of them before, this was futile. Instead all he saw was tough looking drunkard, he recognized his fellow drinkers. Still, he didn't seem overly friendly. Instead, the doctor spoke out to the whole crew, "Greetings, I'm Raymond Perseus, you can call me Perseus. I'll be the physician should you need me, and at the very least I can mix some mighty ale." Some of the faces were familiar, but he still wouldn't be able to link a name. "If you need me, let me know. I'm by no means a soldier, but I should be able to defend himself." He couldn't help being nervous, so he tried his best to cover it in a confident tone.

Reactions: Eternalfire61
The newcomer who strode in looked very much alike to the girl who strode off into the forest, with the barbarian trailing behind her in a more traditional style. She began asking about the other girl's whereabouts. In more mundane circumstances, Willie would have happily obliged with her request, but she was no ordinary woman. He could not safely say what she would do with her. He grabbed the leash of his unruly donkey and quickly followed up with the paladin-looking girl, who seemed to be explaining something to her.

"Now just a second here miss!, I'd like to know what you plan on doing with her when you reach her. I'm no fan of having our companions being captured nowadays. If'n you really need to, I suppose you could talk to Teran, our lea-"

He looked down at Teran who seemed to be weeping and on the ground. It only took him a second to add up the math.

"NOW HOLD ON A SECOND HERE!" He shouted loudly while raising his walking stick in an angry fist "You think you can start harrasing us ye hooligan, by the time I'm done with you you'll wish you hadn't done so you hear!...back in my day we...parents ought to teach yew more respect!-"

He began rambling on rather incessantly, with only snippets of phrases being audible between his gibbering until someone stopped him of course.

Reactions: AAB and White
Alex sat and watched as the group dispersed and how everyone was very much not a group but more of a...how you say solo act, some followed one and others but only out of pure curiosity. He sat there looking at the group slowly fading away, before he began a slow trot towards Isabel and teran. He rode calmly and melancholy, as he arrived next to teran who was sobbing he looked down on him his face bleak and his voice monotone and low " You are crying about the past, get over it and move on, or we all will move on without you and you can go cry to your king " Alexander was a different man on adventures and quest's, he turned cold, he thinks its a defense mechanism but he is not completely sure. Alexander rode past teran Isabel and Wolf, and just began trotting forward, the path was pretty straight forward. And he heard the occasional russle of animals in the forest but it didn't bother him, he was still vigilant and ready at any moment. He knew they would move on since, everyone was ready to take lead and move. His trot not fast like usual but at a pace were he was trying to get somewhere, if they were roaring to go he was now to.

• Love
Reactions: Eternalfire61
Kaida laughed warmly at the old mans words and stood up, facing him.

"I seek redemption and I need my little sister for it."
She then turned to Isabel to comment onto what she said.
"Unless your travel goes into the direction I come from, no white haired girl in sight."
Kaida made a asking facial expression.

One of the people from the entrance to the forest rode past them. He said something about the weeping man and just moved on.
She didn't listen to what he said. She didn't feel that it mattered.

She turned back to the weeping man and held her hand out towards him.
Her lips formed to a welcoming and comforting smile.
"Care for a little journey?"

Wolf stared in disgust at the scene in front of him. Unsurprisingly, Teran suddenly broke down and cried over the soul of the so-called Jonathan. The mercenary spat and growled, choking his throat in fury. All battles crumble eventually...

Rage building up, Wolf prudently capped it off and pushed it into his sub-conscience. Remaining silent and grim, the veteran knew that it would be pointless to try arguing or swaying these people with mere logic. None of them where true soldiers. There was no unity at all in their group.

Suddenly and with little warning, a woman appeared from seemingly thin air. Fear rippled down his spine. Wolf had the strangest sensation ever at that exact moment; he felt that on the day of his birth, he already knew he would meet this exact stranger in the forest. This whole entire situation is set up!!! I feel like a damn puppet!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!! Paranoia reeled in his mind. His eyes bulged in terror, betraying his usually grim poker face.

Watching silently as the woman tried to slyly niche herself into the party. Alexander continued into the forest without as much as a second thought. Wolf could feel the accepting energy around himself, but something was terribly wrong with this woman.

As Kaida extended a hand to Teran, Wolf barked in a grim, yet passionate voice, "Halt! I call contest to all your claims!" Squeezing his knees and drawing the reins, Wolf brought to point of his spear a yard away from Kaida's face, "This forest is enchanted and haunted... How do we know that ye not be a demon or sprite... Best listen, my companions, for I have seen many a sprite trick fools into demise... does ye take me for a fool stranger?"

Wolf's face was nightmarish. Sheets of sweat poured over his face. His red eyes bulged vividly in the cold moonlight. Clenching his jaws, he leaked spittle onto his beard while growling.

The veteran's mind reeled into temporary insanity.

Reactions: AAB
Kaida turned towards the familiar looking man. The spear directed at her face.

She grinned.
"I am Ouchi Kaida, direct daughter and heir to the ouchi heritage."
In her the words she says. a flirtatious tone can be heart. She clearly enjoys the challenge.

Kaida stepped three steps back and drew her Katana, "Ouchi", the evidence to her claim. Everybody who understands eastern smithing style would recognize the truth in her words. Into the base of the blade, very fine and detailed carvings are seen, the carvings of a peach blossom tree.. The Base of the blade is coloured redish, slightly pinkish, representing the colour of those trees.

Kaida pointed the tip of her blade towards Wolf.
"And who are you that wishes to challenge the east and bring war to the west?"
Kaida lips formed to a smile, a flirtatious smile.

She was not trying to seduce him, but this challenge... the memories of killing her husbands family.... this whole situation.... it aroused her...

Naomi kept her mouth shut. She wasn't about to waste anymore time with rhetoric. She steered her horse away from the group and went into the forest alone. She smelled prey to the north and to the east. She was hungry and tired of talk. What she wanted to do was kill something. Naomi leaped down from her horse and on to the ground. Tracks. Deer maybe. She smelled the air. Injured deer. Naomi licked her lips and she walked deeper and deeper into the forest. The forest had been her sanctuary ever since her tribe had been slaughtered. She cared not for the group at this point having had enough interruptions. She would complete the expedition with or without their help. She had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Rorian looked awkwardly from Wolf to Kaida, "You know, I'm just gonna let you handle that. I on the other hand, want to get this done as soon as possible. I have other things to be doing."

Rorian followed Naomi into the deep forest. For a barbarian, she had the right idea with trying to get things moving. Besides, Kaida was off in more ways than he could verbalize, "Naomi wait up! I'm coming to! These people are slow!"

Rorian stopped when he realized that Naomi had gotten of her horse. He followed suit, "What are you doing? It's dangerous out here!"

"Hush!" Naomi snapped. She looked to the north and then she saw the deer. It was limping and barely able to walk.

Naomi drew her bow, strung it and released. It was a clean kill, right into the heart. It died instantly. She walked up to it and then hoisted it over her shoulder.

"I haven't eaten since I got here," Naomi said quietly and whilst she waited, Naomi started a fire and began to cook the deer.

garrett___thief_by_yibingling-d6ny4wn_zps5c7ad4d0.jpg

While the rest of the group had sped off ahead, Umbra stayed behind and watched silently. It was time to complete his ritual, and he needed privacy to do so. He placed the other two daggers that were in his hands back in their sheaths. His hand then moved to his mouth, grabbing the third blade from its temporary hold before before raising it above his arm. The blade came down quickly, leaving a deep gash upon it. Blood oozed from the wound. The ritual was almost complete. His mouth quickly came down to the cut before pulling down his mask to lap up the blood with his tongue. The last blade was sheathed, and the horse dismounted. A slight moan came from him as he pressed his hand against the wound.

"It is done... my moment of pleasure... over."

It was time for Umbra to do his part for the group. The thief slapped the buttocks of the horse. sending it on its wild way through the forest, probably never to return. A shrug came from the shrouded figure.

"I didn't like the beast anyways..."

As if he were a squirrel, Umbra quickly climbed up a tree. Being on foot and having a few moments of seclusion was good for him. He peered around, seeing if anything was out of the ordinary - anything besides him. For the most part, the general area around him held nothing of interest. It was time to continue onward and closer to the group. A cracking sound was heard as he jumped from one branch to another and another. As he arrived at the tree above Naomi and Rorian he looked down at the two. A murmur left his mouth, a message to himself.

"It would be quite fun to leap from here and scare them, but it is ti-"

His eyes widened as a flurry of dim lights appeared farther ahead. Umbra squinted his eyes in the darkness and pinched his cheek before seeing that it was reality. Sounds of loud laughter could be heard by the whole party and a chant as well. One thing about the chant stuck out to him, one word that would signal them to all take caution.

"... Rorian and Naomi, get into hiding positions!"

Umbra bounded up farther through the trees, throwing a flurry of acorns down at the rest of the members. Once they looked up, he would signal for them to hide in bushes, away from enemy sight.

The first battle was nearing.

forest_warrior_by_sobaku_chiuchiu_zpsf7dbec3f.jpg

"Will you shut up with that laughter? What is so funny about a scouting mission? We're just checking up a little bit farther ahead to see if anything is around."

A soldier gestured to the bottom of Captain Priv, and another tried to stifle a giggle but it was futile. A bout of laughter came about the soldiers before Priv looked back with a grim expression.

"The next one who laughs... DIES."

The Gehennian soldiers did not know that they would be nearing another group in the forest.

The outcome of both parties was unknown.​

Teran looked at the body below him, it had only bee two months since he had died. "Jonathan." With quivering hands he picked up the decayed body of Jonathan O'Daniel. "May the hands of the God's take your soul with theirs." Teran held the body close to him before he set it down and stood up. "I apologize, I have been hiding something from you. The last party that went to Dulemar did die, but- Teran shifted for a moment and then unsheathed his sword. "Everyone weapons out." In a swift move he jumped behind a tree and began to look around. "Where is Umbra?!" Teran had ears of a wise old man, he could hear them, the steps of the warriors. What ever was coming for them, wasn't bringing good tidings.

Karren has been sneaking through the forest..... Aegis beeing her watchful eye.
She stumbled upon bushes and trees with beautiful flowers, from one tree to another, allways covered....

She heard Laughter....
Caution build in her and she stopped moving. The Laughter was a good distance away.

Aegis did not move onward towards the laughter, but instead sat still on a trees branch, looking into the direction the laughter comes from. Karren moved towards the tree, sat onto her butt and leaned her back towards the tree.
She closes her eyes and listens... to any sound. The wind in the trees, the owls making their nighttime noise....
Karren was scouting... for steps. Any movement.
It is unlikely that they would come to where she is taking her small rest.

Karren feels her emotions slowly build up and filling with the adrenalin of battle. "The calm before the storm", she thought.

She is waiting... for Aegis to determ their movement and for when it is safe to attack.
"Merchants and Peasants dont travel this late normally, therefor it must be an enemy..."

The lady's katana had drawn his eyes, though foreign and unfamiliar, it had an elegant and regal feel to it in his perspective. He had no desire to steal it, but simply to observe. For the short time it had been drawn Willie peered over every little cranny the weapon held and rose an eyebrow in interest. However, more pressing matters such as the man named Teran who broke down who required assistance. As he turned around, Teran had seemed disturbed. Upon closer observation, he noticed a body beneath him that he cradled like a fragile child.

"Oh my.." Before he could comment, the words were quickly dashed away as he prompted people to draw weapons.

"What? Whats goin on here?" Willie was startled by the sudden outburst before gathering his wits "Trouble you say?"

He quickly delved into one of his pouches and produced a coil of green fibrous rope that resembled a thorny vine, though strongly woven together, and a waterskin.

Being much further ahead than everyone he didn't get the notice of enemies coming their way, He just continued riding until he noticed torches and heard laughing he squinted his eyes but it was to late to run and hide. He had come straight into plain view of the men who had just been yelled at, Alexander sighed a bit to himself. And climbed off his horse slowly, before his armored boots hit the ground heavily, His greatsword swaying into position on his back as he rolled his shoulders. He grappled his horses reigns and tied them to a branch, before standing directly in the road by himself. Still staring at the incoming threat who by now had seen him. The smell of battle riddled into his nose, he knew that people were not going to be out this late traveling, so they had to be warriors or scouters. His hands placed on the two daggers on his hips, he knew what was coming and either his group had seen them and had hid or had turned their backs, tucked their tails and ran.

So the doctor was not a soldier. Isabel thought she would try to keep an eye on him, just in case his defensive ability was out of practice. She raised an eyebrow at Willie's sputterings. The old man who had been tagging along with the supplies seemed to think his age gave him authority, but it was probably best to ignore him for now. When Kaida mentioned that the white-haired girl was not behind them, Isabel became uneasy. What could have happened to Karren? Isabel was about to suggest she search the area when Wolf had another outburst.

As Wolf drew his sword, Isabel's hand flew to her own. But could she draw it? Who would she be protecting? The madman who was under her protection, or the stranger who seemed to be doing no harm? As Kaida drew her own sword to meet Wolf's threat, Naomi and Rorian ran off into the woods. Consternation filled Isabel as she realized their group was falling apart almost as soon as it had come together. The leader was weak, the white-haired girl was missing, the barbarian and the boy had scattered, and the drunkard was picking fights with strangers.

Isabel glanced about to see what else was amiss, and noted that Umbra was also gone. Isabel hoped he had gone to collect the others, but felt that was unlikely. As Isabel had noticed the rogue's absence, so had Teran, who had recovered and now called those remaining to arms. Isabel drew her sword, then spoke urgently to Wolf. "Cease your threats," she said, "the woman would not be trying to kill us were you not trying to kill her. There may be a greater enemy."

Wolf really couldn't make sense of the situation. His mind was too focused on Ouchi Kaida, the woman before him. Tunnel vision set in on Kaida as he tried to decide what to do. Throwing his spear and shield to the floor, it was as if his body was acting without his mind. Instinct perhaps?

Swinging over the saddle, the crazed veteran landed on the hard packed earth of the road. He flung his helmet off. His face seemed bewitched in the moonlight, for he could not take his eyes off Kaida. Members of his group passed him up into the forest, but Wolf didn't care. The paladin tried to halt him, but her voice drowned out with mad thoughts.

"HUUUUUUUUHHH~" Wolf growled and spat, "I am an unbeliever of your claim... of Ouchi clanhood.... I suggest you get ready to clash steel, for then and only then will I know if you are for real or not...."

Drawing his long sword, the veteran lined up fifteen yards away from Kaida, assuming his sword stance. He held the long-sword over his head, tip pointed straight up. Bent at the knees and squared up to Kaida, showing no signs of his opening attack.

The strange eyes of temporary insanity stared at the woman, "This isn't personal... You are not really Ouchi unless I sing blades with you to know if your real or not! Are you real?"

Now even Wolf couldn't understand his own words. Suddenly, he broke out laughing wandering why the hell they even signed him up for this mission, "I love this shit --HAHA" pure joy came to his face as he got ready to strike...

Everybody went nuts about some laughter heard in the distance.
She didnt quite grasp why this group of people would ready themself to fight, she didnt care much either. It is none of her business and her current.... "situation" is of much more interest. She kept her Steel pointed towards Wolf

She smiled erotically at this challengers rude behavior.
"Not giving me his name huh, how rude... haha"

This man threw his helmet away.... his face felt familiar to her... then something in her vision broke... the moon turned red, the trees started to have a face with an evil and malicious grin, all staring at her.... the other people around her, ghosts.... and this man... no her husband.... blood.... . The erotic smile changed to a wide grin with wide open eyes, her pupils opened wide and in her eyes.... the thirst for blood....
"Kill!!" The ghosts yelled and yelled and yelled without end.
Kaida was gone. For the moment.

In a whole, her face appeared to be the one of a demon.
Her training kicked in, she straightened her back and now held "Ouchi" with both hands right infront of her.
Her eyes entirely focused on her "husband".

"I WILL KILL YOU AKUHEI!!! OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!", the mad "demon" yelled madly, fanatically, and charged towards Wolf with a left sided slash in motion.
There was no stopping her....... she has to kill....

"Kill... kill... die..... death...", she spoke fanatically, her eyes shining with the idea of blood... the blood of those that she could not forgive.

Last edited:
Thus the insane fighting began between Kaida and Wolf.

The woman popped things off by throwing a side-slash towards the veteran's right torso. Standing square to his opponent and with sword over-head, Wolf had no choice but to readjust his footwork and parry the strike. Attempting any other move would be too dangerous. Stepping back with his right foot, he opened his hips away from her. At the same time, he also brought his longsword down from over-head aimed right at the hilt of her weapon.

Kaida was quick though.

Wolf's parry missed her hilt and instead scrapped along the edge of her blade. Sparks flew, lighting up both their faces red for a single moment. Pivoting on his right foot, the veteran brought his left foot 180 degrees back, opening his hips the opposite way this time. Using the natural motion of his attack, he brought the hilt of his weapon to his left hip, blade pointed right at her face.

Reactions: AAB and White
(this is going to be difficult, glad I have a good guide on the net to read)
(I definetly suck at this)
(meeeh... screw it)
(*writes what comes to mind and hopes it is acceptable*

Kaida gracefully "danced" her blade around, in her eyes still the madnes.... the ghosts "kill... kill... KILLL" she made sure her footing is good and moved one of her feet a bit back, then simply slashed out another time... again and again and again... madness in her eyes, some of her training lost in it.

Wolfs experience though made it not too difficult for him to either parry or avoid the mad slashing...

Time passes quickly for her, in her head "Kill... KILL... KILLL...." the feeling... the arousal... it all feels too good to her...

Status
Not open for further replies.