B

Bambi!!

Original poster

▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃

Yelling.

Growling.

Gunshots.

Silence.

The sounds were all too familiar, the instigators hardly flinching as their targets let out their last breaths in the form of blood curdling screams.

It was sick. Disturbing. It was Tuesday.

Perhaps an ordinary civilian's thoughts first thing in the morning usually wouldn't be about how much blood they could afford to lose that day. About how many people were going to die by their hands.

But the 14-year-old girl and strangely human looking wolf could hardly be considered civilian.

"W-Wait! Stop, stop-!" The pleading voice was cut off with a bullet being lodged into the bandits' brain. Narrowed scarlet eyes then glanced to the right, just in time to evade an attack by taking a step to the side with suspiciously inhuman speed, slamming her heel into the man's back and firing her engraved musket at his skull.

The figure cloaked in red didn't bother looking over at her companion, knowing he was doing just as well despite them being surrounded mere moments ago.

Thugs seemed to be a consistent problem around these parts, no matter how many they managed to eliminate. Every week there was a new gang terrorizing the townsfolk and giving them no choice but to recruit people like her and her partner, despite the fact that they had a bigger bounty on their heads than any of those poor bastards.

Nobody attempted to take them on willingly anymore, they knew that nobody was on their level.

Elizabeth wore a smug smirk on her face as the leader whimpered on his knees in front of them, surrounded by corpses of his own men.

"There, there," the girl cooed condescendingly, using the barrel of her oversized gun to cruelly pat his head, "You already know what happens to bad boys like you." It must be a lovely sight to see before death, she thought with unrestrained narcissism, yet the bandit didn't really seem to share the sentiment.

"No, no! Please, I-I'll do anything! I have wealth and connections just- Let me go free, I promise you won't regret- Ack!" His speech was interrupted by a harder hit on the head, Elizabeth now frowning.

"Ungrateful rat! You should appreciate this kind of end!" Red irises turned and met the matching ones of her partner with an angry expression that looked more like pout on her childish face. She nodded towards the man in a gesture that sent a clear message.

"Bye."

Perhaps this wasn't much of a children's fairy tale.

⟪ • ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ • ⟫

A little somethin' with the homegirl @Vivian (°◡°♡)
gave up on coding, probably gonna make it pretty later

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
⟪ ♰ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ▃ ♰ ⟫
Blood and gunpowder filled his nose while the sound of gunshots and screams rang in his ears. The dog-eared man didn't quite have a full comprehension of days of the week, but with how often his short-tempered Little Red complained about Mondays this had to be that day, right?

Unlike Elizebeth, he kept movement to a minimum, not bothering to go beyond a sudden side-step to avoid a sword or dagger from behind him. The bandits slowed to a stop or stopped altogether once they caught a glimpse of crimson eyes. A primal instinct in them telling them to not.

Do not anger the monster before them.

Do not move.

Do not catch his attention.

"Now, now," Xepher chimed with outstretched arms and a wicked grin that would drive ice into God's veins. "I'm sure if you ask at the gate God will forgive you with a smile." The Big Bad Wolf balanced the knife carefully between his fingers while he took careful steps towards the frozen man. "But," he stopped before a man, catching his chin between his index finger and thumb "If you're not a man of religion I suggest you pick a God and start praying."

His ears wolfish ears twitched when someone lunged towards him, twigs snapping and leaves crunching.

The poor soul had a better chance if he had just kept quiet and quietly slinked away, but of course, fear and rage drove people beyond common sense.

In one fluid motion, Xepher withdrew the sword at his side (this entire time he relied solely on tooth and claw, which left him looking rather gruesome), and in a way that looked almost effortless sliced through his attacker's throat. As he fell to the floor, his hands flying over to the gash in a frantic attempt to stop the blood that quickly stained the forest ground, the other was free of Xepher's hold.

Although he acted a little too late.

Xepher didn't keep his attention on the bleeding man for much longer, and within that same moment turned back around to drive the sword into the other's throat, the small glint of fear freezing him just centimeters away from the wolf's throat. The act looked as smooth as a ballroom dance.

He had to stop himself from wagging his tail as if he were a puppy that learned a new trick, the sound of Elizabeth's gun going off served as a well enough reminder. The barbarians that that started the fight with the duo began to scramble, some tripping over the sound of the gun like children over thunder.

The man let out a long and tired sigh when he removed his weapon from the now lifeless body, all he could smell here was gunpowder and carnage, and when her final shot was fired he let himself relax, or more like complain. "Can't you choose a less noisy method? Even a screaming child sounds and smells more pleasant than that thing." He would have to track down the few that escaped; he wasn't a man to leave loose ends untied after all.

• Love

There was always a certain pride that came from walking away from such a gruesome scene, making Elizabeth subconsciously add a subtle grace to her steps. When the bodies are discovered, it will instantly be known who was behind it. Truly empowering.

"I do not enjoy getting filthy." She sniffed at her partner, "Blood red does not match the red of my cloak. It's distasteful." One might think the girl was spoiled as a child, but it was quite the opposite. She simply groomed herself into the mindset, striving to be superior to all others.

Walking back to the city to collect their bounties was always a gratifying experience, especially seeing their client's faces when they manage to complete the hardest of tasks. The money wasn't bad either, of course. This was the life.

"Xepher, do you think we will be able to visit a hot spring soon?" The question was abrupt and somehow completely expected. "I've been thinking that we could use a good cleansing, not to mention that you're probably full of fleas by now." Really, even for her there were few things more amusing than teasing her companion about his canid genetics.

• Love
The man could only sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose at his partner's remarks. "So long as the spring doesn't have a thing against me lounging in my primal body then I don't really mind the idea." Xepher never felt clean if he washed in his more human looking form if anything it made him feel dirtier, to the point of agree about fleas. Although he couldn't tire himself to argue the subject, for what? The fifth time today? Although she wasn't wrong, and that fact left a bitter taste in his mouth. With each carefully placed step and every snarky comment, the wolf struggled to remind himself why he tagged along with her not so marvelous misadventures.

She was a child blessed by God's fortune and was yet to understand this. Xepher smirked as he wiped a streak of blood off his cheek, only smearing the stain "I think you've been getting smaller, Ellie," the man mused "You looked like you struggled to hold onto your gun through the entire ordeal, maybe switch to something smaller. Quieter even?" The poor dog's ears were still ringing with gunshots. If he tried, he could hear someone's heart beating or even listen to their blood move, but to seek to sharpen such a sense near the noisy self-proclaimed princess was asking for death.

• Love

Planting the barrel of her gun into the ground, she used it to jump forward a couple of times, turning her head and in a rare display of childish immaturity, stuck her tongue out at Xepher. "You wish!"

Light rain made the cobblestone streets wet, reflecting the yellowish light from the nearby lamp posts and dimly lit windows, somehow making the hellish town appear deceitfully warm. The city was cold, dark and gloomy, and it was unsurprising how many people lost their lives daily, often by their own hands as well. There was hardly anyone outside, and for good reason. A few beggars scurrying into their alleys, a uniform clad man rushing to meet someone who certainly was not his wife, thugs, criminals and lowlives. Not the place one would want to go on a honeymoon, certainly.

There's no place like home.

All heads turned to them when Elizabeth all but broke the tavern door open in a proud announcement of her arrival. Murmurs, whispers, fearful and even envious remarks all went directly to her head, inflating her already giant ego. "Doesn't this make you feel powerful?" She nudged at her partner quietly, eyes scanning for their client, "We're practically celebrities."

Xepher sighed at the girl's actions, but he didn't protest her childish behavior. If anything it gave him a sense of relief, she was still a child and he worried the constant fighting and bloodshed was holding her back from coming of age like other girls in her age group. Although he didn't quite understand what that was for her, he just knew she didn't dress or act like how others seemed to expect of her.

The man let out a small chuckled as he walked along the path with Elizabeth, the gentle glow of the lamps looked more like a giant firefly that wouldn't move. The false sense of safety was disgusting to Xepher, it put him on edge, expecting another fight to break out, but he didn't have to worry. The few that were out scurried away, some lingering just long enough to steal a mortified glance at the duo who walked without hesitation in their steps. Walking as if they owned the streets.

This was their territory after all. Of course, they owned the streets and everybody in it.

Once Elizabeth kicked open the door, in her usual princess level confidence, all heads turned to them. The place was warm, but the people inside weren't. Some looked as broken and chipped as the cobblestone road, others were just looking for a night rest, but once their foot stepped foot into the establishment, the crowd broke into a wave of murmurs, so many that Xepher found it difficult to sort out every bit of conversation. He'd be sure to remember the best ones, Elizabeth would like to hear the envious words of others.

"I suppose so, not that I'm weak with or without their praise." He didn't try and lower his voice, or try and be heard by the people. "I don't think we should walk around so casually if we are celebrities, not everyone would like us." Xepher sniffed the air, trying to help in finding the man, his eyes were useless in this situation, there was to much chatter and the scents were mingled together. Using his eyes would have made the search much faster. "You wanna handle the boring stuff? I want a drink."

• Love

"Yeah, yeah," she huffed, "I'm on it." She just loved old geezers with questionable motives.

Elizabeth weaved through the crowd that hurriedly stepped aside, the red garment a clear indication of her position among them. Nobody questioned how out of place she looked anymore, especially after countless drunken men had attempted to do things they shouldn't to someone of her age and turned up dead or with most of their bones broken, left to bleed out on the sidewalks. One would think that a duo with wanted posters plastered all over the city wouldn't stroll about as if they owned the place.

She smirked.

They owned the place.

"Djura!" she exclaimed upon spotting the hunched figure over the bar, stomping one of her boots on the floor. He winced and took a second to exhale and reluctantly turn to her, head bowed in contrast to her proudly raised chin. "Back door, go."

There were people, usually big, burly gangsters, who absolutely refused to show their intimidation to a little girl like her, their humiliation only revealing when she reduced them to a pleading mess at her knees.

And then there were people like Djura, who couldn't even look her in the eye.

"They've been taken care of, old man. Pay up." Her demand showed no trace of sympathy, hands impatiently placed on her hips. There was no room for that in this kind of town.

"You see..." He started hesitantly, eyes suspiciously darting to the front of the alley, "I need a little more time... I-I had to pay for my son's medicine and-." Elizabeth tuned out as she searched her mind for specific memory. Djura's son had been killed by the city guards not long ago after he broke into a shop for reasons irrelevant to her.

Scarlet irises flickered in the direction of the exit as soon as the running footsteps drew near, and then snapped back to Djura, "You filthy rat."

The guards were here.

It wouldn't be the first or last time they attempted to attack her, but today she felt particularly annoyed that the old man tried to set her up like this.

Inhaling a breath of air in exasperation, she took out three bullets out of her pouch and loaded them into her musket. Three bullets for three guards.

"Fancy seeing you again," her voice was completely monotone as she cocked her gun and pointed directly at them, "Even if you aren't quite the shining knights I was looking forward to."

Xepher let out a sigh of relief when the crowd parted for her to walk through, quickly closing behind her as she stepped closer to her destination. Without a second thought, he walked to the only place that mattered in the tavern, and that was the bar. Unlike Elizabeth, a crowd didn't part for him. The crowd didn't even seem to notice him without his icon of terror at his side. Frankly, he preferred it that way; it made him feel safer. Once seated he flagged down the bartender, who like everyone else who worked here, looked like he would rather be eating needles than being here.

"Water," Xepher said flatly. The first drink is always bad luck and should never be anything that wasn't water.

"Anything else?"

"Nah, that's it." He waved the man off to bring him his drink while he waited.

He couldn't listen in on Elizabeth's conversation and instead tried to focus on things that were closer to him. The drunk who was shrieking outlandish conspiracy theories against the church seemed like a good enough eyecatcher. Although, he didn't have much choice with the scene he was making. The drunken madman slammed his cup onto the surface counter in mindless outrage.

"Es uh fake urch!" He shouted, grabbing Xepher by his arm and bringing him closer to his preaching, the poor dog's ears pressed against his head "Aye cannibaliz the people I tell ya!"

"Sit down you old bat!" A man shouted from across the room; he could see a worker getting ready to kick the man out, after all speaking against the church so loudly only was asking for trouble. Xepher tried to push the man off him, but his grip was alarmingly strong. His nose twitched.

"Ye know anuthor thing?"

The place reeked of alcohol, including his unwanted chat buddy; it was only natural Xepher didn't notice sooner.

"I er they know what happened to Mary." The crazed man leaned in, a twisted smile exposing every crooked tooth in his mouth, and dilated eyes only reinforcing Xepher's suspicions, but the mention of Mary made him hesitate. Where had he heard that name? He didn't have time to sit on the thought; the stranger made a grab at Xepher's throat. The red flag finally caught fire in his head, their audience taking this more of a drunk banter than a serious issue.

Where the fuck was Elizabeth?

• Love
It was over before it even began. The guards were on the floor, rapidly losing blood and gasping for air as they took their last breaths while Djura looked on.

"That was a foolish plan." It wasn't the first time someone had attempted this, and she was confident it won't be the last. And it always turned out the same. "I think that payment is in order, unless you wish to end up like them, of course." Elizabeth felt empowered with her ability to throw around threats with no consequences. Not even the King could do that.

The old man's head was bowed when he turned back to her, "I should have known better." A purse of coins was offered into her hands which she took with a smirk on her face. There was no need to count them to be certain, he knew what would happen if everything wasn't in order.

"You should have."

Pushing the back door of the tavern open, the proud female was greeted by the unexpected sight of people making a ruckus bigger than usual, pushing past each for what surely wasn't the first time. Squinting her eyes through the crowd, it didn't take her long to spot her partner. "Xepher...? Xepher! What is this going on-?!" She yelled, stomping towards the scene before halting abruptly upon noticing the man in front of him. The situation clicked instantly but she refrained from intervention. Enough bullets have been wasted for the day, and she was fully confident her partner could take whatever was thrown at him at ease.