MLP: Guardians of Harmony. Saphire and Ananfal

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I am not upset, New Moon. My Princess needed nourishment, and anything I could do to ensure her survival was not any sort of chore to give." He managed to give a small smile, fangs visible clearly behind the white teeth, before he followed after her. Once they arrived at the Spell Enclave, the two of them nodded after a moment, Moonlight having no fear of New Moon due to her own ability to sense. Once they were within the room the two of them found one corner, each settling down in it and sitting down.

For another short moment the two of them conversed over the Hive Mind, before Moonlight spoke, "We would like to express Our gratitude to you, New Moon, for without you we would have easily died in this forest. Our Hive owes it's future existence to you, We would be honored to call you Friend of the Hive." A simple, yet powerful olive branch. If she could possibly make this alliance, and keep it, then it would be the first time in a thousand years that Changelings and Nonchangelings had been allies... and somehow this sat right with her.

Moon bowed low to the ground, her faint memory of politics granting her the knowledge that this was a very important step for interspecies relationships. "'Tis an honor to accept, your Majesty. I will gladly serve as a Friend to the Hive, as my Mistress once did in ages long ago." Luna, in the olden days, had been friends with the changeling queens (at least most of them) and so her Night Guard, Moon included, had dealt closely with the changelings. Although it seemed that Luna had lost her interest in the love seekers, perhaps Moon could start the process for her. Peace is more important now than ever, especially with all the trouble Equestrian had been dealing with recently.

Straightening up, Moon glanced out of the door, checking the sky. "We sleep tonight." She said, with an unconscious air of authority around her. "It's no longer safe to travel the forest. I'll start a fire, and keep watch, Princess. Tomorrow, we'll see about getting you some more love. Oh, and if that chitin hasn't healed in the morning, Mr. Guard, I want to know." Her orders were brisk and unassuming, yet commanded obedience.

((XD I thought it'd take a bit longer than a day, but the effects of love... Well, that's kinda cool!))

The two changelings nodded, accepting her authority in this rather quickly. The two of them simply curled up, and drifted to sleep. Well, Stalwart did, as an effect of both his age and loss of blood. Moonlight stayed awake a bit longer, dropping her formal tone to say, in a voice pitifully reminiscent of a filly's, "Thank you, New Moon." She didn't notice the very brief glow on her sides, only for it to fade away as she finally drifted off to sleep.

((Short response, bleh. A tiny bit of foreshadowing. No, she doesn't have the Mark just yet.))

((Well, I was thinking this is where Zecora comes into this, and meets Moonlight. I'm also thinking that Stalwart stays at the castle, because he's still weak from the bite or something. I don't know exactly what I was thinking, but I do know that Moon is too proactive to not plan something for the next day.))

Moon sighed softly as the two changelings immediately went to sleep, but not before the princess thanked her in a quiet voice. She did notice the glow on the changeling's flanks, but decided not to mention it in case it was something normal of changeling royalty (her memory was a bit fuzzy on this). Instead she used some of the ruined wood nearby and a small stone to create a fire, making sure to keep it high enough to ward off any nocturnal predators, but also making sure to keep it small enough that it won't attract any pony attention. Then she simply sat, and waited until the sun peaked up over the horizon.

Morning came in the form of light breaking through the castle, inching closer and closer to the two sleeping changelings until it shone in first Moonlights, then Stalwart's eyes. The two of them made similar groaning noises as their eyes opened, Moonlight already looking far better than she had yesterday, and Stalwart still having his blue-goop covered neck. Though he would have moved to stand, pain in his neck caused him to collapse on the ground instead of being able to stand correctly.

Moonlight, ever attentive to her Hivemate, immediately turned her attention to him, wings buzzing slightly in an unconscious call to aid. Of course, only another changeling would have known what it was, though the flapping of her wings were obviously done out of worry or distress. Nuzzling him slightly she asked what was wrong, only to frown and help him roll over a bit. A tiny wince, but not one that was too obvious, escaped him when she prodded the revealed flesh. <Did you forget to remove the bits of Chitin that were likely left in?>

<I was more worried about you, milady!> One could see he was visibly upset by this, even as he struggled to stand once more.

<Well, now it seems to be infected. Or, I think it is... I can't see it, after all. But just touching it made you react, so I think it's a safe bet that you're not going to be able to heal like this...> not half-starved and unable to stand. <Maybe New Moon can...>

<Moonlight!>

<But you need help!>

((How's that? An infection would be enough to need to contact the medicine-mare. And it makes sense, since his chitin was not exactly A: healthy, and B: clean.))

Moon sighed softly to herself as the changelings slowly awoke behind her, finally breaking her night long vigil as she stood and stretched each leg out in an attempt to alleviate her soreness. However, her own worries were quickly forgotten when she realized that one of the changelings hadn't stood - the guard she had bitten the night before. A soft curse slipped out of her mouth, one not heard in Equestrian for centuries.

Trotting over quickly, she leaned down to inspect the wound herself, well, as much as she could behind the spit salve that had been placed over it. "This needs medical attention, and love. I can provide the love, but I don't have the proper training to handle a wound like this. I'll have to go to a local medicine made by the name of Zecora. She's a zebra, and speaks only in rhyme." Moon briskly said, straightening up and peeking outside of the small room.

"The sun is up - we need to get going. Princess Moonlight, you're coming with me. I'll be your guard for the day. Zecora should be up by now." Just as it was yesterday, her tone was commanding without being oppressive. It demanded respect, not obedience.

"Of course." Moonlight padded over near New Moon, staying just a bit way from the aura to limit the chances of running into her. Hopefully the two of them would be ok in the forest. Actually, so long as she didn't get in the way the two of them would be fine, but she was worried about stalwart. Right as she reached the doorway... or where she thought was the doorway and was really right in front of the wall, she swiveled her head back to Stalwart, whom gave her a sharp reprimand for wasting time. Her ears fell down by her head, especially as he told her she was in front of the wall.

<No, the other way, Princess.> Stalwart told her when she turned, only for her to turn back towards the proper direction. A few steps later and he said, <There's the door, Milady.> There was an undercurrent of amusement at her predicament, but she just walked through it. He even let out a little chuckle, only to stop when it made his pain worse.

"She speaks in Rhyme? How strange..." That couldn't always be so easily done. There were words that just didn't rhyme, and some that were so difficult that she may as well not even try... what a strange pony. Strange was good, maybe she wouldn't hate her. "D-do you want me to try to make a disguise?" She should have just enough to handle the meeting, though she'd have to change right as they reached the cottage.

Moon sighed softly as she took the first step outside and flinched against the bright sun. "Ugh... Um, anyway... You probably don't need a disguise, especially since you won't be coming inside with me. You're going to stay outside, and I'm going to get the information we need from Zecora. She already knows me, and I'd rather not have to explain your presence as well." She responded to the Princess's question after recovering from the brightness of the sun. Then she moved on to the first thing Moonlight had said. "As for the rhyme, it's a tradition of her homeland. She is considered a Shaman there, and it is custom for Shamans to speak flowingly. Most do so by rhyme." This had been comments knowledge back before Nightmare Moon. However, now it seemed as though the other races were rarely talked about in Equestria at all. It was rather sad, to be honest...

(Could you be Zecora? I don't rhyme well enough. :/ Also, so sorry for the delay...)

((Gah, I can't rhyme that well either. I'll try, though. And no worries, I thought maybe you'd lost the page.))

Moonlight nodded, softly padding after the Thestral. IF there was something like an umbrella, or large leaf, she would grab it for the Thestral, but as she didn't A) see anything, or B) realize that New Moon was having trouble with it. Instead she just continued to follow her near-silently, ears flicking at each sound of a creature, eyes moving as she 'saw' the slightest of movement of Aura's. She was used to being the first line of defense, but... well, that wasn't necessary right now. "I have not heard of Changelings who feed off of the Zebras. It's hard for our kind to expand, due to the lack of Love reserves."

Moon shrugged. "The Zebras rarely let others into their lands, they are a highly secretive race. Even when Shamans take their rite of passage, they rarely go to Equestrian, preferring instead to go to other lands such as with the Griffons. Zecora is, as far as I know, one of the only Zebras currently in Equestria." Moon didn't mention the fact that she had rarely left the forest since the defeat of Nightmare Moon over a thousand years ago.

Eventually adjusting to the bright light as they continued their journey, Moon made sure to keep her senses alert for any signs of danger, but doubted there would be any. No only were most of the predators nocturnal here, but she had also managed to drive away the predators enough times to make them remember her. They rarely struck out at her any longer, but the addition of Princess Moonlight might make some of them change their minds. However, the pair managed to make their way to Zecora's hut with no problem. "Alright, princess, stay outside and keep alert, but make sure you're hidden. I'll go inside and see what Zecora says." Moon said, and knocked on the door of the hut.

Moonlight nodded, scooting backwards until she was inside the pale green of a bush, closing her eyes and sweeping her mane out of sight. Or, where it looked like it would be visible. Thus hidden she lowered her head, so that she was more a shadow than a visible shape in the plant, even if she couldn't completely hide herself. She hoped that it wouldn't take that long to do the meeting, as she was not comfortable being alone in this forest.

Zacora's hut, a mix of earth and Zebrican senses, with the brew in the middle and zebra walking around, checking on this or that. Zacora stopped when she heard the door open, and then she turned around to see New Moon. "Ah, what a surprise! A visit from the bringer of my supplies. Do you bring me news, or need of my brews?"

Moon bowed her head respectfully to the Zebra, only taking a few paces into the hut and being careful that her wings didn't accidentally brush up against anything. "I fear it is the latter this time, Zecora. While wandering the forest, I came across some pony who had been bitten rather harshly on the neck. I assume the poor fellow had been ambushed by some predator, but managed to beat off his attacker before falling prey to blood loss. It appears now that the wound has become infected, most likely due to something on the attacker's fangs. Is there anything you can give me to ease the infection and help heal the wound?"

Moon looked up from her bow and smiled at the Zebra. "I will, of course, bring you any material you need for your potion, if there is something you can do. I hate to rush you, but I fear to leave the pony alone for long. Please, Zecora, can you help him?" She hoped that by appealing to the Zebra's sense of caring for her fellow ponies, she could get the potion and then leave before any questions were asked about the 'attacker'.

"Ah, a mission of mercy! Then we must hurry." With that she was moving around, grabbing this or that, pulling them down from here and there, and bringing them all to her pot. "A simple herbal concoction, though I must give a word of caution:" Once more she was cutting them up, or throwing them into the pot. "If you have left them waiting, I would be careful about the pacing."

((I apologize for that, my rhymes suck.))

(Mine would be worse so don't worry about it.)

Moon nodded at the Zebra's wise words, sifting from hoof to hoof in an uncharacteristic show of nervousness. "I think I'll go wait outside, Zecora, so I don't bother you while you work." She said hurriedly before heading outside before the Zebra could respond. Heading into the bushes where she had seen the princess hide before, Moon hesitantly called out her name. "Moonlight? You still there?"

(Also sorry for the short length and the large delay.)

Status
Not open for further replies.