Mirror Mirror

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It is just a simple scratch. I ran into some ogres trying to get back to the mirror. They quite enjoy the tyrant's rule as they are now his guard." The girl said, letting him examine it.

"Ogres!? The mythical creatures? How am I supposed to fight those things!?" he asked with a little bit of fear.

"I fight them. You focus on the tyrant." The girl said. "What's your name? I never got it."

"Aaron, and yours?" he asked. He looked around once more and stood there in aw. It was wild enough he walked through a mirror and even wilder there was a limitless beautiful land behind it.

"Aya." The girl said. "Now, we should get moving. The orcs will be here soon and if they find you, they will tell the tyrant of you being here. It would be unwise to let them do that." She grabbed his hand and started to lead him through the forest. His curiosities could be satisfied after she got him to a safe place.

Aaron was taken through the beautiful land, and he wished he could stop and observe, but Aya was yanking him through it way too fast. "Where are we going Aya?"

"Somewhere safe." Was all that she said. They soon exited the forest and were now going through a canyon. Aya reached a small boulder and closed her eyes. A green aura surrounded the boulder, moving it aside. She ushered Aaron inside the cave before the green aura sealed it shut again. Once inside, Aya lit a few torches which illuminated what looked to be a small camp. There was food, water, and maps. Lots and lots of maps.

"So, I'm guessing this your 'safe house' if you will," he assumed. He took a look around. "Alright...lay it on me. What plans must I carry out for this beautiful land?" he asked. He thought it funny that he was actually planning to help this person. He was never first to help before. He was even labeled a cowards in the past, but the fact he stepped forward for this job says a lot about him, to himself. He became quite proud of himself.

"I need you to gain The leader's trust." Aya said. "He will trust one of his own and let his guard down. Then I can bring in my people in for an attack."

Aaron nodded. "Are you sure that would work? Wouldn't it be a little suspicious that there's another human in this world? I mean, since he's the only one don't you think he'd ask a lot of questions about it? What would I answer if he asked anything like that," he asked crossing his arms and tilting his head to the side.

"You're curious about this world. Tell him you're a researcher who found the mirror and fell through. You simply want to study the world. He'll believe you because that happened to him." Aya said.

Aaron nodded. "Then let it be so," he said. "Where would I find him?"

"I will let you know in the morning. For now, rest." Aya said, pulling out some food as she started a fire.

Aaron nodded. As he sat down by the fire. "I have a suggestion. Do you think you'd need to, perhaps, enchant me, so when it comes time to fight I actually won't be demolished? I'm not a fighter at all. I'm quite horrible when it comes to using my fists."

"He will teach you how to fight." Aya said. "He does not want any of his own kind without means to fight the 'beasts' as he calls us." She started to cook, using a pan to cook the meat.

Aaron nodded. "I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty scared." he told Aya. "I'm not sure what to expect."

"Expect luxury, beauty, and women." Aya said. "Now, are you hungry?" She pulled out a slate to use as a plate for eating.

Aya put two of the three pieces of meat on a slate and handed it to him, giving him a fork and knife.

Aaron took the plate. "Do you mind telling me what type of meat this is?" he asked in curiousity.

Status
Not open for further replies.