Mortal Kombat: The Tournament Returns

What Realm will your character fight for? multiple characters? Should I create a discord server?

• Earthrealm

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Netherrealm

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Outworld

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Edenia

• Yes I will play multiple characters

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No I will not play multiple characters.

• Yes Discord

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No Discord

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would one outworld character and one netherrealm character suffice?
If that's what you would like to do then I won't say no. As long as you think you can handle it and still have fun you can make as many characters as you want.

We should launch the Discord too, that way we can make characters and sort things out.

We should launch the Discord too, that way we can make characters and sort things out.
I plan to get that done in the next few days. I've been busy with work the past few days so I've not been able to get it done.

I plan to get that done in the next few days. I've been busy with work the past few days so I've not been able to get it done.
That's fine. I need to make my second character anyways.

• __artoria_pendragon_artoria_pendragon_and_kamen_rider_blades_fate_and_3_more_drawn_by_reiei_8__sample-6b59363ccc8707f9ac7c77fade83f0f7.jpg

Name: Shuang Ya, "Blizzard Fang"
    Race: Cryomancer
    *Home realm: Outworld
    *Realm Alignment: Outworld
    *Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
    Affinities: Lin Quei(Sister Clan)

• __kamen_rider_blades_and_kamen_rider_blades_tategami_hyoujuusenki_kamen_rider_and_1_more_drawn_by_catball1994__sample-4813a9d3d91ef66740abcb0881c07c40.jpg

--{[Shan Baoxue]}--
    The former head's Armor​

Character introduction:
    The Shan Shi is a clan aligned with the Lin Quei. While the Shan Shi are not assassins, they are clan of wandering protectors, roaming Outworld with the intent of slaying those with evil intent using their blades and power over ice.

Shuang Ya is both the youngest of the Shan Shi and the youngest head of the Shan Shi due to the former head not bearing a child before his death. As she inherits the former head's armor, Shuang Ya choses not to wear it. Instead, she choses to have it fight with her as a cryo summon, as if her dear friend is still alive with her.

As the new head, Shuang Ya hopes to establish a larger clan than the 10 warriors the clan has, knowing that she'll be able to protect Outworld better that way.

*Special talent/quirk:
    Shuang Ya can create frost constructs of living creatures that move like living, breathing animals. Mainly Lions. Uniquely, Shuang Ya has developed a tandem fighting style with an active Frost Construct donning the former head's armor. However, due to the nature of Kombat and how she sees the armor as her friend still living, Ya fights without it.

As a Cryomancer, Shuang Ya commands the cold and ice. However, as a member of the Lin Quei's Smaller sister Clan, the Shan Shi, Shuang Ya is trained to channel her cryokinetic abilities through her sword.

• Special Moves:
    Frost Fang - Ya coats her blade in thick, sharp ice with 3 edges, cleaving her opponent with it using a 3 stroke slash.
    The Mountain Lion - Ya swings her blade and conjures a frost construct of a lion, which scratches or mauls her opponent.
    Frost Kunai - Ya creates icicles that act as projectiles. Ya can also use this with her sword, with the added benefit of a chain that lets her reels her towards the icicle itself. Think of it as a grappling hook.
    Fatalities:
    The Blizzard Forest - Ya stabs the ground and creates a construct of spikes around her, resembling a forest. Her opponent is frozen or stabbed during the creation of this forest.
    Righteousness - Ya slices her enemy into pieces with a frost coated sword.
    The Eternal Mane - Ya summons Shan Baoxue behind her opponent, and both of them hack and slash their opponent until they're frozen solid, after which, the solidified opponent is then shattered into pieces.

Other:
I notice a distinct lack of anime face claims. Let's fix that, shall we?

(I changed my mind and decided Netherrealm needs some representation, and also have a concept that's not very deep.)

*Name: Butcher
*Appearance:
49b52056868c9fe7d44e5261d08929ff.jpg
source: Butcher by ZhangQipeng on DeviantArt
*Race: Oni
*Home realm: Netherrealm
*Realm Alignment: Netherrealm
*Moral Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Affinities: Unaffiliated
*Special talent/quirk: Ability to absorb 'mana' from the meat of his kills for boosts in power and to shrug off minor injury
Character introduction:
In his early years, Butcher had been captured and forced to fight in a free-for-all against other demons inside the Slaughterhouse of Netherrealm. Having survived and proving his prowess in kombat, the oni earned his namesake and stayed in the Slaughterhouse from then on to continue the work on the killing floor.

Recently, Butcher received a summons from a mysterious person, to fight in another Realm with the allure of gold to further develop the Slaughterhouse. However, he also finds himself intrigued by the promise of plentiful and new kinds of meat to savor, and relive the glory of surviving the free-for-all.

Special Moves:

Invigorating Morsel - Eats a morsel of the meat of his kills for a boost in speed and strength
Shoulder Charge - Uses his weight and momentum to charge against foes to stagger them
Meat Hook - Throws out his meat hook to catch flesh and rend them after pulling back
Mighty Leap - Leaps in the air to crash down on his foe

Fatalities:
Choice Cut - cuts open the victim's stomach with his sickle, then pulls out the victim's heart
Quartering - cuts off the victim's limbs, one at a time, starting with a leg, then continues to chop off limbs, ending at the head

Other:

Butcher prefers to kill 'free range' and to maximize the fear taste of his meat.
Although his desires are simple, his cunning has allowed him to survive.

@foodforpigs Butcher is accepted though I just want to ask. You said you changed your mind. That mean your no longer going to play Torrent? Just so I know

Ah. To clarify, I will be playing Torrent and Butcher.

I changed my mind in that at first I didn't want to play a Netherrealm character, and now I do.

• Thank You
Reactions: Andy
@Andy

Question; I added a weapons list to my character list and explained how they are used and what their abilities might be like I say Amaranths kunai spear and swords, have poison coating. Does that count as a special attack?

@Andy

Question; I added a weapons list to my character list and explained how they are used and what their abilities might be like I say Amaranths kunai spear and swords, have poison coating. Does that count as a special attack?
Hm...thats an interesting question considering characters use weapons in Mortal Kombat all the time the weapons themselves I don't think should be counted as special attacks. Given characters like Jade, Baraka, and Kitana to name a few who uses their weapons regularly in their combos and attacks. However there are some characters like Scorpion who we all know has his spear but more commonly that's known as a special attack.

So...I think what I'll say is using weapons themselves in terms of like..as a combo or as your main fighting style will not have to count as a special move.

However giving the weapons any kind of..upgrade/damage boost or..using it in a special way or adding a coating of poison or otherwise I would argue would have to count as a special attack.

Does that make sense?

Yeah, I think I'll have to revamp Amaranth then cause like I said his weapons are highly toxic values and even describe what the venom does to someone.

That said, Scorpion and Sub Zero to some degree as well, use their Powers as apart of their attacks. Like the back flip kick scorpion does with fire and sub zero using ice to slide and trip the opponent or attack them. Do you think powers used like that should add extra damage?

• Useful
Reactions: Andy
Glad you understand.

Hm...well as far as Subzero goes his slide is normally used as a special move itself but I understand what your getting at. Hm...im gonna need to think on that one a bit because I feel like that is kind of a gray area on how things could work with that.

Okay, let me know!

Alterations to Amaranth are complete!

Before I make my Shokan, are the Shokan behold to the Kahn like they were before? Just so I know where to place him. Shokan Society is rather ruthless, being nice is consider weakness and are liable to get killed for it or a good beating.

@Andy

Alterations to Amaranth are complete!

Before I make my Shokan, are the Shokan behold to the Kahn like they were before? Just so I know where to place him. Shokan Society is rather ruthless, being nice is consider weakness and are liable to get killed for it or a good beating.

@Andy
The general populace of the Shokan will serve their king/lord like they served Goro initially and then Sheeva as explained in Aftermath. So if their lord is serving the Kahn then the majority will be serving the Kahn as well. So to answer your question yes.

Now you could make a Shokan that serves a different lord if you want or even a different realm since it isn't unlikely that not all Shokan will agree with whom they are serving. So you could be playing as a Shokan that belongs to a rebel faction or one that is like an outcast or something. Up to youm

Could he be like lieutenant to Abigor? I was going to make him an out cast because he's savage, feral and fights for enjoyment rather than honor or anything. He's also going to be a new breed that are larger and stronger than the Dragon Clan so they saw that as a threat to the heirarchy.

@Andy

Sure I don't see why not.

What would you think of a much more muscular Shokan with spines and Tarkatan like arm blades on each arm? XD

@Andy

Last edited:
Should have my second character up soon.

@Andy

For our intro duction writing sample, can I kill Goro?

@Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.