Spooky's Halloween Party [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hmm." Morgan hummed, nodding as ge watched Tucker play. The rules sounded slightly complicated but that wouldn't stop him from trying. He just had to try his best to knock the pins down and depending on the results remember what Dale said.

"Alright. I think I might observe a bit before trying. But it does look interesting." he beamed brightly here.
"Well this one here is an e-lec-tron-ic bowling alley, this mini one here. So it'll keep score for ya. Just have at the lane, and see what you gets is all."
"Right. You don't need to know the rules real good to play one of these. All the figgerin is done by the machine."

Both men had bowled well but by the end of it, Dale won by a mere 4 points.

"Dangit Dale. If it werent' for that ten-seven I woulda had ya."

@Takumi @ arcade!

"Perhaps later Doctor. I myself am heading for the Trophy room."

He gave a nod and stepped through the doors, closing it behind him he turned...And blinked beneath the helm.

It was lit by a single fireplace, and numerous candles everywhere. Moreover, the place was less a singular room and more three connecting rooms- Perhaps increased by knocking down the walls? At any rate, it was clear why its title had been the Trophy Room. A bearskin rug and two armchairs with a table before the fire reflected dully in its glass eyes, as it did in the eyes of all other trophies around them. Taxidermist work, of great apes, elephant heads, lions, wolves, snakes and birds- Almost every predator and almost every game beast, the greatest of the lot being something that had the Knight from beneath his helm.

A werewolf.

Snarling and in an upper pose, as though it would have leaped from its pedestal and tear out the throat of the viewer. The nauseating smell of old blood and dust mingled and added to the suddenly oppressive atmosphere.

"........"

---------

Outside, in the courtyard would be a number of what looked like zombies. Shuffling, moaning creatures who walked around anyone who came through and paid no attention to Wilson for whatever reason. Their words were strange though.

A slurring, moaning array of statements.

"Closssse to midnight...."

"Evil....Lurking."

"Don't....Scream."

"Nothing....Saaaaave."

@wakely @york
Wilson opened the door to the courtyard and saw zombies. Inhuman creatures shuffling slowly around the courtyard, the air a chorus of their pathetic moans and horrible warnings.​
Wilson closed the door again.​
After taking a few deep breaths of preparation, he peeked round the door a second time. The zombies - or zombie-like humans, rather - were not taking any notice of him. A good sign, at least. He ventured out a few steps at a time into the courtyard.​
Poor guys, Wilson thought. They were obviously distressed about something, and so Wilson took it upon his gracious self to help them.​
"Hello ... my good friends. What are we all discussing?"​
@york @ the zombie friends​

Wilson opened the door to the courtyard and saw zombies. Inhuman creatures shuffling slowly around the courtyard, the air a chorus of their pathetic moans and horrible warnings.

Wilson closed the door again.

After taking a few deep breaths of preparation, he peeked round the door a second time. The zombies - or zombie-like humans, rather - were not taking any notice of him. A good sign, at least. He ventured out a few steps at a time into the courtyard.

Poor guys, Wilson thought. They were obviously distressed about something, and so Wilson took it upon his gracious self to help them.

"Hello ... my good friends. What are we all discussing?"

@york @ the zombie friends
Every zombie turned in unison on Wilson.

Undead eyes, all peering through a filmy mist as rotting flesh stink filled the air, their arms raised as they began to approach him. Each one, speaking as their filled the air with their discordant moans.

"Close to midnight...."

"...Evil....Lurking..."

"Don't....Scream."

"You...Paralyzed."

"Have you come to join the dance?"

The zombies appeared to prostrate, as behind Wilson was revealed their leader.

1372057488-t135-o.jpg

@wakely @Courtyard​

As she chased him around the place, unfortunately ravaging a bit of the surroundings as she did, she encountered the others who were starting to play games in the arcade. Tearing things up was fun and all, but whatever games they had here seemed fun too. Speeding up, she somersaulted over Sam's head, flicking him in the nose again with a mischievous grin.

"Gotcha!"
P7bzpi2.jpg

If Sam were a regular child, he might have felt the slightest bit bad about making such a mess with his shenanigans. But as he was a spirit merely adopting the form of a child, Sam didn't care one bit! The two of them had fun and that's all that mattered! Clasping his hands together Sam snickered as Koto flicked his nose. This girl had a lot of energy! Scooping Koto up in his arms, Sam spun around on the heel of his pajamas before pressing his nose against hers.

"Hehe."

As Koto mentioned bowling, Sam gently set her down and tapped the side of his mask in thought. He hadn't really participated in human activities beyond holiday-related shenanigans. Grasping Koto's hand, Sam waddled off towards where Dale and Tucker were showing off their bowling skills!

What an interesting sport. Sam thought it would have looked a lot better if it was decapitated heads rather than balls! But maybe that was just his views seeping on this otherwise innocuous game.

@Kaykay

@Michale CS @Takumi

Reactions: Takumi
@Arcade

Welp, it appeared that Alice and Scrappy Doo had just joined the bunch in the arcade, and while some people were already pretty busy... There was of course, the Mall of Spook, Mrs Spook, Spooky cart and an strangely nonfunctional arcade machine laying around. Looks like Mirei was struggling to pick between those, so there might also be some fun to be had there.

Of course, for those who were just arriving, there were plenty of other assortments of machines to choose from at their leisure.​

Alice saw that a number of people were already at the arcade area, once they arrived there. She then looked over the options quickly, but she paused instead of offering a suggestion. Thoughtfully, she would offer her new companion the chance to decide. "Hey Scrappy," she asked sweetly, "how about if you pick out one for us to investigate?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

"Thank you! I made it myself, inspired by my lovely Fairy-Type Pokémon. It helps me feel more close to them. It's actually quite heavy."

"As for these contacts? They're prescription. Here, see?"

Valerie removes a contact, revealing that, while she does wear them, and they add a slight tint, her eyes are still fairly big hand glassy, similar to her Sylveon's eyes.

#short post
@Yun Lee
"That's heavy?!" Dan gasped. "But you're so tiny! Uhh..." Oh yeah... you don't say that to people. He'd learned that the hard way after a half-pint Rindo-kan fighter handed is ass to him. He insisted she was lucky, but still... "What I meant is! You, uh, make it look like it's nothing!"

@Mason Moretti

EqTcO0c.png

"H-Hang out, huh?" Crona questioned, nervously picking at his finger nails. "I-I don't really know how to deal with hanging out. I'm not very good with people. I doubt anyone would want to hang out with me. But umm..." Crona paused, unsure how to explain how Ragnarok "worked" exactly. Before he could reply, the demon sword spoke up himself.

"I'm just a part of Crona, is all. His mother melted me down and put me into Crona's body when he was little." Ragnarok chuckled. "Real crappy parent. She was always experimenting on him and me. Why she would want to put me into the body of a dweeb like Crona is beyond me," he said, licking his lips as his eyes drifted back over to the refreshments table.

"P-Please," Crona mumbled in reply to Ragnarok. "Don't talk about Lady Medusa like that... she wasn't the greatest, but she was my mom, you know?"

@Yun Lee @Refreshments table​
It sounded like this poor guy had a lot of emotional baggage from both his mom and this creature. Maybe that's why he seemed so unconfident?

"Well, I wanna hang out with you!" Sakura chirped, beaming widely. "Wanna go check out another part of the mansion? ...once your, uh...part is done eating."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

RsbAJ72.png

"... Huh?"

Of all the things that could have popped out, Yuki least expected a cute piece of toast. He was frowning, which Yuki suspected was likely because she was getting the urge to take a bite out of him. "Yumm~" she grumbled as she stepped forward and bit into the cardboard, her desire to eat such cute toast beating her desire to make the sad toast feel better.

Yuki growled as if she was mimicking a dog for a moment, before pausing to point at the end of the hall. "Let's keep going!" she mumbled, mouth full of cardboard.

@Verite @york @Jeremi

What a peculiar human. She thought to herself as she looked on at Yuki's antics. It was quite clear that the girl was not right in the head. She then looked over to Miki as if she demanded an explanation to all of this.

@york @Verite @Atomyk

e1kzbaF.png

"I would give a demonstration but these machines look kind of... too Halloween-themed for my liking. Do these things even have coin slots? Let's look at our choices..."

Mirei began to shiver as she looked at the various machines.

4uuDUHB.jpg

"S- so... we've got...Mall of Spook, Mrs Spook, Spooky Kart, and nonfunctional machine. I really, really hope this is like that one time I found Soul Calibur on a Tekken Machine... so... which of these should I... well... demonstrate on?"

This was going to be one heck of a spookfest.
ZmHRlGX.png

"They all really... spooky," she commented, looking at the old machines.
She had no idea what any of these machines were, but some of them were blinking and flashing lights at the group, beeps and random odd sounds emitting from them. From what she learnt in Rapture, many strange things could turn out to be fascinating... but she wasn't sure if that could be applied here. "Pick one~ I don't really know what any of these are~" Kana murmured. Something about this room was a little scary.
"They have a lot of buttons... are you sure they won't jump out and turn into metal monsters?"

Koto let Dale and Tucker play their round to show the other boy how to play. She figured the game was simple enough, when it's your turn chuck the ball down the lane as hard as you could!

...Or something like that. There were probably more intricacies than that, but who cared?

knKqNkS.png

"Alright! It's our turn now! C'mon, uh, what's your name? Well, pick up a ball and let's get rolling! I'm Koto, nice to meetcha!"

The energetic girl was oblivious to Sam's rather morbid preference of the game and simply picked up a ball herself, intent on playing with whoever else wanted to have a go.

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Sen @york @Michale CS @Arcade

"I heard that, girl." Miki could feel the mysterious thing breathing down her neck. "You wound me...with your accusations."

@Atomyk @Verite @york
"E-Eeeehh?!"
Upon entering the hall of jumpscares, those that went in were greeted by a loud, silly chiptune style noise, accompanied by...

9q4Imbv.png

A cardboard cutout of a sad piece of toast popping out of the wall... How, underwhelming? Well, there appeared to be curve in the hall somewhere in the distance, but as of right now... Things were pretty tame, perhaps the place had yet to pull out all its stops? Hard to say, with a weird "attraction" like this.​
@Verite @Atomyk @Jeremi
@Hall of Jumpscares
RsbAJ72.png

"... Huh?"

Of all the things that could have popped out, Yuki least expected a cute piece of toast. He was frowning, which Yuki suspected was likely because she was getting the urge to take a bite out of him. "Yumm~" she grumbled as she stepped forward and bit into the cardboard, her desire to eat such cute toast beating her desire to make the sad toast feel better.

Yuki growled as if she was mimicking a dog for a moment, before pausing to point at the end of the hall. "Let's keep going!" she mumbled, mouth full of cardboard.

@Verite @york @Jeremi
att7Sz2.png

"..."

Like the others, Miki was quite underwhelmed to say the least. A... frowning piece of cardboard toast? Well now. Who on Earth would find something like that scary? Maybe it was there by accident? Who knew? There was only one thing for certain about this cardboard toast, and that was...

"Y-Yuki-senpai! Don't get the cardboard, you'll get sick!" Miki exclaimed, attempting to get Yuki off the object. Once she would get off indeed and suggest moving forward, the girl would only let out a sigh, before shrugging.

"Y-Yeah, if you want," the short-haired girl nodded, "I guess you passed the first trial of the test of courage then. C-Congratulations, Yuki-senpai," she said half-heartedly, before walking with her and the... weird individual.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @york

Marceline phased into the walls of the mansion then entering the lobby way of the mansions entrance. It was filled with men and little girls of every kind. It was disgusting. But different. She phased towards the inside the mansion landing directly on her feet searching for the right atmosphere. Hoping to be invisible, she wandered the lobby room eventually finding herself escalating up and down the stairs.
"This party sucks." She chuckled leaning over the balcony railing. "Maybe it's time to do something....Spooky?" Marceline looked towards her left and saw a blue periwinkle tinted girl floating by her.

"Hey... you're that garbanzo bean from the invite... Spooky right?" The ghost nodded. "Sweet! Wanna help trash this party?--" Spooky suddenly dissipated in thin air into nothing.
"I'm rude but not that rude." Marceline murmured crossing her eyes. Marceline also heard a mystic 'sorry' in the distance. Now, she's really spooked.

ZmHRlGX.png

"They all really... spooky," she commented, looking at the old machines.
She had no idea what any of these machines were, but some of them were blinking and flashing lights at the group, beeps and random odd sounds emitting from them. From what she learnt in Rapture, many strange things could turn out to be fascinating... but she wasn't sure if that could be applied here. "Pick one~ I don't really know what any of these are~" Kana murmured. Something about this room was a little scary.
"They have a lot of buttons... are you sure they won't jump out and turn into metal monsters?"
Koto let Dale and Tucker play their round to show the other boy how to play. She figured the game was simple enough, when it's your turn chuck the ball down the lane as hard as you could!

...Or something like that. There were probably more intricacies than that, but who cared?

knKqNkS.png

"Alright! It's our turn now! C'mon, uh, what's your name? Well, pick up a ball and let's get rolling! I'm Koto, nice to meetcha!"

The energetic girl was oblivious to Sam's rather morbid preference of the game and simply picked up a ball herself, intent on playing with whoever else wanted to have a go.

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Sen @york @Michale CS @Arcade
2rQX48B.png

"It may be a bit eerie, Kana-chan, but we'll protect each other," Wadanohara wasn't really sure of what these contraptions were either. She was a witch, not a tinker or a mechanic. However if something did jump out, they really did have to find a way to defend themselves. It was really a shame she couldn't access any of her spells right now, it looked like this place neutralized powers. And actually, this left her with no weapon, unlike in Rapture. "Maybe we should pick out... That one." Pointing to the one titled Spooky Kart, she blinked up at Mirei.

@Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @york @Anyone else, I'm just catching up now​

*SPLAT*

Scoobs found himself walking straight into a wall, because unfortunately there wasn't a kitchen, which really does raise alot of questions. However, his attempts to get to the nonexistant kitchen attracted the attention of the strange man dressed in blue.

"Whoa there fellow-... Dog! Are you okay?" He asked.

That sleek, (and suspiciously Keanu Reeves like) voice actually kind of sounded like Neo, from the Matrix... If Scooby even knew what that was, at any rate, looks like the guy was at least a little concerned. He appeared to have this wide brimmed blue hat, with a red cape trailing behind him, looks like he was some sort of hired assassin from the medieval era, except... He wasn't armed, and his clothes covered most of his body. However, a head of blonde hair, and a pale, but somewhat rugged complesion could be noted about the little of his face that was actually revealed, and not completely covered by the brim of his odd hat.
Scooby paused when he ran straight into a wall. What sort of giant manor with a ton of food not have a kitchen. The dog found that very strange and he was starting to suspect that this was going to be one of those places that were going to give him nightmares for a couple of weeks to be honest.

" Ri ram rine, Rust really rungry," Scooby said.

The great dane raised his eyebrow when the man spoke. He could of sworn that he had heard it somewhere before, but he couldn't remember where from the life of him. " Rho rare rou?"

*1 I am fine. Just really hungry

*2 Who are you?

@york
Alice saw that a number of people were already at the arcade area, once they arrived there. She then looked over the options quickly, but she paused instead of offering a suggestion. Thoughtfully, she would offer her new companion the chance to decide. "Hey Scrappy," she asked sweetly, "how about if you pick out one for us to investigate?"
Scrappy looked over at the arcade game options that were open and his eyes focused on the turn off device before he turned to the nearest one. Mrs. Spook seemed to be an interesting choice of game to play for now. " I think we should go for the busted one. Perhaps we can learn something from it." He wasn't sure if his plan was good, but he would try to do that.

@york @Mari

2rQX48B.png

"It may be a bit eerie, Kana-chan, but we'll protect each other," Wadanohara wasn't really sure of what these contraptions were either. She was a witch, not a tinker or a mechanic. However if something did jump out, they really did have to find a way to defend themselves. It was really a shame she couldn't access any of her spells right now, it looked like this place neutralized powers. And actually, this left her with no weapon, unlike in Rapture. "Maybe we should pick out... That one." Pointing to the one titled Spooky Kart, she blinked up at Mirei.

@Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @york @Anyone else, I'm just catching up now​
4uuDUHB.jpg

"Wadanohara has placed a vote... Spooky Kart... sounds like a racing game... anyone have better ideas...?" Mirei shivers as she prepares to insert a coin into the supposed Spooky Kart machine.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @york @Anyone

Marceline phased into the walls of the mansion then entering the lobby way of the mansions entrance. It was filled with men and little girls of every kind. It was disgusting. But different. She phased towards the inside the mansion landing directly on her feet searching for the right atmosphere. Hoping to be invisible, she wandered the lobby room eventually finding herself escalating up and down the stairs.
"This party sucks." She chuckled leaning over the balcony railing. "Maybe it's time to do something....Spooky?" Marceline looked towards her left and saw a blue periwinkle tinted girl floating by her.

"Hey... you're that garbanzo bean from the invite... Spooky right?" The ghost nodded. "Sweet! Wanna help trash this party?--" Spooky suddenly dissipated in thin air into nothing.
"I'm rude but not that rude." Marceline murmured crossing her eyes. Marceline also heard a mystic 'sorry' in the distance. Now, she's really spooked.

Right before Spooky disappeared, Marceline could swear she saw her giggle quietly to herlself... How ominous... It was also noted that Marceline appeared to have lost her supernatural abilities, at least while she was in this mansion.

Continued from the Prologue
Round 1 - First Blood

Wherever people were throughout the mansion, in unison, each and every one seemed to lose touch with reality for a moment, and Spooky's image appeared in their minds. Looks like this was her way of... Communicating, albeit a rather intrusive way, it definitely saved her the trouble of gathering everyone in one place, at least for the moment.

ZeP6wGM.png

"Heh... You know, I did say this was going to be a party... But I never mentioned anything about this being a... Normal party~." She said almost playfully.

For a moment, images of a peculiar, and maybe even frightening flashed in everyone's minds...

Poniko, the seemingly mute, quiet girl, who had only really interacted with a few individuals, before walkign out... Appeared to be laying motionless on a stone floor, there was a brief glimpse of something else on the floor along with purplish bricks. It looked like she might be somewhere in the hall of jumpscares.

"As you can see... We have our first victim! Her death was no accident... You see, I, personally hid a killer among the guests!" Spooky said, raising her hands above her head for a moment, in an overdramatic fashion.

"Now now, don't worry! I'll make things a little easier for you... The killer is one of the guests that were here before my invitations I sent out!" Spooky explained, a mischevious grin was on her face.

"Because we only have one killer... Everyone will be allowed to vote for the suspect at any time! But! Starting from today, you'll only have three days before you can no longer change your vote. That's when I will tally the votes together, and the guest with the most votes, will be the final decision for who the suspected killer is." Spooky paused, seeming to think about this next part of her little speech for a while.

"Now! If the killer gets the most votes... I'll give you a prize!, and... Well, set you free!" She said gleefully.

Then, her expression turned more sinister.

"But... If the person who gets the most votes isn't the killer... Well..." A creepy glint appeared in her eyes.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." She said eerily.

Her expression suddenly changed to a more thoughtfull one again as she suddenly realized something.

"Oh! Yes! Other than the body... The killer will leave clues in places in the mansion... Just be carefull which ones to trust~." She said, but then seemed to remember something else too.

"Oh right right... Maps... ... Gimme a sec and... SHAH!!!" She shouted.

The sound of thunder could be heard somewhere in the background, before everyone appeared to feel two distinct rolls of paper, entangled with one another in their hands.

"Remember to look for clues! They'll point you in the right direction... Or maybe just help you out!... Or not... Better start hunting! And talking!" She said, giggling a little.

Then, her little intrusion was gone, and everyone was brought back to reality.

However, this time, a more ominous feeling filled the air of the mansion; looks like Spooky's presense wasn't completely benign after all. Each and every one of the guests would notice that they were now holding some sort of map consisting of two pieces of paper, rolled up with one another.
ZbCytFn.png

EzO8Nj9.png
Looks like there were a few options left for everyone right now:

Visit the Hall of Jumpscares and locate Poniko's body to figure out the cause of death, and perhaps find some evidence where she lay.

Explore the Mansion in an effort to locate more clues.

Or, talk with the NPC's in the mansion, to see if they had any helpfull information to give, or perhaps eventually slip up with their words, and accidentally reveal something they shouldn't have.

Perhaps it was unwise of her to drink from someone else's cup
Especially if she didn't even know who that cup belonged to

OOC Note: So basically this is where the investigations begin! Remember that only NPC's have the potential to be the killer here, so it is a VERY good idea to start interacting with them.

Each round, various clues will be scattered around various locations in the map, but watch out! There might be a few red herrings scattered here and there, but on the other hand... There IS a small side quest that may involve certain items, which does involve Spooky, and her backstory, to a degree.

Oh! And remember to tag @Ringmaster for the following rooms;

The Hall of mirrors, the trophy room, and the haunted wing.

The rest of the rooms are going to be GMed by me for the most part, while the courtyard is basically GMed by both me and @Ringmaster so I suppose tagging both of us is fine for the time being.

Cast:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Angela, the Witch of the Wilds from Overwatch

@Atomyk as Yuki Takeya from School-Live!

@Bomb as K-Sha from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series

@Chewy Rabbits as Sam from Trick 'r Treat & Micheal Myers from the Halloween Series

@Crimson Spartan as Keaton & Asugi from the Fire Emblem series

@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka & Layla from the Idolmaster; Cinderella Girls

@C.T. as Doctor Aphra from Star Wars

@Dec as Jacket from Hotline Miami

@Hana as Wadanohara from Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea

@Hospes as Emerald Sustrai & Neopolitan from RWBY

@Jeremi as Nikkare Aoe from Touken Ranbu & Seaplane Tender Princess from the Kantai Collection

@Kaykay as Koto from Kyosogiga

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Crona Gorgon from Soul Eater

@Krieg as Reynauld the Crusador from Darkest Dungeon

@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scooby Doo & Scrappy Doo from the Scooby-Doo franchise

@Mari as Alice Cullen from Twilight

@Michale CS as Tucker & Dale from Tucker & Dale vs Evil

@Minerva as Ada Wong from Resident Evil

@Ringmaster as Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil & The Black Knight, and OC from the Castlevania Series

@Sen as Kana from the Fire Emblem Series

@Mason Moretti as Gym Leader Valerie from the Pokemon Franchise

@Moca Latté as Marceline from Adventure Time

@Takumi as Morgan Lowell from the Fire Emblem Series

@TheColourlessRainbow as Lizzy from ??? (OC)

@The Wanderer as "Vector" from the Resident Evil Franchise & Pyro from Team Fortress 2

@Verdegris as Herbet Pulmer from ??? (OC)

@Verite as Richter Belmont from Castlevania & MIki Naoki from School-Live!

@wakely as Wilson from Don't Starve

@Yun Lee as Sakura Kasunago & Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter

Scooby paused when he ran straight into a wall. What sort of giant manor with a ton of food not have a kitchen. The dog found that very strange and he was starting to suspect that this was going to be one of those places that were going to give him nightmares for a couple of weeks to be honest.

" Ri ram rine, Rust really rungry," Scooby said.

The great dane raised his eyebrow when the man spoke. He could of sworn that he had heard it somewhere before, but he couldn't remember where from the life of him. " Rho rare rou?"

*1 I am fine. Just really hungry

*2 Who are you?

@york

Well, whoever the man was, he looked a little puzzled at the imagery he had been shown by spooky the ghost, as well as the map that he now held in onf of his hands. However, after a few moments, he regained his composure, and cleared his throat, speaking as clearly as he could.

"Call me 'Blue'." He said simply.

"Blue" eyed the area around him, looking to be alot more on his guard now before he said anything more.

"So. Unless that ghost was playing some trick on us... There's a body somewhere, and someone in this room is responsible. Any guesses?" He asked.

This guy was surprisingly calm in a situation like this, but there was still a chance, however slim it may be that he was the killer after all.​

Scrappy looked over at the arcade game options that were open and his eyes focused on the turn off device before he turned to the nearest one. Mrs. Spook seemed to be an interesting choice of game to play for now. " I think we should go for the busted one. Perhaps we can learn something from it." He wasn't sure if his plan was good, but he would try to do that.

@york @Mari
4uuDUHB.jpg

"Wadanohara has placed a vote... Spooky Kart... sounds like a racing game... anyone have better ideas...?" Mirei shivers as she prepares to insert a coin into the supposed Spooky Kart machine.

@Crow @Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @york @Anyone

nZ9Vf0v.png

The game started like any pacman game... Except, unlike a pacman game, it seemed that the player controlled a miniaturized sprite of Spooky the Ghost, and it quickly became obvious that the goal of the game was to catch up to pacman and touch him. This resulted in a large nail flying from offscreen, impaling pacman with a rather loud death rattle playing in the background... How chilling. The game appeared to restart each time it happened.

What kind of game was this? It was almost like something from a predictable "creepy pasta" article, really.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari
@Mrs Spook

The machine booted up, instantly starting Wadonara in a game session it seems, throwing her right into the action almost immediately.

MYeXVaC.png

Overall, it seemed that Spooky Kart played surprisingly similar to Mario Kart, if any of the players had ever played that game... Except, unlike Mario Kart, the player controlled some sort of marauder military Trick. The goal of the game appeared to be to catch up to other racers cause said racers to crash by ramming into them.

An announcer usually said something like: "Nitrous!", "Checkpoint!", "Killer!", or "Crime doesn't pay!" whenever another player was successfully eliminated.

The game only appears to end when the player themselves wiped out, or when the game runs out of time.

@Crow @Hana
@Spooky Kart

RsbAJ72.png

"... Huh?"

@Verite @york @Jeremi
What a peculiar human. She thought to herself as she looked on at Yuki's antics. It was quite clear that the girl was not right in the head. She then looked over to Miki as if she demanded an explanation to all of this.

@york @Verite @Atomyk
"E-Eeeehh?!"

att7Sz2.png

"..."

Like the others, Miki was quite underwhelmed to say the least. A... frowning piece of cardboard toast? Well now. Who on Earth would find something like that scary? Maybe it was there by accident? Who knew? There was only one thing for certain about this cardboard toast, and that was...

"Y-Yuki-senpai! Don't get the cardboard, you'll get sick!" Miki exclaimed, attempting to get Yuki off the object. Once she would get off indeed and suggest moving forward, the girl would only let out a sigh, before shrugging.

"Y-Yeah, if you want," the short-haired girl nodded, "I guess you passed the first trial of the test of courage then. C-Congratulations, Yuki-senpai," she said half-heartedly, before walking with her and the... weird individual.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @york
That piece of toast might have smiled a little before it suddenly retracted into a hidden slot in the wall.

As whoever dared to do so, continued further down the "hall of jumpscares", now with the knowledge of a body laying around somewhere... They would make their way through a wooden door, which was not really an exit, but instead just opened up to another hallway... This was less of a hall, more of network of rooms... The place seemed alot bigger on the inside.

It wasn't long before the group could spot the figure of someone laying on the floor, but any that dared to draw close enough would find something unexpectedly popping out at them.

4eP1qQx.png

With a much more distorted, and sharper sounding sound effect, a cardboard cutout of what had once been a cartoonish ghost popped out of the wall. A much more chilling face appeared to have been painted onto its surface.

Fortunately, it was still nothing more than a cardboard cutout, or at least that's what one would hope, and those who ventured past would discover Poniko's lifeless body laying on the ground, from where they were, and oddly enough, there was a plastic cup laying on the floor, like the ones laying around on the refreshment tables in the ball room.

Of course, one could always investigate Poniko's body if they were feeling particularly inquisitive, but it would appear that Spooky had been telling the truth about the body... Which meant that there was indeed a killer on the loose now, pretending to be one of the party guests that had arrived before the ones with invitations.

@Verite @Jeremi @Atomyk
@Hall of Jumpscares

Last edited:

nZ9Vf0v.png

The game started like any pacman game... Except, unlike a pacman game, it seemed that the player controlled a miniaturized sprite of Spooky the Ghost, and it quickly became obvious that the goal of the game was to catch up to pacman and touch him. This resulted in a large nail flying from offscreen, impaling pacman with a rather loud death rattle playing in the background... How chilling. The game appeared to restart each time it happened.

What kind of game was this? It was almost like something from a predictable "creepy pasta" article, really.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari

Eclipse-gifs-alice-cullen-28900456-314-133.gif

Alice looked at the game as it was played. It was a game, with a somewhat gruesome outcome, but it was just a video game after all. She looked at Scrappy, and shook her head. "I don't find any value in this," she said, "especially knowing that someone's been killed here." She closed her eyes and tried to remember what was shown and heard in her mind, and then she wondered if Scrappy had the same scene mentally as well. "If we saw that same scene, perhaps we need to find out who the killer is. Investigate. Use our skills to prevent any more deaths."

"But should we find a clue from others, suspects perhaps? Or search for clues?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

"It's happening again, Dale. Cept this time they ain't killin themselves."

"Well I reckon we're stuck here anyway, so let's go talk to some of those folk what was here afore us."

And with that, they headed to the room they arrived at to see if they could locate and talk to one of the NPCs.

@york @ main hall?

"Oh! Yes! Other than the body... The killer will leave clues in places in the mansion... Just be carefull which ones to trust~." She said, but then seemed to remember something else too.

The sound of thunder could be heard somewhere in the background, before everyone appeared to feel two distinct rolls of paper, entangled with one another in their hands.

"Remember to look for clues! They'll point you in the right direction... Or maybe just help you out!... Or not... Better start hunting! And talking!" She said, giggling a little.

However, this time, a more ominous feeling filled the air of the mansion; looks like Spooky's presense wasn't completely benign after all. Each and every one of the guests would notice that they were now holding some sort of map consisting of two pieces of paper, rolled up with one another.​
"Maps. Clues." She repeated, a grin beginning to emerge on her face. "Holiday must have come early this year. What a gift. Time to go hunting, what I do best." Clutching the map tightly, she made her way off to go explore the mansion. Quite honestly, what she had seen from most of these people didn't interest her much. Well, more like she didn't give a damn about them, put less politely. Doing it alone suited her just fine.

@york

Right before Spooky disappeared, Marceline could swear she saw her giggle quietly to herlself... How ominous... It was also noted that Marceline appeared to have lost her supernatural abilities, at least while she was in this mansion.

Continued from the Prologue
Round 1 - First Blood

Wherever people were throughout the mansion, in unison, each and every one seemed to lose touch with reality for a moment, and Spooky's image appeared in their minds. Looks like this was her way of... Communicating, albeit a rather intrusive way, it definitely saved her the trouble of gathering everyone in one place, at least for the moment.

ZeP6wGM.png

"Heh... You know, I did say this was going to be a party... But I never mentioned anything about this being a... Normal party~." She said almost playfully.

For a moment, images of a peculiar, and maybe even frightening flashed in everyone's minds...

Poniko, the seemingly mute, quiet girl, who had only really interacted with a few individuals, before walkign out... Appeared to be laying motionless on a stone floor, there was a brief glimpse of something else on the floor along with purplish bricks. It looked like she might be somewhere in the hall of jumpscares.

"As you can see... We have our first victim! Her death was no accident... You see, I, personally hid a killer among the guests!" Spooky said, raising her hands above her head for a moment, in an overdramatic fashion.

"Now now, don't worry! I'll make things a little easier for you... The killer is one of the guests that were here before my invitations I sent out!" Spooky explained, a mischevious grin was on her face.

"Because we only have one killer... Everyone will be allowed to vote for the suspect at any time! But! Starting from today, you'll only have three days before you can no longer change your vote. That's when I will tally the votes together, and the guest with the most votes, will be the final decision for who the suspected killer is." Spooky paused, seeming to think about this next part of her little speech for a while.

"Now! If the killer gets the most votes... I'll give you a prize!, and... Well, set you free!" She said gleefully.

Then, her expression turned more sinister.

"But... If the person who gets the most votes isn't the killer... Well..." A creepy glint appeared in her eyes.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." She said eerily.

Her expression suddenly changed to a more thoughtfull one again as she suddenly realized something.

However, this time, a more ominous feeling filled the air of the mansion; looks like Spooky's presense wasn't completely benign after all. Each and every one of the guests would notice that they were now holding some sort of map consisting of two pieces of paper, rolled up with one another.
ZbCytFn.png

EzO8Nj9.png
Looks like there were a few options left for everyone right now:

Visit the Hall of Jumpscares and locate Poniko's body to figure out the cause of death, and perhaps find some evidence where she lay.

Explore the Mansion in an effort to locate more clues.

Or, talk with the NPC's in the mansion, to see if they had any helpfull information to give, or perhaps eventually slip up with their words, and accidentally reveal something they shouldn't have.

Perhaps it was unwise of her to drink from someone else's cup
Especially if she didn't even know who that cup belonged to

OOC Note: So basically this is where the investigations begin! Remember that only NPC's have the potential to be the killer here, so it is a VERY good idea to start interacting with them.

Each round, various clues will be scattered around various locations in the map, but watch out! There might be a few red herrings scattered here and there, but on the other hand... There IS a small side quest that may involve certain items, which does involve Spooky, and her backstory, to a degree.

Oh! And remember to tag @Ringmaster for the following rooms;

The Hall of mirrors, the trophy room, and the haunted wing.

The rest of the rooms are going to be GMed by me for the most part, while the courtyard is basically GMed by both me and @Ringmaster so I suppose tagging both of us is fine for the time being.

Cast:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Angela, the Witch of the Wilds from Overwatch

@Atomyk as Yuki Takeya from School-Live!

@Bomb as K-Sha from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series

@Chewy Rabbits as Sam from Trick 'r Treat & Micheal Myers from the Halloween Series

@Crimson Spartan as Keaton & Asugi from the Fire Emblem series

@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka & Layla from the Idolmaster; Cinderella Girls

@C.T. as Doctor Aphra from Star Wars

@Dec as Jacket from Hotline Miami

@Hana as Wadanohara from Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea

@Hospes as Emerald Sustrai & Neopolitan from RWBY

@Jeremi as Nikkare Aoe from Touken Ranbu & Seaplane Tender Princess from the Kantai Collection

@Kaykay as Koto from Kyosogiga

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Crona Gorgon from Soul Eater

@Krieg as Reynauld the Crusador from Darkest Dungeon

@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scooby Doo & Scrappy Doo from the Scooby-Doo franchise

@Mari as Alice Cullen from Twilight

@Michale CS as Tucker & Dale from Tucker & Dale vs Evil

@Minerva as Ada Wong from Resident Evil

@Ringmaster as Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil & The Black Knight, and OC from the Castlevania Series

@Sen as Kana from the Fire Emblem Series

@Mason Moretti as Gym Leader Valerie from the Pokemon Franchise

@Moca Latté as Marceline from Adventure Time

@Takumi as Morgan Lowell from the Fire Emblem Series

@TheColourlessRainbow as Lizzy from ??? (OC)

@The Wanderer as "Vector" from the Resident Evil Franchise & Pyro from Team Fortress 2

@Verdegris as Herbet Pulmer from ??? (OC)

@Verite as Richter Belmont from Castlevania & MIki Naoki from School-Live!

@wakely as Wilson from Don't Starve

@Yun Lee as Sakura Kasunago & Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter

Well, whoever the man was, he looked a little puzzled at the imagery he had been shown by spooky the ghost, as well as the map that he now held in onf of his hands. However, after a few moments, he regained his composure, and cleared his throat, speaking as clearly as he could.

"Call me 'Blue'." He said simply.

"Blue" eyed the area around him, looking to be alot more on his guard now before he said anything more.

"So. Unless that ghost was playing some trick on us... There's a body somewhere, and someone in this room is responsible. Any guesses?" He asked.

This guy was surprisingly calm in a situation like this, but there was still a chance, however slim it may be that he was the killer after all.​

nZ9Vf0v.png

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari
@Mrs Spook

The machine booted up, instantly starting Wadonara in a game session it seems, throwing her right into the action almost immediately.

MYeXVaC.png

Overall, it seemed that Spooky Kart played surprisingly similar to Mario Kart, if any of the players had ever played that game... Except, unlike Mario Kart, the player controlled some sort of marauder military Trick. The goal of the game appeared to be to catch up to other racers cause said racers to crash by ramming into them.

An announcer usually said something like: "Nitrous!", "Checkpoint!", "Killer!", or "Crime doesn't pay!" whenever another player was successfully eliminated.

The game only appears to end when the player themselves wiped out, or when the game runs out of time.

@Crow @Hana
@Spooky Kart

That piece of toast might have smiled a little before it suddenly retracted into a hidden slot in the wall.

As whoever dared to do so, continued further down the "hall of jumpscares", now with the knowledge of a body laying around somewhere... They would make their way through a wooden door, which was not really an exit, but instead just opened up to another hallway... This was less of a hall, more of network of rooms... The place seemed alot bigger on the inside.

It wasn't long before the group could spot the figure of someone laying on the floor, but any that dared to draw close enough would find something unexpectedly popping out at them.

4eP1qQx.png

With a much more distorted, and sharper sounding sound effect, a cardboard cutout of what had once been a cartoonish ghost popped out of the wall. A much more chilling face appeared to have been painted onto its surface.

Fortunately, it was still nothing more than a cardboard cutout, or at least that's what one would hope, and those who ventured past would discover Poniko's lifeless body laying on the ground, from where they were, and oddly enough, there was a plastic cup laying on the floor, like the ones laying around on the refreshment tables in the ball room.

Of course, one could always investigate Poniko's body if they were feeling particularly inquisitive, but it would appear that Spooky had been telling the truth about the body... Which meant that there was indeed a killer on the loose now, pretending to be one of the party guests that had arrived before the ones with invitations.

@Verite @Jeremi @Atomyk
@Hall of Jumpscares

She would poke the body with her claw. Yes, this was certainly a lifeless corpse. Instead of investigating the body some more she'd hover closer to the cup and raised it up to give it a more closer look.

@Atomyk @Verite @york

Nikkari on the other hand was concerned, though you couldn't tell from the smile he still had on his face. "Well this party went south rather fast." He responded to Richter. "I am curious to see this body up close though, care to come with me to find it?"

"That's heavy?!" Dan gasped. "But you're so tiny! Uhh..." Oh yeah... you don't say that to people. He'd learned that the hard way after a half-pint Rindo-kan fighter handed is ass to him. He insisted she was lucky, but still... "What I meant is! You, uh, make it look like it's nothing!"

@Mason Moretti

It sounded like this poor guy had a lot of emotional baggage from both his mom and this creature. Maybe that's why he seemed so unconfident?

"Well, I wanna hang out with you!" Sakura chirped, beaming widely. "Wanna go check out another part of the mansion? ...once your, uh...part is done eating."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
NPWbGPA.gif

Very surprised someone would invite him, Crona flinched. "O-Oh, really? You're not joking, are you? I don't know how to deal with jokes very well..."

"Darn it, Crona, you should be more used to people already. Not everyone wants to avoid you," Ragnarok chimed in, licking his lips before he took a few more bites of food.

Uncertain, the witch's child eyeballed the ground for a moment before glancing back up at Sakura. "In that case, okay," he replied, appearing grateful. "Where do you think we should go?"

@Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.