One Word Worlds

Your word is cotton candy
Two things:
1 - Fairly certain 'Cotton Candy' is two words.
2 - Also, I hate cotton candy. It's disgusting.

~Name~
Hattara

~Appearance~
Hattara is about as alien as worlds get. The surface of the world is mostly covered in land, with most of its water supply being underground only accessible through the large, deep, flowing rivers that cross the planets surface. Rivers, that are actually white, instead of the typical blue that is seen on earth. The color of the soil is a muddy, brownish white color. From space though, one can only see the colorful trees that make up most of the planet. Bright colors of red, blues, greens, pinks, and all the other colors of the rainbow. The trees, also of which, have sugary tasting leaves instead of green ones made of cellulose. The bark on the trees varies from the same color as it is on earth, to brightly colored tones. Grasses vary in much the same way.

The Terrain of the planet, is mostly large forests and dense jungles of the sugary plants. There are a few small plains covered in grasses, and a few medium-sized mountain ranges made of greyish-white rocks. The rocks are white, for this simple reason: They actually have sugar in the rock. Rock Sugar, as it is known as, is a somewhat tasty and valuable commodity.

~Special resources~
The sugary leaves of the plants are considered delicious compared to sugar grown on earth. Most can be substituted for sugar in any cooking recipe, and its guaranteed to make it 100% sweeter/better. The leaves can be eaten raw, or processed into different items and such. They are harvested simply by picking the leaves from the trees, which will bloom again within a week or so depending on the tree's health. Also to note, the bark on the trees are rather soft, making for poor building materials.

The Sugar Mines on the planet, are also a rather large money maker. Extending deep into the surface where they can, they extract Sugar Rocks from Hattara's interior. They can either refine the Sugar Rocks into pure sugar, or sell them mostly as is, as a candy.

It should be noted, however, that sugar from Hattara does have a slightly addictive and intoxicating property to it. There are regulations on how much someone can consume at an amount of time. The residents of the planet though, are immune to the effects and can consume it freely.

~Known inhabitants~
The natives of the planet, are a small, race of incredibly fast, agile, and acrobatic impish creatures, who are just as diverse as humans are. Depending on the region they live in, they skin color and attributes vary quite a bit. They are collectively known as the Alel.

The ones that live in the forested areas the Alelfins, who are also the most numerous, are shy and timid by nature. They normally have hair ranging from bright, bubbly pink, to bright blue. They have two horns sprouting on top of their heads that curve upwards. Their skin, usually is an off-yellow color, and their eye color ranges from a soft yellow to a bright white color. The most noticeable difference between them and humans, as that instead of fingers, they have three incredibly sharp claws. These claws allow them to grip into the soft trees, and using their acrobatic ability, they can move between the trees without even touching the ground.

Those who inhabit the few plains, and the second most numerous, are called the Afinlel. Slightly taller than their Alelfin cousins, the Afinlel's are easily distinguished by their darker coloration. Their hair colors ranges anywhere from black, to a bright blond color. Their eye colors are typically darker than those of the Alelfin, from an earthy reddish brown color to a grey one. Like the Alelfin, they sprout two horns on their heads. They start at the back of the head usually, and curve upwards along the cranium until they stop at a short point. However, instead of claws, they have hands with five fingers on them, just like humans. They are not as agile as their Alelfin cousins, but they have more strength to make up for it. They are very territorial, and tend to be very aggressive by nature.

The third, the Alelim, live in the few mountainous regions. Their easily distinguished by their grey and chalky white colored skin, and their short messy hair. Their eye colors tend to either be red, bright green, blue. By nature, they are curious and inquisitive, often times they get up to no good quite easily. However, they are the most intelligent of the Alel's, and are credited with quite a few innovations in technology. They have the smallest horns out of the Alel's, the two growing on their forehead end with rounded points, rather than the sharp ones of their forest or plains counterparts.

The fourth, and rarest form of Alel, are the Aleltim. They live underground, near the massive reservoirs of underground water, or rarely on the surface near rivers that connect with a reservoir of underground water. They, are the most unique in their appearance. They have light blue skin, with usually bright violet eyes. Their hair tends to be messy, and dark in color. Their horns sprout from the side of their head, and curve upwards along their cranium to a point. Their ears, also tend to be pointed and long. They are isolationists by nature, but they are not unfriendly to outsiders. After a long war between them and the others, they hid themselves underground, and aren't likely to come back anytime soon. They can, be rather mistrustful though.

~Dangers~
The forests are rife with hostile creatures. Most wildlife are either carnivores, or highly territorial herbivores. It is recommended that anyone travelling in the forest do so armed, and do so with a friend, otherwise you might just up and disappear and never be heard from again. It is also recommended you have an Alelfin as a guide. Despite their shy and timid temperament, they are fairly decent fighters and know the forests quite well.

You should also watch out for the Afinlel. Strong, and numbering almost the same as the Alelfin, they are little more than tribal bandits. While they don't venture much out of their plains, they will send raiding parties to the forests and mountains often enough for them to be a nuisance and a problem.

The mountainous regions, tend to actually be the safest. The Alelim have tamed most of the less dangerous beasts, and the more dangerous ones will only bother you if you bother them. Just be careful of falling rocks, and you'll be fine.

~Key Locations~
The planet Hattara is one, massive continent split by several rivers and an interior with large underground seas. The most noticeable locations, are the small chains of mountains the Alelim call home, the plains the Afinlel, the large forests of the Alelfin, and the underground cities of the Aleltim.

And done, i think. I went with a more, fantasy vibe~

For anyone who wants to build a city, your word is 'Waterfall'​

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I didn't really think about it XD
I usually just get my little brother to decide the words for me.

Can I try my hand at this? It seems fun! (hard but fun)

I guess I'll give it a shot. The worst I can do is fail miserably and then feel pathetic and then go cry in a corner... but It's been a long time since I've had a good cry, so I'm prepared. :P