Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once upon a time I used to be called Doo. There was another girl in my friend group for a couple years also named Megan. Her last name started with S and mine with D. We were Scooby and Doo. I think I got shafted on that.

Aside from that, my name is pretty straight forward and in no need of shortening. And when it does get shortened it's to obvious things like Meg, Meggy, Meggers. But all of those are pretty much used in passing and never very consistently.

I used to be Celestialis on Iwaku up until a few months ago. Most people called me Celest. There is also Cel, Cely, Celesty. I had one dude who isn't around call me Celery. Another most recent nickname is Toast. It didn't catch on with anyone but on person here. He still calls me that offsite.

In the gaming community I'm Adyleigh. Shortened down to just Ady. Who woulda thunk? I have a few friends who I met through my games who call me Ady IRL. Then there is Adypops, as one friend affectionately calls me.

I like nicknames! It makes me feel special when I get given them.

Reactions: Mason Moretti
In real life, I am Bengal. I think it's based off of a few letters of my last name. In my family, for a small period when I was little, I was Chicken Biscuit (my initials are CB) and Laser Pig.

Online, I am known as Pala by most, some people know me as Silver (these are references to The Silver Paladin, which is my previous name.). I've been called Mine, and at least one user calls me Rei on Discord.

I get called B, Bell, BePretty (a play on my IRL name), Ms. B.
My husband just calls me babe. Self-explanatory.
My grandfather however has always called me Tee Tee. I don't know why. Nothing in my name even had a T in it. He just started doing it one day as a kid and half my family calls me that.
Sometimes my family refers to each other as Mangoes. Like "Hey Mangoes. What you doing Mangoes? or Hey Little Mangoes!" There's a story behind that somewhere. I just don't know it. It happened between my mom and her brother and potentially the purchasing of mangoes. Its been years and they still call each other Mango.

Cut off the last half of my name and you get what everybody calls me that knows me. I treat it like my true name.

But I change frequently here, and it's all short names, so not sure what you can call me. I misstyped it one time, Flan, a delicious dessert I crave but have never had, so there's that.

//sneaks in
My rl friends usually call me hao in short of my real name ( I really liked it so I stuck with it)
My online friends usually call me by several names thanks to someone @BlackHaru

Pistachi/Pistachio- This was one of the hilarious things I came up with since I loved penguin and this I used to go to had a filter where when you input pistachio it turns into penguino, so for the rest of my time on that site I usually go by that name

Bob- I don't really remember how this started but I do remember a bit of it where @BlackHaru started it and usually all of my friends insist on calling me this (including some of my rl friends who found out about my internet life)

Boob - I think this started because @FieryCold kept elongating my insufferable nickname and it stuck, now when I piss off ricey she gives me breast cancer. People who called me this and other variations of this are @Nemopedia , @darkflames13 and other else.

Turns out, you can't choose your nickname, you often get stuck with a nickname that you won't like at first but you will learn to accept it, end up turning around every time someone says that word in real life. It's really awkward but, I'm an awkward penguin so, I guess it works out in the end. lel

Dis is gonna be a long list

Margie / Marge / Marj - shortened forms of my second name. When I was younger, my friends and family used to call me Margie/Marge. Around the time when I (or rather, my mom) was making my first email add, I changed the spelling of my nickname from Marge to Marj. It kinda stuck so now I go by that irl. The only people who call me Margie now are @Fish, a couple of relatives, and elementary school friends who I haven't seen in 5ever.

Marga - another shortened form of my second name. Mostly my relatives from my father's side of the family calls me this. One of my college friends found out about it and now calls me by it.

Ana - my first name. I usually introduce myelf as this when I'm talking to people in the industry? Does that make sense? XD During my internship, I introduced myself as Ana to my co-workers. They're pretty much the only ones who called me Ana, though I think there were also a few professors in college who did as well. Oh! and my English teacher back in high school.

Darky / Dark / Flames / Flamesy - nicknames I acquired during my time at a site called Otakuzone (OZ). My closest friend on OZ (before I met Ricey / @FieryCold) at the time called me Darky. Not sure if she was the first to call me that. A lot of people called me Dark / Darky cause of my username (which is still the same one that I'm using here). Not sure how many people called me Flames. I think there wasn't a lot of them. Flamesy was from Ricey, I think? I'm honestly not sure but I recall someone calling me Flamesy at one point.

Yin - I made played a character called Yin in a club role play in OZ once upon a time. It was a small group that I roleplayed with--I think there was only 4 of us? Anyway, for some reason we all called each other by our character names outside of roleplay for a preeeetty long time. Eventually, me and the other two people in the roleplay stopped calling each other by our character names ooc (I think it was after we all added each other on Facebook), but the gm still called me Yin for some reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Skyflakes / Flakes - Skyflakes is a brand of crackers that can be bought here, tho I believe it can also be found in other countries--anyway, this was the food nickname bestowed upon me by Ricey after I gave her Cold Fried Rice.
xETKNY6.png

Flakes - Shortened form of Skyflakes. @FieryCold @Nemopedia @HaoHaou @BlackHaru are mostly the ones who call me this.

Snowflakes - My current nickname on a discord server. I have absolutely no idea where it came from. Did a quick search on the server chat, and from what I can see, I just suddenly had the urge to change my nickname into Snowflakes on January 2nd. xD I think I was feeling festive. idk.

Bones - At one point @firejay1 used to call me this. I changed my Skype name to Tempest around the time I joined the Hoggy roleplay she was in which had a Skype ooc group chat. I believe she called me that cause my name then reminded her of a character from the tv series called Bones? xD

Fizzles - Got this one from the admin of the site called Otakunetwork. His explanation for it was that my name (darkflames13) was like a fizzling out fire.

Flamu - Nickname given to me by an rp friend who went by the name of ZEROX on OZ and ON.

Nyx - @Princess Misaou calls me this. It comes from the other name that I frequently use online which is Nyxione.

Mark - My friend irl accidentally called me Mark one time. We joked how that would be my guy name and it stuck. At one point my discord nickname on a server was 'Mark Flay-Akes' which was supposed to be my character in a riddiculous roleplay we were planning xD

Anddd, I think that's all of them (I think). xD

Last edited:
I used to be called Marge because of my middle name. I was called Sierra Mist for a very short time because it sounds a bit like my first name I guess? My dad had a pet name for me that I will refrain from posting because then you would all know my name 8D

In high school, I had black hair and a friend with the same name. She had platinum blonde hair. She was White *our name* and I was Black *our name*. They eventually realized how bad it sounded, and quit after a while. Then we were Right and Left, and *our name* One and Two. I'm pretty sure I was Left and Number Two, because I was too quiet and complacent to fight for my rights.

Otherwise, my name is hard to make a nickname out of because it's so short. I have had many online nicknames though, including, but not limited to: Cho, Spades, Queenie, and now Tari.

Skyflakes / Flakes - Skyflakes is a brand of crackers that can be bought here, tho I believe it can also be found in other countries--anyway, this was the food nickname bestowed upon me by Ricey after I gave her Cold Fried Rice.
xETKNY6.png
All these memories. :') Still can't believe that was 5 years ago.

Also..

YOU FORGOT "MOTHER FLAKES". D:

All these memories. :') Still can't believe that was 5 years ago.

Also..

YOU FORGOT "MOTHER FLAKES". D:
5 years? It honestly feels like it was just yesterday. :'D

I actually remembered about that one after finishing the list. Was just too lazy to add it, but now that you've mentioned it... xD

Mother Flakes / Saint Mother Flakes - Nickname bestowed to me by @FieryCold and @Nemopedia. I used to (and still do) tell Ricey and Pluvy to go to bed when it's late thus leading them to call me mother. The saint bit came a little later. Forgot why and how I became a saint.

Snowflakes - My current nickname on a discord server. I have absolutely no idea where it came from. Did a quick search on the server chat, and from what I can see, I just suddenly had the urge to change my nickname into Snowflakes on January 2nd. xD I think I was feeling festive. idk.
It was because it started snowing here for the first time in a long while. You first changed the wrong name into Snowflakes (@FieryCold) and then went on to change yours while we started to talk about Jon Snow.

The tangents of that conversation, man. :'D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: darkflames13
My friends in real life call me Sensei.

Yes. And I'm the one who quite decidedly has a slight disdain of most anime and has little knowledge of Japanese culture. Apparently, it means 'teacher' or something. Huh.

Grand is my greatest and most common identity on the interweb. It stemmed from Grandmaster of the Swordsworn which was my first ever username and Grand is the name I love the most. It is not a nickname but rather my online identity.

Ryn is another name I'm fond of. Someone called me that somewhere and I liked the sound of it. It's an anagram of the last three letters of Cadeyrn which is something I've also taken as an official name for me. I have claimed quite a handful of names as my own unofficially official names.

Sword is a rare nickname, called by a specific few friends whom I always delighted to see. It stems from Grandmaster of the Swordsworn as well.

And then there's Rynnie and Swordie. I am determined to bear these names stoically.

Last but without a doubt, not the least, Aussie. @Kimberlyn gave me this name. I now declare myself THE Aussie. No offence meant to any of my countrymen out there, however.

I have a question, though. Why do my friends, specifically some of my female friends, always insist on adding 'ie' to the end of my nicknames? Food for thought.

This isn't a comprehensive list at all, I've probably been mentioned by some other things now and then. These are just recurring ones!

• Love
Reactions: Rae
People IRL call me Kitti sometimes. It's similar to my real name and a bit of an affectionate nickname (though I have a more "normal, businesslike" nickname too). This is, at times, shortened to Ki.

Some people (including some family) call me Kitkat. There's also Kitters (I think that this one is @Xnijmai 's fault) and Kits. One of the more amusing ones, whose creator is now long-gone, was Kittibitti.

my Parkour and fighting nickname was given to me by my coach: Rocko

I was born in the 80s and previously used to box, so Rocky comes to mind

"rock" is also a good word to apply to someone who fights, hits hard, can take hits, etc

also, I'm a very charismatic, approachable, and fun person to be around, so there's an element of incongruity with me being a fighter

for these reasons and a few others, Rocko was the name given to me and I wear it proudly!

My name in real life is Pat, but I ended up earning the nickname Patch. Partly because I loved 101 Dalmations at the time, but when I was little, I had to wear a patch over my right eye because I had surgery on my left, and we were trying to get it to function properly(or something I don't know the whole story.)
When I was a wee toddler, my left eye was a lazy eye, and when I got seriously tired, it would just flop over to the left side of my face. So, I got surgery on it to where the doctors had fixed the muscle tissue in my eye.
So several years later, I wore an eyepatch, and that was when I earned that nickname.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Every nickname other people have given me I've always hated. xD

So I give myself a nickname and hope it sticks. I have been in online communities for a super long time, and I used to be pretty active in IRL meetups of said communities. So, it came to pass that my screenname online would become my nickname irl for people who met me with my screenname first. So those "nicknames" are/were: SQ, Q, and Bornes. SQ I grew out of, Q just seems weird now because I associate it more with my OC of the same name than myself, and Bornes I just never personally liked being called for some reason- I guess I don't like the way it sounds.

Just last year I changed most my screennames to Vardoger, and I decided that the nickname for that was gonna be "Vars." It hasn't caught on. That's fine, though, because "Vars" seems like a name for an asshole highschool bully.

What I would really like to be called is Jay. I've never actually asked anyone to call me that though, so obviously nobody has. It's probably a name I'll end up not liking later, so it's not a big deal. But for some reason I just really like the idea of my name being Jay.

My actual legal name is a pretty common name and pretty short. I don't get nicknames often because there's no need- and when I do get nicknamed they're really stupid (imo) degrading petnames.

I don't have any feelings about my actual name one way or the other, really. I don't feel too connected to it, but I don't hate it, so I don't mind people using it. I've been pretty "meh" about names most of my life (except petnames, those anger me).

I will call people whatever they want to be called, except in really specific cases. Only one of which I can think of right now- somebody's nickname when I met them was "Sensei." I couldn't do it (meaning of word + personal feelings attached), so I asked for some sort of compromise, and I ended up calling them Sen.

Last edited:
When I was little, my mom once said I was being a "Sass Muffin", and it kind of stuck, at least with my immediate family. Sometimes they would say the full thing, and other times it would just be sass, or muffin. The irony is that I'm not sassy at all. I'm very quiet, and tend to be submissive by nature.

Reactions: firejay1
Status
Not open for further replies.