[OOC][INVITE ONLY] Reign of Discord - Silence Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Malku-- what level of technology does this world have? Like, I get that there are airships-- so are we kindof seeing the beginnings of an industrial revolution? Would there be things like mortars and cannons around? What about guns? Or is everything powered by magic instead of steam/gunpowder?

Also, just clarifying-- do you mind if we address the attack at hand rather than go to the meeting?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Betelgeuse In the rest of the world, it's mostly medieval-ish. The Airships were a really big investment by Dovry. The Industrial revolution is mostly, for the time being, isolated almost entirely to Sorania. There are automata, but they are not very sophisticated and do still require a Singer to control. Mortars/cannons/guns are not known to the majority of the world. Not yet.

I would much rather you go to the meeting than address the attack as it's mostly just aerial and mostly arcane, so the only people that really would make sense to be fighting it back are the Maestros and their Instruments. The rest are probably going to be ordered to get everyone into the 'bunkers' at the Eyrie.

Reactions: Betelgeuse
Working on a post now~
What does the Theatre look like, and is it used often? 0.0

It's not used often, and it pretty much looks like what it's called, except without the curtains. Think town hall. It's circular and has rows of seats. Bleachers, you could call them. All facing a 'stage' set to one side. Feel free to decorate as you will. Just note that there are probably torches inside.

I'm just waiting on @Vinyl to post, and then I'll be posting another GM post, and then one for Gwyne. Good work, everyone, so far. Getting pumped for what will happen next.

Also. For anyone who wants to describe the artillery(?) Do things fired from airships count as artillery? Bah. Whatever the proper term is.

In any case, they're barrels wrapped with tar-soaked wool set on fire. Hence the thick smoke. It's standard siege fare for airships. They're propelled by Song, and they're filled with a compartment of explosives and a compartment of something akin to White Phosphorous. Detonation mostly occurs only upon impact, but it can also explode in mid-air for defective ones.

For the size of the airships on the way to the Citadel, there are at least 25 salvos' worth of these things in each.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiverNotch
OH. So the oil-soaked wool that was set on fire actually is close enough to hit the Citadel. I thought it was just creating a smokescreen for the airships.

Should I edit?
I should. But I'll leave it.

Wait - did I get that wrong? o - o
Dear me...
Is it just a smokescreen?

It's all close enough to hit the citadel. At the same time, the smokescreen is a secondary effect of the things. You were good, Vinyl.

Erg. But Lyrael's reaction at the end seems extraordinarily blasé given that wool bombs are falling on them. *grumps* Oh well.

EDIT. Hell, this is going to become part of her character now. Blasé in the face of danger. Mwaha.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Betel. XD.

_b02

ABCDEFGHI
********^
*******^*
******^**
******^^^
*****^*^^
****^****
****^*^^*
****^^^*^
***^***^^

The Capital of Dovry:
******^**
********^
*^*^^^^^^
********^
**^****^^
***^***^^
**^*^^^**
*****^*^^

PLOT CLUE:
****^*^^*
**^^*^*^*

******^^^
*****^*^^
*****^*^^
**^^^^**^
*****^*^^
*^**^^*^*

Oh god not again....

*Looks at all the catching up he has to do*

<.< >.>

*Straps on a helmet and charges in to post*

@Vinyl
If you don't have any specific parts of the Citadel in mind, I suggest our characters be in the tunnels right below the Halls of Learning; somewhere where Adelia could sense that the Maestro's Tower is nearby, and perhaps pester your character to help get her presumably useless bracers.

Blainkos might end up on your tail. He needs some character interaction. lol

(Now that I think about it though River, Arien probably wouldn't want to go anywhere out of the way to get a pair of bracers when all the fighting is happening elsewhere, so if that were to take place Adelia would probably have to go it alone xD Probably. )

For anyone who's been waiting for a post, if you think you can make one without disrupting anything major, please go ahead.

I'm a bit busy at the moment with preparations for university, but I'll definitely have a post up within the week.

Okay, everyone who's not held up by Gwyne, YOU CAN POST. @RiverNotch *coughs*

WAIT I HAZ EXAM TODAY

I'm finishing up, though, so yeah, hopefully one'll come up today/tomorrow, Philippine time.

Status
Not open for further replies.