Outer Reaches of Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
She waited, waited until Feng had acknowledged her before even considering regarding the seemingly oblivious giant before and to her left. Once she was spoken to, a coy grin crawled across her face as her amusement gave way. She was going to enjoy this.

"Mr. Feng, as your former employer, I would offer you this small bit of advice pertaining to the Xserasdan before you: instill a sense of awareness or beat in a sense of civility. After all, you wouldn't want to catch the brunt of whatever upset being may come your way if he so callously bumps into someone and causes damage to their electronics."

She would say, her tone crisp and clear, as she slowly looked up to the tall being.

"I came to chide you for knocking my datapad out of my hand in the most demeaning way possible as to, hopefully, spark a new train of thought when it comes to spatial awareness." She'd explain in the same tone before extending her right hand out.

"But, thankfully for all present, I do not care for the paltriness of the cost of a datapad. I am Captain Maya Onasi, founder of Belarus Enterprises. If you do not know my name, you soon will." She'd finish with, looking towards the A.I. that had appeared with the being...almost as if she were expecting it to fill in the being with the information prompted.

Mitra held back a grin that threatened when the captain agreed to going over it later. It was a good sign he figured, if the captain was willing to talk about it when he had the time to concentrate on it. At least he'd be thinking about it… and if it really didn't work out the fox figured he could get off at the next station. Hopefully.

The anthromal nodded quickly and moved out of the way of the Xserasdan and his AI. He hoped this man would get on the ship, he'd love to talk with an AI. His ears twitched a little as he heard the cyborg's statement of who she was. His snout went down in a frown of annoyance.

She sounded like one of his own people. Mitra bit back a growl as he heard the name. He was well aware of who the cyborg was now. He moved further away, not wanting to get involved in that at all. He'd likely say the wrong thing. What was the founder of Belarus Enterprises doing in such a shady space station? He wondered briefly. But he put it out of his mind. He needed to get his star maps from the apartment before anything. He was ready to be off this station.

He slipped quickly out of the bar with a sigh of relief. Crowds always heightened his headache. He rubbed his forehead between his eyes and leaned against the wall outside of the bar trying to get rid of it completely.

Kerinda'o listened to the cyborg woman for a moment as she spoke to the reptilian, known as Feng, and the fact that she was his former employer, had surprised the Xserasdan to an amount. As soon as it came to the idea of speaking about Kerinda'o though, even though she was talking to Feng, that was not really good on his part. The giant felt a twinge of anger when she spoke about him as if he cared for no one, when that wasn't wholly true. He remained quiet though, waiting to see how long she would drag this out. Rinai'o however was loving this drama, it suited her for some odd reason.

Then Maya had mentioned when Kerinda'o had knocked the datapad out of her hands he was confused. He let her finish speaking though, as she stated her name and who she was entirely. As she finished he turned towards her completely and made an apologetic gesture, "I do not remember knocking down your datapad, but it is my humble apologies." Rinai'o floated in the air, in one place somewhat shocked at her friend, as he hardly ever does that to anyone...unless if they have a vast amount of money and power.

Feng glared at Maya the entire time she spoke and then cringed when she announced herself as his former employer, completely undermining him. After she had said her piece Feng was silent for a moment before mustering up the only reply he could think of. "Thaaankssssss..." heavily focusing on the 's' sound, hissing them loudy. "Just-fucking just let me get this over with before this place get's destroyed, I'd like to have some semblance of a crew and most of my limbs before I leave." Feng said quickly cocking his head slightly as he spoke.

"Anyway! Who's next? You-Human girl, come here, yes-now-please-hurry!" Feng said quickly while motioning to the seemingly normal human female who had shown up momentarily before this all had happened.

Maya couldn't help but smirk at Feng's annoyance as it really did tickle her pink inside, but she remained focuses on the tall being before her. As he apologized, she would nod her head and let her hand fall to her side, what with human customs and all that; the apology was as much of a handshake as anything.

"Apology accepted. Now, presuming I can coerce Mr. Feng here into letting me on his ship...it might be prudent for me to learn you and your A.I.'s name; and as such: may I ask for your name, Xserasdan et al?" She'd inquire of him with a much more relaxed tone than she was speaking in prior; albeit, her natural edginess still carried through to some degree in the way of a hard undertone.

Zakran stood by and watched as the others talked. He didn't like the look of the rest of the applicants. What bussiness did a rich CEO have with a merc like Feng? What was with the alien and the A.I? Still, he needed a way off his station and this was his best bet. No matter how shoddy the crew looked.

He stepped in with his two cents on the matter. "This recruitment is getting unorganized. Please form a single file line and wait your turn to speak." He made himself sound dumb like a common service droid. He hoped it would cause the others to underestimate him if an argument broke out.

Kerinda'o nodded to the cyborg woman as she continued speaking to him. The idea that she wanted to know his and Rinda'o's names was a good thing, as maybe he could possibly get in good with her by any chance. "Indeed Mishal (Ma'am). My name is Kerinda'o Shaomahl. My A.I. friend here is known as Rinai'o, and she can probably be of any better service than that of me. I did knock over an electronic device of yours as you did say" Kerinda'o stated.

"My my, Big, look what we have here, the founder of Belarus Enterprises, multi billion and more wealthy captain, and one of an extremely great history at that. I have to say Captain, it is most definitely nice to meet you. Sorry about lunkhead over here, even with his suit he can be clumsy at times" Rinai'o greeted as she floated in the air. Then she heard the sentient robot tell them to make a single file line, and disregarded him completely. "It seems even here out in open space, I get treated with less respect than a a 5 Star Cmoin Pilot back home Kerinda'o. Why can we not just take a load off of criminal hunting and get into one of those nice Space Station hotels with the amazing beds and the awesome looking designs, and ooh even the hardware that i can hack into every now and then to screw with them" Rinai'o complained, battle and crime hunting was all she did and it was definitely getting boring.

But Kerinda'o replied simply, "Because then we would become a problem." Rinai'o jumped up and down from her floated position, "Oh, but come on, they wont even know it." Kerinda'o simply stated "No, you are acting like a child."

Maya merely smirked at the two's banter, idly wondering if such pairings were common in their society but brushed the thought from her mind for the moment. Instead, she would dip her head slightly before righting her gaze to look at the two, also ignoring the other bot.

"Now now, while it is a pleasure to meet the two of you, barring the momentary incident; you mustn't disregard the other captains as each has their own merit. Now, I have an ego so I can only summarize that you were referring to the fiscal relationship between myself and Mr. Feng...but as I just said a moment prior, he has his merit." She'd state as she flashed her gaze to the man for a moment before looking back to the two.

"In fact, there has been more than one occasion where Mr. Feng has been a great asset to myself and the crew of the Belarus. That is actually one of the reasons I am here." She'd finish with as she turned to look towards the Slalin once more but took one step back and one to the left to clear a path to the table.

Kerinda'o rolled his four eyes behind the clear glass of his helmet from his A.I., as she was driving him to annoyance. "Besides Rinai'o if we wait for a moment as others get applied and accepted or denied, then we might be able to get a spot on this captain's ship" Kerinda'o told her, pointing out Feng in the process. He then began to look forward to meeting Feng as remained quiet. "Fine fine, Big, but if we don't get accepted I blame you" Rina'o commented.

As they stood there, in silence for a moment they listened to the bar music that played in the background, it sounded quite nice to Kerinda'o, as it had a bit of a jazz like tune to it, mixed with a metal drum instrument from his home. Then the next thing he new was a random alien had tried to take off with his credit device locked onto his shoulder. As the alien struggled to get it loose, Kerinda'o placed a strong hand on their skinny little arms. "That's a no." The alien was then slammed into the floor and tied with an extreme magnet rope from Kerinda'o's pouch belt. The Xserasdan continued standing.

Feng grumbled to himself at all the commotion going on, Maya doing as she pleased, as per usual. The recently hired Android directing foot traffic. And an applicant nowhere to be seen.

"Alright! She ain't here so I'm gonna need the next person, come on over big guy, whatever Maya is saying to you it's probably a lie." Feng said while continuing his glare. "What position are you applying for? Also what:s the deal with the A.I.?"

Kerinda'o had noticed the human girl had disappeared for a short moment in time, from what Feng was saying. Then he heard him being called over, along with Rinai'o. The Xserasdan had stepped forward and stated, "My name is Kerinda'o Shaomahl, and I would like to apply for the role of: Assassin, the role meant to take out enemies from behind the scenes. My A.I. here has been with me to help with my suit and other operating systems in my c.b.netics and legs."

Rinai'o scoffed, "I'm here for more than just that Kerinda'o. I would like to apply as second in command and tech assistant to Kerinda'o if you would not mind Mr. Feng. To be honest I would like both positions because I can help on the battlefield and in a ship. But with the technology of Fr. (Fr/Fremen=Mister/Mr.)Shaomahl's suit, encompassing CyberBionetics, he has to have a constant watch and technological assistance to run them as well as supervision of his vitals. If his vitals are not in check when certain circumstances occur, then he could kill himself, and then I would have lost a dear friend. Being that I also want to be second in command is that I have military experience in the Xserasdan Intergalactic Guard in taking down war criminals, stopping wars before they happen, and even taking down the most wanted criminals around the galaxy." Rinai'o was gloating somewhat as if she was better than the rest, and hadn't noticed it whatsoever. Kerinda'o only stared at his friend as if she had a glitch going on or something.

Feng nodded his head as the large alien spoke. "Alright that sounds great and all, I'm going to assume you've got some sort of cloaking cybernetic or something, you aren't my definition of uh...stealth." Feng said eyeing him up and down, before he could say anything more the A.I decides to speak up.

She sounded qualified, and from the previous conversation she had with Maya, who seemed pleased by the A.I, and the fact that she seemed to be permanently part of the Alien, he just nodded in approval. "Sounds good, we'll uh, go over logistics and whatnot later." Feng stopped briefly to send another message to the dock worker allowing Kerinda'o and Maya aboard. He knew he needes Maya's help, much to his chargin, but decided it best to wait to let her know.

Kerinda'o nodded, "Understood, I'll be standing by." Kerinda'o walked over towards the bar area, looking to see what they had to drink, maybe he could get something. Though he left the alien that tried to take his credit machine, he didn't care about the flimsy one. "I'll take a Black Hole Lager" Kerinda'o ordered from the barkeep, and was immediately handed the drink he ordered.

Rinai'o saluted to Feng, and then followed Kerinda'o over to the bar, "Getting hammered already I see. How are you going to drink the damn beer if you have your helmet on?" Kerinda'o rolled his four eyes and unlocked the mechanism around his neck, taking off his hood like helmet and letting it lie on his shoulders. His face was somewhat reptilian, of course as his mandibles were not out and open, just his basic jaw. Kerinda'o sipped on the open beer, staring at Rinai'o the entire time.

Maya kept her smug look all the while that Feng glared at her. His upset truly was amusing. And his remark about everything she was saying was a lie was even more amusing considering she had complimented him. Idly, while she spoke to the tall being and his A.I., he looked around the bar once more before casually moving away from the table and settling near the door in which Feng would be forced to go through if he wished to leave. After all, she still needed to talk to him.

As she moved towards the doorway, she calmly adjusted her hold on the precision rifle she carried and began to play with the releases and inspect the firearm. He would come to her this time. Just like old time sake.

Kerinda'o had finished off his beer and thrown the glass bottle in a mini incinerator nearby. Placing his hood like helmet back over his head and latching it, the helmet went back to it's original shape. Augmented Reality holograms had popped up, meaning they were only for Kerinda'o's vision. They were some navigation tools and a hud for him to notify him of his support systems. They all seemed fine to him. Rinai'o had followed after him, "I'm guessing we are now going to Fengs ship right?"

"Wrong, I have to get the rest of my weapons and items from my craft in the docking bay and then after that notify the crew at the other dock of Feng's ship to be able to take my stuff aboard or vice versa" Kerinda'o explained to the A.I. "Why not try vice versa then, that way they don't think you are about to rob the ship" she retorted.

Looking over to Rinai'o, he was annoyed again, "I do have cases for my things you know. Especially my knives and blades." He kept walking towards the docking bay he had went into previously, and notified security of his objectives. Security understood and let him grab his things off the ship to take with him. "I'm coming back for that craft," he told the security guards.

Dani decided she was tired of waiting. She was a rather busy lady, and if she couldn't get a job here than there were other places she should be heading. Besides, she never enjoyed bars, with her implants making alcohol something of a no-no. Propriety be damned, she had work to do! Three androids, a battlesuit and a starship freighter's left thruster were waiting for her back at the office, things that she'd only be able to get out of working on by getting off-world. There were other benefits too, other things, other people, on this hunk of rock that she'd much rather leave behind.

"Alright, you in the hat, you're the captain, right?" she said, putting both hands on the table dramatically, "You're doing something, but I've got about fifteen more minutes before I've got to get back to work repairing class-seven technology for a high-end tech firm, and I'd much rather head off into space than off to work. I can fix anything that's been made within the last thousand years with a roll of duct tape, my hair-pins and a small stock of toothpicks. I can repair any weapon, any ship, any piece of armor or appliance, and I'm willing to create customs. I'm augmented with top of the line microcybernetics, and I can cut through Neutronium like a hot knife through butter." she took a breath, "And I'm willing to work for room and board," she added, "I have a card here somewhere," she continued, fishing around in her pockets, "Okay, maybe not. Could've sworn I brought it..." she grumbled under her breath, the dramatic and confident persona she'd had just moments ago gone in a sudden burst of awkwardness.

Reactions: Neobach
Feng was shocked when the lady whom he had thought had left showed up and spewed her impressive résumé at him in seemingly one breath. Wide eyed he just nodded to be honest he would have accepted her so long as she could speak properly, he was now anxious to get out of this place, the few crew he had would b enough for the time being.

A medic would have been nice or.something to that effect, but this wasn't exactly the place for a doctor to hang around. "Great, the dock workers will be notified and you get on the ship whenever, we'll be leaving uh..." Feng glanced over at the large bay window showing the vast darkness of space with the huge round edge of a planet in the distance "Today sometime, I dunno like seven hours, anyway welcome aboard."

With his brief interview over he stood up and began to walk off seeing as everyone else had mostly dispersed and feeling satisfied with his little crew. He hadn't noticed Maya's strategic positiong and slowed his pace as he got towards the exit of the bar he abruptly sat down across from Maya and gave her the 'you win' look before speaking. "We gotta talk."

Status
Not open for further replies.