Outgrowing Interest/Hobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to set time aside for reading again. I've been finding it hard to get into books like I used to, and at my peak I would read 400 page novels in a single night. Now if I make it 20 pages, I'm am doing okay.

I might just need to go for some lighter reads for a little while to see if that helps. Reading massive tomes with small fonts murders me.

Reactions: Darog
42399_md-Fire%20Warriors,%20T'au%20Sept,%20Tau,%20Tau%20Army,%20Warhammer%2040,000.jpg

One day my friends....

One day we shall fight for the Greater Good again!

For the Greater Good.

On-Topic: I used to play loads of multiplayer games. Enjoyed quite a bit of League of Legends for a while. Then I took a social life to the knee and decided time spent with friends, family, and my girlfriend, far outweighed anything that big multiplayer games could give me. I still play video games, but I've got like, 180 titles on Steam, and I've only beaten maybe a quarter of those. I've got plenty to grind through before I could possibly get bored.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Took up cross-stitch and latch-hook for awhile but I haven't touched either in years. I busied my hands with art and writing haha.

i cycle through things

i'll go on a binge with anime, then starcraft, then gaming, then tabletop rpgs, then comic books, then star wars, then other stuff, and right back around

currenlty on a star wars binge

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I'm starting to drop out of League... like I used to play it religiously. But now I only play when certain events are on like URF or when I know my friends will be on.

I used to play um... DoTA when I was around 14 or 15. I was never any good at it but I liked it? Yeah, it was also because my brother nagged me to play it with him, but well.

And I was obsessed and a control freak with Sims 2 when I was 10 or 11. LOL. I enjoyed playing around with those Sims' lives so much.

What else?

Hm, I used to write poetry when I was around Grade 6 but I haven't picked it up any more. I also did try getting into guitar when I was Grade 5, but my parents made me stop because I hurt my fingers too much. lol.

And um. I was a fanfiction writer when I was 13 or 14.

-I used to read comic books a lot. I can't even remember the last time I've read a comic book now.
-I used to play tons of fighting games and was fairly good at them. I haven't played one seriously since Soul Calibur IV.
-I used to play multiplayer games in general a lot more, but besides TF2 (which I'm getting bored of), I mostly stick to single-player games. I've been tempted to get back into UT with the pre-alpha for the new game, but relearning how to be good at an arena shooter after so long is intimidating. Similarly, Overwatch looks like it'll be fun, but I'll likely get sick of being stuck between curbstomping my opponents or getting wrecked because my team sucks, like TF2.
-I also used to be way more into manga/anime, now I only follow about 1 show at a time, the current favorite being Onepunch-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.