Overture - Open to New Players!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add this, but for the PVP I am talking about it would be necessary to be non-lethal for the first arc in order for my concept to work out.

I also agree with what he is saying, but sadly making friends isn't really the point right now.

Here is the deal:

You all are a group of mercenaries sent out to do a job for Lord Biltmore, who was ordered by King Harlaw, to scout of Dulemar. Your characters are here for fame, gold, and possibly to get some favor from the king. I understand that you want to have time to actually have real connections with characters, but that isn't going to happen just yet. Especially since we are still in the middle of a battle. I absolutely agree with what Wordsmith is saying, but right now we need to get this roleplay back on the tracks. There are ways you can make your characters noticed, and those times will come.

I forgot to add this, but for the PVP I am talking about it would be necessary to be non-lethal for the first arc in order for my concept to work out.

I agree with eternalfire here. Mostly because my mockbattle writing is absolutely terrible.
And I dont want to see my character dying anytime soon.
I have been warned that we are going to face intruigues at some point, too.
(Not sure if the intruigues would be AGOT-like which would be a whole pain in the ass)

With now having only people that actually post within 3 days we should be able to progress properly and fairly quick.

For now I would say we should progress the combat and continue on to Dulemar.

@Quiet Musician I wouldnt say your characters are uninteresting, there just has not been a proper oppurtunity yet. I remember you mentioning you were at hospital and later that you had some other stuff to take care off.
I believe that that is what made you fall off slightly. And yes I always love the reaction Rorian has when one of the women go nuts and starts stabbing people. I for my part was going to have interasction towards them when the oppurtunity arises. Just mind that I need to do this from within IC which means it needs (for me) to be valid. Karren has, as she is, no actual reason to interact with anybody. Kaida is social and as such will interact with the others.
All in one, Karren went off away, and within my head, is on the other side of the forest (if we create a line going through the center of our group and the enemies group) than your character are. kaida just arrived and already got into trouble with a wolf. So neither of them thinks about food right now :p

In my head I just pictured dulemar having been burned down and we receiving the order to build a fort there, getting send a dozen of people to help the construction(whereby in this Karren and Kaida would be useless at building) xD
But that is just in my head, I do not know what will happen.

@Wordsmith Karren is going to learn it.

that engrish -_-"

Eternal, what do you agree with specifically from what I said? You just repeated the hook of the RP and keep saying we need to get the rp on tracks.... like whjat are you tripping about if your not trying to change anything ???? @_@

you are the DM, post it up then bro
I also agree with what he is saying, but sadly making friends isn't really the point right now.

Here is the deal:

You all are a group of mercenaries sent out to do a job for Lord Biltmore, who was ordered by King Harlaw, to scout of Dulemar. Your characters are here for fame, gold, and possibly to get some favor from the king. I understand that you want to have time to actually have real connections with characters, but that isn't going to happen just yet. Especially since we are still in the middle of a battle. I absolutely agree with what Wordsmith is saying, but right now we need to get this roleplay back on the tracks. There are ways you can make your characters noticed, and those times will come.

@Wordsmith As you are the local expert on combat roleplay, I would like to know your critique of mine.

I didn't intend to be an asshole, but looks like I might have been a little rude this morning. sorry bro :(

You know what I think the solution is now... kill the fight scene + arrive in dulemar all in one post eternal. Then we can jump right into all the good stuff and not have to worry about introductory fluff... in other words: f**k the bullshit, lets play! :P

@AAB Sure once I get home

@Wordsmith your post was very detailed and had plenty good things to say. If you want me to give a whole list of goods and bads we can get to that later. Otherwise, I think we should move along since everyone is somewhat on track. This battle sequence is almost over so we can most likely move everything along.

Now the question is, who is still in?

Anyone going to leave?

Me? no.

Pretty sure neither @AAB nor @Wordsmith would leave.

I dont know how it is with @Quiet Musician unfortunately though.

Reactions: AAB
I assume the Co-GM won't leave. Squee is already gone. That leaves @Tanstin.

Hey, this has a dice-throwing option! Now I want to use that.

I know right. I kind of want to try the dice throwing option.

done it, if you are curious to see it.

it is buggy btw, it says "max is 100" but you cant actually throw a 100 side dice.

Shit, my alerts was on the fritz, somehow I missed 2 pages worth of OOC, regardless I'll stay, and I would enjoy a quicker change of pace. I only managed to skim over the text to catch up, but heres how I see it. The RP is going slowly because everyone is pulling in different directions. I'd prefer it if we stuck with the GMs more and their story.

Again, sorry if I missed anything people have said

I want to throw a hundred sided di. That would be awesome. Nat 100 auto kill for sure.

sorry everyone, I had an excellent time however I am no longer going to be playing in this game. I honestly appreciate all the time you put into posts for this game. I apologize if I screwed up the plot somehow with my characters actions. This RP has some potential, but yall need to find the right mix of people! :) :)

Thank you for your time people, hope to see you in other games :) love, respect, and positive vibrations sent all your way... on some real shit.

sorry everyone, I had an excellent time however I am no longer going to be playing in this game. I honestly appreciate all the time you put into posts for this game. I apologize if I screwed up the plot somehow with my characters actions. This RP has some potential, but yall need to find the right mix of people! :) :)

Thank you for your time people, hope to see you in other games :) love, respect, and positive vibrations sent all your way... on some real shit.
What?! What?! No, you can't leave! Not an option! What's your excuse? And where's my critique?

If he wants to leave he may, but I need to know if there are any more people going.

Otherwise, there will be a post tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.