Marvel's Academy Alliance

Taking the subway to school was a right of passage for some of the students at Manhattan Academy. As they were all on the 12 train, clad in school uniforms mixed in with the other assorted goofballs and weirdos that NYC public transportation brought with it. Amongst all of them though sat a young man who even in his cleaned uniform looked disheveled. Fiddling with his smart phone he had completely hacked and modified beyond recognition. The phone had a connection to his personal desktop and laptop. With a small bluetooth keyboard Reed was typing in equations for a small scale experiment he had back in his storage unit behind the house turned lab.

It wasn't nearly as nice as Tony's, but it worked.

With that Reed's attention turned to a text message he got from that exact person. 'Meet in front before class?' It said, Reed indifferently sighed before going to respond…

'Sure thing '

Before his fingers could start to continue with the message Reed paused, blinking quietly to himself as he stared at his phone. He has had a difficult summer to say the least. It wasn't difficult in terms of anything straining physically or anything. More just emotionally distressing to unhealthy degrees.

Before the summer started Reed was a perfectly normal nerd. However all it took was one evening in Latervia to change everything. All the missteps, and all the mistakes he had made. It left him and the others either missing or now mutated in ways Reed felt like he couldn't even begin to understand. The others had varying degrees of accepting what had happened. Johnny seems like he's on cloud 9. Always talking about how he was going to become world famous and spent months working on a superhero name. Susan at least on the outside seems alright but Reed knew deep down it's all been bugging her.

Ben though, even though he's so far able to switch in and out of… Reed wasn't exactly sure what to call the form he takes on. Johnny's naming of 'that thing' was good enough for everyone at the moment. But even with the provision Ben has been miserable. It didn't help Reed convinced Ben to go solely because he could do the heavy lifting the others couldn't. Just another layer of guilt for Reed to try and digest.

Out of all of them though, it didn't compare to the guilt Reed felt for the still missing Victor Von Damme. Although Latverian authorities have excused Reed and the others since it was an accident. Reed knew deep down it was his fault that his friend was gone, maybe even for good. Not only that, but one of the last things Victor said to Reed before the fated experiment still rang in Reed's head every so often.

"If you think this is the right thing to do I'll go with you… but listen. If this goes wrong, it will be on your conscience."

Victor always had a way with words… even when they poisantly stung you deep.

On top of everything else, Reed was now a changed man. His body was now more cartoon character than normal human being. Granted, the curious and scientific side to Reed sees it as a present. A curious puzzle of limits, possibilities, and all the ways it might have improved his life. Still, it wasn't something he wanted people to just know about him. He was already socially awkward as it was. Being able to stretch his limbs all around probably wouldn't help that.

So Reed has been trying to decide who should know about the truth of his new form. He did show his mom, who already fainted when she first saw what happened to her little boy. Has come to accept it. Though Reed hasn't shown his two younger brothers yet, he's not sure he wants them to know. They're crazy rough housers as is, finding out they can turn their oldest brother into a living breathing play doh didn't sit well with Reed.

That left the biggest, amongst the admittedly small sample size, friend Reed had, Tony Stark. The billionaire playboy and him seemed like it should be an oil and water combination, but their combined smarts have made for interesting conversations and shared projects. Plus, Tony had his Iron Man suit which Reed was one of the few to know about, and even fewer to have actually had a hand in building. Although it was in a small way, using a fabric he made to line the inside of the suit with.

Finally the real world crept back into Reed's conscious, and realizing his stop was coming up quickly. Reed decided to put on his best YOLO (that is the term right?) and finished the text.

'Sure thing, but sometime today I need to talk to you, personal matter.'

Sent, Reed grabbed his backpack as the subway train came to a slow stop.

Reed approached the academy and immediately the day brought somewhat of a strange feeling to it. He had heard the academy had gotten a new dean, but the school seemed to have an influx of new students to go along with it. A school like this typically only really got new students in the form of the incoming freshmen. But there was students more around his grade showing up. It was interesting, though Reed wasn't exactly as interested in all the new blood coming in as he probably should be.

Approaching Tony, Reed subconsciously fiddled with his glasses. Getting a quick reminder that even after getting fascinating superpowers, he still needed the optics assistance. Way to kick him while he's down life….

Approaching Tony another student came up asking for help with all the first day prep. Reed paused and with a raised index finger gently butted into the conversation. "Well, actually when you go in. In front of the admins section should be a desk where all the new and first year students should get their information and other things." Reed noted to the presumably new student before awkwardly coughing.

"I mean that's what it was when I first came here…." Reed meekly added.

-------

Margaret had started to see some friends and teammates to chat with as she watched her father walk into his first day as academy dean. Agent Coulson was there, who Margaret considered an uncle even if lacking a genetic link. He was brought in to play dean's assist all the while really being liaison to SHIELD about the group.

Peering around at all the other new students she tried to keep an eye on all of the other project members. She saw a few, Ben had found Matt Murdock and the two seemed to be getting along well enough, Nico looked miserable, and Peter had ran towards Tony who had Reed join them. She still needed to figure out when and where to talk to Tony and Reed about the project. Hopefully at the same time, if she willingly let herself be around Tony privately she'd either have to pepper spray him or kick him in the nuts.

Glancing back to Ben and Matt though the two seemed to acknowledge Nico, perfect timing. According to reports Matt was late coming into town so he hasn't met his new roommate yet. Margaret excused herself from her friends as she approached Ben and Matt. "Hey Ben, looks like you're fitting in well!" Margaret gave Ben a light hug, a more friendly greeting than what the reality of her vague knowledge of Ben would suggest. More to keep appearances that she knows him to the others.

Margaret though turned to Matt, "Hi, I don't believe we've met yet but I'm Margaret Rogers. I'm sure they've told you about me." She suggested to Matt, keeping things vague enough as usual. "Listen though, before I get too ahead of myself. You haven't met your roommate yet have you?"

• Love
Reactions: Brea
Ben was happy to see Margaret, and didn't mind his little prank on Matt being broken by her arrival. Even though the hug surprised him, he hugged back, and smiled happily "Hey. Nice seeing you!" He watched her speak to Matt and the Asian girl with growing interest, as they seemed to be members of the project. Wow! Talk about intuition! Or fate...whatever.

Simon

Simon already felt odd man out as Ben was making new friends. He had been reading the orientation material so that he would know what to do when the bell rang.

That is when he saw Margaret Rogers. At least he knew her, even if she didnt like him much. He decided it was worth the risk. He wandered over to the growing group to introduce himself to the two people je didnt know yet.

As a reminder Simon has dirty blonde hair, stands a bit over 6 ft tall and is wearing red sunglasses. He walks up to once side and behind Ben watching everyone and waiting his turn to talk, giving Margaret a friendly nod with a slight smile on his face.

@The Wanderer @Camleen @Laivindur @LocalAreaMan

Matt Murdock

Matt turned towards Margaret, his small smile was still present. Though when she hinted towards something. His face took on an serious expression. The man had said something about her. This only furthered his suspicion on the whole academy secretly housing others like him.

Before his mind went into paranoia "who has abilities and who doesn't" mode, he reined in those thoughts and instead focused on what was happening before him. Matt gave a small nod to Margaret's words.

"No, I haven't. I did however arrive at the apartment." He said, his small smile returning. He had a feeling that Margaret was referring to the lady that Ben had been referring to prior to Margaret's arrival. So taking the initiative, Matt calmly walked to his roommate. And held out his hand for a handshake.

"It appears we are roommates. Name is Matthew Murdock, nice to make your acquaintance." He had said, once again shifting his cane to the other hand as to free up the hand that was being used for the handshake.

gwen_stacy__ponytail_by_merkymerx-dbjf21z.jpg

Character Sheet: Here
Mentioned: Peter ( @mr_pibbs ), Mary Jane
Interactions: Agent Coulson, Other Agents
Outfit: School Uniform

A young blonde girl sat quietly by herself on the train, headphones in. Though she wasn't paying any mind to the music playing from her cell phone. Instead, her mind had wandered away to about six weeks prior. Her eyes glossed over as she remembered the smell of the rain, the coolness of the air. Gwendolyn Stacy had just been walking home after a band practice with her friends. They were working on a new song, simply titled Queens of Queens.

She had only walked a few blocks away from Mary Janes' home before she turned into an empty alleyway. Gwen was very careful about her alter ego, and took extra precautions to make sure she would never be caught. She didn't want to jeopardize her second life. That's why Gwendolyn never made an appearance too close to home, or to school, or to her friends' home. She didn't want her own home location to be narrowed down by the all too nosy press.

Silently the teenage girl changed from her normal clothes into her makeshift super-suit. She had worn her leotard and white tights underneath her jeans and t-shirt, so really she just had to take off her extra clothing and change her shoes. She also pulled on her pink jacket, considering the weather. Finally she tucked her blonde hair underneath her spandex ski mask. Then, Gwen scaled the side of the building she had changed beside, her pedestrian clothing stored inside her plain pink backpack. On the top of the building Gwen adjusted the straps of her backpack, so that it fit tightly against her figure.

Some days it took a while for Spider Girl to find something to do. And sometimes, much like this particular day, she found something rather easily. She had been traveling in the direction of home. Her spider sense was triggered just a few streets away from where she lived, causing Gwen to cease swinging from building to building. Instead, she hung from the side of a building, trying to identify just what had triggered her extra sense.

She soon realized that the scene was happening just beneath her, and she felt very annoyed with herself for not noticing it immediately.

"Please, no. I don't have anything."

"Everyone's got something to give, pretty girl."

Gwen clenched her teeth in annoyance as she watched a man rub his finger against a younger girl's cheek. He was accompanied by a more heavy set friend. The girl could not have been no more than twenty, which Gwen guessed was at least ten years younger than the two men.

"Please," the girl plead again.

"Oh, come now sweet-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Gwen back flipped off the building and landed on her feet just inches away from the perpetrators. "Sorry for dropping in so suddenly," Gwen said. "Just couldn't stand hanging around anymore."

"What the?" The heavier man said, before Gwen shot a web on his mouth. Effectively silenced.

"Sorry," Gwen apologized, her tone mocking. "I just hadn't heard anything from you yet, and it'd be nice to keep it that way." The man with a mouth full of spiderweb reached for his face, his features growing angry. He made of a move to charge her, but Gwen's reflex's were quicker. This time she shot thick webbing at his feet, gluing him to the ground. A smile formed on her lips as she watched him fall over and then twist around to try himself free. "No use," she warned, "I've found my webbing to be quite sturdy."

"What's the big idea here?" The other man said, causing Gwen's gaze to shift to him.

"Oh, I just hate sleazeballs is all," Gwen replied simply, jumping towards him suddenly. She flipped over his head, landing flawlessly on the building just above him. "You're trying to get yourself up, aren't you? Here, let me help with that." Gwen grabbed his hand as he went to swing at her, and caught his other one when he swung it up as well. She quickly webbed his hands together, ignoring his protests.

Grunting slightly, Gwen threw him up in the air a few feet. While he went upward, Gwen leaped from the wall and landed on a nearby lamppost. He started to make his decent just as Gwen shot another web at his hands, connecting her own side with the lamppost. Instead of falling the the cement, the webbing caught him. She watched joyfully as he swung from the webbing, screaming the whole while. She waited until he was mostly just hanging below her before she turned herself upside down and slid down her own string of webbing to get eye level with him.

"Up enough for you?"

Clap. Clap. Clap.

Gwen's attention turned towards a newcomer, another male standing beside the female who had just recently been the damsel in distress. Gwen lifted her hand to shoot webbing at him as well, but he put his hands up quickly. "Hold on," He commanded, and for whatever reason Gwen listened. "I'm not a bad guy. Actually, my name is Agent Phil Coulson, I just want to talk to you."

"Not interested, I'm kind of in the middle of something here," Gwen said, gesturing to the man hanging before her.

"Right, well I set this whole thing up," Agent Coulson continued. Gwen's head tilted to the side, confused. "They're not bad guys either, just agents. I just wanted to see you in action for myself. And I must say, you put on quite a show Ms. Stacy."

The sudden realization that the man knew who she was caught Gwen's full attention. From there, things moved rather quickly. He explained who he was, who he worked for, and why he was here. Showed her the file he had on her, and she noticed that there was brief mention of Peter Parker, which meant they knew of him too. And then he got to the bit about the school and the superhero team.

"I know you struggled in the beginning with what kind of hero you want to be," She remembered Coulson saying. "Maybe this will help give you some direction."

That was all it took, really. Gwen was in. Once she agreed, Coulson gave her the last bit of information that she needed. At the end of it all, Gwen bid her goodbye, and then swung off on a web.

"Hey wait!" She heard Coulson yell after her. "I need you to de-web my agents!"

"Consider us even on the spying!" Gwen had simply yelled back, smiling to herself as she swung away...

The sudden and rough stop of the train brought Gwen back to the present, and she looked up to realize this was her stop. What fortunate timing. Gwen emerged from the train with her headphones still in, and walked the remaining two block walk it took for her to get to Manhattan University. The blond tugged on the skirt of her uniform uncomfortably as she approached the campus.

Immediately, she was in love. She'd always wondered what it was like to attend such a prestigious school, and was ecstatic to be attending MU. Gwen's excitement was clear in the way she walked, though she was determined not to look too much like a newbie. But, just as she passed the parking lot Gwen's spider sense went off, and her smile dropped. It wasn't the normal tingle of danger. No, instead it was the annoying feeling she got whenever Peter Parker was nearby.

He wasn't hard to find, since he was the only individual in costume swinging from a web. Oh God no, she thought to herself, wincing as she watched him clumsily collide with a car. He fled away quickly, leaving the car with it's alarm now going off. You've honestly got to be fucking kidding me.

Gwen no longer had any pep in her step as she continued up to the school building. She thought she was finally going to escape the tingly feeling she got around Peter due to their similar spider DNA, and the annoying urge she constantly felt to be near him. She walked past all the students waiting outside, wanting to see what the inside of the school looked like instead. And wanting to get in before Peter had the chance to realize she was here too.

She was not disappointed, the interior was very nice. Slowly, Gwen could feel her excitement creeping back up on her. It didn't take long for Gwen to notice the line of new students leading up to a table they had set up, with a sign hanging over head that read 'New/First Year Students.' Figuring that's where she got things like her schedule and her locker, Gwen went to stand in line as well.

• Love
Reactions: Gands and Laivindur
Raven sees a rather handsome dark-haired boy looking her way, and is about to wink to acknowledge she knew he was looking; but nothing more. If he were really interested, that would bring him to her. Raven doesn't go to people.

But then she saw he was becoming preoccupied with other students almost immediately. Raven aborts her plan and gives no sign she cares, just reminds herself there will be others to enrapture and writing him off with the thought I must have misread him. He could have been a fancy boy admiring my attire and not me. Oh well.

Raven keeps strutting forward, and her eye is caught again by another even more handsome boy. The bone structure of his face was particularly nice.

But yet again, Raven watches him direct his attention elsewhere before she can throw out a line to entrance him just as she had been. To that group congregating around the first boy. Now Raven has to stifle an aggravated sigh to keep her gait and eyes forward.

Betray no weakness but what is actually your strength she hears her father's advice in her head again and heeds it. It keeps her from giving a trio of boys she passes by even a side glance.

But she does glean some valuable info about what to do as a new student.

Once past the front doors, Raven quickly identifies the long line as the one for new students, and another girl come up from her side to get in it. Raven changes her demeanor to be more unsure, puts on her best sweet smile and her purposefully thick accent to come up behind the blonde girl to strike up a conversation while they wait "Hallo, my name is Raven. It's my first day and umm haha.." She twirls a lock of her curly brown hair 'nervously' "Not just for this school but America too. Forgive me if too forward, but I love your hair. Natural, ja?"

Nico's eyes narrow a little when she sees Margaret. The spy, or so Nico assumes. She takes a small step back when Margaret approaches the group of boys… well she obviously knows them pretty well. She even hugs one of them. Is it that kind of school? Gawd are there cliques already? Nico feels a small smirk draw across her dark painted lips, her hidden eyes glancing downwards.

But it's then that Margaret's tone shifts a little. She looks up through her shades, Margaret now looking towards her. More than that.. directing one of the boys towards her. She looks along those gathered in the little group… they all seem so friendly towards one another. Weird.

And as Matt approaches her, Nico's eyes draw towards Raven as she makes her way into the school. Pfft.. effin preppies. Another girl enters at about the same time Raven does, some nondescript blond. Fuck… all the girls are like gorgeous here. It is her high school!

Matt's words catches her attention… and then her confusion. Nico's eyes draw back towards Matt.. and she just stares at him. She looks down to his offered hand, and then back to him. She slooooowly reaches out and takes his hand, her grip a very light one. "Uh…" Okay… in what order should she ask her dumb questions?

1. Are you blind?
2. How the hell are you my rommate?
2.1. You're a boy! (more of an observation)
3. How are you going to navigate in the house?
4. Do I get to have a handicapped sticker on my car so I can use the nice parking spaces since I'm your roommate?
5. Are your other senses stronger to make up for your being blind?
6. Do you like sushi?

Yes those are the questions in her mind… but all she is able to get out is… "Uh.. Matthew? It's.. uh.. nice to.. uh…meet you. I knew I had a roomie, wasn't expecting this, though." Well that didn't sound to rude. Good one, Nico. "Oh, my name. Oh it's Nico." She says as she shakes his hand lightly again, and then lowers her hand, smiling awkwardly to him.

tony_by_itabia-d543blh.png

Mentioned: Classmates, Spider Girl
Interactions: Peter ( @mr_pibbs ), Reed ( @LocalAreaMan )

It didn't take long for Tony's phone to buzz, signaling Reed had answered his text message.

From Reed: 'Sure thing, but sometime today I need to talk to you, personal matter.'

Tony raised an eyebrow as he read this. What would Reed want to talk about? It sounded serious, especially since he wanted them to set aside time specifically for them to talk alone. With his curiosity peaked, Tony started to thumb in his response.

To Reed: Okay wh

All of the sudden, however, a car alarm was going off in the parking lot. He looked up, though he knew it wasn't his. His car made a different sound, and he also had it set up to get notified on his phone should anything happen to his precious car.

Still, he was interested in what was causing the commotion. He watched as a familiar figure ran off. Tony Stark was well aware of who Spider Man was, he actively followed his story in the news. He and the other spider superhero were quite interesting to him, though he did truthfully favor Man over Girl. Just because he had better quotes.

Tony liked to keep up on any 'superhero' he had heard about, but his current obsession was with the spider people who were both located near his own home. Maybe it was the closeness that he liked, or maybe how two different personalities emerged at about the same time with very similar traits. Or maybe it was just that he was curious about their genetics. Did the spider webbing truthfully come from within themselves, or from devices they had designed? And if so, what kind of material were they using to make this so called 'webbing?' Tony had always been a robots kind of nerd, never really concerned about the biological side to science. Still, Tony wanted to know if there was something in their genetics that gave them their abilities at birth, or if they had experimented on themselves to get such results.

And if it came from an experiment, why? Why spiders? Why test it on themselves? Why use their powers for super heroism rather than fame and glory? That's the reason Tony built his Iron Man suit, after all. For the fame and glory that came with the title of 'Superhero.' For the amusement of watching people debate about whether he even deserved such a title. Or, so he says, anyhow. Perhaps it was the same way for these spider people?

Soon Spider Man was out of sight, and it dawned onto Tony how weird it was that he had seen the spandex clad web slinger. What was he doing in Manhattan Universities' parking lot? And so early in the morning? I'll probably read about it later, Tony simply decided, looking back to his phone. In the distance, someone finally shut off their car alarm.

Oh right, Reed, Tony remembered as he glanced down at his phone. What a distraction Spider Man had been. Tony continued to type his message:

To Reed: Okay what do you wa

"Uh... Hi. Sorry to bother you, but do you know where the new students are supposed to go for orientation? All I know is that I'm supposed to be here, that's about it."

Again, Tony's attention was drawn away before he could complete his text message. He looked down to meet a younger looking male's gaze. Confirming that he was, in fact, trying to talk to him. Tony held back a smirk. What is this? Since when do I seem approachable to freshmen?

Tony considered whether he should be nice, or himself and make a witty remark. The kid seemed innocent enough and it didn't seem like he was purposely trying to annoy Tony with his inexperience. Than again, most people who do annoy him don't ever appear like they're trying to do so. Settling on a witty remark, Tony opened his mouth to reply. But, someone beat him to it.

What is with people and interrupting me today? Tony wondered, a little annoyed. He turned to greet Reed as he met up with him and... the kid. He realized he hadn't even gotten the freshman's name yet. "What he said," Tony agreed while pointing a finger to Reed, having forgot the witty remark he had prepared just moments before. He abandoned his unfinished text, simply slipping his phone in his pocket and sipping his coffee.

"Entrance is that way," Tony added, nodding his head towards the door. A subtle hint to the kid to get going. Tony was hopping to get whatever Reed wanted to talk about out of the way before class started, and the longer little newbies wasted his time the less likely that would be. "I'm sure you'll find it just fine."

Reactions: Laivindur and Gands
Ben acknowledged Simon with a curious glance over his right shoulder, and smiled happily at the presence of his new friend. Even though he had a lot on his mind, Benjamin fixed his attention right back on the amusing interactions going on in front of him. Benjamin was like a sponge for information. He wondered why a decorated and cool girl such as Nico, which seemed to be her name, could sound so insecure. Or she might just be uncomfortable around handicapped people, even hating on them. Pfft. Your loss, Ben thought amused, and kept an open and friendly posture even though his mind was judging and scheming.

Matt Murdock

"Nice name." He said, shifting the cane back to its original place.

"So, shall we head inside and get orientation out of the way?" Matt said, both to Nico and the small group of 'classmates.' While he didn't mind having small chat with people, he also didn't want any of them, including himself. To get in trouble with the academy. Not to mention, he wanted to figure out his classes and anything of the sort.

With that said, Matt began to make his way to the entrance. He took extreme care not to bump into anyone, using his radar sense to his advantage. Course he did have to play up the whole "blind" thing.

Which he did by tapping his cane from left to right as he walked along.

He disliked doing this, mainly because of the fact that the radar helps him navigate a lot easier, but people would ask questions. Especially if the supposed blind guy manages to perfectly navigate around without any issue...

Mentioned: No one named
Interactions: Raven ( @Ms.Ezra )

A sudden voice behind Gwen caused her to turn around. She came face to face with a very attractive girl with shorter brown hair, who introduced herself as Raven. Gwen smiled warmly back to the girl, recognizing her accent to be German. Gwen's eyes seemed to fixate on the strand of hair the girl was twirling, somewhat annoyed by the quirk. Nevertheless, she chose to be friendly. She was starting over at this school, after all. Might as well try to make some friends.

"Um, yeah, yeah it is," Gwen nodded, reaching up to touch her hair own absentmindedly. Though she didn't play with it, her hand falling back down almost immediately after. "Thank you. I'm Gwen, by the way," She added after a moment, pivoting so that she was facing the other girl a bit more. "How long have you been in America?"

Gwen had never been in a situation where she had to make a new name for herself. She had gone to school with the same kids since elementary school. Although she was a confident and outgoing teen, this was a bit like unfamiliar territory for Gwen. She wasn't sure what else to say to the stranger.

The line moved forward, and Gwen moved with it. She played with the strap of her bag, which hung lazily from one shoulder. For a brief moment Gwen's eyes wandered away from Raven. Her gaze shifting over the faces of the students past her, as if she was looking for someone. Instantly Gwen realized what she was doing, though, and purposefully looked back to Raven. Focus.

It wasn't hard to tell that Nico looked uncomfortable with Matt. Margaret though was having a hard time pinning it on the part of him being a guy, or him being blind. "Don't let the blindness fool you Nico, Matt here is a very capable guy." She reminded her witchy teammate. As Matt and the others started into the school Margaret followed loosely behind. Passing by Peter Parker talking to both Reed and Tony. Giving the three a quick look over, Margaret realized that while Tony was his usual… sleazy self. Something clearly was eating at Reed, Margaret wondered if it was the failed experiment in Latveria that happened over the summer. Maybe going back into school with his elastic powers? It wasn't a clear hint if Reed would be any easier or harder to bring into the fold. She'll just have to wait and see when she can get a chance to talk to him privately.

As Margaret passed the long table for new or first year students. Organized loosely for the students coming in from other grades. Margaret eyed Gwen talking to some foreign student. She realized she hadn't really had any time with either Gwen or Peter. Coulson was in charge of bringing them both into the fold, and thus neither her or her dad ever really talked to them. Still, both of their information made them out to be interesting, so at least Margaret could relax and hope they'd be cool when the time came to mingle.

After a brief wait in line, Margaret got her class schedule for the year, her ID with a lanyard to wear it around the neck during the day (they did allow for personalized lanyard, but after some students wore some… questionable lanyards last year. Its very possible those will get forced into required ones too.) Among the paperwork though was a note…

'Keep this information to yourself,

After school today, please report to the dean's office. We have a day planned for everyone on the team to meet one another and get an idea what's ahead with the project.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask my daughter Margaret Rogers. (Picture of her included for reference)

Manhattan Academy Dean,

Steven Rogers'

Margaret had known about the meet and greet that was suppose to be after school that day. Though she wasn't given all the details, so realizing everyone probably had a billion questions lined up for her. Oh goody, that should be fun. Suppressing the incoming headache she felt, Margaret also remembered the assembly coming up and headed for the gymnasium.

Reactions: Gands and Brea
Simon

No sooner than Simon walks up than Matt walks off. Story of my life thinks Simon. He stays a little longer, at least long enough to talkt quietly to Ben.

{ whispered } " I will send you a text before lunch if you'd like to meet."

He was quiet enough to hear Margaret talking with the asian girl (Nico), about the blind guy, her roomate, Matt. Were they part of the project? Well as he expected, not much social activity for him. On the positive side, plenty of brain space for study. He looked briefly at Margaret's eyes before she walked away and just sighed, following her. Even though he hadn't been in shool since 3rd grade, he felt confident about the curriculum.

He personally excelled in the math field and during the summer, Agent Phil Coulson had him tested not only physically, mentally, scientifically but at what level high school knowledge level was. A little below grade at first in language, He had a good working knowledge of old Welsh, Latin and Greek.He could ace the a.p. physics class now and his knowledge of pre 1964 history was really good.

He eventually got into the assembly, sitting down and retrieving & reviewing his class schedule. He read the deans note and was pretty pleased. Erasing previous social based doubts. He remembered something his mother told him once. Work first to earn peoples respect, them liking you will follow.

@LocalAreaMan @Laivindur

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben nodded to Simon's request, and would make sure to check his phone often during the day. Remaining the tail of the group with Simon and Margaret, Ben smiled pleased at the place and people around him. The best school around, he mused, and felt like he was where he belonged. While receiving his schedule and ID inside, among other things, Ben glanced at the two girls he'd been eyeing earlier, as well as Simon and Margaret. For some reason Matt made Ben smile.
Nico had proven to be one of the secret teenage agents, but what about the other girl? Ben thought it fun trying to decipher which one of the many new students were joining their project. He still had a lot of questions about it, and things to discuss with Margaret and the 'dean', but he would simply enjoy the start of his new life for now.
As he found his way over to sit with Simon, Ben looked at the ID around his neck. "Adam Jones's" lanyard was plain, as he had no preparation to design anything beforehand. Looking at his fake name Ben remember it as something he would want to speak with the 'dean' about as well. Besides his name Ben learned his schedule, and read the note from the dean. While putting everything away in his pockets and backpack, Ben said discreetly to Simon "Risky business. No contacts today, my friend?" Signaling for Matt, the blind guy, Ben added "See that guy over there? I thought he was part of some prank. I gotta get me some of those red tinted glasses as well. We could be the three red tinted musketeers!"

Last edited:
31270300_585987628454330_5806876014181089280_n.jpg

Mentioned: Tony Stark & Gwen Stacy @Brea, Reed Richards @LocalAreaMan, Classmates
Interactions: Reed, Tony.

Despite being a fan of his work, Peter had heard through the grapevine that Tony Stark wasn't the most 'approachable' guy. So, when he seemingly cast Peter a death-glare, it didn't throw the young man off. Peter dealt with criminals who got-off on the thought of putting a bullet between his eyes on a near daily basis; he could handle a bit of snark.

What took Peter by surprise, though, was the sudden appearance of another individual; none other than Reed Richards, the son of another of his idols! He was a meta-human too? Since when? What was his power? Was it his brain? Peter suspected it was his brain.

But not wanting to waste their time further, Peter nodded at Reed and smiled calmly. "Thanks! And, by the way; I'm a big fan, of your father. His dissertation on quantum mechanics is still one of my all-time favorite reads. It's guys like him, Doctor Pym, and Doctor Banner who inspired me to become a scientist as well." Peter explained, trying to keep his words short since he imagined Reed likely heard a similar sch-peel all the time. "And Howard Stark, of course." he added, turning around to Tony for a moment.

Then, Tony spoke up and offered him a coy smile that was as welcoming as a swimming pool filled with liquid nitrogen. Peter took it as his cue to leave, not wanting to irritate his older-peers (and possibly teammates). Before he left, he cleared his throat and quickly uttered "I'm Peter, by the way. Peter Parker. Just thought I'd let you know, even if you didn't want to."

OH GOD WHY DID YOU SAY THAT? MOVE PARKER, MOVE! he mentally screamed at himself.

Clearing his throat one last time, Peter adjusted the straps of his backpack and started off towards the administration office to collect his things. But on the way, he got this strange tingling feeling in the back of his skull. It was his Spider-Sense, that was certain; but it wasn't going nuts like it did whenever he was in danger. This feeling was more... Hazy. It sort of clouded his mind, made him feel like he would be unable to think straight if it continued. He had felt this a few times back at Midtown High, but he was never quite sure why. Perhaps there was a student here with some kind of neutralizing power? That would be awesome. Peter thought as a smile crossed his lips. He had always loved comics growing up, so the fact that he was practically living in one made things all the more exciting.

But as he stepped into the lineup for his lanyard, locker number, class schedule, and the works, Peter took notice of a fairly attractive blonde-haired woman about two or three people in front of him and let out an audible groan. Oh God, Peter thought as his expression narrowed and he reached a hand up to his face so he could adjust his glasses. He needed to make sure this was really happening.

Yep. Peter thought as he put back on his glasses and glanced back at the face of the blonde, who seemed to be preoccupied with a similarly attractive brunette, Gwen 'Captain's Little Princess' Stacy. Wonder what her power is; being an Ice Queen? Mind-Controlling people into liking her? Turning into the 'Incredible Bitch'?

When Gwen looked away from the brunette, seemingly staring straight at Peter, he ducked behind the student in front of him and focused his eyes elsewhere. If he could avoid a run-in with that girl today, his life would be all the better for it.

• Love
Reactions: Brea and Gands
Nico's dark painted lips turn up faintly into a smile with Matt's little compliment, her head tilting slightly to one side. Her eyes draw to his hands as he shifts his cane back into place. She nods to his words as she watches him walk passed her, and then Margaret. Nico's attention moves from Matt's cane to Margaret as she speaks, and she gets a suddenly blustered look upon her features. "Uh wait what?" She moves to follow Margaret, speaking in a soft tone. Not realizing Matt can probably hear her as if she were shouting. Maybe. "I don't have a problem with blind people, Margaret. I mean I was just surprised is all. And especially to find out I have a boy roomie, again a surprise. Something you coulda told me about, right?" She says as she walks passed Margaret, her eyes staying on her. "I'm not miffed, just didn't see that co--" she stops herself, realizing saying 'I didn't see that coming' might be insensitive in this situation. "I'm just super surprised."

Nico really doesn't want Margaret… or anyone else.. to think she has something against blind people. She just might be out of her element in this whole thing, and being thrown a couple curve balls is not helping her relax. She could use a spell on herself, though. She actually gives thought to that for a moment. A 'Calm Yourself Bitch' spell, let's say. But that thought passes quickly.

Nico, now, is more focused on Matt and not the others. Well not as much. She does make mental note of those following in the little procession. Ben and Simon kind of observing the little interaction here. The 'I'm so pretty look at me' chick… who starts to talk to another 'I'm so pretty look at me' chick… one of them apparently being a foreigner. Not… the band. Someone who's origin is another land. And as for Tony and Reed… she only sees enough to know Tony seemed to be in his own little world. And he was kind of a prep. Meh.

Nico needs to stop judging people so quickly.

"Uh.. hey." Nico says as she catches up to Matt as he plays being more blind than he is. "If I seemed surprised to find out I as rooming with a blind fella.. that's only because I was surprised to find out I was rooming with a blind fella. More the fella part and less the blind part." She walks at Matt's side and slightly behind him, not wanting to interfere with his cane or navigation. "When this school stuff is done for the day, we'll figure out the logistics of the apartment. I got my area all ready'n such. Gettings things cool for you will be a snap." Like literally. Cast one spell and she could make the apartment more customized to aid a blind person. Oh how cool would it be to make all the furniture talk or something to help! And scare people that come into the apartment. Like that stupid Playhouse show, but less comedy and more screams.

"And I'm not gonna be condescending and assume you need help with everything, okay? But if you do need help, I mean if you need anything read to ya or anything like that… well I'm right here, okay? Just ask."

So, this seems quite the sudden turnaround, huh? For the first, she didn't seem to want to be here. Or around these freaks. Or in this state. She barely wants to be in this country. She hasn't said more than a few sentences to anyone aside from Matt. She has barely spoken to the only other person she was aware of before today, Margaret. But now… well she seems to have suddenly found her voice for some reason. So why this sudden turnaround? Trying to suck up so she doesn't stick out so much? Giving them all a false sense of security before she turns the whole student body into frogs? That last one is totally a possibility, but that's not it.

Nico was considered the leader of their little group, once upon a time. Being the leader, that was something she took seriously. She truly cared for those around her. For a long time she hated herself (she still does to some degree), she didn't see any purpose to her being. But being able to help those around you… even a single person… that's what makes Nico feel alive. She doesn't want to pity anyone, or feel sorry for Matt and his apparent total lack of sight. But if she can help him out, even if it's just reading a few words for him, then that makes her feel like she has done the right thing here. More than once she was called the 'den mother' of the group. Making sure everyone was eating, working out or training, going over tactics with one another when necessary (which it wasn't, they weren't really that kind of group). And as often as she could… make sure they were all happy, and all safe.

So with most of the rest of the group she gets to the table, and she plucks up her lanyard. She wrinkles her nose a little as she inspects it. Gawd it's ugly. She'll have to magic bling it later when no one is around. She reaches back and absently stuffs it into her backpack, and she looks over the rest of the little packet. Ugh class schedule. Shit's gettin real now. She reads the little note from Mr. Rogers… that thought makes her giggle on the inside. Does he have sweaters filling his closet? Does he change shoes when he comes into the room? Is there a hole in his office wall you can look through to find a land of puppets and toy trains? But she gets her brain back on track. A few things stand out… the word 'project'… she's not sure she likes the sound of that. And the 'daughter' Margaret Rogers. She rolls her eyes a little… she didn't realize Margaret was the frickin dean's kid. As much as she appreciates Margaret (doesn't know her well enough to do more than that), the girl just went down one peg because of her relationship to the lead of the school.

She keeps herself close to Matt (even if it's subconsciously), in case he seems to need aid or something.

Reactions: Gands
Matt Murdock

"Don't worry, I can handle myself, roomie." Matt said with a small smile on his lips, keeping to one of the rules his parents had instilled in him whenever they weren't both performing. Always be polite. As being polite can get you a lot farther than being rude to everyone. "Although if there is something on TV, I might need some help there." He joked. That was one of things that he missed about being able to see. As he could do nothing but listen and imagine what is happening on screen. Which in his personal opinion was a lot more funnier than actually experiencing the show or film.

Once inside, it didn't take long for Matt to receive his school things. As someone had walked up to him asking if he were Mr. Murdock. He said he was and he was given his school I.D, schedule, his locker number and combination and the note. Thankfully they were either in braille or the ink was raised just enough for him to "read" and get a good idea of what was on them.

His classes were simple enough. The basics for someone who was a bit missing in knowledge of the subjects. The one class however that caught Matt's attention was it seemed he was apart of something called the "Debate team."

Whatever it was, he only hoped it didn't require too much assistance to do it.

He finally got to the note, which for him was written in braille. Seemed later on, he was to meet the rest of the people that had special abilities. And as much as he would say otherwise. He was completely excited for it, as it meant that he could drop the paranoia mindset of 'who is part of the group and who isn't?' in the academy. As that'd get tiring very quickly.

Stepping off to the side, he patiently waited for things to wrap up and the day would move on and the 'meet n greet' will come sooner..

Reactions: Laivindur and Gands
"Nice to meet you Gwen." Raven smiles wider "Almost a whole day! Lucky for me, I had English tutor. Would be much harder for me and others." Raven hears a groan further back in the line and whips her head around. She spots one of the boys she'd seen grouping up earlier, a kinda cute one at that in a nerdy kind of way, and makes a mental note to check him out earlier. Nerds were prime marks after all. For now she pretends to not be focused on this boy in particular and looks around him before bringing her eyes back to Gwen.

"I feel not everyone is happy to be here." Raven makes an observation,shrugs "Well I am!" She asserts, grinning while putter her hands behind her back.

Raven moves with the line same as Gwen and in what feels like no time at all she gets her new student packet, and lanyard. As per her father's request, her ID only has Raven and the initial D for her last name. She's been known as 'Raven D' at all her previous schools. It's actually kind of cool to hear it out loud.

Her schedule is about what she'd expected. Algebra, which was a breeze for her because mathematics is a universal language. Earth Sciences, not so much compared to her knowledge of Biology. And others she doesn't concern herself with, as she may or may not be here long enough to love or hate even new subjects like American History.

Raven doesn't have a concrete idea for what trouble she can get up to here yet. Nothing bigger than playing the part of the naive, somewhat ignorant foreigner to mess around with her American peers. For now at least.

Speaking of which.

"I know it is early, but would you help me with this?" Raven asks holding up her schedule and tapping on American History. "This is not taught back home."

When the students, new and otherwise, were being basically herded into the gymnasium for a speech by the Dean, Raven keeps close to Gwen and takes a seat next to her on the bleachers with her folder on her lap.

Mentioned:
Interactions: Raven ( @Ms.Ezra )

The girl who stood before Gwen revealed that she'd only just arrived in the United States. She couldn't help but think how odd that was, that Raven hadn't taken any time at all to get used to her new surroundings before attending high school. Though, she didn't press it. Truthfully, it wasn't any of her concern anyways. Raven seemed excited to be here. Good for her.

Together, the two girls moved through the line. At the table, Gwen received her ID on a standard lanyard, her schedule, locker number and combination, and... a letter. She scanned it over quickly, realizing that it was for her extra curricular activity. She quickly but it in the back of the stack, not wanting to risk anyone looking over her shoulder to read the letter.

Gwen looked back to Raven just as she held up her schedule, asking for her help in American History. "Uh, yeah, sure," Gwen agreed. How was she supposed to say no? As an American she was taught her history from a young age, and if she moved to some foreign country she would want some help with their personal history class too. "We can start a study group together or something," She added as the two started walking towards the gymnasium. She'd always believed in the power of study groups.

Gwen took a seat on at the bottom of the bleachers, turning to make sure her new 'friend' was still with her. Once the two girls were seated Gwen made an effort to continue their small talk. "So, what brings you to the states?" She asked curiously. Though she was paying attention to Raven, her eyes wandered around the gym.

It was very nice, much bigger than the one from her old school. She wondered if she would like the gym classes here better... probably not. P.E was P.E, no matter where you went. Finally Gwen's blue eyes returned to Raven. She wondered if they would even have any classes together. She hadn't even bothered to look at her class schedule yet.

Reactions: Laivindur
The rambling that emulated from Peter clearly rubbed Tony the wrong way something fierce. However it was clear that bringing up his father clearly perked up Reed. Forgetting his own problems for even a moment, Reed smiled to Peter and waved as the young man randomly left. Even though he didn't notice Tony's sour tone Reed glanced over and nodded his head. "I like that guy, we should hang out some more with him today!" He suggested gleefully, which nicely counteracted the sheer look of annoyance on Tony's face.

Soon though Tony and Reed both headed in to get their information for the school year. Just small chat going through with Reed still quietly deciding if he should really be talking to Tony about his predicament. Though it was probably too late by this point. He already brought it up, and it wasn't like Tony was going to forget about it at any point today.

---

Margaret had grouped in the bleachers with a small group of fellow swim and softball teammates that were all talking about their respective summers. Various vacations, all sorts of goofy stuff, and Margaret just had to smile because she couldn't talk about like 2/3rds of her summer due to confidentiality reasons. Finally though the school assembly began, and it began with a speech from the new dean Steve Rogers.

Although the little specks of gray were showing in his hair, the man still looked like a million bucks. Giving a speech he had rehearsed for the last week with Coulson's help. He started by bringing up a history of his service in the army, leaving out the keen details about the super soldier serum or that said war was World War II. Steve talked about the previous administration a little before ensuring that he wanted the administration to be more open about the school's policies to its students and their parents. It was a lot of stuff most people would scoff at as fluff or empty promises. Coming from Mr. Rogers though it felt very clear it was genuine concerns and plans. He may be doing this because of his outside job he sure as hell wouldn't bring up, but Steve was certainly going to give it 100 percent.

At one point Steve brought up that he had personal investment in the academy, even having not attended it. As he does have his daughter attending who has so far done quite well for herself. At that moment, if one had a keen enough eye, they could see Margaret quietly slink in her seat. Trying to hide away as even not being directly called out, is now trying to hide desperately her embarrassment.

Finally there was some small stuff about the year before, Margaret was on stage twice with her swim team and softball team to show off their state championships. As well as the accomplishments of the other clubs like the debate team. After that though the assembly was over, and it was time for the first period of classes...