Organ Donor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a thing with needles. I haven't donated blood because of it. You can have all you want so long as I don't feel it.

I am ineligible for blood and organ donations because I am a carrier of hemophilia and live with someone that has hepatitis. D:

I donate blood every chance that I get, and I have donated my hair to create wigs for cancer patients... I am not a registered organ donor, though. The thought terrifies me for some irrational reason. Yeah, I know that I'll be dead. But still. I'll probably end up registering at some point, but not at the moment.

I am ineligible for blood and organ donations because I am a carrier of hemophilia and live with someone that has hepatitis. D:
Bright side it's called the royal disease which kind of makes being hemophiliac sound kinda badass. Just tell people you have royal blood ;P

Organ donor. No point letting my spare parts go to waste in the event that I no longer need them. It is only logical to give them to others.

Ot7xsH0.gif

I have signed up for organ donation and other medical purposes, which means that the organs that can be used to help other people will be donated to them and the rest of me can be experimented on, so even if no organs can be used to save a life, my body can most likely still be of some use in some other way.

Oh my lord that scene was so touching skjfbakbiWRi

I think I might donate blood, but the idea of me donating organs just doesn't sit right with me.

i am organ donor

they only need my skin and bones for the funeral, right?

and if i play my cards right, they won't even get that!

death by saving the world from Big Bad Evil Guy usually ends without a corpse, yes?

Reactions: LunaValentine
I'm not sure if I'm registered but I hope so. I've got no problem donating. I mean that way ill be a permanent fixture on earth. :D

Slightly off topic, but what do you guys think about donating your bodies to a science exhibit like :

german-anatomist-von-hagens-poses-next-to-a-plastinated-human-body-during-the-presentation-of-the-new-koerperwelten-exhibition-in-berlin.jpg

bw-48jpg_590x395.jpg

Now, I know that this stuff is all about education and I've seen the exhibits in person (and they creeped the hell out of me, for the record), but every body in these exhibits donated their bodies to be preserved and displayed in such a manner.

Would you?

I'm not an Organ Donor.
That's just because I don't know how to be one yet though, and have yet to bother learning how.
Probably will tomorrow (not now, too sleepy... I desire my bed).

I have donated blood 3 times though.
Tried for a 4th, they turned me down cause something scored too high in a test (it was either heart beat or temperature judging by the machine they used).

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but what do you guys think about donating your bodies to a science exhibit like :

german-anatomist-von-hagens-poses-next-to-a-plastinated-human-body-during-the-presentation-of-the-new-koerperwelten-exhibition-in-berlin.jpg

bw-48jpg_590x395.jpg

Now, I know that this stuff is all about education and I've seen the exhibits in person (and they creeped the hell out of me, for the record), but every body in these exhibits donated their bodies to be preserved and displayed in such a manner.

Would you?
Hell yes I would. Why not? It's in the name of science. I'm not using that body anymore, and if they can find a use for it, then that's great. Even if it's for an art exhibit.

Seriously. I'm dead. Whether or not there's an afterlife, I don't think I give a fuck anymore. :ferret:

• Thank You
Reactions: Dervish
Hell yes I would. Why not? It's in the name of science. I'm not using that body anymore, and if they can find a use for it, then that's great. Even if it's for an art exhibit.

Seriously. I'm dead. Whether or not there's an afterlife, I don't think I give a fuck anymore. :ferret:

The logical part of me agrees and understands that perspective; the hell do you need your body for after your dead?

The, I don't know if you can say spiritual or not, part of me is weirded out by the idea of someone in the future wearing parts of my head via transplant because I associate that with me. Having my body just stripped down like that and put on display really kind of freaks me out and would make me feel violated.

It's one of those philosophical and spiritual lines I just can't bring myself to consider crossing, which is weird for me.

bw-48jpg_590x395.jpg

Would you?
Nah. If I'm going to donate my body to science, which I'm totally down for, I'd want it to be more actively useful to science, like for the purpose of showing medical school people what the real innards of a person are like or for research stuff.

Well, I am not a organ donor and will never become one.

I'd like to keep all of my body parts together until the day that I die. If a kid asked my if I would give up my organs for that kid, I would say no and walk away. That also goes for my family members as well.

If I am dead and you need my body, go ahead and use me. I need my organs in order to live, you will not take it away for me until I die.

Well, I am not a organ donor and will never become one.

I'd like to keep all of my body parts together until the day that I die. If a kid asked my if I would give up my organs for that kid, I would say no and walk away. That also goes for my family members as well.

If I am dead and you need my body, go ahead and use me. I need my organs in order to live, you will not take it away for me until I die.

Being a registered organ donor means you've given the official OK to your organs being used for transplants after you die. If you're fine with that then you should go make sure you're registered.

Noooooo waaaaaaaaay. I don't trust strangers in the medical field to make that split second decision.

THE HORROR!

I'd be up for giving my body to science, if it were still an option.

However, becoming an organ donor would mean I'm no longer a complete body which may cut off said options.
That being said though, if any options were available I'd want my remaining body to be used in stuff like studying and medical tests.
Not stuff such as "Look! This body is in a funny pose!".

Bright side it's called the royal disease which kind of makes being hemophiliac sound kinda badass. Just tell people you have royal blood ;P
Just try not to mention that it came about from sister fucking and you're good.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
Status
Not open for further replies.