Night Owl or Day Lark?

Which most accurately describes your natural rhythm?

• I sleep during daylight and am awake all night

• I sleep relatively late and am up into the middle of the night

• I wake up in the mid-morning and go to bed a few hours after dark

• I am an early riser and go to bed with the sun

• I am an alien whose rhythm doesn't fit any of these and I am mad at Mini for not including me >8(

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 'day' for me varies between around 18 hours and 36...

Darkness fuels my power

Work second shift. Sometimes wake up early for some other task. It all depends.

Awake until 2-3-4am most times though.

Sleeping past noon makes me feel like a worthless individual though.

A lot of people have expressed that even though they're naturally active at night, they dislike sleeping during the day because it feels wasteful.

I wonder how much of this is the social construct that it's better or healthier to be/feel alert during the day, and how much is the simple fact that - because so much stuff shuts down at night - it's harder to be productive at night even if you do feel more alert and active during that time.

A lot of people have expressed that even though they're naturally active at night, they dislike sleeping during the day because it feels wasteful.

I wonder how much of this is the social construct that it's better or healthier to be/feel alert during the day, and how much is the simple fact that - because so much stuff shuts down at night - it's harder to be productive at night even if you do feel more alert and active during that time.
For me it's because I like mornings despite the drudgery of crawling out of bed they make me endure.

Claiming it's a social construct is silly though. We're mostly a diurnal animal with the ability to function at night thanks to technology. Our eyes are garbage in the dark and even a common dog or house cat is leagues above us. I'd argue it's just nature.

Claiming it's a social construct is silly though
You can definitely make a good argument that it isn't, but let me nip this right now:

---whether or not a social construct exists which normalizes daytime activity and/or stigmatizes night activity is a subject for a new thread---

I'm an alien who doesn't fit any of these Rhythms, and @Minbit will never find mine. Because I quite simply do not have a rythm.

My sleep schedule changes on the fly, usually dependent on what times I have nothing to do (and therefore sleep early) or when I get hooked on a game (so I'm up non-stop). On average(ish) I'm a night person, awake when others are sleeping. But for the past 2 weeks I've fit something where I wake up around 6-7 AM and go to bed a few hours past midnight... Which sounds completely normal, but this is anything but normal for me! O_O

(I have no idea why Night Owls pair better with Morning People though... Like, wouldn't you guys almost never see each other?).

have no idea why Night Owls pair better with Morning People though... Like, wouldn't you guys almost never see each other?
It refers to your natural genetic cycle, not your lifestyle. Plenty of night owls live a day lark life and visa versa

It refers to your natural genetic cycle, not your lifestyle. Plenty of night owls live a day lark life and visa versa
Oh... That would make more sense then.
I'm guessing it's something along the lines of the natural day person gives them extra energy/motivation?

Reactions: Minibit
I am most def a night owl. I function better at night and wish -WISH- i could work/live/play durring late hours. It's super hard for me to fuction from 6am to 5pm.....which are the hours I get up and work lol. Maybe someday I will be able to live at night. I did it for a while and it was awesome, I was always well rested and life was good.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I am most def a night owl. I function better at night and wish -WISH- i could work/live/play durring late hours. It's super hard for me to fuction from 6am to 5pm.....which are the hours I get up and work lol. Maybe someday I will be able to live at night. I did it for a while and it was awesome, I was always well rested and life was good.
Omg describe my life more >.<

I slip into this kind of life every time I have a week or more off, and then it just sucks so hard when it's over and I have to readjust :(

I tend to stay up until midnight-2, and when I don't have early commitments, I'm up around 10-11. Expect when I have 8:30 class... then I still go to bed at 1 but die in the morning. Opps? I am SO much more productive at night!

*Notices friends have now moved back, starting college and shit again*
*Finds his own Sleep Schedule resorting back to two naps in the middle of the day*

Forget my earlier comment.
My bizarre sleep schedule is coming back full swing.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Oooh that makes more sense =P

I misunderstood
It's fine, my use of the word 'Moving' likely made things confusing. :P

Plants are up and going all times of the day. The common misconception that we are inactive during the night like you meat creatures is in fact wrong. However, as there is no light at night, we break down sugars and emit Carbon Dioxide, just like you!

neZeCjJ.png

It appears there has been another misconception. Us plants cannot experience your recreational intoxication.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.