Othern | Earth

• Thread starter Lady of the Dragons
  • Start date
Sounds fantubular! (Fantastic+tubular....awesome, I know.) I'll make sure to check back as regularly as is possible for one as easily distracted as me, so that I don't end up showing up after the whole thing is done.....which is usually about my luck. *smiles* It's wonderful to see such a seriously intense cast is in the making. *rubs hands together* This is gonna be goooood. :)

I would like to join this rp, if you'll still let me. I'm looking at the Darkfull 3rd generation. I want to play a character who chose not to live around other Darkfull, but is self taught in his dark abilities. Is this still allowed?

CS, just in case :)

Name: Ivayne (Vayne)
Species: Darkfull 3rd Gen
Appearance: Tall (6' 4") and lean. His hands extend to long (2 inches from tip of finger), almost black claws. He looks mostly human, although his left eye is shrouded is blackness, and his teeth are jagged as if meant to gnaw on flesh. Ivayne wears generally baggy clothes, in attempt to hide his Darkfull features, as well as concealed weapons. Before the merging, this meant heavy robes and hoods. After the merging, Ivayne found himself a new attire, fitting his role in the war going on as a creature who watches from a distance. He wears black military pants with bands wrapping around his calves from below his knees to the balls of his feet. The same bandage covers his chest and wraps up to his neck, across the bridge of his nose and through his black, mangy hair, as well as down his arms to his knuckles. Over top of the bandage, he wears a heavy black military jacket, which is a few sizes too large for his rather thin, lean frame. It covers the majority of his claws. On his face he wears a black Israeli gas mask to hide most of his deformities, and help conceal his identity.
Brief History: Ivayne had no recollection of how he came to be, just of who he was and his abilities. He lived the majority of his life in Neuthern, occasionally travelling in direction of the Darkfull and Lightfull lands, though he never favoured anyone asides his own survival. Just before the merging, he had been found by a Darkfull who had tried to convince him to join their fight. Ivayne, simply put, spat at him and swore he would never give an allegiance to a war he found idiotic. The Darkfull attacked him, assuming he'd not yet been able to control his abilities, and was proven wrong. At the end of their fight, the merging began. Since then Ivayne has remained a neutral bystander, watching the people of Othern and Earth fight for a purpose he did not believe.
Personality: Ivayne has had little interaction with any beings, so his impressions (first or not) are never great. He tends to be very stubborn and individualistic. His belief is all creatures have a soul purpose to survive, harmony and power are nothing but toys his race and the human race have created.
Weapons: Ivayne uses his claws and teeth in battle. He does also carry a bow, and two daggers. His left eye has heightened sight abilities that allow him to see furthur distances (up to 4 miles away) and allows him to see weak points in the forms of shade, these abilities make him a ranged attack style. Darker areas of inanimate or animate objects suggests a weaker spot. His eye's abilities weaken in the light. He is also able to elongate his nails to 6 inches, and his canine teeth to 2 inches.
Other: This character does NOT have to be a loner character. This is in no way my intention by him, I am just trying to capture his social... uhm, awkwardness?

I hope it isn't too late, I am new to this site and have been rping for a long time. It's been a while since I've been in a good rp. Let me know :)

Yes, that's alright.However, I would tone down the abilities of your character's eye. Instead of seeing up to 4 miles, how about just one or half a mile? And I would take away the abilitiy to see weak spots. Other than that, it's fine.

Certainly :) I'm still happy with that!

Alright then. Once you change that, you're approved.

And that's it folks! Apps are now closed!

Just a question...

Should we wait until Thursday to RP (when Shaynel posts)

or...

Should we RP sooner than that and find a place to fit Shavynel?

Because Thursday is kind of a lengthy time to wait when Apps are closed and most of us are ready to RP.

I say, start ASAP! Thataways, we can be gettin' the rp all warmed up for Shay for when she jumps in. *harumphs, stroking my mustache* Just the suggestion of an RP addict who has no patience whatsoever.

Sorry for the delay, guys! I've been very busy.

So, I've decided we're going to go ahead and start the RP. It's already been a bit since the apps have been closed and I think people are itching to RP.

I'm going to get started on the IC!

Alright guys, the IC is up! Go and dazzle us with your first post! http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=14627

The basis of your first post should be your character hearing the warning then doing whatever. After everyone has posted, I'll post and things will kick off from there.

Just a note,
things with a solid outline are chapter openings or introductions.

Okay, happy RPing! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Ack! Sorry for slowness. I'll edit this soon with a character! I had to move a lot more boxes than I initially thought.

Edit: Here's a char sheet. Let me know if it's okay to play this 2nd gen, otherwise I can try something else. ^^

Name: Koska Serit
Age: Appears as a cat ... not young, but still energetic.
Species: Darkfull 2rd gen
Appearance: A cat! His eyes are normally yellow.

Brief History: Koska grew up collecting crystals, but after a few too many close calls, decided to strike at his own path and learned the soldier's way. From there, he learned to protect his kind, and when the war broke out in earnest, he was out there fighting. Then came a time (too soon) when he realized it wasn't just about the current soldiers and who could fight, but how well they could train the young ones. At that point, he returned to Darthern and began mentoring the young.

Over the years, however, fewer and fewer returned. He recognizes there's the risk of death, but realizes there's little that have actual expertise in the strategies of war left on the field. He knows that there are not that many left that understand war as he does. Because of this, he's stopped mentoring and has returned to the battlefield. It was then that Earth merged with Othern.

Personality: Koska is the sort that does what's needed and is protective of his own kind. When it comes to others, though, he takes a precautious approach -- better a Lightfull be dead than left to terrorize some day when he isn't around to safeguard those that need safeguarding. As for humans, he is definitely of the belief that they should be gone from the world. They don't belong. His belief is that killing them is the only way to get them gone, but if you could get him to listen and to trust (which is near impossible), he is open to a different solution (the same essentially holds for Lightfull).

He does know how to act like a cuddly cat, but he thinks this is extremely undignified. He's not beneath acting undignified for some higher purpose, however. Definitely an "ends justify the means" sort of guy.

Weapons: His eyes are his main weapons, and the hurt comes in two different ways. The more deadly of powers is when his eyes turn red. If he looks someone directly in the eyes, his/her insides will begin to rise in temperature until they boil to death. If the victim were to be so unlucky as to look into his eyes at the same time, s/he would die instantaneously.

The lesser power is when his eyes are orange. When this happens, every person he looks at will begin to feel pain. Once the victim begins to feel pain, he can look away (possibly to inflict the state upon another). The pain only stops when the victim moves behind a physical barrier such that if Koska were to turn toward them, his vision would be blocked. This pain can be maintained on multiple people, though it tires him quickly if he tries to hold this on more than a dozen people. It is usually this skill that he uses on the battlefield. He disables many from striking against his friends, which allows them to make the killing blow.

Of course, he can also use claws and teeth, but this, he feels, is somewhat undignified.

Other: He speaks mind-to-mind with other Darkfull, not at all to Lightfull, and will occasionally stoop down to meowing and purring at humans.

Alright, accepted! You are free to post. When I have more time, I'll edit you into the cast.

Alright, things are going a bit slow in the RP so I'm going to post now.

Sorry for taking so long, silly me couldn't find the rp. I've bookmarked it now :D

No problem :) In your next post, your character can bump into mine if you want. That way most the characters can be together in the same area. THEN INTERACTION.

Just made a short time post to try and keep things fresh while we wait for the next poster.

Just wanted to say I edited my post. I meant to meet up with Leone rather than follow Suavari and Valos.

Great. Just to be clear (because I don't think I was in my post): Giandor is not with Leone atm.

Okay. While Valos is talking to Suavari you guys can run into the conversation or whatever you like.