Moon, Blood, and Wolf's Bane: Kismet

"That does sound perfect. I can't wait to see it," Parker replied with enthusiasm. Getting back in touch with nature was something he looked very forward to. The big city was a whole new experience that frightened him in the beginning, but he eventually adjusted. It at least made it so if they ever go back to city life, he'll be prepared and know what to expect.

Parker then heard a little yawn behind him; Aidyn was waking up. The little boy tiredly blinked his eyes at Sean, letting his vision focus before saying or doing anything else. A goofy smile was given, then he looked out his window, seeing the scenery pass.

"Oh boy, I can't wait to get out. Where's the house, Papa?" Aidyn continued to stare out the window hoping to find this home. With his arms still squeezing his stuffed animal, he straightened his posture so he could get a better look. A neighbourhood came into view, a few people walking up and down the sidewalks.

"Ah, there it is," Brad pointed out, pointing the direction towards the house they intended to move into. At those words, Aidyn turned himself to gaze at the windshield instead, his eyes wide and bright with curiosity.

The previous evening for Sara had been a pain in her ass. Noel was as vague and mysterious about what he was up to as he always was. Sara spent two hours trying to explain to Grace that the teenage boy WAS in fact Noel, and that NO it was NOT a normal werewolf thing for a wolf to suddenly reverse age. In the end, she finally convinced Grace to let Noel stay with them. 'Another member of the family.' she said. They would say he was Grace's older son. Finally coming to live with her again after being with family across the country.

Today, they spent the better part of the morning and much of the afternoon getting Noel acquainted with Daniel. The kid seemed to be just as fascinated with Noel as he did of it. Sara thought it was gross. Yet, Grace seemed to be relieved that there was extra help around the house. Right this moment the human was making dinner for her 'sons'. Sara couldn't stand the goody-good family atmosphere any longer. There was too much to worry about to waste time playing house.

That was why she was currently marching over to Rion's home. A couple people were coming in to town today and she needed to make sure they were settled and new her laws. But Rion had not been seen since he left Grace's last night. Deep down, she was always wondering if 'this was the night' Rion would take off again.

Sara pounded on Rion's door. "If you been hiding in there all day, I am going to kick your ass!" Wait, why was she even bothering to knock? She turned the knob, unsurprised that it wasn't locked. Why lock doors in such a small uneventful town? She WAS surprised to find Rion's home looking very... lived in. Sara caught a new scent. Unfamiliar and female...

Now she was snarling. "That sleezy son of a dick. WHO is in this house? Don't tempt me to drag you out by the tail, I am sorely tempted." Tempted temper. Sara was struggling to reign in back in. She would at least wait to hear explanations before she tore everybody apart.

Remmi had arched a brow when nobody answered the door and ushered her to his house. Shaking her head she followed him. Mildly wondering if he was up to something or if this is just how the other wolves lived around here. Remmi had wondered how much of the pack in the area had decided to follow Sara and if this smooth talking man happened to be one of them.

She bit her lip as she followed him. "You know that my hand will be fine, really. Your are too kind you don't have to do this." Despite the reluctance in her words, she was still following him. Without thinking Remmi rubbed her eyes, accidentally pushing some of the glass across her cheek and further into her hand. She was an idiot. That is all there really was to it. With a small sigh she put her hands at her sides and kept following him. Stuffing the pride of hers back down her throat before she did something else stupid. She didn't think that he had seen but she knew that he would see it eventually. Damnit.

Ethan walked quietly towards his house, reaching into his pocket and fishing around for his keys in his pocket as he walked, not noticing Remmi pushing the glass further into her hands with her cheeks. They rounded the corner and Ethan pointed out his house for Remmi. It was a beautiful old victorian styled home, complete with the wrap around porch and the old willow trees out front. As he reached his porch he finally managed to find his keys and unlocked the door, stepping in and turning on the lights of the foyer.

"Attendez, let's take a look at those hands. Go ahead and sit in the living room and I'll go get my first aid kit pour vous. It'll only take a moment." He smiled and gestured towards his living room, which was decorated in a rather rather nice modern style with just a touch of an old Parisian/French style. He walked off in the other direction to go root around for his first aid kit.

After rifling around the bathroom for a short amount of time he finally found the first aid kit and dragged it off the top of his medicine cabinet and returned to the living room. "Ah je trouve! Here it is. Come, let me take a look."

Sean smiled as they pulled into the driveway of the house. He was happy to just be somewhere that he could get out. He was sure that all of them could use a stretch. "Make sure you don't run off too far." Sean chuckled, speaking to not only Aidyn but Parker as well. He stepped out of the car, making sure to let Aidyn out on his side and shutting the door.

He couldn't help but smile and stretch, cracking his back a little as he stretched and looked up at the house. "I'll go take a look inside, you guys can come with or walk around the outside, okay?" Sean nodded to his boys and squeezed Aidyn's shoulder gently and gave him a smile before walking up the stairs to the front door and twisting the handle. Luckily it wasn't locked as many houses in this small town were. The inside was nice and spacious and certainly had enough room for all of them. He smiled and peeked out the door again. "Boys, come on and look inside when you're done out there!"

The house was breathtaking. There was something about the old Victorian houses that made her think of home and family. She smiled as she stepped onto the porch. The house seemed so big she wondered if he inherited it or if there was something about it that made him choose it. "Do you live here with your family?" She didn't think that he could live alone in such a house and she didn't see anything wrong with some small talk to get her mind of her idiocy. "How old are you?"

She shut her mouth with a small blush as she realized that her mouth was rambling, spitting out word vomit at Ethan. How embarrassing. She looked down as she showed her hands to Ethan. "I am a walking disaster." She admitted to him with a meek smile. Her hands really weren't that bad, but her skin, with its accelerated healing abilities, was already starting to grow over the smaller bits of glass. They would probably have to reopen it to get it out. What an awesome day for her, but it could always get worse so she would try to keep her spirits up.

Bradley slammed the door the moment he got outside, then let out a mighty yawn whilst stretching his arms upwards. Being out of the car felt wonderful. The long drive was making him so restless and cramped. Finally, they were home. He couldn't wait to get settled inside and begin his new life with his little family.

Aidyn circled around the car with his rabbit plush under an arm. With his free hand, he tugged onto Parker's shirt. "Can we look at the yard, Papa B?" he asked with an angelic smile. That nickname for Parker always made him smile, be it outside or inside. It was short for 'Papa Bradley', which he found to be one of the most adorable things ever.

"You betcha!" he replied enthusiastically, taking Aidyn by the hand. The two of them left the parking spot to explore what was outside of the new home. Lots of grass to frolic in and empty spaces of soil for gardening. Seeing the spacious area of grass made Parker want to put his carpentry skills to use and build a playground for the child. Some toys, too!

"Wow, it's so big out here! This is awesome!" exclaimed the pup. He left Parker's side to run around the yard, holding the paws of his bunny so they could play a game of Ring Around the Rosies together. "We all fall DOWN!" he laughed, letting all his weight crash onto the soft ground with the stuffed animal on top of him. Brad Parker smiled genuinely at the scene.

"C'mon, Papa Sean wants to show us inside," he yelled out to Aidyn, who rushed over to follow his guardians into the house. They already felt safely at home.

From out of nowhere, a beam of red light flashed into Sara's eyes and she found herself pelted with pillows, shoes, even little pebbles! "Intruder! Intruder! You won't get past me! State your name and business!" a squeaky voice ordered. Sara had never seen this kid before. He looked about Daniel's age but he had jet black hair so long it was past his ears and amber eyes. Creepy amber eyes. It was difficult to tell what he was wearing but like hell if she cared at this rate!

"Tttaavvvooosss ... Tavos?" A woman's voice rang through the house and each time got closer and closer. "Tavos!" The pelting stopped and the boy turned behind him. The woman who appeared was a few inches shorter than Sara, wearing an apron over jeans and a t-shirt. She looked pretty enough ... If you were into the heart-shaped face, dark blue eyes and a figure that looked round and ... pregnant?! What the hell?! "That is not how we treat pack alphas. Apologize and take a bath." Her voice was stern, the tone of a mom who wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

Tavos huffed and rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry ..." He winced when the woman crossed the distance and pinched his ear, yanking it just so.

"I know you're rolling your eyes. Now apologize for real this time because you're not getting dinner."

"Awh man!" He huffed and no rolling eyes this time. "I'm sorry!" Then he ran upstairs, leaving Sara and the woman alone.

She smiled sheepishly. "My name's Donovan um, I mean, Donna for short. That's Tavos, my son. We're staying with Rion for awhile ... You must be Sara. Rion didn't mention you were beautiful."

"Rion doesn't mention a lot of things." Sara growled. Thanks to that laser pointer she was seeing little spots, but at least she didn't rip pillows of pieces. Yet. She tossed the one she managed to catch over to the sofa.

Glaring at the woman wasn't easy when her vision was still a little blurred, but Sara was very good at looking pissed off. A kid AND pregnant was not what Sara was expecting when she smelled a female in the house. Her mind was already coming up with a million scenarios, that were all probably going to end with her murdering Rion the moment she got her hands on him.

"I'm sure you have a grand story of escape and rescue. A real damsel in distress moment, with Rion in the middle."

Donna laughed. "Is that he said? I appreciate Rion coming by but I think he worries too much. He thought my pack being on the move so often was bad for my pregnancy. I tried to reason with him but men are awfully stubborn." She shrugged. "I had Tavos the same way. We still traveled but when it got real close, Sol would settle for a bit and everything will be fine. I was staying with another pack for about six months until Rion finally found Noel and brought him back. Rion's not here right now but you're welcome to stay for a cup of tea or a snack."

Sara didn't reply straight away. She prowled around a bit, snooping with her senses to see how long the woman had been in town. How long Rion had been keeping it a secret. It couldn't have been more than a day or two. Not that it made Sara feel any better. Sara was still suspicious.

"And is that all? Not wanting you to move around while pregnant?" she asked slowly. Trying not to assume right away that the baby was Noel's, Sara tried to think of some other reasons. Was the woman's pack in danger? Just her? There was so much shit had to deal with already without piling some new drama on to the mountain.

"The name Sol sounds familiar."

Donna watched Sara walk around. She certainly wasn't as bad as Rion had painted her as being. She liked to reserve judgement and Sara was an alpha. She had a lot of things to worry about besides a pregnant wolf. She blinked in surprise. She had honestly not thought Sol's name would be familiar to anyone outside her pack. "Is it? His full name is Sollux but I call him Sol for short." She blushed a little. "He's my mate. Mm ... He looks a lot like Tavos just much bigger and older, of course. I haven't seen him for awhile but it's not strange for him to be gone for days, weeks, even."

When she had first started running with the pack, she'd been conerned if he was missing for a day or two. It always tugged at her heart when he wasn't there but she had to be strong and she could be patient. She could wait.

Sara stiffened, her back to Donna. Sollux? That was a familiar name. A dangerous and unpredictable wolf that liked to cause trouble. He had never crossed her pack's path, nor has he ever been a danger to them. But then, they never were in a position where they had something he wanted.

What was Rion thinking? Did Sollux know his mate was here? And his kid too. Sara was going to kill the hell out of Rion.

"I see." Though in her head she was screaming a million different curse words and imagining all the ways she was going to fillet Rion alive, outwardly Sara was calm. Tucking her hands in to her jacket pocket as she turned and tilted her head to the side. Another examining stare at the houseguest.

"We have other young pups in the pack. So you should be comfortable here. We also have... a secret... and while you are under the care of my pack, I would appreciate if you kept that secret. Now should you take it personally should I murder Rion the moment he gets home."

Donna smiled sheepishly again."I understand. Mama often said Larrow men were more stubborn than most. She likened my dad to a donkey in a wolf's body whenever she spoke about him. I think she was worried I'd inherit the gene." She laughed softly at that before becoming thoughtful. "Mm .... Rion didn't say when he'd be back but please make yourself comfortable." She looked around the room. She'd have Tavos come and clean up his mess later. "Are you hungry? Can I get you something to drink?" She wanted to make sure Sara was comfortable. She felt bad about Tavos attacking her and wanted to make it up to her.

Ethan smiled as he sat down on the coffee table opposite of the chair Remmi sat in and gently rubbed at her hands, it seemed that her werewolf healing had already kicked in and was trying to embed the glass underneath a layer of skin. He carefully pulled at the glass with the tweezers and set the shards on the coffee table. He listened to her questions, smiling warmly to each of them.

"Ah, non, my mother left me this house in her will after she passed away I moved in. I was in Toronto before that. And I am 30 years old." He smiled as he continued to work, only looking up a couple of times to make eye contact while he was talking, after all he was a gentleman. "Non, you just have a bit of bad luck tonight. You seem to ride your motorcycle without issue. Demain soir you should be much better, I'm sure. Now," He smiled, wrapping the cuts with a bit of bandaging just to keep the dirt out, "What about you? Are you with that new pack that has moved into the area? Are you staying with them because I know of some places for sale around here if you have the money." He smiled, not realizing that he was still holding onto her hands gingerly.

Sean chuckled as he let the others wander about the house as he did. He inspected each room carefully, looking at the technical aspects of everything, making sure the water worked, the electricity was working, all of the boring things that he didn't expect Parker to look at. When he was satisfied he pulled his cellphone free from his pocket and made a call back to his movers in NYC. He wanted to make sure the furniture was on it's way like he had been promised.

The call only lasted a few minutes, Sean was mostly trying to make sure they had the correct address about a hundred times. When did I become such a worrywort? I wish I could be more free like Parker. He sighed as he hung up the phone and found the boys playing together in one of the rooms.

"So it looks like we'll have to sleep on the floor tonight, the furniture should be here sometime early tomorrow according to the company. So let's get our sleeping bags out of the car and set up, it'll be bedtime soon and I want to have our sleeping arrangements set up for the night so we can go out and get a bite to eat, unless you two are going to go hunting for some wildlife?" Sean chuckled at the last part of his statement. He had gone hunting for a wild animal maybe once when he had first realized just what he was, but he still preferred to eat regular human food. With a smile he messed up Aidyn's hair a bit and walked back to the front door of the house so he could go get their things from the car, most importantly his laptop with all his research. It wouldn't do well to leave it out in the open like that once the other wolves knew that they were there.

I better call Sara while I'm at it... He thought as he fished his phone out of his pocket once again.

Remmi had noticed that her hand was still in his and that he had not classified himself with her pack. He seemed nice enough and he did know the situation. "Yes I am with them." She smiled placing her other hand on top of the one that covered hers. "No I'm not staying with them. They have been settled and they don not have the room. Besides it would be rude to just expect them to put me up. I know that if I need help they will. I'm sure that I can find something appropriate, given enough time. I was just going to stay at a hotel, perhaps you can direct me to one." She had smiled up at him, he really did seem nice. "So do you actually have a pack here or are you wild?" She had a toothy grin on her face as she teased him.

It was getting late perhaps she should call Sara in the morning. Remmi didn't know if Sara would be angry or not. So perhaps she should send her a text tonight. She would need to charge her phone first but short of running into her tonight she would send her a message.

CHAPTER TWO; A NEW PACK

Morning in Glendon was a peaceful existence. Being so far north and the fall season, there were patches of snow here and there. It was chilly without being painfully cold and those that ran businesses in the single street of downtown were already up and opening their doors.

This morning Grace was out with Daniel at the only park available. Sara came back last night bitching about Rion and 'some new woman', but Grace didn't bother to ask the details. Trying to figure out why Noel was barely even 13 years old was enough to fry her brain. As if she weren't concerned enough with having a werewolf for a son. However, she was interested in knowing that Rion's new houseguest had a son the same age as Daniel. As well as finding comfort that another couple just got in to town with a son also. It made Grace feel a little better to know that Daniel would have a chance to grow up with people similar to him. Keeping his secret was not easy for him...

"Hey mom! Mom! Mommy! Mom! Mom! Mooooommmyyyy!" Speaking of Daniel, he was leaping around her in a circle trying to catch her attention. Grace smiled and let him keep hopping before she finally replied.

"Yeees, Danny?"

"Are they gonna be there at the park?"

"I don't know, babes. But I'm sure we'll meet them sometime soon."

"Cool! ....Hey mommy?"

"Yes?

"Will I have to sniff their butts?"

Grace choked on her laughter, ruffling Daniel's hair and swatting him gently before pointing him towards the park that was now coming in to view. "Lets assume that no one likes a butt sniffer and just say Hello instead, hmm?"

[size=-2]
"UNCLE!"

The sound reverberated through the house, even though Coco was standing at the front door of the building. Wearing skinny jeans, a black tank top, and a pair of black tennis shoes, Coco was ready to get out and go. However, her usually devoted uncle was not answering her. Coco stepped back inside the door, looking all around. When she didn't hear anything, she jogged up the stairs to where she presumed her uncle would be and simply called out again instead of actually looking for him from room to room.

"UNCLE! I'm going to go see if there aren't interesting people here, ok? I'm, like, super bored here. I know we just moved in but since I totally didn't have any boxes anyway, I'm pretty much all done unpacking. OK?" Coco was speaking a mile a minute and quite possibly only stopped speaking because she had run out of breath. Without waiting for her uncle to answer, Coco ran back down the stairs. She almost tripped trying to tie her feathery black hair back in a scrunchy but reached the bottom with just a stumble and darted out the door before her uncle could disapprove.

The air outside felt fresh and was somehow cleaner than it had been in the cities. There was a certain freshness to the town and Coco was eager to explore. After cooped up inside all the time, she decided that she would head for the park that they had passed coming into the city. She'd seen lots of flowers and a couple of benches where she could listen to her music and draw. The place struck Coco as somewhere she would like to spend time so, without further ado, she headed down the sidewalk in the direction that she'd seen the park.
[/size]

We found the truck three days after breaking out. Travelling in wolf-form is useful, but sometimes you need something a little less distinctive.

It was a beaten-up old thing, covered in rust and the faded lettering of a company that probably went out of business decades ago, but the engine was solid and it was easy to break in to. I rigged the thing up to drive as Zack watched my back, and we'd been driving it northwards ever since.

That was a couple days ago.

We'd crossed the border to Canada the day before, the landscape growing steadily colder and more mountainous. I imagined roaming across such hills in wolf-form, and couldn't help but smile a little. This place looked right, like the sort of place beings like me would live. Zack had told me of a tribe of our kind who lived up here, his old pack. That's where we were headed, apparently; to a town called Glendon in the Alberta providence.

But first, we had a stop to make.

Zack had, so far, been pretty cryptic as to what this stop was for. Frankly, though, I didn't give that much of a shit; quiet and grim he might be, but the guy had saved my ass back where we had been held, so I wasn't about to go making a big song and dance about him not telling me much about what we were doing. I owed him that much.

Glancing away from the road, I looked to my bearded travelling companion and decided to strike up a conversation after several hours of silence.
"So we're getting a little closer to where you said we needed to make that stop? You wanna tell me what it's about, or would you rather I mind my own goddamn business? I'm cool with either, man."

[size=+2]Zack[/size]

For Alex to have seen the carnage that he'd wreaked while they escaped the facility they'd been captured in... the words that followed would make the young man uneasy. "There's someone I need to kill." Zack answered plainly as his hand gripped the steering wheel ever tighter for a brief moment. The wheel creaked under the exertion, before he loosened his grip once more, and then flicked at his cigarette, ashing it out the window before talking another long drag. "When we get there, stay in the truck." Advice Alex had no need of hearing, but it came as a force of habit for Zack. The young man seemed to have his wits about him, and knew how to get around, and through things as they came, but Alex's attitude was another matter entirely. That was what was dangerous for him, and he could almost see a younger reflection of himself when he glanced over at Alex. Better for his companion to know a portion of the truth. It would more than likely make Alex discover he didn't want to know more, and actively avoid the topic in Zack's opinion.

In truth, Zack didn't want Alex to witness what was definitely going to be a very bloody confrontation. He'd have a hard enough time getting acclimated to the pack, and making a home for himself. After that moment of silence, Zack reached between his legs where a brown paper back was nestled, and brought it to his lips to take a long heavy pull from the bottle it held. Shaking his head lightly, he moved his jaw lightly in order to crack it, and then set the bag back between his legs. He'd been driving nearly nonstop since Alex had rigged the truck for their escape. Whoever he was going to see, was obviously someone of great importance.

There was also that little problem of where... well hopefully that wouldn't become a known issue. Not if Zack's little meeting worked out as he hoped it would. "Just know that if I'm not back in an hour, start driving until you reach Glendon, and find Sara." He then answered many minutes later. There was no signs of worry in his voice, but the tone seemed slightly longing. "What?" he asked after a chanced glance over at Alex who was looking at him with what was either suspicion, or confusion.

"Mommy, it's over here!" Tavos was brimming with excitement. Donna could feel it in his body even if he was trying to act cool and grown up. He walked ahead of her a few feet, straining to see the park, only to wait for her to catch up or sometimes walking back to her if he thought she was taking too long. She smiled softly, cradling the small red bouncy ball in the crook of her arm and a small basket with food and a few drinks. He was growing up so fast.

Oh, Sol. You'll be so proud. She often watched her son and found herself thinking if this was what Sol had been like when he was younger. He certainly looked like his father. Ah, he was going to break hearts when he grew older. "I'm coming. I'm coming." Tavos could get so impatient but he was a child. He lived in the moment. "So, this park you're taking me to ... It's the one Uncle Rion showed you?"

"Yep! There's chairs and everything for you to sit, Mom."

"I'm glad." She sighed inwardly. She'd have to take it easy soon. She wouldn't be able to walk around as much as she'd like and Rion or Tavos would probably throw a fit if it looked like she was working too hard. Rion was worried already. He was a far cry from Sol who had insisted she continue to be active when she was pregnant with Tavos.

"Someone's already there, Mommy."

Donna looked up, snapped out of her thoughts to see a woman and another boy already there. Rion had mentioned there being other young pups for which she'd been glad. The last pack she'd stayed with had older members whose youngest "pup" had been about her age. It hadn't been a lot of fun for Tavos. "Well, here's the ball. Why don't you go say, hi. He'll probably be more fun at playing ball than me."

Tavos took the ball and then looked at the other kid with his mom. He waited until Donna was a little closer to approach him. "Hi. My name's Tavos. What's yours?" he asked Daniel.