Waiting for Wit
- Invitation Status
- Looking for partners
- Posting Speed
- 1-3 posts per day, Multiple posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
- Online Availability
- On fairly regularly, every day. I'll notice a PM almost immediately. Replies come randomly.
- Writing Levels
- Adept, Advanced
- Preferred Character Gender
- Primarily Prefer Male, No Preferences
- High fantasy is my personal favorite, followed closely by modern fantasy and post-apocalyptic, but I can happily play in any genre if the plot is good enough.
This interest check is a bit outside my usual realm of interests because, well, it’s silly, fluffy, cotton candy romance wish-fulfilment. My title wasn’t chosen by accident, after all!
no, that won’t be the last cheesy gif in here
This story will have many so-called tropes of bad storytelling, including but not limited to:
✦love at first sight!✦ ✦couples that always understand each other!✦ ✦unreasonably perfect people!✦ ✦unreasonably talented people!✦ ✦complicated problems being solved easily!✦ ✦silly amounts of (metaphorical) face-slapping!✦ ✦maybe some real face slapping!✦ ✦unrealistic antagonists!✦ ✦secondary characters just there to make our characters look good!✦ ✦and probably others!✦
At the age of 17, Andreas Rinaldo Quillon fought his way up against his uncle to become the CEO of Nolliq Technologies Inc. after his parents’ fatal car crash. Having appeared in the market only six years ago, Nolliq Tech had already come to dominate almost every industrial field across the world, due to its release of countless technological impossibilities, catapulting society decades into the future.
Despite being under the hands of an unreasonably young leader, Nolliq Tech did not fall from its great heights, instead continuing its skyrocketing growth. After all, unknown to everyone, Andreas was the one who had initially developed the technology that had allowed his parents to create Nolliq.
Now, X number of years in the future (depending on how old you would like our characters to be!), in a world of holograms, self-driving cars, and advanced robots, Nolliq all but rules the world from the shadows. However, despite its prominence, very few people can do more than name the CEO of this mega-corporation. Those who have seen his face since he successfully took over the corporation are limited to the most loyal top executives of the company. He rules the company the way his company rules the world, with an iron fist hidden in the shadows.
What no one would guess was that, when off work, Andre wanders the streets, dressed in a simple t-shirt, curly sandy blonde hair a mess, holographic contacts half-obscuring the color of his eyes, living simply in remembrance of his life before his parents died. No one would have guessed that, on a normal night out, he’d run into a struggling young woman, eager to become a celebrity but beaten down by the whims of fate. No one would have thought that he’d be charmed by her courage and confidence, and decide to help her out on a whim. And none would have imagined this would lead to a whirlwind romance between a rising celebrity, and the man she considers her lucky charm, unaware of his true background.
Several Things of Note:
- As you can hopefully guess from the description, I’m going to be playing Andre.
- Your character is up to your discretion, minus three key things. 1) She must want to be a celebrity of some sort. 2) She needs to have a backbone. She’s going to be facing down a lot of crap, and needs to be able to take it, and be interested in “getting even” with the people who have wronged her. 3) She needs to be unquestionably loyal to my character. The plot kind of hinges on it.
- Oh, yeah. Your character needs to be 18 or over. Thanks!
- Despite the fact that I’ve been calling her “she”, I’m not necessarily opposed to MxM. For the right partner, I might even be willing to make Andreas into Andrea, for FxF.
- I do not do smut. Sorry, not sorry. If our characters get intimate, it’ll be sweetness and then fade to black.
- I’m only looking for one partner. This will not be a first-come first-serve interest check. Be prepared to chat a bit to get to know each other!
- I am not opposed to an up to 10 year age gap between our character. Going higher will take some serious persuasion.
- I fully expect your character to be as unreasonably talented as mine. However, I’ll probably object if she’s the long-lost heiress to the second-most-powerful corporation in the world (since then she wouldn’t need my character’s support as much), she’s an internationally wanted criminal (makes it kind of hard for her to be a celebrity), or other things that I feel are in opposition to the plot. Otherwise, have fun! This is wish-fulfilment.
- You must be able to play side characters. There’s going to be a lot of other people out there, both allies and enemies, and I can’t and won’t play them all.
- Some other things I’m probably forgetting. It always goes that way.
Also, a Warning:
As I mentioned in my first sentence, this is wildly outside my usual realm of interest. And while it fits my cravings really well right now, there is a not insignificant chance I’ll realize exactly how silly this is once we’ve been writing for a bit, and I’ll want to call the whole thing a bust.
If you respond to this interest check, you are acknowledging that you understand and accept that it might crash and burn at any moment. Cool? Cool.
Still sound all good to you? Send me a PM with your ideas for your character and a link to a writing sample, and we’ll chat from there. If you need help figuring out what to put down, give me a name, age, gender, what kind of celebrity she wants to be and why, a personality, brief background, and list of likes, dislikes, talents, and fears. If that sounds like too much, though, just give me a name, image, and what kind of celebrity she wants to be!
Looking forward to hearing from you!