Must Be Mistaken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadence smiled broadly, happy to have already obtained a small group of friends. Despite her 'difference' that is. "I can't wait!" she exclaimed. She finished off her food and stood up with her tray, offering to take others before going toward the trashcan.

It'll be the first time having friends over to play games and stuff. she thought with a smile. She was relieved that, despite the specialty of this school, she may just yet get a normal college experience.

"Thanks, Cadence." He smiled, once he was finished with his food. His eyes grew wide as he realized something within that moment. "Cadence. You're not alone. You're not the only normal one here."

"He's right," Mina spoke up. "I don't have any powers, either. My parents thought this school sounded like a prestigious college for those who were very smart people. I'm getting the idea that it's not what they thought."

"I can only feel certain power signatures from Anerin and myself."

"As I've stated earlier, "Anerin added, "There have been many normal people here over the years. You two aren't alone."

Cadence drew in a quick breath, her gaze sweeping over toward Mina. "Really?" she replied with enthusiasm, glad to find someone that was normal along with her. "That's great!" She turned her attention back toward Barry and Anerin, her gaze being questionable. "But why would the adviser have some sort of focus on my class schedule?"

"Because you and Mina do not belong here in their eyes. You are not gifted in power as Barry and I are." Anerin surmised. "Only those who are gifted are sought out by most professors. They tolerate those without unique abilities and seek to send them away, or dispose of them by any means. Yet, there are those who understand the normal ones and take special care to protect them while in their presence, and assigning the gifted to watch over them." He finished.

"I can imagine that the suspicion remains the same for certain individuals with these abilities." Barry guessed.

"Yes, there have been certain gifted students that were considered threats to certain professors and higher ups. That's why we must band together to suppress this threat, or destroy it from within."

"So, things do get interesting around here?" Barry asked.

"Indeed, they do," Anerin replied.

"Seems like we have our work cut out for us," Barry smiled, yet the look in his eyes allowed the others to see that he knew the dangers of living here, as well as anywhere else.

Cadence nodded as she agreed with parts of their conversation. At least the parts that she understood. "I don't want to get kicked out because I'm normal," she muttered, frowning before glancing at the clock. "I should head back to the dorm soon. There's still stuff to unpack and put away and I want to be ready for classes tomorrow."

She also noted that she needed to make maps and directions for how to get to her classes as well.

"Agreed." Barry nodded, glancing in Cadence's direction. Turning back toward Anerin and Mina, he placed his hands firmly on the table, leaning in as they copied his approach, "We live in room 137, the second floor of Voidborne Hall." Barry whispered.

Mina smiled, and giggled some, "Anerin and I live in room 138, right next to you." Barry smiled back.

"I ought to get going. We still have things to go through and a day to prepare for. We'll catch you two later."

"See you then," Anerin smiled. Anerin took notice of Mina watching Barry walk off toward Cadence.

"Mina, let's go. You'll see him later." Jumping slightly, Mina swallowed nervously and followed after Anerin.

Cadence glanced back, noticing that Barry was following as well back to the room. She deliberately slowed down for him to catch up before she spoke. "You're going to have to take the lead so I don't get lost. If they had GPS for just walking around, I'd be set. I'm so directionally challenged in new places, it's crazy."

She smirked and chuckled, her mind going off toward the past. "I came from a really small town that there is no way to get lost in. I got lost in it anyway after school my first day."

Barry nodded. "Unless I know where things are, or if it's somewhere where I can walk, then I won't need anything or anyone's help. However, if I need to go somewhere I've never been, a GPS is always handy." He walked ahead of Cadence and they made their way back to their dorm room. Unlocking the door, Barry let her in first and closed the door once he was through. Suddenly his thoughts shifted. He couldn't help but hear Anerin tell Mina that she'd see him later. Did she like him? Did she take a liking to him after he returned her supplies to her? He shook his head clear of those thoughts and walked over, sitting down on one of the couches.

Cadence thanked Barry when he opened the door before walking toward her room, opening the door and taking out another one of the boxes from her room. She sat down with it in the middle of the living room, opening it and taking out cleaning supplies that she had broken down to fit.

"Ah... Shit. I left the broom handle in my car," she muttered, pulling out the brush of a broom and tossing it haphazardly toward the kitchen. "Did we compare classes yet to see if we have anything together? I don't remember."

Startled, Barry's head shot in Cadence's direction. Immediately processing what she voiced to him, he responded, "No. We didn't." He walked to his room and searched for his schedule. Finding it within seconds, remembering where it was, he brought it out and stood by Cadence to compare. "There's a Creative Writing 101 class that I have, an English 103 class, a Power Conditioning class, and a Mental Retention class." Wondering about the last two, he chuckled. "The last two seem new."

Cadence watched as he went and grabbed his schedule, glancing around for hers that she had just received earlier. "It's on the counter," she pointed out, going back to her box and pulling out more things. "You can check it out and see if any of our classes coincide with each other."

He walked over and compared the two. "English 103 and Creative Writing 101. Huh...that seems to be it. Well, we have two classes out of four together." Walking back over to the couch, he sat down and began thinking again.

Status
Not open for further replies.