One Thing You Will Never Give Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
A lot of us have problems, or are going through things. No life is perfect. Yet, at the same time, we must also pay attention to what things we know we won't ever give up for anything. Be it someone, or something about yourself, this can be anything that you know for sure will keep you going on and determined to live your life well.

What is one thing that you would never change or give up about the life you have?

My family. They're not perfect, just like me - we fight and whine and make a mess and there are days that are just super ugly - but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the entire world. I could live in a cardboard box on the worst street in the worst city on the planet and as long as I still had my family it would be a palace.

<3

Only one thing!? Man, I have a super long list of things I would never, ever give up. I'm actually extremely pleased to know that I'm struggling to limit it down to just ONE thing I would never give up, because that just means I'm completely surrounded by amazing, wonderful things and beings. I am incredibly blessed.

Now, if I did just have to pick one thing, I'd probably have to pick my significant other. He's incredibly supportive, kind, warm, and loving-- he is constantly pushing for me to better myself and is always the first one to be my own personal cheerleader when I accomplish something or am feeling down. We argue sometimes, sure, but he never tries to be vindictive or overly-aggressive in our arguments and when he apologizes, I know it's absolutely sincere.

Over and over and over and over and even over again... people have been told me to 'wake up', to stop daydreaming, to stop indulging in the fantasy that they even harm me in a variety of ways because of it.

I decide...

to embrace the dreams.

Because this is me,

and I am not alone because of my dreams.

nEJYgam.jpg

That might not come as positive as the thread suggest...

Over and over and over and over and even over again... people have been told me to 'wake up', to stop daydreaming, to stop indulging in the fantasy that they even harm me in a variety of ways because of it.

I decide...

to embrace the dreams.

Because this is me,

and I am not alone because of my dreams.

nEJYgam.jpg

That might not come as positive as the thread suggest...
The 'positivity' really depends on the person's own perspective in this thread. In your case, you value your daydreams and fantasies, and perhaps your mind's affinity to creating these things. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. ^^

> Coming from a fellow daydreamer.

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
The 'positivity' really depends on the person's own perspective in this thread. In your case, you value your daydreams and fantasies, and perhaps your mind's affinity to creating these things. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. ^^

> Coming from a fellow daydreamer.
I born with it. Not just based on my earliest memory, but also mom's recording of me playing as five years old. Thank you for understanding ^_^ .

My love for myself. It was damn hard to learn how to love myself, and I still struggle with it sometimes, but it's worth all the effort. Loving myself means I'm infinitely happier and able to maintain a much healthier lifestyle- without self love I'd be in a pretty dark place again. So I'm always going to be the number one priority in my life, nobody else comes before me.

I should also be the number one thing in your life, bow down and worship me peasant!
Seriously though, you should be the number one person in your life too, in my opinion. You're the only person who you can guarantee will always be there with you, and you're the only person who can control your own well-being*.

*For the most part. Point is that you manage your own emotions and situation, not that you're omnipotent.

The one thing that wouldn't give up is the number of people I've met and the friends I've made. Despite the amount of time I've spent on single-player games or watching YouTube alone, I have made an effort to make many, many friends. I feel like what I've done with my friends over the past few years has done leaps and bounds for my personal health and has sparked worlds-worth of creativity. Even on Iwaku. Especially Iwaku.

My love for myself. It was damn hard to learn how to love myself, and I still struggle with it sometimes, but it's worth all the effort. Loving myself means I'm infinitely happier and able to maintain a much healthier lifestyle- without self love I'd be in a pretty dark place again. So I'm always going to be the number one priority in my life, nobody else comes before me.
This has seriously got to be one of the most important lessons a person has to learn eventually in life. If you can't love yourself properly, you can't really say you can love other people in a healthy way. It's hard, really damn hard. But you have to learn how to appreciate yourself and what you've got, and to compare yourself less and less to people. This also means loving and taking care of your mind and your body.

I'm not really the type to make myself my number one priority in life, but I understand that I need to love myself if I want to help myself improve. ^^

My confidence in my ability to defy and continue. In my will to survive and thrive at all costs, to dominate any obstacle life can throw at me with the sheer stubborn determination unique to humans.

I am the result of millions of years of natural selection, member of a species of omnivorous apex predators, kin to the people that gave the Roman Empire night terrors for five hundred years, product of a society where you make the best of what you have or you die trying, and survivor or both my own demons and those of the people around me.

And until the day I die, no matter how hard things get, I will god. Damned. Act like it.

No matter how rough life is, no matter how down I am, no matter how much my mental health and the world fight me, I will carry on, and be living proof of either Those Who Can Do Anything Despite Fate, or Those Who Will Do Anything To Spite Fate.

A lot of us have problems, or are going through things. No life is perfect. Yet, at the same time, we must also pay attention to what things we know we won't ever give up for anything. Be it someone, or something about yourself, this can be anything that you know for sure will keep you going on and determined to live your life well.

What is one thing that you would never change or give up about the life you have?

tumblr_od25xzJXdi1qc4uvwo1_500.png
Either books, chocolate, or internet access. (/ o w o) /

I think the one thing I wouldn't ever give up is giving people the benefit of the doubt. It can get hard at times, and sometimes even saddening, but I don't want to think bad thoughts about people.

I would also never give up my Mister. He's perhaps the only one who truly accepts me as I am, even those parts about myself that I dislike. He supports me when no one else does, and he's always looking out for me and has my back.

//gets lured in by a pretty banner
//gets slapped with difficult questions

One thing? Like Nav said, there is too much to list down, which makes me happy.

One thing I would never want to change about my life is my multicultural background. Growing up as a foreigner is hard sometimes and as a kid I cursed it. However, looking back at it now it has formed most of my character today and given me the advantage of multilingualism, which opened up a sea of chances and experiences as well.

My faith. I may have to give up several other things or say goodbye to them over the course of my life, but I will never give up my faith.

I had to spend a minute thinking about this. A few minutes, honestly. Because I can give up most of the things in my life. My upbringing wasn't terrible, not by a long shot, but it wasn't the best, either. It left me a...flexible person, I guess? That's the least cold way I can think of putting it.

So...I've gone without an internet connection for months and months at a time. Gone without other convenient methods of conversing with other people who weren't family, too, and as much as I love them, it gets tiring when you're just interacting with the same people day after day. I've dropped out of contact with all my long term friends at least once, because of the internet/phone problems or my personal things or school or what have you. My significant other is an absolutely lovely person and I love her very much, but I think I could lose that relationship, as grounding and inspiring and good for me as it is, and move on.

The thing I wouldn't give up is my fortitude, I suppose is the word. My circumstances tend to change an awful lot, that's why I'm such a flexible person, and my ability to take change in stride and try try again when it comes to roleplays or real life stuff, regardless of past failures or current problems or whatever else, is the part I most admire about myself. I mean, I have my issues with self esteem and other heavy topics along that vein. There's this certainty, though, that not matter how much right now might suck, I can always get through it, and I couldn't do without having that as something I can rely on.

My mom. She means everything to me, she understands me, we're similar, we love each other unconditionally, and I will never give her up for anything else in this world. Money can't buy unconditional love. No one can buy unconditional love. Unconditional love comes from within.

• Love
Reactions: Hana
music - linkin park & kpop
it is everything
without that my life would be no good

• Love
Reactions: Hana
Status
Not open for further replies.