New Years: Resolutions, Regrets, Accomplishments and Goals

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
We all knew this thread was coming. If you didn't, no cookie for you.

Anyways, I got around to thinking, what were some of everyone's accomplishments, failures, etc this year? do you feel accomplished? what do you hope for next year?

Regrets:
Accomplishments:
Goals:
Key Points of 2013 for you:
Do you keep a resolution?:
What do you hope for next year?:
And last, what is the best memory of 2013?:
Song of 2014:

Regrets:

I regret losing a friend thanks to lack of attention. I should have seen the signs.

I also really regret giving into my temptation to smoke, so now I have to wait a full year for a surgery.

Also I regret giving my brother a third chance.

Accomplishments:

I feel like I have accomplished quite a bit this year. I moved into a studio apartment with my cat, and without baggage for once. I have cut out drama from my life as of 12/26/13, and I have led a full life thus far. I have found a gift in writing, and organizing (my apartment however yeesh man). I've also managed my budget to the point where I know where each and every cent goes.

Also I came out as openly gay for the first time and wasn't attacked with my family's issues.

Goals:

Live life to the fullest, find someone possibly, finished my book by 2025, get my other cat home

The negatives:

-Lost a brother
-Lost a great friend
-Had multiple mental breakdowns
-Trouble with the family
-Foster/street brother lost his kid
-Had to leave my other cat with my foster mother

The positives

-Got a new job that pays very well
-Moved into a new apartment (studio!)
-Have my kitty with me now
-Going to school
-I'm alive
-I've realized that I am not stupid
-I found Iwaku (seriously if my book is published donations will be made to this place!!!)

No, because you shouldn't have to set only one goal just to ignore/forget it later on

That I survive passed the first day. Seriously.

Honestly so many good things happened to me this year that I don't know.

Song of 2014:

• Love
Reactions: Levusti
Well then, lets see!

Regrets:
It's kind of regret and kind of not. I had family drama back in April and it was pretty bad. I banned someone from my house. I feel 100% like I made the right decision, but I still wish it hadn't come to that and that it was resolved. :( It's pretty much killed my love of planning family gatherings, cause there's no way for me to do it without it being uncool and awkward. But it's something I feel very strongly about and refuse to let go without an apology. At this point I don't know what to do about it anymore. T____T

Accomplishments:
HOLY CRAP, I CAN PAINT. I had no idea. O____O I have always liked art and I have painted once or twice before in the past, but omg. I can actually paint. I can paint GOOD. I am very pleased about that.

IWAKU IS NUMBER ONE. NUUUUMBA OOONE.

Goals:
I want to smile and play every day. To be content with life. I have been there before, I can be there again!

ASS. MORE ASS. DOUBLE ASS. FUCKING ASS COCK ASS. FUCK.

And then IWAKU IS NUMBER ONE. 8D

I don't make resolutions, cause I never keep them. t____t

I really, really hope that those things that have been so shitty this year finally get resolved. I am ready for life to change and to start making it's climb back in to awesometown. I want to paint more. Enjoy holidays. Take a trip. I wanna run an epically badass forum roleplay!

IWAKU IS NUMBER ONE.

Song of 2014:

*glances around.* >> ...... <<.....

I AM TIIIITAAAAAAANIIIIIUUUUUUUM...!

Regrets:
-I didn't do many things wisely.
-I had a chance to give up cigarettes, and I was doing good for a while! But I gave into temptations.
-I didn't spend money wisely. I purchased things on impulse that could have DEFINITELY been used for better things.
-I haven't been exactly the nicest guy, lately. My personality's changed as my opinions and perceptions change--maybe not for the better.
-I've become distant with the majority of my friends. I really don't know who to call a close friend, honestly.
Accomplishments:
-I've completed my classroom sessions of my MLT program without a hitch! Now I just gotta do well in clinical practicum and I'm a full fledged lab tech!
-I've been able to broaden my knowledge on many things of the real world. I feel like I'm more empathetic now.
-I've truly come to terms with my sexuality and my love life! I'm understanding more about myself and not being afraid of it, either.
-I've learned how to do more things on my own as an adult now! I feel so independent!
-I've made new friends!

Goals:
-Lose weight!
-Become knowledgeable!
-Understand others!
-Be wise in how I live my life!
-Be the truest me that I can be!

-Made friends of a different culture and age, so I see things very differently!
-My best friend's having a family crisis, and it's affecting my family too...but we're all learning how make do.
-Though being around only women most of the time has been trying, they've helped me understand my emotions and help me learn to accept it.
-I understand what it is now to struggle financially. That's helped me grow stronger and wiser.
-Meeting people from all walks of life makes me realized how blessed I am to be in the circumstances I'm in--and how much I take it for granted each day.

Not all of my resolutions are upheld. However, some of them I keep! I made a mission for myself. I have to make someone smile each day. And that mission I feel has made me realize that I can change my own environment.

To grow! Intellectually, emotionally, mentally, physically, socially, and spiritually!

-It's a simple one. It sticks in my mind though. A woman with low-income had to feed her three grandchildren left at her house. I remember how I gave her my table waiting tips for the night--it was a slow night, and I had only made $18. I can't begin to describe the gratitude and joy on her face when i gave her that money. That's not even half the money that would take me to a far off town. I sometimes spend that money in one day alone when I go do errands and meetings and business! But that little bit of money made her night. I can't forget that night.

Song of 2014:
UGH THIS IS THE HARDEST THING TO CHOOSE! I guess I'll just post a song that makes me happy that I've been listening to for a while!