Obsessions

C

Celest

Original poster
i-dont-like-i-obsess.jpg

Big picture looks big... ANYWHO..
what's an obsession you have/had?

There was a time when I looovvveeedd Guild Wars 2 pvp. It was my life. I lived and breathed it. I wouldn't miss a stream. I watched every tournament. It was great. I obsessed sooo much that when I saw these tier one players chilling around Heart of the MIsts, I fangirled and took pictures.

Ostrich Eggs (Oeggs)
LFuFhftl.jpg

Noscock (Nos)
Dw70QoGl.jpg

MagicToker (Toker)
cU35Dxzl.jpg

Fivegauge (Chaith)
IBYwHWHl.jpg

Supcutie
y03vUOy.jpg

Caedelaide (Caed)
ad69g13.jpg

Phantaram (Phanta)
CYg1CK1.jpg

Java (i think it is anyway)
C7rycbF.jpg

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Kitti
Dunkin' Donuts Frozen Coffee. Just jam a damn IV needle in my arm and let me die in peace.

AAAAAAAAH

I LOVE

POKEMON

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED POKEMON. It was the first video game I ever played. And I have been in love with it ever since. I have filled two pokedexes, three if you count the Kanto dex in Pokemon Go. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, POKEMON GO FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Right now I'm wearing a t-shirt with all the Eeveelutions on it. God I love Pokemon so much.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I LOVE??

THE BEATLES!!!

I love the Beatles so much. The Beatles take up almost half of my vinyl collection. Probably more than half if we're also counting post-breakup albums from the individual members of the band. I need their musics to live in happy. There's a Beatles poster in my room right now, next to the framed cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I also have a Beatles lunchbox. I use it to hold my Pokemon cards. I have two of their movies on VHS. I have quite a few books about the Beatles -- more than I've had time to read. I also have a Beatles pen that I got last Christmas and never took out of the packaging -- mainly because I'd rather just look at it and appreciate it than use it. Paul McCartney is my DILF. I love them all so much.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I LOVE???

DOCTOR WHO

I feel like there are stages to falling completely in love with a TV show. At stage 1, you love it so much that you're blind to its flaws and reject all criticism that is brought up against it. At stage 2, you can acknowledge that the show has flaws, but you still love the show despite its flaws. At stage 3, you love its flaws. With Doctor Who, I am at stage 3. Yes, the continuity is a goddamn mess. Yes, a lot of the time travel plots don't make any sense. I love all of these things. They are just part of the show's charm for me. I've also watched (and love) the Classic series. Yes, the special effects are bad. I love the bad special effects. Also, the continuity is even worse in Classic Who (to say nothing of trying to keep the continuity straight between the two series), and I still love it. I love it when episodes in New Who make jokes about how bad Classic Who's continuity was, like that one episode that mentioned "three different versions of Atlantis", because Classic Who had three separate Atlantis episodes that had nothing to do with each other. Each writer just either didn't know or didn't care that there was already an Atlantis episode, and made up their own Atlantis story. I love it. Doctor Who is just one big, confusing, timey-whimey universe. And I love it. Peter Capaldi is my other DILF. I own a Doctor Who version of Clue, and of Trivial Pursuit. I also own a book that's called "Doctor Who: The Shakespeare Notebooks". And I bought it because I didn't understand what it was. But I did not regret that purchase. It's like... imagine Doctor Who, but re-written into Shakespearian language. Now imagine Shakespeare's plays, but with Doctor Who characters inserted into them. Now imagine the Doctor reading one of Shakespeare's plays, and marking up the page with constructive criticism and suggested revisions. These are all things I didn't know I needed in my life until I had it. Also I have a book that can tell you exactly how many times the Daleks have said "exterminate". But unfortunately, a lot of the information in that book became outdated soon after it was published, because the show is still running. But, as of the 2012 Christmas special, the Daleks said "exterminate" 469 times. They also caused 210 on-screen deaths, and they offered someone a beverage 7 times. Now you know.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I FUCKING LOVE??!!

TRIGUN

Trigun is my favorite anime of all time. Trigun means so much to me. Every time I re-watch this series, I get something new out of it. It feels like every time I re-visit this series, it's helped me reach some sort of emotional epiphany. This series helped me through some of my darkest times. This series helped me recover from being abused. Vash the Stampede is quite possibly one of my favorite fictional characters of all time. He's also a precious fucking cinnamon roll, and I love him. I have a chibi plush of Vash. I also have a wall scroll with him on it. I own the entire series (including the 2010 movie) on DVD. I do not own the entire manga series (yet) because some volumes are surprisingly hard to find. But I would like to point out that I own quite a few volumes IN JAPANESE. I can't even read Japanese, but it's still cool to have them. Volumes 1, and 3-6 of Trigun: Maximum, I own in both Japanese and English. I also own the special edition Trigun: Multiple Bullets manga. And I own volume 2 of the Trigun anime soundtrack on CD, which, I'll be honest, I mainly have for the title: "Trigun: The 2nd Donut Happy Pack". Because that's possibly the best title out of anything I own. Period. This CD also contains bonus audio drama tracks. But they're in Japanese. But that's ok, because you can easily find translations online and read along with them, so... that's cool. Did I mention I fucking love Trigun?

There are more things that I'm obsessed with. To be honest, I'm the type of person who kind of fixates on things for a while when it comes to the fandoms I like. I get deep into my enjoyment of a lot of things. And there are a lot more things I could list. But, these rants just keep getting longer and longer, and I'm kind of running out of steam, so, I think I'm going to cut it off here.

Last edited:
Freaking. Animé.

Pretty much breathe that stuff nowadays, with specific places in my heart for Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Code:Geass, Black Butler, Kino's Journey, Steins;Gate, One Punch Man, Heroic Legend of Arslan, and *takes deep breath* Owari no Seraph... to name a few.

Back in the day, I was a complete nut over Pokémon and Star Wars. Played every Poké game, read every SW book. It wasn't what you'd call "balanced." Now I'm a tad more casual about it all, but dear god is my brain still crammed with Pokémon/Star Wars facts. AND THERE ARE A LOT OF FACTS. *sigh*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Shiri
The Godzilla franchise, of course.

You sayin' Black Butler and the rest ain't good ones, is ya?
(ಠ o ಠ)¤=[]:::::>

Black Butler's good. But Kino's Journey is one where I see it and I just think "!!!" because, like... damn. You won't easily find anything else like Kino's Journey.

A sexy anime demon pulling his gloves on with his teeth and putting knives between his fingers like Wolverine? That's good. That's good stuff. But you can still find similar stuff elsewhere. But Kino's Journey is, well... a journey, and you can't easily find anything else like it.

Also, Kino's Journey has a talking motorcycle, for no good goddamn reason. And it's not the least bit anthropomorphized, either. It's just a normal-looking motorcycle, that can talk. And it can't even move on its own; only talk. That's really rare.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
YOU KNOW WHAT OTHER ANIME IS REALLY GOOD?

SAMURAI CHAMPLOO.

DAMN THAT'S A GOOD ONE. I got the whole series on DVD. Goooood stuff.

M A R I O S O U N D T R A C K S

Those games are just goldmine after goldmine of music (Wario's Goldmine for MKWii is ok I guess). Like, Airytale Castle from Wario Land: Shake It!? Daisy Circuit from MKWii, and the remix of it in M&S at the Olympic winter games in Sochi '14? The rocking Bowser's Castle theme from MK8? Space Junk Road from Super Mario Galaxy?

SMGalaxy, MK in general, and M&S@tOG is always bae, with others shortly behind.

I am a bit too mercurial to obsess much, I think.
A few things that probably get into obsession territory, however:
Mass Effect/Dragon Age - I don't bother getting into arguments with people about them but I personally love them as a whole, even though I am willing to acknowledge (and swear loudly, at times, while playing) their flaws.
Mango - would I eat mango on a pizza? Maybe a fruity dessert pizza. But probably not otherwise. But ice creams, candies... yes.

CATS. Yep. Obsessed. But that's something I feel everyone knows about me.

Gotterdammerung
>.>
<.<
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Inuyasha anime/manga. What dragged me into the whole anime dealio.

Game of Thrones show. It was pretty much the catalyst that made me active on Iwaku!

If I don't have anything else in mind, it must simply mean I don't obsess about it. :"D

I don't "like" Monster Hunter.

I EAT Monster Hunter.

I BREATHE Monster Hunter.

I SLEEP Monster Hunter.

I BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED Monster Hunter.

I.

LIVE.

MONSTER HUNTER.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
I own a bunch of DVDs.
Funny I was just talking about this with someone.

I was way into AMVs, and in order to get the best source footage you needed to rip DVDs (No easily accessible HQ downloads at the time). But I also was a huge otaku so buying DVDs was killing 2 birds with 1 stone. It then snowballed to DVDs of everything because why not. I sold about half my collection ~4 years ago due to hard times and have been in the process of buying them back & growing my collection since then.

The auto count in excel is only number of cases, not discs themselves (so entire season of 1 show would = 1 since all those discs are in a single box.).

I know I'm certainly not the largest collector of DVDs, but I am only one person, and plus selling half did put me back a bit, and also I only buy DVDs of things that I've seen & liked, so I'm not like, grabbing everything that seems a little bit interesting.

Anyways, yeah, DVDs.
Probably gonna switch to Blu Ray soon. So converting my existing stuff to BR is something I don't even want to think about (money-wise).

As someone that has struggled with depression and social anxiety most of my life. People. People that actually make me feel good. It's hard when you meet someone you feel safe and happy around. It's hard because it becomes an obsession. I inevitably end up pushing them away. And then I have to work up the courage to look again. Sadly RP is one of the few ways I'm comfortable meetin people and even then I feel the old anxieties kicking up.

Every once in a while I'll get into something-- a game, movie, book, etc. Then I obsess. I learn and I think and I watch/read/play it a few more times just in case.

I have to go with a version of Quetzal's answer. Up until the RP being the only comfortable way. I can totally meet people face to face, but the result usually ends up the same.

Boats, I guess? Exhibit A: My avatar and signature.

In elementary school, the only things I drew were ships. I'm still pretty into them, just shifted into the form of animu and games. I sink way too much money into World of Warships.

Starbucks coffee :|

Also, stuffed animals and fluffy blankets (basically fluffy things)

And metal

fucking metal dear lord

I love my metal