OC Tournament & Resort - Resort Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Hopeless Romantic
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
a4d0c660ce00afb1840d63ce29eeae44.jpg

OOC THREAD
TOURNAMENTS THREAD
DUNGEON THREAD
CHARACTER THREAD
COMBAT TEST THREAD

~~UNLOCKED RESORT AREAS~~
The Spire Resort is the gold standard of resorts. With pools, a gym including a sparring arena, many restaurants and ways to play and relax, this is considered the main resort. The contestants will have their homes for them and any significant others in this area, and this is where the majority of attractions are.
As secrets are discovered, dungeons are crawled and tournaments are completed, more areas will become unlocked to explore and enjoy.​

Last edited:
Character: Neil Blues
Interaction: Sail @Sail

Neil let out a hum as he pondered on the question. "Mhh, I don't think so... I know I met some natural espers a few times but they didn't exactly feel any different from me in any way.", he shrugged. "But why do you want to replicate that? Wanna have some new soldiers for a war or something?"

Character: Xy Soma
Interaction: N/A

The trip from Aradia had been long and tiring. Cramped up for many hours in the ship had not been what Xy expected. It wasn't to say that the trip overall had been bad. He had seen many things that he would not have dreamed of in his homeland, but the fact that the journey was over was enough to make the man want to celebrate.

As his items were gathered and sent off by the staff, the man's eyes would search around the lobby. It wasn't much of a tourist's main focus, but he was sure amazed by the intricacies and fine arts strewn about. He spent more than a fair ten minutes just admiring this simple entryway.

Slowly moving further into the complex, the man would stop and take a few steps backwards, looking into a dimly lit boutique. The sounds and smells did not elude him. No matter where you were from, nor where you had been, the sounds and smells of a lounge were always the same. With a large, near comical grin upon his face, the large man entered and found an open table to partake in what would soon be the first of many glasses of scotch.

Character: Sail Salizen
Interactions: Neil @Tiguidi

Sail finished her small braid while she thought of an answer. "I think maybe I could become one? Maybe the 'power' the Seers observe in me is a collection of powers given to myself through research. I've always been quite stubborn in my pursuit of knowledge."

Interaction: Sail @Sail and Kelon @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

"Eh, maybe. Can't say I know too much about what those Seers saw.", the esper shrugged as he dropped back on the ground. "I think I'll go take a walk for a bit, to give myself some air. I'll come back later if I can.", he added with a wave. Staying in hospitals for too long somewhat made him uncomfortable so he had to get a bit of outside air.

-------

Some hours later, Neil reentered the hospital, willing to finish his wait there. He didn't exactly have anything else to do at the moment so he figured he'd go sit and browse the normally-boring hospital magazines. If there were any, that is. The wait fortunately wasn't long as a nurse came outside the operation room and allowed him to come inside.

"So, everyone alive, here?", Neil nonchalantly asked as he entered the room.

Last edited:
Interaction: Neil @Tiguidi Kelon @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Sail looked at the small grey wolfling, fresh from her mother's womb. She was quite adorable; Kelon had named her "Rayleigh" and continued to insist she was the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world, and Sail was inclined to agree.

As Neil walked through the door, Sail pointed at the child and said, "Yes, in fact, we are doing far more than being alive. We are appreciating the Master's gift to us." She grinned before turning to look back at the child.

Interaction: Sail @Sail Kelon @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

The esper briefly furrowed his brows, not really getting who 'the Master' was at first. He then shrugged, guessing he was some deity or something. He might ask later. Neil stretched his neck to take a look at the small wolfling in Megumi's arms. He hummed as he leaned on the wall, staying a few feet away from the others. Not that he didn't want to be there but he literally had no experience in dealing with children below 8 years of age.

"She's cute. Congratulations, you two.", he said to the new parents, flashing them a small smile.

Character: Kelon Vel Therut & Megumi Val Therut & Rayleigh Vol Therut
Interactions: Sail @Sail / Neil @Tiguidi

Kelon smiled down at the small wolfling in his arms, as he cradled his freshly-born daughter who was full of her mother's milk. He had a big, beaming smile of paternal pride on his face, and kissed her on the forehead when the two he had met came in.

"Her name is Rayleigh." He told Sail, who'd come in first. He would turn to show off her slate-grey furred self right as Neil came in.

"Thank you." He said softly as Megumi lay there resting. "Thank you for helping." He repeated while Rayleigh looked over. She giggled at the sight of the other two and made a small 'Kuoeh' sound at them.

Interactions: Sail @Sail / Kelon and Megumi @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

"Eh, no worries. We can't really have that happening in the middle of the street, right?", the esper said with a small smirk. "I definitely didn't think I'd come to see a newborn while coming to this resort...", he added to himself.

He didn't exactly have anything else to add except maybe congratulate them again. Though he was just content in sticking around for the moment; it'd be a bit insensitive to just leave without saying a word. One thing he was especially glad of was that Rayleigh didn't cry a lot like he expected a baby to. 'Take that, stereotype.'.

Interactions: Neil @Tiguidi Kelon and Megumi @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

"Unfortunately, I must leave now to go prepare for my next fight. Kelon, I'll see you in the arena. Good luck, and I wish you well with the child. I hope to see her soon." She looked at the little child as if she had more to say, but turned and pushed her way out of the patient room.

Soon enough, she had her map program fired up and she began to follow that ever familiar arrow that was nigh invisible to her eyes. She made her way around turns, down long corridors, and up a few flights of stairs. Soon enough, she found herself back in her personal chamber that had been assigned to her the moment she arrived in the resort.

Thus far, she had't had much time to make it her own. It still bore many of the marks of a high class hotel room; a large king size bed, fluffed up pillows that were a large enough to swallow her neck when she laid upon them, a somewhat empty closet, pristine washing facilities that still had the original stock of basic cleaning supplies. She planned to do more to it, but she needed money, and the only way she could get that was by either winning a tournament or delving deep into the nearby dungeon and selling some of the loot she found.

Her future plans for the room were quite extravagant, considering she was to stay here for a long time. She wanted to install a permanent hologram generator so as to make her room feel more like her old one, a workbench she could use to tinker with her armor and weapons, and possibly a place that could hold a small hoverbike so she could more quickly travel to places not within the resort itself. Stretching far out beyond her field of view through the large wall window were buildings so tall and majestic that she could not conceive exactly what they held.

She grabbed a sheet of paper from atop the small desk in her room, and sat down to begin sketching some of her ideas for the changes she wanted to make.

Character: Kelon Vel Therut & Megumi Val Therut & Rayleigh Vol Therut
Interactions: Sail @Sail / Neil @Tiguidi

"I will see you later, Sail" Kelon said to his new friend as he cooed at his daughter, poking her cheek. Rayleigh made another sound and looked at Neil once more, seeming to study him. After another moment, the new father looked over to Neil and cocked his head. "Are you going too, Neil?" he asked softly. "Perhaps later we can all celebrate Rayleigh in the lounge.."

Interactions: Sail @Sail / Kelon and Megumi @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

"See you later, Sail.", Neil nodded as the woman exited the medbay. From what she said, it would seem that she had a battle planned with Kelon later. That would be an interesting match...

He nodded when Kelon addressed him. "I think I'll take my leave too, yeah. I feel I'd just intrude to your moment here.", he shrugged. "But yeah, we could totally celebrate later if that's what you want. I'll see you guys later. Congrats again!" With those words, the esper did a two-fingered saluted and floated out of the room, letting out a small sigh. "Whew, that's enough social interaction for now, I need a break...", he said to himself. He had a match scheduled for later but he figured he'd get some time to himself in his room, at least for a small while.

After many hours of imbibing the caramel colored liquor, Xy would slowly stand up and pay his tab on the way out. He took a deep breath, sighing a little as he started to walk down the halls of this large resort slowly. He did not stagger, nor seem in any way affected by the scotch. The only telltale sign that he had even partook in it was the soft smell that hung to his clothes.

Looking around the place for a little over an hour, he had come to realize that there was just too much. It wasn't that it was a bad thing, but hell you never needed to leave this place. It had anything that anyone could think of. He decided he was going to like it there for his duration, however long that was going to be.

His eyes came across a door that lead out into a large courtyard like garden. A smirk grew upon his lips. The fresh air would be a godsend over the recycled air that flooded such a large complex. Opening the door, he was not disappointed. The warm breeze came over him, the fresh air feeling his tired body with a sense of rejuvenation as he walked out. Taking a few moments to get adjusted to the change in atmosphere, he would finally start moving through the courtyard along the many different paths until he came to a small duck pond and sat down, just enjoying the nature around him.

Character: Alilah

She had kept to herself since arriving. Spending most of her time in her bedroom or in the training room. Resting and practicing. For when she was too go into the arena and fight. Oh how she longed for a fight. A good fight, a challenge, an opponent who would hurt her and push her and give her a reason to fight back with all of her strength. That was why Alilah had come here.

Yet no challenger stood before her. A few had come and gone from the training room. More concerned with their own business. Alilah was ready. All she needed was someone to fight.

She sparred against the practice bag a little. Soaking in the light from the hanging lamps above. Moving lightly on her feet. Hitting the bag, breathing out with each strike. Always punching from her guard. Her style was somewhat similar to boxing. Using the reach of her long arms to land powerful blows from afar. The bag violently shook with each punch. And under the lamplight, these were the softer punches. The material began to wear as she worked the bag. The seams slowly splitting, the lining thinning, until sand trickled out. Once there was a small tear... Came the rupture. One well placed, powerful strike tore the bag from bottom to top and sand poured out into a heap on the floor.

Not again.

Sitting in the garden, Xy continued to relax. He had not been around much of the complex yet, but he was certain he had found his two favorite spots already. He would close his eyes for a few moments, the warm breeze taking the smell of scotch along with it. The man would slowly stand up, opening his eyes after he stretched and popped his neck a few times.

Continuing his journey around the garden, he would admire the nature around him. He didn't see much of this where he was from, so any chance he got he would bask in its splendor. The trees, the flowers, water features, all of it had their own special appeal to them. It was some what unexpected from a man his size.

While walking, he began to notice that around the edges of the courtyard there were plate glass windows looking in to the restaurants and other facilities. He stopped when he noticed what looked to be a gym. He began to look over the equipment and nodded. Without realizing it, he went closer to the window, maybe a few feet from it's glass. He then noticed a young woman in the gym attacking the training bag. His arms crossed over his chest, and he just examined watching as she slowly wore away at the bag until it burst.

Reactions: Glass
Character: Alilah
Interaction: Xy Soma @XycloneKiller

A shadow covered the bag. Alilah looked to one of the many windows to see a silhouette of a man peering through the glass. She couldn't make out much other than his humongous size. And she grinned. Could this be her first challenger?

With a hint of green-ish, blue-ish light the bag repaired itself. It was some kind of hologram, or something? Alilah didn't pretend to know. But once again the heavy weight bag was filled to the brim with sand. So he was watching, huh? Alilah decided to give him something to watch.

With the light of the lamp above and the sunlight coming in through the upper windows, Alilah let it build up. Rising and welling up inside of her. All of her heat and her light. Focusing it into her fist. From underneath the folds of of her hand wrap came a feint light. And she hit the bag. There was a flash of bright light. The sand rippled through to the other side. The lining split. And the chain it hung on swung too far. The chain snapped. The bursting bag was knocked to the far side of the room, where it crashed into the wall with a loud thud and a shower of sand.

Alilah turned to the silhouette in the window. Smiling.

Interaction: @Glass

He watched as the bag began to repair itself. He had yet to travel to the gym himself, but then again this was his first day here in the complex. It was interesting to see nonetheless. His hand moved up to rub along his jawline for a moment, stopping when he noticed something else starting to glow.

Hand resting upon his chin, the large Xy stared on as he noticed the young woman starting to glow, or at least that's what it looked like. He smirked slightly as he watched the bag fly across the room in a brilliant explosion of sand. He lowered his arms from his chest and began to clap slowly, having enjoyed the show. She was undoubtedly powerful, there was no denying it. He wondered how she would be in a battle, but then again he didn't linger on it, knowing that time would tell.

Reactions: Glass
Character: Alilah.
Interaction: Xy Soma @XycloneKiller

He seemed interested. Perhaps he was a fighter after all. Alilah left the bag and training room. A feint light behind her restoring the bag. Unwrapping her hands as she walked, Alilah made her way out of the training room and outside. Walking around the building to the windows. Once the cool air hit her skin she noticed how much she had been sweating from her workout.

"Like what you see?" she asked to the tall man.

With a better view it was clear just how freaking tall the man was. A hulking Goliath of muscle, a full foot taller than herself and over a 100lbs of more raw muscle. Though he did not look mean or too intimating - other than his mammoth stature. In fact he looked to be rather friendly. His soft brown eyes had a gentleness to them.

Interaction: Alilah @Glass

As the young woman seemed to finish up and walk off, Xy himself turned to start down the path once again. It had been quite the show to be honest. For such a small being, she seemed to pack a punch. His hand went to his jaw, stroking it in thought as his meandering pace took him slowly down the stoney path.

Hearing a voice behind him, the large man stopped and slowly looked over his shoulder. Lowering his hand, he turned toward the woman whose power he had just witnessed. She seemed a little smaller, now that she was up close, but then again most people did. "It was a good show, young lady," he said in his gruff voice. The small smirk that appeared upon his lips only added to the appearance that he was not that fierce, though the battlefield made for another Xy all together.

"You have quite a talent little lady," he continued as he pointed toward the window and let out a chuckle, "Many men I know would not be able to do half of what you have done."

Character: Deen (and family)
Interaction: Alilah @Glass - Xy Soma @XycloneKiller

Splish Splash...

Some think the Universe is empty of Spirit. Not capable of anything other than pure existence. But, in truth, the Universe is a Living Entity. One with, at times, a quite twisted sense of humor.......

Duck ponds are called "duck ponds" because they attract ducks. And yet, they also attract mosquitoes... and other bugs... frogs, fish, stray Labradors. And yes, quite a few other things, as well.......

The two humans present, one recently quite unaware that he also was included in the above... well, both these humans, in this surrounded garden, could not help but note the sudden shift in air pressure, the slight pop in their ears as a Door that was not a door... Opened. Followed by an "Ahhhhh!" of surprise. Followed by a loud, wet splash. Followed by a very girlish squeee! of delight. And an equally girlish, yet soft, mature giggle. Sound of flailing in the water, as someone made their way out of the pond. And then, sound of very girlish voice...

... "Dada's all's a-wet!"

---------------------

Last edited:
Character: Alilah.
Interaction: Xy Soma @XycloneKiller - Deen @Roose Hurro

"Some men perform better than others," she replied with smirk. "Most men can't hold a candle to me in a fight."

She eyed him up and down. Something told her that he would be different. His pleasant demeanor would, no doubt, vanish when faced with a threat. Combat scenarios often did that to the nice people.

Before she could take the conversation further they were disturbed. Reality tore itself open! A rift, much like the one she had first come here through, ripped open in the sky above. And out fell a creature Alilah had never seen before. There were animals on earth that were somewhat similar to it. But this thing seemed to be some kind of an amalgamation of different animals. And there was more than one. Judging from the size disparities between them they seemed to be of varying ages. Perhaps a herd or flock of some kind, a family.

Alilah watched them closely. Their voices were all too human like. If not a little high pitched and girlish from at least one of them. There was no way to properly make sense of the situation. But Alilah was ready for a fight.