Mother's Day, What Did You Get Your Mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MootMoose

Original poster
Curious to know what everone got their mom's this year or plan to do?

I figure dinner with my Mom. I got her tickets to the The Lion King - Broadway
It's coming to my city in July. Stupidly excited. > w <

Reactions: Mu
Nothing yet because it's still over a week away.

I got my biological mother a whole pile of nothing.

For my aunt, I had my kids make her a bunch of cards, and am going to make her a chocolate mousse cake. =D

Mother's Day isn't until May 10 (well in America..).

I know this because my mom's birthday is on that day. So double the gifts.

I can't do anything for my mom cause she's deceased :( But I'll try and do something for Grandma ^_^ If my uncle doesn't beat me to it that is ._.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
im going into the forest to dig up a lovely plant you can barely buy in stores (i also hate forests)
wisteria-open.jpg

• Love
My mom is hard to shop for because all of the stuff marketed for mothers day is nothing she would be interested in :/

Last year I got her a GC for Home Depot and bought her lunch. This year what with the car and school and all, I'm kinda on a budget, so I'm trying to think of more of an "actions" type present

Reactions: MootMoose
I cleaned the bathroom for her, since she can't do it herself. I wanted to take her to Age of Ultron, since she likes superheroes too (actually where I got it from) but Mother's Day is Sunday, and she works every Sunday. :( I'll think of something.

• Love
I avoid buying things for my mom as much as possible because she's already really spoiled. :I And also I'm not made of monies. Used to be that I'd do a bunch of chores for her too but I moved out years ago. So usually I write her a poem.

I got mine a new house.

And by that, I mean we've spent a solid 3 days doing nearly nothing but move into the house we've recently built and passed inspection with. Tonight will be the first time we're sleeping in it!

I also baked like 7 dozen cookies for breakfast since this is the first time we've had a proper oven in 5 years x_x

I gave her my love and affection. Also considering my brothers put in a new countertop AND got her cards......well...it was all I could give her.

The One Ring of Power, and also a fun time with us.

Flower, card, hugs, gratitude, poem, fence post painting help, buying dinner, bringing dessert

Doesn't feel like enough; my moms a superstar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    809.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
FUCK I haven't even called my mom today, I AM THE WORST SON EVER >______<. Time to cull myself.

I (almost) surprised my mom by showing up from school a week early, so I was in time for her birthday (originally I wasn't going to be home in time for it), then my sister ruined it. :|

I told my mom to act surprised at least so I could feel like I'd accomplished something.

We had hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill for dinner, and dad got her the wood to make/fix part of the yard fence. We were going to spend the day doing yardwork for her, but it didn't exactly turn out that way for a bunch of reasons xD; Raincheck on that.

FUCK I haven't even called my mom today, I AM THE WORST SON EVER >______<. Time to cull myself.
>.> when you learn how to get in a serious argument with your mom on Mother's day, then you'll be the worst son ever D:

I'll fill her belly with greasy Chinese food. Might even tell her I love her if no one's listening.

I got her some chocolates she really likes, gave it to her early this morning.

Then just about an hour ago I gave her the thing that my siblings and I pooled together our resources to get: some Chanel No. 5 perfume. It's her favorite, same perfume her mother used. Her mother died when she was pretty young, so it's a whole bit sentimental thing. She hasn't been able to get any for herself because it's fucking expensive and she puts the needs and wants of her kids before her own, so for once we returned the favor. She loved it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.