Not Without Honour

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Thank you for letting me know.

Blackberry, Strawberry, Blueberry, French Silk, Key Lime, Banana Cream

Not in any particular order...

I hate to do it, but here is where I need to be honest with myself despite wishing for a different outcome. It has been twelve days since I messaged @KageKaioh saying I was going to join. I have barely managed to work on my character in the time between then and now. Even with extra classes I should have been able to be done by now. I feel bad, especially because I really did think I was going to be able to make it work. But for whatever reason, all of my inspiration for this has culminated into a half-finished sheet, which realistically I do not think I will finish. I am terribly sorry. And may this roleplay be successful one.

No worries -- I totally get that, and I think everyone else has been there before, too.

Thank you for letting me know what was going on, Leyvan. I will admit that I am a bit upset that you won't be joining, but I completely understand. I appreciate your interest and effort, and I hope you manage to find inspiration soon, regardless of where it leads to.

Pie is a very serious discussion. Berry pies, fruit pies, meat pies, cream pies, vegetable pies, cheese pies. How does one choose? The answer is in the oft-forgotten vehicle that holds that delicious filling: the crust. Flaky, chewy, doughy, crisp, soft, crumbly- there are so many options. Of course, I am going to say my favourites are the ones I make: Black raspberry-rhubarb with a cinnamon-pecan crust that melts in your mouth and peach-gooseberry with a buttery, flaky whole wheat crust that rounds out the sweet-sour filling. I also make an amazing venison and parsnip pie with a chewy, herbed potato flour crust. My ego comes out when I talk about food. I'm not sorry.

I'm proud to say that I also make my own pie crusts!

I have to admit, though...I've never understood the appeal of rhubarb. Something about it just turns me off -- probably the texture. Thinking about it, I also can't stand celery, so it's very likely a texture thing... Either way, yes to the pie-making! I have a pie bird, and it's adorable. Lattice crusts are fun to make, too - even if I don't need the bird for them. Never be sorry for cooking.

I love the tartness of rhubarb, and if it is prepped properly, the texture hardly resembles celery. The key is to chop it small and let it simmer on very low heat for a long time, as if you were making jam. (Which I also do, I love strawberry-rhubarb jam) I've actually never used a pie bird, but I like to cut designs into the top crust, so a steam vent is not really needed. *smiles* I'm really not sorry, food is my passion.

Sorry for my infrequency lately. I just cut my phone service so I'm bumming Wi-Fi until further notice. Will still post as frequently as possible, if you factor in the short walk to the spot, response to my posts, and inspiration as it comes.

Thank you very much for letting me know, Verbal. I would appreciate it if you would continue to keep me informed, as best as you can, anyway. I do not want to end up hounding you for a post when you do not have the time or ability to. I know it sucks to get that kind of pressure.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: VerbalAbuse
Is anyone working on a post? If not, I'm going to get one up either tonight or Sunday-- I just don't want to interrupt someone if they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kage, I'm so sorry, I said I'd post soon, but I'm feeling kind of sick. Please excuse me. *dogeza.

I'm confused now... Where is Yurie in relation to Hiroyuki and Makoto?

I almost feel like we need a map of the residence and training grounds. ><

Inside the indoor training grounds, which is next to the outdoors training ground (I thought).

Dude might be sick, he wouldn't abandon this if he could help it

He doesn't seem like the type to, so I'd believe that. Perhaps his shoulder/arm is giving him trouble again? ._.

My absence has been due to mental health issues, not physical. Though I still have those aplenty. I am very sorry for disappearing as I did, but depression is a nasty beast with a particular fondness of making you give up on what you love most. However, I am starting to do better, and I am still very much wanting to and willing to work on this roleplay. That said, I understand if there are those who do not wish to continue. Having a GM disappear is a horrible letdown; I know I hate it when it happens, at least.

If anyone is willing to continue, I have a plan to overcome the stand-still we seemed to have fallen into.

I'm still game for this -- shit happens, no worries. c: