Mortal Kombat: The Tournament Returns

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

What Realm will your character fight for? multiple characters? Should I create a discord server?

• Earthrealm

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Netherrealm

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Outworld

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Edenia

• Yes I will play multiple characters

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No I will not play multiple characters.

• Yes Discord

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No Discord

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Netherealm. XD
Lol I know right? Well maybe some others will sign up and play Netherrealm. I'm just glad we got some people who are choosing to play outside of Earthrealm haha I was concerned for a second that we'd only have Earthrealm characters in both home and alignment XD
Oh and your note thing in your sig, doesnt work. o,o;;
Lol well that was posted a long..long time ago so it wouldn't surprise me if the link has died or something. Thanks for letting me know though.

RIP Netherealm. XD
Lol I know right? Well maybe some others will sign up and play Netherrealm. I'm just glad we got some people who are choosing to play outside of Earthrealm haha I was concerned for a second that we'd only have Earthrealm characters in both home and alignment XD
Lol well that was posted a long..long time ago so it wouldn't surprise me if the link has died or something. Thanks for letting me know though.
Yeah, I clicked it thinking It had to be read to join and...it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I sat there for 15 clicking it and it just brought down your Sig. Rotfl.

Please, dont do discord, I cant write a whole lot on it, not like a forum. :(

RIP Netherealm. XD
Yeah, I clicked it thinking It had to be read to join and...it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I sat there for 15 clicking it and it just brought down your Sig. Rotfl.
Lol no it doesn't. It was just an old note that I wrote to everyone here who I've ever roleplayed with.

Please, dont do discord, I cant write a whole lot on it, not like a forum. :(
The discord is not necessary to be joined to participate in the rp. I plan to have the rp here on the forum but I was thinking that having it would help in terms of keeping track of dice rolls and some other things. So if you don't want to join the discord that's fine there's no issue with that. However the majority of other players have voted that they want the discord so the majority wins the vote here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Onslaught
Oh, okay, as long as I can still play on the forum where I can be creative.

Oh, okay, as long as I can still play on the forum where I can be creative.
Not to worry. All active posts to the rp will be made here on the forum.

So, maybe I didn't get all the rules--or I forgot some. I do have a TBI so that does happen. But you said there are rolls?

So, maybe I didn't get all the rules--or I forgot some. I do have a TBI so that does happen. But you said there are rolls?
Yes there will be dice rolls on a D20 to determine certain things. Main combat I'm still trying to figure out how I want that to go so it will be fair. This is honestly the first purely Combat rp i've ever been a part of or ran so this is a bit outside my normal so if anyone has ideas on how general combat should be run to make it fair I would love to hear suggestions. I do have a few ideas but I'm still working on them but once I get those ideas done I'll get everyone's opinion on the matter.

The one thing I am certain of how dice rolls will go will be with fatalities. Granted everyone knows their character could be killed at any point by joining this rp but no one necessarily wants that to happen either. Which is why I determined that Morality will come into effect with how things play out along with story points. So how it will work and this is just a rough idea not the very specifics so bare with me.

So Character A is Lawful Good and is fighting Character B who is Chaotic Evil. Character A wins the fight and wishes to employ a fatality. For Character A to successfully complete the fatality they have to roll a D20 dice and they have to roll a high enough number for this example we'll say it's a 16 or higher. Now if Character B in a previous fight killed Character A's best friend or something else that would bring up the plot and that makes sense, and Character A won the fight against Character B I would give them a few bonus points to the roll. Say..3 so instead of a 16 to complete the fatality they now only have to roll a 13 to complete it.

Now Character B is Chaotic Evil and has absolutely no hesitation when it comes to killing in the slightest and has done so plenty of times in the past. If Character B wins the fight against Character A and wishes to employ a fatality the number they have to roll to complete it would be much lower say like..a 5.

Does that all make sense?

• Useful
Kinda; but to be honest it's a bit convoluted, and terribly more complex than it could or should have to be.

I see your side in this, and I want the same thing as you: fairness, equality and the freedom to be able to play our characters.

But, truthfully, I think you should leave it up to the writing of the characters fightings. For example, and I am going to use yours here: Character A and Character B get into it. Doesn't matter why. But as they are participating, Character A is only writing, say a paragraph, maybe two? Character B is writing a story in the fight as it progresses. Hes sharing details of how angry he was or is, he's showing his character in a light that is very believable.

Now, should character A get a random fatality because he scores a 16? or a 20 even? No. Not when the story is literally being carried by character B, who showcased his capabilities. He should get to roll a 16 or 13 for points earned for doing things that are unique and innovative or cool and interesting. I think opening the door for random dice rolls that arent earned will lead to a lot of unhappy players, because the character puts their time, effort, creativity into just got his head smashed because a random 16.

I say roll for who attacks first, give points according to style, and aforementioned elements, such as who puts in the most effort; its not about the quantity of paragraphs you make--it's the quality. Are they telling a story? Are they making their characters believable threats? Then the character with the less points so gets put in a compromising position--let them write for their characters, and if they get killed, it's on them--not you, not us.

Its fair that way.

Kinda; but to be honest it's a bit convoluted, and terribly more complex than it could or should have to be.

I see your side in this, and I want the same thing as you: fairness, equality and the freedom to be able to play our characters.

But, truthfully, I think you should leave it up to the writing of the characters fightings. For example, and I am going to use yours here: Character A and Character B get into it. Doesn't matter why. But as they are participating, Character A is only writing, say a paragraph, maybe two? Character B is writing a story in the fight as it progresses. Hes sharing details of how angry he was or is, he's showing his character in a light that is very believable.

Now, should character A get a random fatality because he scores a 16? or a 20 even? No. Not when the story is literally being carried by character B, who showcased his capabilities. He should get to roll a 16 or 13 for points earned for doing things that are unique and innovative or cool and interesting. I think opening the door for random dice rolls that arent earned will lead to a lot of unhappy players, because the character puts their time, effort, creativity into just got his head smashed because a random 16.

I say roll for who attacks first, give points according to style, and aforementioned elements, such as who puts in the most effort; its not about the quantity of paragraphs you make--it's the quality. Are they telling a story? Are they making their characters believable threats? Then the character with the less points so gets put in a compromising position--let them write for their characters, and if they get killed, it's on them--not you, not us.

Its fair that way.
I respectfully disagree because at the end of the day no one is going to want their character to die in this case and no one is going to willingly want their character to lose the fight. If I leave it up simply to the writers to decide then it opens way too many doors for people to get upset and for godmodding and other issues. Do I want to think that everyone will bring about these issues? No. I don't I want to trust everyone to be fair and honest, however if I eliminate the possibility of it happening as much as possible then it becomes more fair to everyone involved.

Plus everyone has different skills and capabilities as a writer. You and I alone have different abilities and skills as it comes to a writer. If I'm someone who can easily write several paragraphs that are extremely detailed and informed while you at your best can only write a two or three I'm automatically going to win every single time and I'll easily be able to perform fatalities. Because then the decision comes down to skills as a writer which isn't fair in the slightest.

I don't disagree that the person who is being more detailed and contributing to the story shouldn't have to suffer their character dying because of an unlucky roll for them. But the same can be said because a person is not as skilled a writer as another they should have to suffer their character potentially being killed just because they aren't a strong a writer as someone else is. Plus it also limits things in a lot of ways. Using the example you used

Character A is written by someone who is a really really good writer but their character loses the fight. Character B is written by someone who is not as skilled a writer as their opposite but their character is someone who would kill their opponent without thinking about it. It's not fair for them to never be able to employ a fatality because they aren't as skilled as a writer as the other person and it would also not make any sense for their character to not kill that person if given the opportunity to do so.

Again as I stated before this system as of right now is only for the fatality portion of things. This is not a decision on how combat progresses to get to this point. That I'm still open for discussion and debate on.

• fc72c5e51da262b8060cbbb32f1d81b0.jpg

• de1bhwb-ac0ee86e-1ccb-44ef-86b9-d20761e79dda.png

Name: Draco Flegomai XII
*Race: Genetic Experiment/Dragon
*Home realm: Outworld
*Realm Alignment: Earthrealm
*Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Affinities: Himself

Character introduction:
A Sorcerer claiming to be the descendant of the elusive Dragon race, despite hailing from Earth Realm founding an upstart medical company that operates under sorcery and genetic experiments.

While Draco's past is intentionally made unknown by him, many of his workers know the tale of how he became who he is today.

He was once an unnamed Sorcerer who lived in Outworld. He lived in a mountain overlooking a small village, and every so often, the villagers would come to him for guidance and help. His life was peaceful, and a life he is content with.

One day at what he thought to be the end of his youth, a wounded dragon crashed into his hut. Instead of slaying it, he nursed the dragon back to health to which he is granted a vial of the Dragon's blood due to his kindness and patience.

Using that blood, the Sorcerer managed to merge his own blood with the Dragon's after many experiments, granting him wonderous abilities and eternal youth at the cost of his body becoming unsightly--reptilian and crystalline, like an expensive yet crude sculpture, causing him to don a mask made out of magical gemstones and black garb, taking in the name Draco-Flegomai XII after moving to Earthrealm, where after establishing his identity, Draco opened a medical facility with the goal to make advancements in both magic and technology which grow with the passing of time--through this, he had gained quite the company, which led him to turning that facility into a company due to the money he received treating illnesses most people deemed incurable by modern science and may have also taken some liberties in taking some of those sick people as genetic experiments, declaring them dead to the world. All in the name of doing good to the world.

The first thing he created was a personal weapon that utilizes bullets as ammunition, replicating itself within the gun through the consumption of blood. The next is a uniform similar to his own which allows non-sorcerers to utilize magic; which is currently under testing to this day. He had also managed to draw out his dragon blood, which took the form of his Dragonic Arms--an armor alive enough to move within the confines of Draco's own body.

Draco entered Kombat along with a few of his associates to demonstrate his accomplishments to the realms, aiming to distribute his findings to those who may need them.

Special talent/quirk: Draco has been a mage for over 100 years--it's an understatement to say that he knows of sorcery. Draco incorporates both magic and military grade technology in fighting, which is something he has taken up during his time on Earth--mainly due to necessity on disposing failed experiments.

Draco commands the flames, as that is the element of the Dragon whose blood he merged with. He is capable of opening portals to a pocket dimension where he keeps various items--which includes his personal weapon: a gun sword, gatling gun turrets, missile launchers, grenades, and electrified chains. He can also use these portals as make shift shields as only Draco can pass through said portal.

Draco is also capable of using his healing magic to drain the life of others and vice versa, considering that he was once a Sorcerer who aided his small town by the mountain side as a healer.

Draco is also capable of transforming his body into mechanical dragon parts, born from his own genetic experiments to draw out the Dragon Blood's power within him. The head, in particular, which manifests in his chest, can be used as another set of eyes. When transforming his body into a Dragon, part of his cloak changes into crimson.

Special Moves: Max of 5
-Flame Dance ~ Draco twirls forwards in a walts, lighting his left hand and right foot on fire as he slides past his opponent with flames circling him. When his weapon is drawn, he would light up his blade or shoot a short volley as he spins--provided he had drawn blood with the weapon, of course.
-Random Portal ~ Draco conjures a portal that calls upon 1 of 4 things, all with varying effects.
1.Gatling Gun Turrets - shoots a volley of silver bullets
2.Missile Launchers - shoots a volley of missiles
3.Grenade - throws a grenade overhead
4.Electrified Chains - shoots sharp chains forwards which electrifies those it touches.
Draco automatically obtains his weapon after using this move once.
-Dragon Claw - Draco turns his arm into a dragon claw and scratches with it. Discards his sword if it's drawn.
-Dragon Flight - Draco sprouts Dragon Wings and rams at his opponent.
-Dragon Head - Draco sprouts a metallic Dragon Head from his chest and either mauls his opponent midrange or spews fire. When mauling, Draco's Healing Magic activates, draining his opponent's health while healing himself.
Fatalities:
-Primal Instincts: Dragon Rampage - Draco fully activates his Dragonic Arms and throws his target high onto the air. Draco follows suit with a front flip, knocking them back down onto the ground with a smack from his tail, turning his target into a messy pulp. Draco then indulges in his primal instincts and lets his dragon head feast on the remains, all the while feeling excited.
-Medical Deniability: Display of Military Might - Draco opens several portals around his opponent which contains all of his company's military grade weapons, letting them all loose on his opponent as he turns his back from the carnage, exercising an old tactic where turning around allows him to deny the notion of a duel occuring--even by his own hands.
-Hunger: Roasting Alive - Draco casts a flamethrowing magic and roasts the sucker alive before eating the cooked opponent with his Dragon head.
Other:
The faceclaim if Kamen Rider Wizard.

Last edited:
@Andy How does Yori look now?

@TheSly

Sorry I forgot to mention your character is accepted.

Everyone who was willing to play multiple characters we do need some more characters for outworld and/or the Netherrealm to help balance things out. Right now we have a LOT of Earthrealm aligned with Earthrealm so we could use a few more to help make things a bit more even.

I can make a second character if needed.

• Thank You
Reactions: Andy
I can make a second character if needed.
It would be appreciated but only if you want to. I don't want anyone taking on more then what they want to do/can do at one time. I can definitely understand and have been in the situation where taking on too many characters at one time has made the roleplay less fun and I definitely don't want that for anyone.

So everyone who was willing to play multiple characters while we do need to balance things out more please only do so if you want to do so and if you will continue to be able to enjoy the rp while doing so.

I will work on making a second character also.

• Thank You
Reactions: Andy
Can I make a Goro character? XD

• Thank You
Would one outworld character and one netherrealm character suffice?

Status
Not open for further replies.