Nightlife OOC and Profile Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also since I feel like it, i'm gonna go ahead and post my OC's theme. Because it's also what I got pretty much everything about her from. :P

Theme:

Type O Negative and Vampires go hand in hand. Plus they're awesome.

Maiya Weiss

Race: Seer

Residence: Mystic's District

Personality: Maiya is calm and content, she holds a loving gentle heart. Although do not mistake her open-mind and tenderness for a naive streak. She is quite knowledgeable and although her abilities are in no way an offensive trait, she holds power over so many bonds her logic can ruin a person. She is quiet, but friendly to everyone. Attempting to always see the good in people, but cautious about her own safety. She will not speak unless spoken to, and prefers to keep herself to herself.

Bio: Maiya was always gifted, she does not remember a night gone by where dreams had not revealed to her the out comings of what the future held. That is, of course, how it all started. A birth defect lead Maiya to be born blind. It was almost a fortunate coincidence that she was also born with a gift of sights in other natures. Apart from relying on her other four senses, Maiya's visions were able to portray the world to her in another way. The spaces she surrounded herself in where given to her mind in lights. She could paint a picture of the world with the signals nature would feed back to her. To her it appeared light colours, shadows, a programmed code which linked up with her conscious state. This is how she grew up, and also how she found a love for painting. Even her art is so recognisable that it astounds people how she is able to decipher what colour to use in her masterpiece's.

All of these factors aided her as she grew up, and found her own feet in the world. Her family were supportive of her, and so they sent her to school where other gifts like hers were recognised, to a place called Sundown City. Here she took classes in a rather mundane setting, but late in the evening would attend the Mage academy to adapt on her powers, understand them further. She knew, however, that her gift was in no way as impressive as the majority of her peers, but this didn't stop her from learning the other abilities she had.

From here on, Maiya was a new person. She currently still attends school but works in the local library as thing on the side. Occasionally practising her hidden talents on the acquaintances she meets everyday, without their knowledge of doing so.

Powers: Heightened Senses:- Her hearing, smell, taste, and touch are all increased by 25% due to her loss in vision.
Visual Images:- She is able to see the world around her through her supernatural abilities, images are fed into her mind of her surroundings.
Psychic Capabilities:- Her gift enables her to have visions of the future, whether it be seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, years.. etc. She is able to predict what will occur in the times coming. However, the future can always change.
Empathetic Qualities:- Her connection with nature allows her to link with another persons aura, or energy source. Through this she has a certain capability to manipulate emotions, and sense peoples emotions and thoughts around her.
Telepathic/Telekinesis:- This is something which Maiya is still in training with. She is working on reading thoughts correctly, however right now she can only pick up on certain words, and the occasional sentence. Although these words and sentences are very hard to unpick and decipher as they are so quiet. So as of yet, she relies on her Empathetic abilities to pick up on 'unsaid' things with the persons emotions. She is also unable to move objects with her mind as of yet, but can do something simple like flip the pages of a book.
Familiar Touch:- With a touch, Maiya is able to channel her thoughts into the other persons mind. Allowing them to familiarise themselves with what is in her mind, she can reflect on visions, show them what she see's, etc.

Alright, both of your profiles have been accepted! They will be up on the front page in a few minutes. In the mean time, I declare this RP officially open; so go ahead and set up your characters. :D

Quick question, how would I go about talking with the Eclipse leader, maybe starting a mission with Hiruma? Just head for the Moonshine Club and see what happens?

The bartender'll guide you in the right direction.

(Yeah, just head to the Moonshine Club and ask for the leader. Since you're an ally, you should be recognized.)

Name: Nolan Vale, but prefers to be called Nova (Nolan Vale. Get it?)
Race: Human
Residence: Residential District. He lives in one of the cheapest houses there.
Occupation: Player for the Sundown City Reapers. Although he works there, he is sceptical and thus plans to join The Eclipse to get more infos.
Personality: At his best times he is just and protective. At his worst stubborn and Authoritarian.
Although he trusts his own ears more than rumors he is a bit naive and will at least doubt rumors that he thinks are interesting.
He may not have many but he cares much for his friends and tends to hide his own problems when he knows that they would be worried because of it.
If his personality had to be summarized it would be: Mind-sharpened with steel, soul bound by friendship, cold and warmth, an unshakable resolve.
Bio: Short version: He lost his family when his home was under attack. Since then he travels the world. To make a living, he takes almost any job he can get, which sometimes brings him into more trouble than he wants.
Powers: Chaos Force
Nova channels his unusual energy, which he refers to as "Chaos Force", for special techniques and perform supernatural feats such as increased strength, improved reaction time and higher jumps, but also energy projectiles, teleportation and barriers
To utilize it's full use, he created 3 fighting styles which use it to adapt to almost all situations.
Appearance
(To prevent a wall of text, i left details about his story and powers out. If you want to know it all, feel free to check out his profile in my blog)

Last edited:
Reactions: Solistor
Looks pretty good. Football-playing mercenary, eh?

Well you can't say that you have ever heard of/seen someone like this, can you?
Anyway. Got any questions about him or can i begin?

Last edited:
I can't, actually. Was only musing; didn't want to seem patronizing by putting something like "Ohhh, interesting character, ja" because I end up doing that too often.

No questions from me, go right ahead!

Glad to hear that. Just one question from me though to prevent a little mistake on my part. American football or Soccer?
You see: I am from germany, and Soccer (Fussball in german) can easily get confused with American football around here. Don't ask why it is called like this here. I have no idea.

Oh, I apologize; I meant to say American Football. I'm entirely aware of soccer being called Football in Europe, it just slipped my mind. >_> Sorry 'bout that.

Nah. Don't worry about it. Couldn't expect for a european roleplayer to show up after all.
Your post appeared out of nowhere for me. Want me to edit mine or keep it as it is?

Unless you're puttering around in the Sunset Lounge, just keep it as is. :F

Name: Neerin Volta
Race: Psiforged
Residence: Currently stays in the Welson Park area.
Personality: Soft spoken, doesn't like confrontation, and generally sheltered as a person.
Bio: Created in the nearby town of Chagford by an eccentic old man, who died once his 'creation' awoke. In his second year of life, Neerin was exiled, unable to show his face or speak with his voice without having his respect stripped from him on the spot. What could cause such widespread and outright hatred of a person to the point of infamy? The answer is simple, someone lied. Neerin was a Virologist researching certain strains of cold virus at the city's university when there was an outbreak of salmonella, a bacterial infection of the intestines. At the end of the winter, nearly half the human-centric city was dead or dying to the disease. What had actually happened was that a food company skipped an important safety check on their product. Causing incredibly diseased foods to wind up on the Christmas dinner of nearly all of the city's residents. With a harsh winter ahead of the city, families were huddled together in cold houses, forced to rely on home remedies until the snow would melt or be dealt with in order for them to seek the medical attention they desperately needed. Once the damage was done, and the cities residents decimated, someone would have to be blamed. The city council looked to the food company, who denied all allegations, turning the wrath of the citizenry upon Neerin Volta, calling the recently graduated researcher a "Mad Scientist", "Bioterrorist", and, being his race, a "Freak". A criminal investigation went underway, and nothing really added up, with Neerin's profession as the study of viruses, not bacterial infections. The populous claimed forensic incompetence due to lack of manpower, and shunned Neerin at every opportunity, he lost his research grant, his home, and his friends. He had to move somewhere new.
Powers: No powers of note, but does have an acute sense of disease and can pinpoint medical problems easily.
Appearance: Replace the robe with a T-Shirt/jeans, and remove the crystals. I'll maybe have a hand-drawn pic soon. http://i.imgur.com/5Hl8SHU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted; post whenever you like

A psiforged is like a golem but designed to be smart and alive rather than strong and dumb.

I express interest as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.