Falcon

Adventure Finder
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I have a shifting work schedule, so My online times will be random.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, scifi, futuristic modern, fantasy modern, Action/adventure, Mystery, Fan-based,
So with the other movie threads being posted I thought I'd ask this:

What movies do you think Everyone should see at least once?
Whether it's because the movie is a classic, or part of pop culture, or just so completely terrible you want them to know why you make fun of it.

My list includes the following:

The Princess Bride
Anything by the Marx Brothers
The Goonies

Akira-1988-Japan-2.jpg

alien.jpg

aliens.jpg

I think everyone should see these two at least. There the best ones in the Alien franchise.

@Lawkheart I just watched the original again last night and noticed something with my bass turned up. There's a heart beat in every scene just prior and during the alien's appearances. It lasts until someone dies and/or the alien leaves.

banner-home.png

Princess Bride. It's hilarious for kids and adults, and it's a modern version of a classic fairy tale done in an imaginative and loving way.

It still makes me smile.

@Lawkheart I just watched the original again last night and noticed something with my bass turned up. There's a heart beat in every scene just prior and during the alien's appearances. It lasts until someone dies and/or the alien leaves.
I thought I was the only one who noticed that! Every person I suggest this to they never notice the heart beat until I point it out.

Princess Bride, definitely.

A Nightmare before Christmas, if only for the music

The Way, Way Back, because that movie is so adorably cute it'll give you a tooth ache.

It, because the effects are so damn cheesy that it makes the story less scary.

The Cloud Atlas, because of how complex the story is, but the message behind it makes it worth the watch.

• Love
Reactions: Falcon and Brovo
The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption. Both of those are movies that are just... amazing. Especially the Green Mile. It is probably the best movie I have ever seen.

American History X
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
The Truman Show

Oh oh! Baron Munchausen was funny and a bit scary as a child. It might be a good candidate.

My Netflix list is getting longer the more you people post.

sword-of-the-stranger-movie-poster-2007-1020434785.jpg

You like anime? Watch it! You like Japanese culture? Watch it! You like both? Watch it! You like solid stories in general? Watch iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

MV5BMjE0ODk2NjczOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDQ0NDg4._V1._SX334_SY475_.jpg

I don't even need to explain this one.

Note: I don't watch very many movies, so...useful thread.

star wars
I see your Star Wars, and raise you Spaceballs!

Seriously, that movie is a comedy classic. I recommend everyone watch it at least once to appreciate the hilarity of it. :)

The Room. Yes, the Tommy Wiseau one.
It's worth watching just to see how horrendously yet hilariously bad a film can be. I know there are better (worse?) examples, but you have to start somewhere.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Status
Not open for further replies.