Nintendo President has passed away

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by SacredWarrior, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just learned recently that the president and CEO of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, passed away at the age of 55 from a growth on his bile duct. When I first heard the news, I honestly thought it was some kind of joke. But unfortunately it's real :( This saddens me right in the feels and I think my gaming heart just broke.

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 4
  2. I know that feel.

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
  3. It is a sad day, indeed. He'll be missed.

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 2
  4. Rest in Heart Pieces, Iwata. May the triforce be with you in your journey to the afterlife or your new life (for those who believe in reincarnation). -puts hat on chest- You will be missed. -sits in corner and sobs-

• Love Love x 1
  5. Thinking about a Nintendo avatar now....

• Like Like x 2
  6. yeah, all them guys now hitting 50s/60s. face it, gamers, we're about as many generations in as the game systems themselves.

7. [​IMG]

Good bye Iwata. You saved Earthbound. You created one of the hardiest and once most innovative gaming companies in the world. You helped shape my childhood. May you sit like a giant on mushroom throne, while guarding the triforce and awaiting the return of Giygas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Nice execution! Nice execution! x 1
  8. I don't know what to say, I knew it would happen someday but... I'm still really sad...

Iwata, if it wasn't for him, who knows how utterly depressed many of us who turned to gaming in times of need would be. He has worked hard to change the world, and has succeeded in turn.

I hope Nintendo will honor him for what he is and always will be.

• Love Love x 1
  9. With his baby Metroid to protect him, he is the only hope to save the Lylat System.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. We better start cryogenically freezing Miyamoto

11. A friend of mine wrote a piece on him that I feel is fitting here.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.