Omicron

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of the day passed in much the same way, as most first days did, and Trick and Frey separated and went their own way after English. Drama was pretty okay, taught by a women called Mrs. Davis. Some people were annoyed by the "Get to Know You" game she'd made them play, and yeah, it could get annoying – especially on the first day in freshmen class – but it was a drama class. If they hadn't wanted to do things like this, Frey thought they should have picked another elective.

Lunch was crowded and loud and gave Frey a bit of a headache as he focused on blocking everyone out, but other than that it was pretty uneventful. There were no signs of Nemesis and he didn't have to go save Trick from any upperclassmen or anything like that. After that though was math, and as he walked out of the math classroom, he felt like his brain was trickling out of his ears and had a headache that had nothing to do with Telepathy. He'd felt so lost… Urgh, he hated math.

Gym, once it got started, was okay. Frey wasn't very athletic, but he wasn't a couch potato either so he was somewhere in the middle when it came to how quickly he finished his laps, snickering slightly at Trick who'd been told to do a few extra on account of his apple bribe.

The teacher decided, it being the first day and all, on a game of dodge ball and Frey barely suppressed a groan. He didn't like the game at the best of times, but now it was even worse since he'd developed a habit of accidentally summoning lightning and shocking things when surprised and Tick was on the opposite team… Frey could only hope he'd get taken out early on and if anything happened, that he didn't kill anyone and it was considered a freak coincidence or something.

Luckily for Trick and Frey neither of their powers went out of control during the game but it was fun tossing balls around at other people. Dodge Ball was a change of pace from the snore fest of class introductions. The class flew by quickly and by the end of it Trick was sweating and smiling like a idiot. "Finally something fun to balance everything out and just in time to head home! The teachers didn't even assign any homework, well in my classes anyway. What about yours?"

Trick and Frey shoved their school supplies and papers into their assigned lockers, which were side by side thanks to Ms. Holland allowing her students to pick their lockers from the portion of row she was assigned to give out. It only took a couple of minutes from their lockers to reach the library.

"Do you think we'll need our student cards to use a computer or maybe we can sign in as guests?" Trick whispered while waiting at the library check-out glancing at a women behind the counter who, seemed focused on the task of sorting some books.

"Fun for you maybe." Frey grumbled as they walked. "I don't like dodge ball." And that was before he'd developed powers that could accidentally kill someone. He'd been so focused on not losing control that he hadn't really be paying attention to the game and as a result, he'd been taken out fairly quickly each round. Not that he really minded that; it had given him time to try and work on his mental shields, or whatever it was that allowed him to block people's thoughts, and reduce a building headache a bit.

At Trick's question about homework, Frey shook his head. "Well, no English homework obviously and none for Gym." Did gym teachers even give out homework? "And since it was the first day, no Drama homework either. I was only really worried about Math, but I managed to finish the work sheets in time." Seconds before the bell rang, but still, at least he'd finished and wouldn't have to worry about it later.

"Well, seeing as how we won't get our student cards for at least a week until after picture day and that itself is next week, I think we can sign in as guests." Frey said with a smile as the dropped into chairs in front of two computers. Stretching, the blond groaned. "I'm so glad Gym is at the end of the day. That way, I can just shower at home." And if he came home sweaty after practicing his powers with Trick, at least he had an excuse if his parents were there when he got home.

Clicking on the internet browser once he'd logged in, Frey chewed on his bottom lip, thinking. "Hey, for places to practice, how 'bout an old warehouse or something?" It'd be empty and no one would walk in on them and discover them and then out them to the police or the CIA or whoever in the government was in charge of keeping track of the mutants in the country.

Trick was nodding as his friend talked and when Frey finished with his suggestion about a warehouse Trick remembered there were old factory warehouses on Hanson Road left abandoned. A lot of the old companies were going bankrupt and more adding to it each year leaving their property and the buildings on them to rust. Most of Hanson Road was either warehouses or old factory buildings without anything of value in them. They would be perfect for Frey and Trick to practice in, even if they destroyed some of the buildings no one would ask any questions since they were pretty old and people would probably assume they fell apart on their own or by a storm.

"Wow, I can't believe we didn't think of that before! It's perfect Frey! Do you remember Hanson Road? I think I remember there being quite a few abandoned factories and warehouses over there. Just to be sure though would you check for me? I used to go for a walk down there sometimes when I wanted to think and be alone, but I haven't been down there in a couple years. If I'm right we should go down there right now."

Frey looked at Trick, amused at his enthusiasm. "Yes I remember Hanson Road." He said with a roll of his eyes. It had been a while since he'd been down there last, but he knew the area his friend was talking about. It was in the industrial part of Eastborne and no one would care if a few abandoned warehouses fell apart, assuming it was due to the age of the building or something. No one would notice a couple of kids sneaking around there either, the area popular with teenagers for late night parties because of all the empty abandoned buildings.

The blonde whined, "Right now?" He wanted to go home and shower and then just relax, maybe sleep for a while before dinner. The day had been long and he just wanted it to be over and with. Trick gave him a long-suffering look and he sighed. "All right, fiiine. Let's go." Frey closed the browser and logged off. Standing up, he grabbed his bag and pushed his chair back in before following Trick out of the library and towards the nearest door outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.