New Recruits: New Frontier

Areiz listened closely to the announcement. "I guess that's our cue." she said, going to her room. She picked the holotape up and took a small shoulder bag from her pack. "Medical ward, North East of the ship..huh." She checked her bag quickly. Notepad, pen, bandage wrap, canteen, and knife. All set. She started out of her room and towards the Medical Bay. As she reached it, a young man stood outside the door.
"Hey, you must be the new recruit."
Areiz nodded. "Yeah, I'm Areiz."
"Well come on." He led her inside where a few nurses were bustling around. "This is your station. This is where you will help the members on this team." He said before leaving. Areiz waved goodbye before looking at all the instruments. Wow..the best of the best stuff in here..I can't believe this is actually happening.. She held back an excited little noise, instead busying herself with examining some tools she'd never seen before.

Ailee heard the announcement come on, and she was slightly relieved, it seemed awkward talking to so much people at once and she hoped that at least she hadn't came off as awkward towards them. She slipped into her cabin silently and moved her guitar to find the holo tape resting underneath it, she wondered why she had put her instrument there in the first place.

All Negotiators are assigned to the Communication branch towards the south-end of the ship, she read in her mind. Slipping the tape into her back-pocket she made her way over there, still slightly intimidated by the crowd. When she reached the corridor a tall young man stopped her.

"Hey? Aren't you Commander Kim's grand-daughter? What are you doing here?" He asked looking at the girl with a sense of rememberance. Ailee knew the man, she had met him countless times during her visits with her Granddad when she was younger. But she wanted to keep her social status to a down low for now so she pretended to be oblivous.

"Uh-huh. I'm a Negotiator. Still a recruit obviously, but I'm not sure what you mean by my Grandfather. He was a simple farmer." Ailee said, unsure if he would believe it. But somehow he did and directed her into a large room with multiple computers, telling her it was her job to assist the Seniors as they did the work and she couldn't help but sigh.

[Nejiss Wing] Nejiss paused, listening to the intercom announcement. She nodded to each of the gathered people, and made a small farewell wave before ducking back into her room. It had at first felt foreign, like it didn't quite belong to her, but with star maps and charts covering the wall it was beginning to warm up.
She picked up the holo tape and turned it over in her hands for a moment, wondering what exactly she should bring. Then, she activated it. Front of the ship, then. Top floor. She thought, collecting a couple of maps she hadn't pinned to the walls.
Everything in her shoulder bag, Nejiss headed out, following the directions from the holo tape. I was fairly straightforward, just up several flights of stairs and down some hallways. I passed some crewmen and women on the way, but just stepped out of the way and nodded politely. Finally, I came across a room titled "Navigation". This is it.
I pushed open the door, to find only one other person in the room. Huge monitors took up an entire wall, turned on with menu screens showing. "Hello! You must be Negiss!" The young man in the room said, extending a hand.
"Nejiss, actually," I corrected him, shaking his hand. "Pleasure to meet you. So, is it just us on the navigation team?" I imagined there would be more people here. "No-it doesn't really take that many people to navigate. Kind of a straightforward job, you know?" He said. "And I'm Timothy. Let me show you how to set up the monitors and get them ready for travel."
"Oh, right. Thanks." I said, setting my bag down on a large wooden table in the middle of the room. I pulled a chair from it and sat down, watching carefully as Timothy began commanding the monitors with his voice, bringing up a map from Earth to the galaxy we were going to explore, turning on cameras that show the stars around the ship to tell us where we are, and more. I had never seen anything so advanced, and apparently we could even turn off the lights and the room can display a panoramic view around the central table of the view around the ship for more accurate and informative portrayal of the ship's position in the universe. It would even connect constellations and color-code types of stars and galaxies, but I didn't believe him until he actually turned off the lights and activated it. I was pretty blown away. This trip was going to be better than I thought.

Now, Alex was happier. He allowed himself a smile, even, since he was going to be seeing his favorite part on a ship. Walking quickly over to his bed with almost a bounce in his step, he checked the holotape. Bottom deck, stern, he read, then smiled wider. Not only would he be getting away from the whole awkward scenario he'd just been in, he'd be getting to work. And work was one of his favorite things. Quickly jogging down to the engineering department, he greeted the chief.
"You the new recruit?" she asked, glancing up from the console she was working at. Alex nodded, smile already gone. He saluted swiftly. "Ma'am."
She chuckled. "You'll be running fault checks on the software, then."
He nodded seriously, concealing his glee at getting the chance to get to work on such a magnificent ship. Even the thought of working with other people couldn't darken his mood.

It seemed like Aaron was spending hours tediously looking down the list finding the weapon, attachment, ammunition, or equipment, and checking it off. "This can't be all I'm doing." He thought to himself. After what felt like an eternity, Aaron finished up and all was accounted for. He walked over to his small desk where he would be stationed most of the day. There sat a state of the art terminal. Once he set up a password and his information, Aaron was able to see all weapon information and other details including when he would hold seminars to teach on proper weapon etiquette. Part of him deeply wanted to see if he could find out about these "never before used weapons" that he was told about. They weren't in the list, and he doubted they would be in his terminal. Salem probably knew about them, then again, Aaron wasn't going to ask him about it. Not yet.

Areiz put some of the tools away as the man returned. "Here, fill these out. It's like a test, so we know how much you know." He handed her a small packet with about 20 questions. She nodded, sitting down at a nearby desk. 1. How to treat a gunshot..2. How to amputate an arm..3. How to stop bleeding.. Are you kidding me? This is elementary.. She sighed, starting to answer the questions quickly. About 20 minutes later she picked up the packet and walked towards the front entrance. "Here. I'm done." She handed him the packet and watched as he skimmed it. "Huh, okay. Go ahead and look around, you need to have this whole area memorized and everything in your head. Emergencies have no time for looking." he said sternly before walking out. She turned back around and started memorizing. I've got no room for mistakes.