Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
[bg=#D7DBC0]
4trtiux.png

☃ DETAILS ☃

Ho ho how do you do, Iwaku? The Holidays are nearly upon us, and we here in the Community Department have a fun new challenge for you! Welcome to Iwaku's Christmas Advent Prompt Event!

The goal is fairly simple - starting December 1st, you'll receive the first eight prompts inspired by the winter and the Holidays therein. Additional prompts will arrive the 9th and the 17th. Using inspiration from the prompt for that day, you'll write a short story, then submit it into the thread.

The final submission date will be December 31st! Anyone who manages to write a story for each prompt will receive a temporary shiny ribbon beneath their name declaring them an Advent Champion!

☃ RULES ☃

❄You may interpret the prompts however you'd like, but pieces should, in some way, relate to winter, holidays, events, traditions... something!​

❄You may catch up if you miss a day or two, but please don't jump ahead!​

❄Fanfiction is fine, as is using characters from your RPs, but all pieces should be SFW.​

❄Each story should be between 100 to 1000 words. Works should be original pieces, in spirit of the event, but I'm not gonna police to see if you cheated (Santa's gonna know, anyway ;-D)​

❄You may use bbcode or images if you'd like but be sure that everything is readable within the spoiler tag, and is as mobile friendly as possible.​

❄All Iwaku Site Rules applies.​

❄Above and beyond all else, have fun!​

☃ HOW to PARTICIPATE ☃

Simply click the prompt for that day and write!

You may either write one story for each day, or you may write a continual story using each new prompt as the next segment/chapter.

Once written, post your pieces within SPOILER TAGS ([spoiler=Name/Date]content[/spoiler]) marked with the date of the prompt and your username in the prompt thread.

This is meant to just be fun, and we're hoping to get quite a few submissions, so there won't be much room for reviews, judging or critiques, but if you would like reviews of your work you are welcome to post a thread in the showcasing forum following the contest. Please leave the PROMPT thread for writing prompts ONLY - questions, discussions and chatting can be done in this thread!

As always, if you have any questions, just ask!

Now, without further ado...

[/bg]

Last edited:
I'M GONNA DO THIS! Though I'll be gone from the first to the third of december, so it will be a challenge to catch up x'D @The Mood is Write Guess which immortal will get some winter side stories and AU stories this year ;3

I'll look forward to reading about Feng's 'adventures'. 8D Feel free to borrow from my dorks. <3

• Love
Reactions: redblood
I'll look forward to reading about Feng's 'adventures'. 8D Feel free to borrow from my dorks. <3
I'll definitely come with lots of "how would they react in this situation?" sort of questions ;D

PROMPTS 1-8 have been posted !! Enjoy, folks :)

Reactions: rissa
This is such a great idea!! Can't wait to get started <3

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Whooot I'll do it!

I was planning to write a long story for the December Prompts. My problem so far is setting. I want my story to be a fanfiction of the stories/characters I made/are making. The story is sort of based on Fatal Frame II where they get sucked into a town that been through a tragedy in which that day is repeated over and over, Christmas Eve anyways and the characters are trying to find a way to get out.

But of course, I wanted to base this off in a snowy area (for winter), and I couldn't find a good location that would fit the story. I wanted the place to be somewhat far from society, but I could only find forests that were too close to society, or the folklore of that forest wouldn't fit (Also the perfect forest wasn't in the United States, and I want my story to stay in USA).

So basically, what I am asking is, is it ok to make up a haunted location/ghost town in a real place (i.e. I was thinking of Lake Tahoe)?

I was planning to write a long story for the December Prompts. My problem so far is setting. I want my story to be a fanfiction of the stories/characters I made/are making. The story is sort of based on Fatal Frame II where they get sucked into a town that been through a tragedy in which that day is repeated over and over, Christmas Eve anyways and the characters are trying to find a way to get out.

But of course, I wanted to base this off in a snowy area (for winter), and I couldn't find a good location that would fit the story. I wanted the place to be somewhat far from society, but I could only find forests that were too close to society, or the folklore of that forest wouldn't fit (Also the perfect forest wasn't in the United States, and I want my story to stay in USA).

So basically, what I am asking is, is it ok to make up a haunted location/ghost town in a real place (i.e. I was thinking of Lake Tahoe)?

:) You can do whatever you like! There are no rules about what can or can't write, as long as it doesn't belong to someone else!

Loving these submissions so far! I gotta say! You guys are great :) Keep it up!

Just a little note about my entries: They are based on a different version of a character I have made in a roleplay, so you could find a description of my character in that roleplay (Yoshikuni Sadako in Naruto: Rise of the New Generation).

But I will be giving a more accurate description of her as I go through the Prompts. So, Yeah :D

I'll work on this eventually, but I swear I'll catch up! I want that shiny ribbon ✴️✳️❇️

I have a story in mind for the first few days but I won't be home for like another ten hours xD gaaah I wanna write. But no computer makes it hard! (That's what she said?)

I have a story in mind for the first few days but I won't be home for like another ten hours xD gaaah I wanna write. But no computer makes it hard! (That's what she said?)

That's what pens and paper are for! :-D

:-D Can't wait to read more entries!! Keep 'em comin' !

Oh My GOD I wish I could participate in this! Omg I would so love to write with my characters in these not so common situations for them... (I mean, it would be fun to see a Prince of Hell celebrate the birth of Jesus...) But alas I have no time. Not with a thesis being due start January :(

Alright, my personal challenge: no people. No life forms of any kind.

I have no clue how this is going to work or how long I can keep it up, but I'm going to work on my description and this is how I'm gonna do it.

Expect entries from me sometime later today. I'm going to try and catch up by the end of the week.

Oh My GOD I wish I could participate in this! Omg I would so love to write with my characters in these not so common situations for them... (I mean, it would be fun to see a Prince of Hell celebrate the birth of Jesus...) But alas I have no time. Not with a thesis being due start January :(

Just so you know! The minimum necessary word count is 100! If that helps at all!

Just so you know! The minimum necessary word count is 100! If that helps at all!
Yes I know. But I also know myself. So if I would get started on this, I would spend too much time on it plotting/writing/editing it and I will put my thesis second... So I am just not gonna get started. It is too bad. But I am sure there will be something like this next year as well XD

Status
Not open for further replies.