Murder Game XVII: The Infinity Parable

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_nchszw9qXx1sjwazq.png

"A captain doesn't always act rash. I believe a man of little wit will quickly become a dead man if he's not careful. Is it surprising to you that I can be clever? I'm not just good looks, love," Hook replied, a crooked grin spreading on his lips. Killian was a survivor, after all. He didn't get as far as he was in life by acting without any thoughts whatsoever.

"Is that right?" Killian questioned when Krennic would explain himself and Emma would agree that it never happened. "That's not what it looked like from my angle, but very well. Just keep your hands to yourself, mate, or you might lose one of them," he said, subtly gesturing at Emma. "Take my word for it, you don't want that." Hook wasn't so much threatening the man as he was warning him that Emma herself would probably cut off his hand if he misbehaved with it. She was a feisty thing, that blonde. He was already well aware of what she could be capable of.

After glancing to his hook again, Killian replied to Star. "Having two hands is far better than owning a hook, I'll have you know, but I'm glad you've taken to the sight of it. If I may return the compliment, Star is a lovely name. Fitting for a lass like yourself." Whether he cared to admit it or not, Hook actually did like children and he was bound by his honor to be a gentlemen to women, most of the time. It may have seemed out of character for a pirate, but so long as he was sober Killian would usually treat girls with respect.

Listening to the conversation between Emma and America, he replied to them again. "Yet again, I agree with, Swan. Shockingly. All manner of beasts have a weakness. Never came across one that hasn't. As for these... hearts of light... we should make haste and locate them soon, before Thanos does. Any ideas as to how we find them?"

@Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @thatguyinthestore
pfk0X.jpg

"Thanks you guys! Emma and Hook are good names too." Star said in reply to the two before she had actually made her way over to Judy.

Before turning back to the bunny rabbit, Star faced the two one more time and wrapped them both in a friendly hug.

RruHS.jpg

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden

batch01_065.png

Emma nodded slowly at Killian's claims, one brow quirked and a faint grin on her face. "Really? I never would have guessed," she jabbed at his claim, giving him a brief once over before her green eyes flickered away. "But good. I'm glad you've got that much intuition. That'll keep you alive." Which, clearly she wanted, despite potential claims otherwise. She had just indirectly admitted it, herself, after all.

As Hook made his comment about Krennic seemingly going for her rear, Emma gave a brief pause, pursing her lips and tilting her head for a moment before nodding. "He's not wrong. I would cut your hand off if you tried. But don't worry, it's nothing against you; I'd do it to anyone," she mused, sincerely. Eventually, halfheartedly, she added. "Just for the record." Yeah. Good to make that really clear now to make sure now to avoid any worries or lack of clarity on the matter in the future. She wouldn't want anyone getting mislead.

Admittedly, Emma was mildly surprised by Killian's kind and calm words towards Star. She wouldn't have really expected him to be the type to make friends with little children, but hey- it was nice. It meant she wouldn't have to worry quite as much about trying to handle Star on her own, and if she screwed up, hopefully he would still be alright with her. Perhaps he wasn't the worst possible person to be stuck here with after all. But right now? There were much more pressing matters at hand than friendliness towards children, and--

tumblr_inline_nok0fe8uqr1sb19zr_100.png

"..."

Emma was silent as she was rather forcefully pulled into a group hug by the young girl, which naturally yanked her closer to both the kid and, well, the male in the equation that had been dragged in as well. The small size of the young girl's arms resulting in her winding up a bit closer to both of them- especially the latter -than desired. She rather awkwardly returned the embrace(though only with one arm since the other was tangled with Killian and nopeeee), offering a faint, awkward smile. "...Thanks, kid-- I mean, Star," she replied, quick to correct herself. As the girl moved before them, she spoke again, softly, pointedly avoiding looking at Hook. "See ya around."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremy @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @thatguyinthestore @errybodyyyyy(yeahhhh)rockyobodyyyyy(yeahhhhh)​

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
A hour and some sore feet later the group found themselves on the bridge. After some quick investigation of one of the towers the group found a secret lift that brought them to the aptly named Darkwing Tower.

Walking is for weaklings and fools who can't teleport like Xehanort can. However, he chose to stick close to the group as they traveled to Darkwing Tower.​

"Everyone's a critic." Darkwing mumbled at Amadeus' remark.​

It wasn't as if Darkwing hadn't thought of it already but he decided to humor the polarbear. Pushing Amadeus to the side he'd start up the computer to see if there was any action around the city. "Other than the Megavolt crime earlier...St Canard has been surprisingly quiet tonight. That usually means evil is afoot! And if there is, my equipment will find it!"

"The problem with finding weakness," America started. "Is the fact that he has nothing. The only way we can beat him is to hit him hard and fast and with our group I don't think that's po-" America's attention was suddenly drawn to a figure floating outside of the tower. It was humanoid and covered in a black cloak. For a moment she thought it was Xehanort but seeing him in the corner of her eye realized it wasn't one of their group. "Did anyone else see that?"

If anyone looked out the tower they saw nothing. "I could've sworn I saw someone out there."

Nevermind that wasn't important right now. "Emma is right though about the first part. Knowing what he wants to do with the lights is important. All I know is that he wanted to use me as a conduit to channel their power into...something. I don't know what."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @Shizuochan @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

"I believe I know why Thanos would gather seven lights, and I suppose you are the workaround for the pieces he lacks. Your power to travel between worlds was being used to gather the seven lights in order to open Kingdom Hearts."

Xehanort needed to be careful with the information he revealed, but explaining Kingdom Hearts was much easier than a continual struggle to guide the group's objective against an unknown evil.

Besides, it wasn't as if he hadnt explained an entire plan to a protagonist before.

"For all intents and purposes, Kingdom Hearts is power, and the kind of power that Thanos could use to destroy worlds."

@Jeremi

Violet Parr
@thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Josh M @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Others?

Violet arrived on scene a little too late but apparently just in time to get greeted by one of those who had been fighting the villain, whom had apparently been considerably outmatched by their sheer numbers and abilities alone. Though, seeing that this was the first time someone attempted to strike up a conversation with her here, she tried her best to put on a smile, despite how crazy this entire situation was.

"I'm Violet... P-..."
She was cut off by the late arrival of a strangely dressed duck, who was apparently the hero of this place.

It was probably for the best too, as she quickly realized that revealing her full name wasn't a good idea, even in a place like this; she had yet to think up a superhero name for herself to better disguise her identity... So for the time being, "Violet" would have to do.

For a while, Violet appeared to hang back as the city's hero, who called himself "Dark Wing", (bickered) discussed with the others... And while he initially came off as kind of mouthy, and was rather insulted by the unexpected help he got, she couldn't help but wonder what it was like seeing Dark Wing in battle.

As they were lead back to his lair, and introduced to his much nicer sidekick, along the way, Violet had more time to think, and when she arrived at Dark Wing's lair, explore the area a little. Though noticing that a few people already got warned off of touching his stuff, she decided to refrain from reaching out herself, and instead, just observed from a distance.

However, she was quickly distracted by America's mention of someone outside... But yet, despite peering outside herself, Violet was unable to catch what they had been talking about...

Their discussion about Thanos, and what he might have initially been planning before they were able to escape thanks to the convenient timing of a solar flare only furthered her concerns about what might be outside the tower.

GuhNflU.png

"Wait... This Thanos... Do you think he... Sent someone after us?" She asked quietly.

While she wasn't sure what kind of person Thanos was, she knew that the few villains she had encountered, and many she had heard of during her father's stories about the glory days tended to have minions when they enacted particularly big plans, and considering their recent experience with Syndrome... Violet was a bit more on guard about subtle things like this.​

pfk0X.jpg

"Thanks you guys! Emma and Hook are good names too." Star said in reply to the two before she had actually made her way over to Judy.

Before turning back to the bunny rabbit, Star faced the two one more time and wrapped them both in a friendly hug.

RruHS.jpg

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden

batch01_065.png

Emma nodded slowly at Killian's claims, one brow quirked and a faint grin on her face. "Really? I never would have guessed," she jabbed at his claim, giving him a brief once over before her green eyes flickered away. "But good. I'm glad you've got that much intuition. That'll keep you alive." Which, clearly she wanted, despite potential claims otherwise. She had just indirectly admitted it, herself, after all.

As Hook made his comment about Krennic seemingly going for her rear, Emma gave a brief pause, pursing her lips and tilting her head for a moment before nodding. "He's not wrong. I would cut your hand off if you tried. But don't worry, it's nothing against you; I'd do it to anyone," she mused, sincerely. Eventually, halfheartedly, she added. "Just for the record." Yeah. Good to make that really clear now to make sure now to avoid any worries or lack of clarity on the matter in the future. She wouldn't want anyone getting mislead.

Admittedly, Emma was mildly surprised by Killian's kind and calm words towards Star. She wouldn't have really expected him to be the type to make friends with little children, but hey- it was nice. It meant she wouldn't have to worry quite as much about trying to handle Star on her own, and if she screwed up, hopefully he would still be alright with her. Perhaps he wasn't the worst possible person to be stuck here with after all. But right now? There were much more pressing matters at hand than friendliness towards children, and--

tumblr_inline_nok0fe8uqr1sb19zr_100.png

"..."

Emma was silent as she was rather forcefully pulled into a group hug by the young girl, which naturally yanked her closer to both the kid and, well, the male in the equation that had been dragged in as well. The small size of the young girl's arms resulting in her winding up a bit closer to both of them- especially the latter -than desired. She rather awkwardly returned the embrace(though only with one arm since the other was tangled with Killian and nopeeee), offering a faint, awkward smile. "...Thanks, kid-- I mean, Star," she replied, quick to correct herself. As the girl moved before them, she spoke again, softly, pointedly avoiding looking at Hook. "See ya around."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremy @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @thatguyinthestore @errybodyyyyy(yeahhhh)rockyobodyyyyy(yeahhhhh)​
Killian found himself chuckling at Emma's comment directed at Krennic, caught off guard when he would suddenly be pulled into a hug with Star and--

tumblr_inline_o5hq1xtd5m1rf0wjt_100.png

"Emma."

Without thinking, he muttered the blonde's name, his blue eyes widening for a split second. The pirate wouldn't mean to, but he would look at her like a puppy begging for scraps. She was ravishing up close, and made him lose his train of thought for a split second. The only other woman who ever had such an effect on him had been Milah, his first love. It was as if he had momentarily been enchanted, an enchantment that wore off when Star would release them from the hug. Not very used to being hugged by children, he only gave Star a brief nod.

Quickly covering up his own awkwardness, he would tease Emma after the event. "Couldn't take your eyes off me, could you? Can't blame you. I'm a sight for any sore eyes," he teased, grinning at her. "Feel free to embrace me again if you can't hold yourself back." Although it was a joke, he honestly wouldn't have minded if she did.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Everyone's a critic." Darkwing mumbled at Amadeus' remark.​

It wasn't as if Darkwing hadn't thought of it already but he decided to humor the polarbear. Pushing Amadeus to the side he'd start up the computer to see if there was any action around the city. "Other than the Megavolt crime earlier...St Canard has been surprisingly quiet tonight. That usually means evil is afoot! And if there is, my equipment will find it!"

"The problem with finding weakness," America started. "Is the fact that he has nothing. The only way we can beat him is to hit him hard and fast and with our group I don't think that's po-" America's attention was suddenly drawn to a figure floating outside of the tower. It was humanoid and covered in a black cloak. For a moment she thought it was Xehanort but seeing him in the corner of her eye realized it wasn't one of their group. "Did anyone else see that?"

If anyone looked out the tower they saw nothing. "I could've sworn I saw someone out there."

Nevermind that wasn't important right now. "Emma is right though about the first part. Knowing what he wants to do with the lights is important. All I know is that he wanted to use me as a conduit to channel their power into...something. I don't know what."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @Shizuochan @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

Tmrl9.jpg

"Right." Star said in response to Emma and cracking her a small smile. "Oh, and you can call me Star by the way." She said, not really liking the idea of being called "kid."

Star then turned to Hook and smiled, not really caring that he was showing off. "That's cool! Ooo, maybe I can get Marco to get a cool hook hand!" Star exclaimed, finding Hook admittedly attractive.

Though she wasn't about to admit that our loud.

After her conversations with those two, Star skipped her way around the lair before finally stopping at Judy's location.

"Heeeeeey Judy! I saw how you put that crazy rat guy in handcuffs. That was so cool!" And cute.

It was also very cute.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden

images

"Uh huh. Well just let us know when it does." Marco responded in an unamused tone. This guy's ego was almost as inflated as Ludo's, and Marco didn't like that guy at all.

With that out of the way, the teen made his way over to the parrot called Zé. Approaching him with his hands in his hoodie pocket, Marco decided to make small talk with him for the time being.

"So that magic of yours... where exactly does it come from? Are you like a magician or something?" Marco asked curiously. He still remembered that one magician at Sensei's birthday party. It turned out that he was literally stealing people's joy to perform his tricks.

Sure, Marco didn't mind too much, but he still hoped that this wasn't the case with Zé. Marco could only deal with one weird bird in his lifetime, thank you.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Crow

Violet Parr
@thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Josh M @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Others?

Violet arrived on scene a little too late but apparently just in time to get greeted by one of those who had been fighting the villain, whom had apparently been considerably outmatched by their sheer numbers and abilities alone. Though, seeing that this was the first time someone attempted to strike up a conversation with her here, she tried her best to put on a smile, despite how crazy this entire situation was.

"I'm Violet... P-..."
She was cut off by the late arrival of a strangely dressed duck, who was apparently the hero of this place.

It was probably for the best too, as she quickly realized that revealing her full name wasn't a good idea, even in a place like this; she had yet to think up a superhero name for herself to better disguise her identity... So for the time being, "Violet" would have to do.

For a while, Violet appeared to hang back as the city's hero, who called himself "Dark Wing", (bickered) discussed with the others... And while he initially came off as kind of mouthy, and was rather insulted by the unexpected help he got, she couldn't help but wonder what it was like seeing Dark Wing in battle.

As they were lead back to his lair, and introduced to his much nicer sidekick, along the way, Violet had more time to think, and when she arrived at Dark Wing's lair, explore the area a little. Though noticing that a few people already got warned off of touching his stuff, she decided to refrain from reaching out herself, and instead, just observed from a distance.

However, she was quickly distracted by America's mention of someone outside... But yet, despite peering outside herself, Violet was unable to catch what they had been talking about...

Their discussion about Thanos, and what he might have initially been planning before they were able to escape thanks to the convenient timing of a solar flare only furthered her concerns about what might be outside the tower.

GuhNflU.png

"Wait... This Thanos... Do you think he... Sent someone after us?" She asked quietly.

While she wasn't sure what kind of person Thanos was, she knew that the few villains she had encountered, and many she had heard of during her father's stories about the glory days tended to have minions when they enacted particularly big plans, and considering their recent experience with Syndrome... Violet was a bit more on guard about subtle things like this.
To Marco's question, Zé would simply smile and say, "A gentleman never reveals his tricks." Glancing around he leaned forward, as if to whisper. "But...I can tell you, as a friend, that it may or may not have to do with-"

America and Violet's concerns would stop him. "Someone found us? No, it cannot be! We barely stopped in, we...hm..." Zé leaned on his umbrella in thought. "Perhaps I can patrol the area? Make sure nothing is suspicious? After all..." Zé would spin around, revealing four of him. All would say: "...I can get the work done in one-fourth of the time!"

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @York

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: thatguyinthestore
He came out more annoyed from the both of them threatening him. Krennic growled disapprovingly at the both. "I am NOT interested in your woman or your man!" Krennic shook his head, addressing the both of them, and grunted. "Might as well just kiss, for the hell of it." He then finally addressed both Killian and Venom, one more mocking than the other.

"Neither of you know the true technological prowess of such a deadly and awesome machine. Imagine a battle station, with millions of men of the Empire, with deadly cannons ready to attack even the largest of targets... Imagine..." He smirked at both men before taking out his communicator from his belt, and presenting the image of the Death Star.

star-wars-death-star-hologram.jpg

"Imagine a weapon, that with the touch of a button, incites fear into the scum of the universe and allows for the raw death of millions of Rebel conspirators." Orson stares at the hologram of his machine, darting his eyes at Killian and Venom. "That is my Death Star. I designed and built the most powerful weapon on any system." The spherical Death Star rotates in circles, as Krennic grins at this point at his achievement. "That is my Death Star. And with it, I shall become the Emperors closest confidant."

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Josh M

• Love
Joking aside, Flash followed the group into the lair. Staying near his main allies Pocahontas and Hiro, he turn to the young hero.

"So what you think about this, kid?"

However, something caught his ears.
tumblr_inline_ntv7d8qjUN1txuobi_100.jpg

"Hmm? What, you mean the lair? It's... It's more than I expected from a costumed duck, though I guess I didn't exactly expect to meet a costumed duck at all in the first place," Hiro commented, pursing his lips as he tried to make sense of all this. Granted, his life was pretty extraordinary, but he never would have imagined that he'd wake up today and meet a whole bunch of people from across different dimensions, as far as he understood it, and the majority of them being talking animals.

He wasn't really sure what was weirder. The whole "meeting people across the multiverse" thing or the "talking animals" in general. It was just like out of a kid's movie or so.
"Death star? What Death star? You only bring it up every five minutes. I must have missed it."
This guy was a pain. Flash was an army man, most. people in higher ranks went like the admiral, thank god. He was all about "I, and me" while Flash was taught to be more about "Us" and "we". Team sports teach you that.

Turning back to the main, Flash spoke.

"You, as soon as you realize your status and power mean nothing here, at this moment, you'll have a better experience. You just got to accept that we're all in the same team. Like or not. I'll assume you don't."
"Neither of you know the true technological prowess of such a deadly and awesome machine. Imagine a battle station, with millions of men of the Empire, with deadly cannons ready to attack even the largest of targets... Imagine..." He smirked at both men before taking out his communicator from his belt, and presenting the image of the Death Star.

"Imagine a weapon, that with the touch of a button, incites fear into the scum of the universe and allows for the raw death of millions of Rebel conspirators." Orson stares at the hologram of his machine, darting his eyes at Killian and Venom. "That is my Death Star. I designed and built the most powerful weapon on any system." The spherical Death Star rotates in circles, as Krennic grins at this point at his achievement. "That is my Death Star. And with it, I shall become the Emperors closest confidant.
tumblr_inline_n8r9cjpMTN1sjw053.png

"... Oh."

So not only was this Krennic a rather humorless old man, but he was practically verging on diabolical, just like Professor Callaghan, except while the old professor hid behind a facade, this man seemed to revel in his wicked ways. How pleasant. They had to travel with a bona fide supervillain.

More than that, coming from a world where technology had advanced quite a bit, possibly moreso than the worlds of the others here if he had to make a guess, the boy could only guess that Krennic was far from bluffing, and that he truly was capable of constructing some machine that could destroy entire planets with but the touch of a button. However, the worry of what Krennic and his so-called "Emperor" might do with it was, perhaps surprisingly, not the first thing on Hiro's mind. After all, if he could stop one diabolical old man, then what was another, right? No, no, it was what those who had previously captured them that worried Hiro, and what might happen should they get their hands on such a device.

"Okay, okay, look... Uh, ignoring the you being proud of making a giant killing machine and fully intending to use it for a hot second, easier said than done by the way..." Hiro spoke up, raising his hands and stepping between Flash and Krennic, "That thing wouldn't happen to be fully operational, would it? 'Cause... Well, lemme get this straight, that red dude with spikes on his head from before... You seemed to know him, and if he's from your world, he wouldn't happen to be able to get his hands on it and bring it to that Thanos dude, would he? 'Cause ah... Y'know."

tumblr_inline_n8ra7u4kxV1sjw053.png

"That would be really, really bad."

"And you can say that there's no way, but if you ask me, if there's even a slight chance of the possibility, then Mr. Flash is right, it's important that we all level with each other and work together, even if it's not uh... the most ideal scenario for some. 'Cause the alternative is outta the question. We're in this together, here and now."

Baymax just silently nodded in agreement, meanwhile.

@Josh M @Takumi @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Kaykay @Anybody

To Marco's question, Zé would simply smile and say, "A gentleman never reveals his tricks." Glancing around he leaned forward, as if to whisper. "But...I can tell you, as a friend, that it may or may not have to do with-"

America and Violet's concerns would stop him. "Someone found us? No, it cannot be! We barely stopped in, we...hm..." Zé leaned on his umbrella in thought. "Perhaps I can patrol the area? Make sure nothing is suspicious? After all..." Zé would spin around, revealing four of him. All would say: "...I can get the work done in one-fourth of the time!"

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @York
Marco had been eagerly listening to Zé's explanation, that is until the bird was cut off by the apparent notice of someone outside.

FR02bs3.jpg

"Wait... there's someone here?!" Marco then turned to Darkwing Duck with a less than pleased expression on his face. "Great job! Thanks to you, now we're probably going to die!" The teen screamed, placing his hands on his head out of anxiety.

This little panic attack actually is what caused Star to end the hug between her, Emma, and Killian earlier than she would have liked.
"Sorry..." She began as she pulled herself out of the hug and slowly began backing away. "...but I've gotta go help my best friend." The interdimensional Princess then fully turned away from the pair, only looking back as she was already jogging toward the other teenager. "It was nice meeting you two!" She yelled over to them before finally reaching Marco.

Once she reached the Safe Kid, she immediately placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder and smiled, which eased his tension a bit.
"Everything is gonna be fine! We've dealt with monsters before."

"I know, Star. But these guys feel different from Ludo's normal minions. I dunno why, but this whole situation is giving me a ton of deja vù from the time Toffee kidnapped me." Marco said before shuddering. He still remembered him what it felt like being chained down in that glass cage. And then when he started lowering it and the weight of the cage was pushing against his own small teenage body, damn near crushing him to death. He probably wouldn't even be standing here right now if Star hadn't come to rescue him in the literal nick of time. Not to mention that face...

5fmGeET.jpg

God, Marco had nightmares for weeks after that incident.

Star had grasped Marco by the shoulders, causing the latter to avert her gaze. "We'll be fine. Toffee is dead. He isn't coming back, alright? And this weird Thanos guy, no matter how strong he is, we're gonna kick his butt like we always do!"

Marco fell silent for a second, pondering the words that Star said in his head. After a few moments, the safe kid just let his hug do all the talking for him.

2OdP.jpg

"Mess up twins for life?"

"Mess up twins for life."

After their little moment (trust me there's gonna be a lot more), both Star and Marco decided to head outside and investigate.

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @people​

Hercules and Megara

Hercules looked over at the other man and tilted his head as he realized that the other man was addressing him. " Well, yes, I'm from Olympus. Zeus is my father and Hera is my mother. Hades forced me to be human when I was an infant. I can't really say that I am a great hero of Greece, I am just starting off and not getting off to a good start if rescuing Megara had any indictation. Though, Phil thinks that I have great potential to be the best like Achilles."

Megara paused and listened. " Does anyone think it is possible that there might be a heart of light here? There are seven of them and Thanos only managed to get two of them in two of us. I mean, chasing us down is important, but if he is as smart and powerful as you are suggesting, wouldn't it be easier to let us lead him to the hearts of light and get the other five while we are running from him?" She asked.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Others

Raising a brow and slinking up beside America, Judy would chime in. "Well the way I see it...this Thanos guy must've had some way of finding two of these hearts, but there's still five left, right? Is it far-fetched to think we could figure out our own way of tracking down the remaining five before he does? And do-"
"I believe I know why Thanos would gather seven lights, and I suppose you are the workaround for the pieces he lacks. Your power to travel between worlds was being used to gather the seven lights in order to open Kingdom Hearts."

Xehanort needed to be careful with the information he revealed, but explaining Kingdom Hearts was much easier than a continual struggle to guide the group's objective against an unknown evil.

Besides, it wasn't as if he hadnt explained an entire plan to a protagonist before.

"For all intents and purposes, Kingdom Hearts is power, and the kind of power that Thanos could use to destroy worlds."

Judy immediately pointed to Xehanort once he explained the function of the mystical hearts.
"That! We open Kingdom Hearts with them and use its power against Thanos! That's a smart superhero plan right?"

@Jeremi @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9

Megara looked over at Judy. " That is a great plan, we only have one problem. We don't know who those hearts are, there are seven of them and we know nothing about them. We don't know their names, their genders, anything about them. Heck, we don't even know who these hearts are... well... expect one, Miss Chavez, didn't he mention you as one of the Heart of Lights?"

@Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah

Killian found himself chuckling at Emma's comment directed at Krennic, caught off guard when he would suddenly be pulled into a hug with Star and--

tumblr_inline_o5hq1xtd5m1rf0wjt_100.png

"Emma."

Without thinking, he muttered the blonde's name, his blue eyes widening for a split second. The pirate wouldn't mean to, but he would look at her like a puppy begging for scraps. She was ravishing up close, and made him lose his train of thought for a split second. The only other woman who ever had such an effect on him had been Milah, his first love. It was as if he had momentarily been enchanted, an enchantment that wore off when Star would release them from the hug. Not very used to being hugged by children, he only gave Star a brief nod.

Quickly covering up his own awkwardness, he would tease Emma after the event. "Couldn't take your eyes off me, could you? Can't blame you. I'm a sight for any sore eyes," he teased, grinning at her. "Feel free to embrace me again if you can't hold yourself back." Although it was a joke, he honestly wouldn't have minded if she did.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore
He came out more annoyed from the both of them threatening him. Krennic growled disapprovingly at the both. "I am NOT interested in your woman or your man!" Krennic shook his head, addressing the both of them, and grunted. "Might as well just kiss, for the hell of it." He then finally addressed both Killian and Venom, one more mocking than the other.

"Imagine a weapon, that with the touch of a button, incites fear into the scum of the universe and allows for the raw death of millions of Rebel conspirators." Orson stares at the hologram of his machine, darting his eyes at Killian and Venom. "That is my Death Star. I designed and built the most powerful weapon on any system." The spherical Death Star rotates in circles, as Krennic grins at this point at his achievement. "That is my Death Star. And with it, I shall become the Emperors closest confidant."

Marco had been eagerly listening to Zé's explanation, that is until the bird was cut off by the apparent notice of someone outside.

FR02bs3.jpg

"Wait... there's someone here?!" Marco then turned to Darkwing Duck with a less than pleased expression on his face. "Great job! Thanks to you, now we're probably going to die!" The teen screamed, placing his hands on his head out of anxiety.

This little panic attack actually is what caused Star to end the hug between her, Emma, and Killian earlier than she would have liked.
"Sorry..." She began as she pulled herself out of the hug and slowly began backing away. "...but I've gotta go help my best friend." The interdimensional Princess then fully turned away from the pair, only looking back as she was already jogging toward the other teenager. "It was nice meeting you two!" She yelled over to them before finally reaching Marco.

Once she reached the Safe Kid, she immediately placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder and smiled, which eased his tension a bit.

"I know, Star. But these guys feel different from Ludo's normal minions. I dunno why, but this whole situation is giving me a ton of deja vù from the time Toffee kidnapped me." Marco said before shuddering. He still remembered him what it felt like being chained down in that glass cage. And then when he started lowering it and the weight of the cage was pushing against his own small teenage body, damn near crushing him to death. He probably wouldn't even be standing here right now if Star hadn't come to rescue him in the literal nick of time. Not to mention that face...

tumblr_inline_nzdfjgC4CL1tab5zj_100.jpg

For a fleeting moment, Emma directed her gaze to the pirate as he uttered her name, looking slightly surprised by this. There was a moment of her simply staring at him with wide eyes, admittedly slightly astonished by the sight of his blue eyes when they were this close. They were already sharp before, but-- Woah. Back up there. She sucked in a deep breath, not realizing she had paused in her breathing, quickly averting her gaze. She didn't need to stare at him like that. Didn't need to pay him any attention at all, even when he was up this close and honestly? Handsome to the point of being breathtaking.

--Focus. Damn it.

Forcing herself out of her trance, she quickly scrambled back from the embrace, feeling somewhat awkward. The last time she had been stuck in his arms like that had been when she had tripped and fallen against him on their beanstalk adventure, and he had ensnared her in his embrace. But she didn't really want to think about that right now. "Yeah, good luck," she muttered to Star as she took off, looking somewhat out of her element in that moment. But she managed to recover after a long moment, blinking a few times and slowly looking again to the pirate.

batch01_014.png

Only to, well, give him a look. "Oh, please. If anything, you were the one who's eyes were roaming," she remarked with mild amusement, eyebrows raised in expression of such. "Besides, if you really think I'm going to be longing for your embrace just because some kid pulled us into a group hug? You've got something coming," she declared. Yes. He did have something coming: the revelation that he was right and she definitely wouldn't mind another bout of closeness like that. Not that she would ever voice such. Instead, she tried to focus again on the matter at hand, and--

Wait. Wat.

tumblr_inline_nzdfjieIJE1tab5zj_100.jpg

"Woah, woah, woah- back up! He is not 'my man' and I am definitely not his woman," Emma snapped, looking offended and almost horrified by Krennic's words. "I've already said it. I'm not in the romance game and, even if I were? Seriously? Him?" she inquired, glancing to Killian pointedly. Yes. She definitely hadn't been eyeing him up or enjoying that hug. Definitely. "And kissing? Definitely out of the picture."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @everyboday​

Violet Parr

"I'm Violet... P-..."

GuhNflU.png

While she wasn't sure what kind of person Thanos was, she knew that the few villains she had encountered, and many she had heard of during her father's stories about the glory days tended to have minions when they enacted particularly big plans, and considering their recent experience with Syndrome... Violet was a bit more on guard about subtle things like this.​

While Star was waiting to go outside of the lair and investigate, she had approached the girl from earlier and offered her a friendly smile.

images

"Hey! We didn't get to finish talking earlier. I'm Star. What's your name?" The princess asked in as friendly of a tone as possible, not hearing Violet's name earlier due to all the commotion.

@York

Raising a brow and slinking up beside America, Judy would chime in. "Well the way I see it...this Thanos guy must've had some way of finding two of these hearts, but there's still five left, right? Is it far-fetched to think we could figure out our own way of tracking down the remaining five before he does? And do-"

Judy immediately pointed to Xehanort once he explained the function of the mystical hearts.
"That! We open Kingdom Hearts with them and use its power against Thanos! That's a smart superhero plan right?"

@Jeremi @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9

Megara looked over at Judy. " That is a great plan, we only have one problem. We don't know who those hearts are, there are seven of them and we know nothing about them. We don't know their names, their genders, anything about them. Heck, we don't even know who these hearts are... well... expect one, Miss Chavez, didn't he mention you as one of the Heart of Lights?"

"I agree, Kingdom Hearts would make a valuable weapon against Thanos. And Megara, although we do not know who those hearts are now, there are ways of finding out. These 'Hearts of Light' appear to be separate from the 'Princesses of Heart' I've researched," or, rather, he would research in the future, "but they must function the same. So, there are two options. One is removing potential light's hearts and seeing if they are purely light. Although that could get a bit messy, it would be swift."

"I can assume that the people and animals here won't agree to that. There is another possibility. We choose to fight the dark creatures Thanos sends our way instead of running from them. The true Hearts of Light will be incorruptible by the darkness and can sense when the darkness is near."
@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9

"Hmm? What, you mean the lair? It's... It's more than I expected from a costumed duck, though I guess I didn't exactly expect to meet a costumed duck at all in the first place," Hiro commented, pursing his lips as he tried to make sense of all this. Granted, his life was pretty extraordinary, but he never would have imagined that he'd wake up today and meet a whole bunch of people from across different dimensions, as far as he understood it, and the majority of them being talking animals.

He wasn't really sure what was weirder. The whole "meeting people across the multiverse" thing or the "talking animals" in general. It was just like out of a kid's movie or so.

"... Oh."

So not only was this Krennic a rather humorless old man, but he was practically verging on diabolical, just like Professor Callaghan, except while the old professor hid behind a facade, this man seemed to revel in his wicked ways. How pleasant. They had to travel with a bona fide supervillain.

More than that, coming from a world where technology had advanced quite a bit, possibly moreso than the worlds of the others here if he had to make a guess, the boy could only guess that Krennic was far from bluffing, and that he truly was capable of constructing some machine that could destroy entire planets with but the touch of a button. However, the worry of what Krennic and his so-called "Emperor" might do with it was, perhaps surprisingly, not the first thing on Hiro's mind. After all, if he could stop one diabolical old man, then what was another, right? No, no, it was what those who had previously captured them that worried Hiro, and what might happen should they get their hands on such a device.

"Okay, okay, look... Uh, ignoring the you being proud of making a giant killing machine and fully intending to use it for a hot second, easier said than done by the way..." Hiro spoke up, raising his hands and stepping between Flash and Krennic, "That thing wouldn't happen to be fully operational, would it? 'Cause... Well, lemme get this straight, that red dude with spikes on his head from before... You seemed to know him, and if he's from your world, he wouldn't happen to be able to get his hands on it and bring it to that Thanos dude, would he? 'Cause ah... Y'know."

"And you can say that there's no way, but if you ask me, if there's even a slight chance of the possibility, then Mr. Flash is right, it's important that we all level with each other and work together, even if it's not uh... the most ideal scenario for some. 'Cause the alternative is outta the question. We're in this together, here and now."

Krennic smiled at the teenager, turning off the hologram and putting the communicator away in his belt. "My, what an intelligent fellow." He smirked and nodded, his hands placed in a forward at ease position. "Yes, the Death Star is fully operational. But will he, or anybody be able to get on it? No. Not even a hundred Jedi could handle the millions of Empire soldiers on the station, nor the two Sith on there." Krennic sighed, shaking his head in dissapointment of his enemy. "Emperor Palpatine resides on the Eclipse, as Lord Vader on the Devastator. They're the two strongest with alive. The presence of Maul means nothing to me. He was a prisoner of the Empire and sent to the planet Dathomir." He gave a slight chuckle and shrugged his shoulders in amusement.

"It'll be impossible. Battalions and battalion's of the Empires Finest, from the Imperial Navy, and its Army inhabit the place, not including the countless Stormtroopers and Death Troopers." Krennic was at this point simply admiring and gloating of his own work. "You, my child, might have a chance to be part of the Imperial Naval Academy just yet.."​

Walking is for weaklings and fools who can't teleport like Xehanort can. However, he chose to stick close to the group as they traveled to Darkwing Tower.​

@Jeremi

America didn't much care how Xehanort knew this but at least now they had some idea about what Thanos was trying to do. "So we don't let him open Kingdom Hearts. He's destroyed galaxies in the past, with that kind of power in his hands..."

FR02bs3.jpg

5fmGeET.jpg

God, Marco had nightmares for weeks after that incident.

Star had grasped Marco by the shoulders, causing the latter to avert her gaze. "We'll be fine. Toffee is dead. He isn't coming back, alright? And this weird Thanos guy, no matter how strong he is, we're gonna kick his butt like we always do!"

Marco fell silent for a second, pondering the words that Star said in his head. After a few moments, the safe kid just let his hug do all the talking for him.

2OdP.jpg

"Mess up twins for life?"

"Mess up twins for life."

After their little moment (trust me there's gonna be a lot more), both Star and Marco decided to head outside and investigate.

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @people​

Darkwing did not appreciate the accusation. "I lead them here?! Excuse if a party of twenty people couldn't act more natural! Besides if someone had been there then my sensors would have alerted me!"

For those that went to investigate they found no trace of anyone having been out there.

"He was quite clear on my role."
She stated. "Like I mentioned I was just the conduit for the hearts of light, probably because of my powers."

"I agree, Kingdom Hearts would make a valuable weapon against Thanos. And Megara, although we do not know who those hearts are now, there are ways of finding out. These 'Hearts of Light' appear to be separate from the 'Princesses of Heart' I've researched," or, rather, he would research in the future, "but they must function the same. So, there are two options. One is removing potential light's hearts and seeing if they are purely light. Although that could get a bit messy, it would be swift."

"I can assume that the people and animals here won't agree to that. There is another possibility. We choose to fight the dark creatures Thanos sends our way instead of running from them. The true Hearts of Light will be incorruptible by the darkness and can sense when the darkness is near."
@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9

America didn't like to leave anyone in danger. "Next time yeah. I'm not going to go out looking for those creatures if I don't have to."

Megara and Hercules

Megara looked at America. " So, what is basically comes down to is that we are going to have to find these creatures and see who can see them. I really don't think this is a good plan, but if you said you saw something, is it possible that being a conduit also granted you those abilities?" She asked.

Hercules was silent, looking around for any other threats.

@Jeremi [ USER=10723]@Archmage Jeremiah[/USER] @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @Shizuochan @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

tumblr_inline_nzdfjgC4CL1tab5zj_100.jpg

For a fleeting moment, Emma directed her gaze to the pirate as he uttered her name, looking slightly surprised by this. There was a moment of her simply staring at him with wide eyes, admittedly slightly astonished by the sight of his blue eyes when they were this close. They were already sharp before, but-- Woah. Back up there. She sucked in a deep breath, not realizing she had paused in her breathing, quickly averting her gaze. She didn't need to stare at him like that. Didn't need to pay him any attention at all, even when he was up this close and honestly? Handsome to the point of being breathtaking.

--Focus. Damn it.

Forcing herself out of her trance, she quickly scrambled back from the embrace, feeling somewhat awkward. The last time she had been stuck in his arms like that had been when she had tripped and fallen against him on their beanstalk adventure, and he had ensnared her in his embrace. But she didn't really want to think about that right now. "Yeah, good luck," she muttered to Star as she took off, looking somewhat out of her element in that moment. But she managed to recover after a long moment, blinking a few times and slowly looking again to the pirate.

batch01_014.png

Only to, well, give him a look. "Oh, please. If anything, you were the one who's eyes were roaming," she remarked with mild amusement, eyebrows raised in expression of such. "Besides, if you really think I'm going to be longing for your embrace just because some kid pulled us into a group hug? You've got something coming," she declared. Yes. He did have something coming: the revelation that he was right and she definitely wouldn't mind another bout of closeness like that. Not that she would ever voice such. Instead, she tried to focus again on the matter at hand, and--

Wait. Wat.

tumblr_inline_nzdfjieIJE1tab5zj_100.jpg

"Woah, woah, woah- back up! He is not 'my man' and I am definitely not his woman," Emma snapped, looking offended and almost horrified by Krennic's words. "I've already said it. I'm not in the romance game and, even if I were? Seriously? Him?" she inquired, glancing to Killian pointedly. Yes. She definitely hadn't been eyeing him up or enjoying that hug. Definitely. "And kissing? Definitely out of the picture."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @everyboday​
Oh, what's this~? Had Hook spied Emma gazing back at him? For a brief moment, while she had been looking, their eyes connected. Deep down, he wondered if she felt some sort of connection with him, or if she had just been gazing into his crystal blue eyes. Regardless, Killian enjoyed the little moment, inwardly giddy that she had been staring. He wouldn't admit it, but he was. He didn't want to come on too strong, nor hurt his reputation as a hard-hearted pirate by seeming too lovesick.

tumblr_inline_o456wzQY7m1tse695_100.png

"It's okay, love, you don't have to say how you really feel. Everyone will know eventually," Killian teased when Emma would deny longing for his embrace. The thought didn't even cross his mind that she was entirely serious. He had a rather large head when it came to his opinion that he could get any woman interested in him if he wanted to. If she wasn't now, she would be in due time. This was a game he would win. Or, at least, he tried to tell himself it was...

Before Killian would even have a chance to comment on Krennic's kiss suggestion, Emma would shoot it down. "Is that so? Well I--on the other hand--rather fancy your idea, Krennic." The pirate would then look to the blonde afterwards, teasingly extending a sad lower lip as if he had been crushed. "What do you mean him? I'll have you know I'm quite the catch. And I don't mean to brag, but I'm rather good at kissing if I do say so myself. Nothing to be intimidated by~"

@Midnight Maiden @dalecOoOoOoOoOper

Oh, what's this~? Had Hook spied Emma gazing back at him? For a brief moment, while she had been looking, their eyes connected. Deep down, he wondered if she felt some sort of connection with him, or if she had just been gazing into his crystal blue eyes. Regardless, Killian enjoyed the little moment, inwardly giddy that she had been staring. He wouldn't admit it, but he was. He didn't want to come on too strong, nor hurt his reputation as a hard-hearted pirate by seeming too lovesick.

tumblr_inline_o456wzQY7m1tse695_100.png

"It's okay, love, you don't have to say how you really feel. Everyone will know eventually," Killian teased when Emma would deny longing for his embrace. The thought didn't even cross his mind that she was entirely serious. He had a rather large head when it came to his opinion that he could get any woman interested in him if he wanted to. If she wasn't now, she would be in due time. This was a game he would win. Or, at least, he tried to tell himself it was...

Before Killian would even have a chance to comment on Krennic's kiss suggestion, Emma would shoot it down. "Is that so? Well I--on the other hand--rather fancy your idea, Krennic." The pirate would then look to the blonde afterwards, teasingly extending a sad lower lip as if he had been crushed. "What do you mean him? I'll have you know I'm quite the catch. And I don't mean to brag, but I'm rather good at kissing if I do say so myself. Nothing to be intimidated by~"

@Midnight Maiden @dalecOoOoOoOoOper
Meanwhile, Star had eased her way back over to Emma and Krillian. Having listened in on their recent conversation, Star shot them both a look that summed up her thoughts on the matter rather well.

9erGx.png

"Come on, it's so obvious that you two are gonna get together. You're perfect for each other!" Star said without even so much as a care in the world, mainly talking to Emma in this case.

Though she was mostly teasing her.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @dalecOoOoOoOoOper

• Nice Execution!

"... Oh."

th

"Yes, maybe you should listen to Mr. Flash."

A slight smirk was under Flash's mask. He loved being right.
Krennic smiled at the teenager, turning off the hologram and putting the communicator away in his belt. "My, what an intelligent fellow." He smirked and nodded, his hands placed in a forward at ease position. "Yes, the Death Star is fully operational. But will he, or anybody be able to get on it? No. Not even a hundred Jedi could handle the millions of Empire soldiers on the station, nor the two Sith on there." Krennic sighed, shaking his head in dissapointment of his enemy. "Emperor Palpatine resides on the Eclipse, as Lord Vader on the Devastator. They're the two strongest with alive. The presence of Maul means nothing to me. He was a prisoner of the Empire and sent to the planet Dathomir." He gave a slight chuckle and shrugged his shoulders in amusement.

"It'll be impossible. Battalions and battalion's of the Empires Finest, from the Imperial Navy, and its Army inhabit the place, not including the countless Stormtroopers and Death Troopers." Krennic was at this point simply admiring and gloating of his own work. "You, my child, might have a chance to be part of the Imperial Naval Academy just yet.."​

"You son of a bitch. I knew it."

Moving away from Hiro and Pocahontas, Flash grabbed Krennic by the throat, forcing him against a wall. It was like being back in high school, just grabbing a guy, and slamming him hard with no remorse. However, this time Flash was on the side of the angel.

"Let me get this straight, you just gloated about killing innocent people with giant murder planet, and you expect us all of us to sigh off on it! You just humble admitted to being a mass murdering asshole, an you except us to be cool with that? Here's the deal; Am I worried about Thanos? Yeah. But I gotta ask everyone here, what's the different between you and him?"

Flash became more angry, and more savage as he tossed Krennic cross the room like a rag doll. Hitting another wall. March to the man, Flash's hand was on his gun.

"You see, I know your type. As soon as we locked eyes, I knew you were dubious and total slim. Monsters know monsters. However, I had to play nice. I wanted to play nice!"

Yelling those word, Flash pushed over a nearby object, sending it flying. Tracking a breath, Flash was still in control. Pointing his utility gun at Krennic, Flash looked down at him.

"Get on your knees. You want to live? You can ask me, ask me to let you go. Just say "Please Flash, have mercy." Or you can be prideful piece of crap, and can see where that takes you."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @Shizuochan @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

Status
Not open for further replies.