OOC Thread for 'From Scratch'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, Enderdeman, I'm thinking of joining, but after reading some of the story and some of the ooc I have a few questions, which are listed below.
1. Does the character have to be human (in the strictest sense of the word)?
1b. If not, how far from human can the character be?
2. Talents, are they talents or superpowers? I'm getting the vibe of superpowers.

There's a scene going on with zilo and I, but some people involved didnt post, so we are basically just waiting for them

Oh, I'm no longer thinking of joining. So don't bother answering my questions. :3

I decided to join, guess my subconscious got the better of me. :P

[{(This is just more exposition of my character! You have been warned.)}]

So a few things about my character that may come into play later, he is insane. Not in the mad hatter kinda way, but in the, he has a weak grasp of reality and facts. (to save from cluttering the IC I'm going to add plenty of details about him, that aren't immediately important, here.)
So to continue:
Personality traits: His brain is scrambled, he can think and rationalize like anybody, but he may not understand how the world works. Just to get this out of the way, he most likely will not care about most of the others, he'll be a team player but you may notice him honing in on one particular character. Or not. I'm not sure how he'll play out yet, I've just created him. He thinks highly of himself, and this can cause him to put himself at odds with people of leadership, and can put himself in dangerous situations. ((Was character death accepted in the IC? He might, might, get himself killed if it was.)) He does have low self esteem though, and his courage is divided up horribly. He may try to take on that big scary bruiser, but then turn right around and stumble over his words with a girl. Or guy. He swings both ways, never got the hang of a bat. Because of his power (which I may or may not go into) he is very unpredictable, (to opponents). Though can probably be said of anyone with powers.

History: His history is going to be from his perspective, which means it won't read quite like a history. He thinks he's a secret military project's recruit, or a laboratory experiment to be used as a military weapon. He lived by himself at college, (if you must now he went to the University of West Florida in the U.S.A.) but he didn't go to class and was never sure of what courses he was taking anyways. He picked up drugging and listening to music all the time, sleeping from 5 am until the afternoon and staying up all night.

Skills (not to be confused with power):
Tree trekker: can scale trees rapidly and leap from tree to tree.
Survivor: he has boyscout training, as such he knows how to build a shelter, tie knots (y'know those special ones like the timber hitch), and bully others.
Pyromaniac: can start fires easily. Is calmed by flames. Warning: loves to burn stuff.
Apathy: he doesn't care.
Medical bluff: he has very little medical knowledge, but he does have medical knowledge.
Empathetic ear: people tend to be comfortable sharing information to him. May have something to do with Apathy.
Cat person: animals tend to be afraid of him, except for cats. He loves cats. This does not conflict with Pyromaniac. Cats and Fire do not mix.
Iron stomach: he can handle almost any food. (He does not like spicy food though. That's more of a mouth thing.)

I decided to join, guess my subconscious got the better of me. :P
[{(This is just more exposition of my character! You have been warned.)}]
So a few things about my character that may come into play later, he is insane. Not in the mad hatter kinda way, but in the, he has a weak grasp of reality and facts. (to save from cluttering the IC I'm going to add plenty of details about him, that aren't immediately important, here.)
So to continue:
Personality traits: His brain is scrambled, he can think and rationalize like anybody, but he may not understand how the world works. Just to get this out of the way, he most likely will not care about most of the others, he'll be a team player but you may notice him honing in on one particular character. Or not. I'm not sure how he'll play out yet, I've just created him. He thinks highly of himself, and this can cause him to put himself at odds with people of leadership, and can put himself in dangerous situations. ((Was character death accepted in the IC? He might, might, get himself killed if it was.)) He does have low self esteem though, and his courage is divided up horribly. He may try to take on that big scary bruiser, but then turn right around and stumble over his words with a girl. Or guy. He swings both ways, never got the hang of a bat. Because of his power (which I may or may not go into) he is very unpredictable, (to opponents). Though can probably be said of anyone with powers.
History: His history is going to be from his perspective, which means it won't read quite like a history. He thinks he's a secret military project's recruit, or a laboratory experiment to be used as a military weapon. He lived by himself at college, (if you must now he went to the University of West Florida in the U.S.A.) but he didn't go to class and was never sure of what courses he was taking anyways. He picked up drugging and listening to music all the time, sleeping from 5 am until the afternoon and staying up all night.
Skills (not to be confused with power):
Tree trekker: can scale trees rapidly and leap from tree to tree.
Survivor: he has boyscout training, as such he knows how to build a shelter, tie knots (y'know those special ones like the timber hitch), and bully others.
Pyromaniac: can start fires easily. Is calmed by flames. Warning: loves to burn stuff.
Apathy: he doesn't care.
Medical bluff: he has very little medical knowledge, but he does have medical knowledge.
Empathetic ear: people tend to be comfortable sharing information to him. May have something to do with Apathy.
Cat person: animals tend to be afraid of him, except for cats. He loves cats. This does not conflict with Pyromaniac. Cats and Fire do not mix.
Iron stomach: he can handle almost any food. (He does not like spicy food though. That's more of a mouth thing.)
Wow, that's really informative, and I'm glad you did this for us (and yourself, I'm thinking). It's a different kind of crazy... I love it! See you in the RP =)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Hey guys, I just joined in and I hope to have lots of fun ^^ I've read up every post that was done before this so I think I'm pretty much all caught up..! Its a great range of characters and personalities! Hope you guys like mine too!

((Was contemplating trapping you in the traps I mentioned a while back but decided against it, seeing as how it would be forever til someone reached you @Social Piranha And it seems that Geoff's shack has become a..I dunno what to call it even

(That was my fault just now, I should've let the bear guy post before I tried to continue x.x just so it's officilal, lets make the post order Zilo, bear myself?)

Status
Not open for further replies.