Not So Cold Hearted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eli scoffed then looked down at the young woman, "Dont be rediculous. Everyone thereis always happy and cheery and always willing to help out people. Now come on your coming and that is final." He takes her by the hand before she can protest and leads her out of the woods and into his village. Everyone turns around to see him. They smile and waved. He simply kept his expression emotionless and simply waved and walked over to some of the food stands with his head held high. He looked over at the people who were running the food stands, "This woman need some food."
They look at her then at him and smile, "Is this a friend?"
Eli shrugs, "Yeah sure why not?" Eli didnt really do the 'friend' thing with anyone... always a loner.
They smiled back at her, "Well then for you everything is on the house. "

I blush and look down at my feet, "I'm fine, really. I don't want to intrude on all of you." I turn to you and give a smile, feeling awkward and nervous around other people. "Thank you for showing me your village, it's beautiful and so are the people." I nod towards the congregation. "But I really must get...home." I trail off.

Eli stops her,"When was the last time you ate huh? Someone offers you food you should take it, "he looks down at her with his dark grey eyes, "I would give you about a few more days before you die from starvation."

I'm taken aback by your straightforwardness, "Maybe I've been trying to die." I whisper harshly between my teeth, "And I'm too much of a coward to do it with a weapon." My hair falls in front of my face and a couple strands catch between my lips while my hands tremble from a blend of fear, dehydration, and hunger.

Eli stares down at the girl then sighs. He lifts her chin up slightly so she is looking at his face and moves her hair out of her face, "Look... I dunno why you think starving yourself is the answer to your problems.... but its not." He gently sits her down on a chair and hands her a bottle of water, "Here... drink this..."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I take the bottle gratefully and unscrew the cap, bringing it to my lips. I shut my eyes in bliss as the cool water fills my dry mouth and rinses my throat. Once I've finished about half of the bottle I let out a sweet sigh, "I don't know why you're helping me, but I'm thanking the fates for it."

Eli lets out a sigh, "Yeah, yeah dont mention it... now you need to eat something and I am not going to leave you alone until you do." He crosses his arms looking determined.

I shake my head and flash a weak smile, "If it keeps you with me, I may never eat." I look up at you, my eyes exposing my desperation for love.

Eli blinks.... he clearly did not expect that. He rubs the back of his neck then scowled... but it was obvious he didnt mean this scowl, "Alright fine... then if you dont eat then I will leave..."

I straighten my back at the unexpected scowl, feeling rejected. "Fine, I'll eat." I murmur, picking at the nailpolish on my fingertips anxiously.

He smiles a bit, "Good." He grabs one of each food from each stand and puts it on a plate and gives her the plate and a fork, "Here you go..." he grabs a seat and sit just across from her.

The color returns to my cheeks as I eat, taking small delicate bites as if I were royalty. "Why are you helping me?" I question before I take a swig of water to wash down the food.

Eli blinked, "Are you kidding me? Because you looked like you needed help of course... You look like you havent eaten in days. I couldnt let a fellow demigod just die that way."

Disappointed with your response I continue eating, staring down at the food as I guide it into my hungry mouth carefully. "And if I were a mortal? Would you leave me to starve?"

Eli scowled, "Believe it or not I am not that heartless... of course I would still help!" He sighs, "Besides... I can never help myself. I always have to help a woman in need..."
He then adds, "Especially a pretty one..." but he mutters this.

I put my fork down gently along with my empty plate onto the table. I allow some strands of hair to fall in front of my face to hide the pink blush of my cheeks. Catching my bottom lip in between my teeth and then releasing it just as quickly I contemplate my response. " I-I never thought you were heartless, it was just the way you worded it..." I trail off, "either way, thank you for the compliment. I don't get them often."

Status
Not open for further replies.