Murder Game IV: Monokuma Rising

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
River dropped the chalk she had been using to write on the chalk board with. She covered her ears after hearing Frank's earlier words before his shocking death. His words made her very uncomfortable.

"We're gonna die anyways! If not at the hands of a traitor, to hunger, sickness, exposure!"

Somehow, they rang true. They made her think of Edward and how he was probably dying a slow death right now thanks to The Doctor's memories plaguing his mind. She frowned and let out a heavy sigh. She hoped it wasn't true, but it was possible that he was... So much was on her mind right now. River felt like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. She had to find her screwdriver, vortex manipulator, get the hell out of Monokuma's trap, and make sure Edward was going to be okay--even if it meant erasing his memories of The Doctor and... herself.

River felt herself yawn and she rubbed her eyes after being lost in thought for a moment. She was sure she could hear Monokuma and some of the others still speaking, but their voices were starting to sound as if they were muffled and melded together. She was exhausted and her mind felt wore out.

She needed a break. Maybe it was time to let the others take the reins for a while.

River stepped back from the others and moved to the edges of the room where some of the others were still sleeping or sitting quietly while the louder ones were trying to figure things out. She glanced around to see if she could spot Edward. He was sitting in a chair asleep for the moment. River wondered if he had been asleep for the entire time or if he had seen any of what happened, including the parts where River made a big fool of herself. Regardless, she pulled up a chair and sat behind him, plopping her chin on his shoulder. She groaned. Her body was aching, and she could feel the area around the eye Robin had punched starting to swell up. She closed her eyes and kept her head on his shoulder. She would just rest her eyes for five minutes...

@Joellie //In case you wanna wake up and cuddles with me, bby. ;) interact tomorrow if the round isn't over. :3

//ooc: I'm going to bed, everyone. I just felt like getting one more post in. XD Be back tomorrow to reply to this and hopefully the casual rp too. Nighty night!​

"..." Erika was silent as Frank had gone and taken his own life. She was familiar of it, that was how most pieces in a Witch's game felt and have done to themselves, Erika was certain on that. What was the difference here? It was just mere survival... Not finding the truth to disprove something, just damned survival. The detective did not say a word, and neither did her assistant...

"Wha--?!" Kotomine uttered in surprise as Frank so suddenly taking his own life, "Curses. I could have stopped him too. He was quite the valuable ally," he scowled in a similar fashion to when he stumbled upon the corpses of Robin, Erika, and Dlanor, "Looks like I'll be handling the majority of the fights by myself again..." He murmured in a somewhat annoyed tone, before sighing tiredly, "Of course, that's assuming he doesn't just come back to life several hours later..."

"I assume you'll clean this mess up, bear?" He asked, facing Monokuma as he calmed down a bit.
ZQPkCze.png

"Gee, you guys can't even clean up a little bloody mess yourselves? Oh, well!"

A number of Prinny servants get to work cleaning up Frank's remains.​

Natsu brings up another feature, an encyclopedia of various weaponry both modern and ancient. Huh.

@MrDubWubs
@Everyone

"I can help you fight a neverending war, Frank... For a price."
"You could have stopped them. You could have saved me, or at least stayed with me. Why didn't you stay, Frank? "
"
Why didn't you save us, daddy? We trusted you!"

He sat upright, gasping for air and breathing like he'd just sprinted a mile. When he worked up the strength to stand, he was confused, at first.

Then he realized something.

He was dead.

Without hesitating, Frank began to run, screaming as loud as he could, "Maria!? Lisa!? Frank!?"

@Atomyk

"I can help you fight a neverending war, Frank... For a price."
"You could have stopped them. You could have saved me, or at least stayed with me. Why didn't you stay, Frank? "
"
Why didn't you save us, daddy? We trusted you!"

He sat upright, gasping for air and breathing like he'd just sprinted a mile. When he worked up the strength to stand, he was confused, at first.

Then he realized something.

He was dead.

Without hesitating, Frank began to run, screaming as loud as he could, "Maria!? Lisa!? Frank!?"
You're running into an abyss, with no end in sight.

You hear... voices, but you're not sure you can place any of them.

But you do see a door, far off in the distance.

@BarrenThin

For a minute I've thought that it was all just a nightmare. Hell flaming down from lost souls, but it really wasn't. This was happening right here, and my powers of exorcism had simply vanished. There was nothing I could do to take down the bear creature. All that was left was to join in his sick game. Seconds after joining it, I've already regretted the decision. I walked around, checking in everyone. A few blokes mentioned something about red and blue truths. I did not know the meaning of it, nor did I wished to know, but I knew that it'd probably be helpful, so I listened and took note of it. Analyzing them all and taking all the information I could about Bayonetta, I figured there was doubt if she could or couldn't be the traitor.

No doubt should be resting before I could cast my vote. She ain't getting a vote from me. Before I could think anything else, a bloke raised his gun, said a few words about lack of will in living and shot his own head. Nasty. Usual. Even in that situation, it shocked me. A while later, I've managed to see his spirit, blinking around in other land. A connection, but I could barely see anything there. Only small glimpses of him. If the connection would get better, I would look at it again. Not right now. Not... Right now. I've walked towards the detective that was picking up the truths. Thought she could help me.

"...I guess he wasn't a traitor then", I said, looking at the dead body being cleaned up. "You got any thoughts about this?"

@Gummi Bunnies

Reactions: BarrenThin

Continued from here.

MID-ROUND UPDATE
"I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up"

The plane shivers in the wake of Monokuma's announcement. The bear wasn't lying, as the turbulence is heavy enough to knock you guys off your feet! Oxygen masks fall from their containers and the lights indicating that you should be wearing your seat belts begin to rapidly blink.

Then, the coverings on the plane's windows fall, plunging it into darkness. Considering what happened last time when the lights went out, you can all expect the worst. A crash and-- You all begin to feel wind start to blow inside the airplane! Then, it suddenly stops, and the plane gives one more great heave, the windows of the plane slamming back open.​

"Phew! That was a little crazy, huh? It seems we had a bit of an issue there..."​

None of you are sure what happened, but it seems one person in your group is now missing... Leia does a head count, and it turns it it's D, one of the transfer students!

Monokuma's voice comes over the speaker again, "Ah, that's right, I have something to show you all!"

Everyone's IDs switch on, showing what looks to be a POV shot of someone falling through the sky. They're falling, and falling, and falling... until--​

In his weakened state, there was no way he could have survived the fall.​

The Ultimate Vampire Hunter is dead.

---

"Oh, how unfortunate!" Monokuma exclaims. "And we can't even conduct an investigation! At least you guys seem in a mood to argue... Hmm!"

The seats of the plane suddenly collapse in on themselves and slide beneath the floor.

Rapidly all around you, the inside of the plane shifts and changes to form... a court room? The bright blue sky flies by in the windows.

tWZV8NA.png

There's a podium for each of you!

Monokuma sits at the large seat behind you all. The Bucket Knight stands next to him.

aqBlSHQ.png

"You nosy losers who are supposed to be dead sure have a lot to say! Maybe you guys can provide some clues to this sudden murder!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Pimp Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

The Bucket Knight's Epitaph...

"ARYA STARK OF WINTERFALL, THE YOUNG WOLF.
Bayonetta.

[River's name written in Gallifreyan]
-J
Okay. Sorry for taking so long to reply. I had some business to take care of last night. Don't trust Cosmo; he was one of the traitors. Take care, and I'll try to find Yang soon. If I can't get her to come to the chalkboard and talk to you, I'll at least tell her you're okay. Tell me a message and I'll try to deliver it to her."

---

Pretty Boy (@DapperDogman) finds himself awaking in a hospital bed. A beautiful blue sky awaits him outside.

---

INTERLUDE PART FOUR
"The Bird of Happiness"

D, Ruby, Yang, The Noob, The Engineer, Lilia, Arya, and Cosmo awake inside a small single room.

@york @ItsToppyTippers @Akibahara @Reaper Jack @Krieg @Josh M @Hazard

vApmr9j.png

Like usual, The Bucket Knight is here.

olNFtqA.png

Cast List:

@Joellie as Edward Kenway (Assassin's Creed)
@Ziogen as Revya and Gig (Soul Nomad)
@Dallas as Don "Wardaddy" Collier (Fury)
@Verite as Kirei Kotomine (Fate/stay night)
@MrDubWubs as Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
@Raven as Wuya and Jack Spicer (Xiaolin Showdown)
@DapperDogman as Intersection's Pretty Boy (Undying Love)
@Nassione as Korra (The Legend of Korra)
@Xibilation as Elizabeth Swann-Turner (Pirates of the Caribbean)
@KayThePilotChapter as Hanzou Urushihara (The Devil Is A Part-Timer!)
@SirDerpingtonIV as Sandor Clegane (A Song Of Ice And Fire)
@ShadowPrime as Sting Eucliffe and Lector (Fairy Tale)
@Jeremi as Funny Valentine (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@Ryu Keiko as Axel (Kingdom Hearts)
@Mari as Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Chung Seiker (Elsword)
@Crazy 8 Nate as Jean Kirstein (Attack on Titan)
@TheColourlessRainbow as Morrigan and Abelas Adahle (Dragon Age)
@Spartan Bennett as John-117 (Halo)
@BarrenThin as Frank Castle (Marvel Comics)
@El Presidente as Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank)
@penguin055 as Sergeant Keroro and Corporal Giroro (Seargent Frog)
@Iowan Corn as Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie Novels)
@CrossingCassie as Lucy (Elfen Lied)
@The Gil as John Constantine (Hellblazer)
@Bubba Koji as Yō Hinomura (Crying Freeman)

Eliminated:
Jennifer - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BURNED TO DEATH
Lilia Kjaernestejd - EXECUTED! INNOCENT! STABBED THROUGH THE HEART
Loki Laufeyson - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED TO DEATH
Yuno Gasai - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED TO DEATH
Oz and Willow Rosenburg - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED TO DEATH
River Song - MURDERED! INNOCENT! THROAT SLASHED
Ruby Rose - EXECUTED! INNOCENT! IMPALED
Annabeth Chase - DIED! INNOCENT! A BLAZE OF GLORY
William "Billy" Borden - DIED! INNOCENT! A BLAZE OF GLORY
Ley von Crimson River and Rufus Wilde - DIED! INNOCENT! DEVOURED
Anastasia Saunders - DIED! INNOCENT! DEVOURED
Risa Megan Ward and Connor Lassiter
- MURDERED! GUILTY! STABBED TO DEATH
Desmond Miles - DIED! INNOCENT! ZOMBIFIED
Arya Stark - EXECUTED! INNOCENT! SKEWERED

The Noob and The Engineer - MURDERED! INNOCENT! MIND-CONTROLLED
Cosmo - EXECUTED! GUILTY! IMMOLATED
Lyle Dylandy - DIED! INNOCENT! MEGAKUMA'D
Robin and Erika Furudo - MURDERED! INNOCENT! TO COSMO, WITH LOVE
Dlanor A. Knox - MURDERED! INNOCENT! ELECTROCUTED
Yang Xiao Long - EXECUTED! INNOCENT! MONODEVOURED
Zane Bowerstone - DIED! INNOCENT! SHOT TO DEATH
Adain Lee - DIED! INNOCENT! SHOT TO DEATH
Zer0 - DIED! INNOCENT! SHOT TO DEATH

D - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SPLAT
Ruby eventually woke up yawning a little, she felt a little more familiar with how things were working, but suddenly, remembering that new people might have arrived, she opened her eyes... Looking around, she tried to see who the new arrivals were, some she remembered from last time, some who were unfamiliar to her and then there was... Yang! In no time at all Ruby zoomed towards her in a red blur, hugging her all of a sudden "Oh thank goodness you're here! I've missed you so much!" she said, sure she didn't hug as hard as Yang did, but, she was definitely hugging her quite tightly to say the least.

@ItsToppyTippers

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ruby eventually woke up yawning a little, she felt a little more familiar with how things were working, but suddenly, remembering that new people might have arrived, she opened her eyes... Looking around, she tried to see who the new arrivals were, some she remembered from last time, some who were unfamiliar to her and then there was... Yang! In no time at all Ruby zoomed towards her in a red blur, hugging her all of a sudden "Oh thank goodness you're here! I've missed you so much!" she said, sure she didn't hug as hard as Yang did, but, she was definitely hugging her quite tightly to say the least.
And suddenly, Frank bursts into the room.

Say hi, everyone.

@york
@ItsToppyTippers
@BarrenThin

Erika snapped out of her silence as another had come up to her. At least someone was trying to get some progress done.

"Honestly this feels like a huge mess. I doubt Frank was a traitor, he did just commit suicide from an earlier vote that possibly killed an innocent," Erika shrugged, it was all like a jumbled mess, where she had to clean up to see the truth.

"Otherwise, it seems to be a very ambiguous decision as to whether or not who's a traitor," Erika sighed. During Erika's discussion with this person she never met before, Dlanor was still focused on remembering everything important into her memory.

@The Gil @everyone in court room

"Well that certainly helped everyone." Funny deadpanned seeing Frank offing himself. "We mustn't act hasty in our reactions, and before I forget welcome back from death those that have returned." He'd bow towards Robin and Erika.

"Now to the problem at hand...could there be someone we're overlooking? I admit that Mr Spicer and Wuya would still be good choices...but is there someone we haven't considered that has the necessary skills to do the deeds?"

@Everyone

@ItsToppyTippers
The blonde awoke in a room.

All she could remember was her and Pretty Boy attempting to break down the thorn walls that prevented her from saving her baby sister of being attacked by the Monokumas that had once killed her before. It didn't end well. Pretty Boy had been shoved aside by the Monokumas and Yang was left alone, her hands all bloodied and broken from bashing repeatedly at the wall. She wasn't able to fight and it resulted with her getting eaten by the creatures. Yang could still feel the tingling of the unbearable pain of her body being devoured. She shuddered at the thought and decided to not think about it.

She blinked a couple of times and examined her surroundings. There were other people in the room. . .and they were the other students that were in the group, but were the ones that had passed on. What? If they're here. . .then she must be. . ., she said to herself in her head.

Then, she saw a red blur come her way, and she felt her body being hugged by a shorter girl. She heard a high-pitched voice and immediately knew who it was.

RUBY!

Tears welled up in her eyes as she was baffled at what was happening. She never thought she would have seen her sister again, but there she was. As if on instinct, the huntress in training had returned the embrace of her baby sister - though it was tighter than Ruby's.

"Ruby. . .I missed you too. . .," Yang said as the tears poured down her cheeks, her hold on the younger girl grew a little tighter and she shook her sister left and right. "Please, please, please don't leave me again-!"

The blonde awoke in a room.

All she could remember was her and Pretty Boy attempting to break down the thorn walls that prevented her from saving her baby sister of being attacked by the Monokumas that had once killed her before. It didn't end well. Pretty Boy had been shoved aside by the Monokumas and Yang was left alone, her hands all bloodied and broken from bashing repeatedly at the wall. She wasn't able to fight and it resulted with her getting eaten by the creatures. Yang could still feel the tingling of the unbearable pain of her body being devoured. She shuddered at the thought and decided to not think about it.

She blinked a couple of times and examined her surroundings. There were other people in the room. . .and they were the other students that were in the group, but were the ones that had passed on. What? If they're here. . .then she must be. . ., she said to herself in her head.

Then, she saw a red blur come her way, and she felt her body being hugged by a shorter girl. She heard a high-pitched voice and immediately knew who it was.

RUBY!

Tears welled up in her eyes as she was baffled at what was happening. She never thought she would have seen her sister again, but there she was. As if on instinct, the huntress in training had returned the embrace of her baby sister - though it was tighter than Ruby's.

"Ruby. . .I missed you too. . .," Yang said as the tears poured down her cheeks, her hold on the younger girl grew a little tighter and she shook her sister left and right. "Please, please, please don't leave me again-!"

500px-YangHug.png

Ruby nodded meekly, she too had started to cry, tears flowing down her cheeks, there was a look on her face that hadn't been seen for a long tine, sadness, this time, she didn't seem to struggle or anything, instead she held her sister even tighter despite being shaken around quite a bit. "I promise..." She said, her tone strangely sincere for once, it was clear how much she'd been missing Yang despite not having brought it up and being distracted half the time, in this moment, her childish personality was still present, but there was traces of someone older in her, someone who'd grown really close to Yang despite all the crazy things they'd ended up getting dragged into. After a few moments of sniffling, and crying a little, she calmed down a little, wiping her eyes with her sleeves before she looked up at Yang. "Everything's alright now... This place isn't too bad." She said, starting to smile a little, the Ruby everyone knew was slowly starting to return, the childish, innocent girl who knew how to be serious when the moment was right.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
500px-YangHug.png

Ruby nodded meekly, she too had started to cry, tears flowing down her cheeks, there was a look on her face that hadn't been seen for a long tine, sadness, this time, she didn't seem to struggle or anything, instead she held her sister even tighter despite being shaken around quite a bit. "I promise..." She said, her tone strangely sincere for once, it was clear how much she'd been missing Yang despite not having brought it up and being distracted half the time, in this moment, her childish personality was still present, but there was traces of someone older in her, someone who'd grown really close to Yang despite all the crazy things they'd ended up getting dragged into. After a few moments of sniffling, and crying a little, she calmed down a little, wiping her eyes with her sleeves before she looked up at Yang. "Everything's alright now... This place isn't too bad." She said, starting to smile a little, the Ruby everyone knew was slowly starting to return, the childish, innocent girl who knew how to be serious when the moment was right.
Finally. . .after what seemed like forever to Yang, Ruby had returned alive and well in her life. She lost it inside herself after watching the young girl pass on. The blonde wanted to beat everyone to a bloody pulp for doing what they did to Ruby. But thanks to Pretty Boy - and Natsu - for being there for her, she had somewhat became her usual self. Yang frowned as she thought of the two boys who were back in the world she had previously left. Hopefully they were doing alright after her passing on. Soon enough, she the tears had stopped cascading down her face and she did what her sister had done. She wiped at her moist face with her bare arm - it felt weird, but she did it anyways - and gave her baby sister a wide grin. "Must be, since you say it is. Why don't we head out and explore?!" It was definitely time for them to continue on with their adventure.

• Love
Reactions: DapperDogman
Finally. . .after what seemed like forever to Yang, Ruby had returned alive and well in her life. She lost it inside herself after watching the young girl pass on. The blonde wanted to beat everyone to a bloody pulp for doing what they did to Ruby. But thanks to Pretty Boy - and Natsu - for being there for her, she had somewhat became her usual self. Yang frowned as she thought of the two boys who were back in the world she had previously left. Hopefully they were doing alright after her passing on. Soon enough, she the tears had stopped cascading down her face and she did what her sister had done. She wiped at her moist face with her bare arm - it felt weird, but she did it anyways - and gave her baby sister a wide grin. "Must be, since you say it is. Why don't we head out and explore?!" It was definitely time for them to continue on with their adventure.
Ruby nodded eagerly, but stopped for a moment, reading the new message she noticed, written on the blackboard from River, looking it over, she nodded, a serious look on her face. Despite having little to no hope of finding evidence here, she was rather optimistic about it "Looks like they're having some trouble finding the traitors... Let's look for clues!" she exclaimed, looking over at the now open door, someone else had come in at some point, but everything looked to be find at the moment. Though Ruby herself on the other hand had an urge to explore, to maybe find a few clues as to who the traitors might be, she knew Cosmo was one, but at the same time, he didn't seem so bad now that he was here.

Ruby nodded eagerly, but stopped for a moment, reading the new message she noticed, written on the blackboard from River, looking it over, she nodded, a serious look on her face. Despite having little to no hope of finding evidence here, she was rather optimistic about it "Looks like they're having some trouble finding the traitors... Let's look for clues!" she exclaimed, looking over at the now open door, someone else had come in at some point, but everything looked to be find at the moment. Though Ruby herself on the other hand had an urge to explore, to maybe find a few clues as to who the traitors might be, she knew Cosmo was one, but at the same time, he didn't seem so bad now that he was here.
"Alright. Maybe we should ask and look around for clues first. Exploring can come second after we help out everyone else that is alive," Yang responded, her voice sounded serious and her face looked determined. The traitors had gotten lucky when she and Ruby were the ones that were voted on to get executed. What could be used against them were the previous traitors and perhaps the innocents who were killed by said traitors. Hopefully Cosmo was willing to help out their cause after being found out as a traitor and executed after a trial. . .

"We have to find out who those traitors are before it's too late. You ready, baby sis?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: DapperDogman
Bayonetta found some moments to herself after evading attacks and accusations from Doctor Song.

Her upbringing taught her to be very responsible with her powers... as irresponsibility has consequence not only on her but her entire kind. This was one of those situations... even if the Umbra witches were all but gone from existence.

The vote, was also something to be responsible with.

As she did in the previous voting, she quietly entered Jack and Wuya into the system.

@Atomyk

River dropped the chalk she had been using to write on the chalk board with. She covered her ears after hearing Frank's earlier words before his shocking death. His words made her very uncomfortable.

"We're gonna die anyways! If not at the hands of a traitor, to hunger, sickness, exposure!"

Somehow, they rang true. They made her think of Edward and how he was probably dying a slow death right now thanks to The Doctor's memories plaguing his mind. She frowned and let out a heavy sigh. She hoped it wasn't true, but it was possible that he was... So much was on her mind right now. River felt like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. She had to find her screwdriver, vortex manipulator, get the hell out of Monokuma's trap, and make sure Edward was going to be okay--even if it meant erasing his memories of The Doctor and... herself.

River felt herself yawn and she rubbed her eyes after being lost in thought for a moment. She was sure she could hear Monokuma and some of the others still speaking, but their voices were starting to sound as if they were muffled and melded together. She was exhausted and her mind felt wore out.

She needed a break. Maybe it was time to let the others take the reins for a while.

River stepped back from the others and moved to the edges of the room where some of the others were still sleeping or sitting quietly while the louder ones were trying to figure things out. She glanced around to see if she could spot Edward. He was sitting in a chair asleep for the moment. River wondered if he had been asleep for the entire time or if he had seen any of what happened, including the parts where River made a big fool of herself. Regardless, she pulled up a chair and sat behind him, plopping her chin on his shoulder. She groaned. Her body was aching, and she could feel the area around the eye Robin had punched starting to swell up. She closed her eyes and kept her head on his shoulder. She would just rest her eyes for five minutes...

@Joellie //In case you wanna wake up and cuddles with me, bby. ;) interact tomorrow if the round isn't over. :3

//ooc: I'm going to bed, everyone. I just felt like getting one more post in. XD Be back tomorrow to reply to this and hopefully the casual rp too. Nighty night!​
Edward had been keeping his eyes closed for quite a while now, but he just couldn't get himself to sleep. He figured it would be better to make River think he was sleeping so that she would stop worrying. He listened to River's argument with Bayonetta and eventually some other people too, and couldn't help but grin slightly sometimes. This woman had quite a temper, and he loved it. However, most of the time, he found himself being distracted by other things. Random memories just popping up in his head, with him trying to place them within the right timeline, either his own or the Doctor's. It was difficult.

After a few minutes, he felt River put her head on his shoulder. Ed opened his eyes and just looked straight ahead. He figured it might be best to let her rest for a while to cool her temper. It would be better for him and the people around them, he figured. After about twenty minutes, he spoke up. "I need a hat... Does that sound weird to you? I just feel like I need some kind of hat." He was confusing the Doctor's life with his own again. It seemed like no matter how many times he was told, he just kept forgetting which was which.

Status
Not open for further replies.