Marvel's Academy Alliance

L

LocalAreaMan

Original poster

Ben let out a sigh of relief after making his order. Sitting at a diner, with a cup of chai tea, and waiting for scrambled eggs with a salad on the side, and toast, he could sit down and think. He'd traveled across the entire town to get away. He was now a fugitive, but it wasn't the cops or the woman who'd charged him he was afraid of however. He was afraid of his parents, and other celestial beings who could claim parentage of him.

His name had been picked up by the cops, and he had nowhere to go. His parents knew where he'd stayed the last year, and he could no longer walk freely on the streets. Dropping his raven clad head into his hands, Ben wanted to weep. His heart ached for Mrs Noeld, who would be lonely without him. he just wanted a place to belong. Ben cursed his memories of his old self. Why did the memories come with the package?! Screw you, Ben cursed King Loki inwardly.

His shirt was black, and with a screaming metal band on it. His scarf was green and rugged. His jeans were worn and studded, covering black army boots on his lean legs. His hands were covered in black fingerless gloves, which was fashionably studded with silver on the wrists. He looked very tired, and lost. His possessions were placed in a brown backpack next to him on the red couch, and he had enough money for the meal.

He opened his eyes, and looked at the steaming hot tea in front of him. He blinked slowly, and knew that he would have to face his parents sometime. He just didn't want to do it right now.

He'd explained to the police that the woman had let him in after helping her last winter. They had become friends, and in return for helping her, she had provided him with a place to stay, and food. He understood the woman who'd charged him for burglary and trespassing, but he claimed himself not guilty.

Benjamin had told the cops, when they asked why he'd run away, that he wanted to make it in town as a rockstar, and that his parents didn't support him. He lied, and made himself look bad so his parents wouldn't be suspected of abuse or neglect.

Benjamin sighed again, and felt horrible.

Margaret Rogers sat quietly at the booth, her eyes carefully surveying around her only to go back straight up. To the large blond haired man who sipped his cup of coffee. Straight up black, no sugar or cream. Absent-mindedly twirling a metal fork between her fingers she glanced outside, seeing a balding man standing at a tree, newspaper in hand only to stop. Glancing around the man turned and looked directly at Margaret. Giving her what would look like an acknowledging nod to the outside world. Instead the nod meant something else entirely for Margaret.

Parameter secure, move in on suspect.

She glanced over again towards the particular booth. Benjamin Baker, the fact on him weren't much. The kid knew how to hide away from the world. It was the timed he popped up that were the concern. Counts of robbery, prostitution, and now escaping jail. However it was the escape that gave SHIELD the reasoning to quietly pursue the kid. Quietly set up agents to keep tabs on where he was, where he was going. Find some kind of routine, some kind of place they can corner him.

While Margaret herself isn't any official SHIELD agent, they wanted her in this capacity to help out for a few reasons. Reasons she wasn't exactly thrilled about but she knew she both couldn't refuse, and shouldn't refuse. Still, Ben looked like a mess, and it wasn't the metal head punk motif he had going for him. Placing down the fork onto the table she began to get out of her seat. Before Margaret could give much of a reaction however, she felt a warm hand gently cover her hand that sat on the metallic counter. She glanced up, the blond man sitting across from her didn't look at her but had a warm smile on his face. She gave him a small smile back, then got up.

She looked normal enough, hoodie, shirt, jeans, and sneakers. She wasn't wired and only had a collapsible billy club hidden away in her back pocket just in case. Strolling up to the booth where Ben sat she put on a warm grin. "Hey…" She started, "Would it be cool if I sat here? All the other seats are taken and it's just… you know old people and stuff." She sounded unassuming, though she knew around 75 percent of the diner was filled with SHIELD agents. Ready to pounce if the kid tried anything stupid.

Ben looked up attentively, and even though she awoke suspicion within him, he couldn't understand why, so he gestured for the couch across from the table, and said "Sure." He kept his hands relaxed by his cup of tea, and simply looked at her, waiting for her reason. Was she pitying him? At least he pitied her. That was an awful pick up line.

Margaret accepted the invitation, taking a seat across from her. He had a hard to read face at the moment. Although she hardly had much to go on, and it wasn't like what she said was funny or earth shattering. "Thanks, not a lot of people in here around our age you know?" She mentioned with a glance around. "Anyways whatever right? I'm Margaret, what's your name?" She asked, trying to give him a warm smile, anything to keep his suspicions low.

There was a short pause in Ben's eyes, that seemed to be him making up his mind about something. He shifted and glanced away from her for the first time when looking at his tea cup saying "Yeah, sure. Though if you actually sit down and talk to them, they can give you some good advice." He looked up, and winked to her before widening his face in a charming smile. "I'm not gonna lecture you or anything though, I'm Ben. Nice to meet you, Margaret. That's a nice name. Do you live around here?" he asked and lifted his cup to drink, finally shutting up to drink.

Margaret glanced around herself, "Yeah I mean I'm sure some of them are interesting but I don't know…" She chuckled, "They'd probably just end up reminding me of my dad or something." She mentioned, inadvertently looking over to where her dad was in fact sitting for a second. The hesitation he had in his tone didn't go unnoticed. Margaret just made a quick mental note of it, then pressed on. "I mean really though you just struck me as someone interesting to sit with really." That wasn't really the truth, but it was in some ways really. Especially considering actually sitting with the guy who she read all the files on. He did have something to him. He felt unassuming sure, but he also had a strange aura about him. It was so hard for Margaret to put a finger on and rationalize though.

Ben lifted his dark brows, and repeated suspiciously "...'Interesting'..." He lowered his cup and smiled without judgement even though he was waiting for her to spill the beans. He leaned on his elbow and smirked "Are you not going to order anything? I can share my meal with you, but there must have been a reason why you came here?" She could be a flirt. Or a runaway, just like him.

Margaret reached over, grabbing one of the menus and lazily looking at it as she laid it on the counter in front of her. "Oh no I have money, I just haven't really decided what to order yet. I'm on a diet so I have to be careful about what I eat you know?" Margaret sighed a little as she glanced back up at Ben. "Besides, I just wanted to come in for a quick lunch. I live nearby and heard good things about the place. Having someone my age to share the time with is a nice little bonus you know?"

Margaret carefully slid the menu off to the side though, returning her full attention to Ben. "What about you though? I won't lie, you look like you had something on your mind." Margaret tried to keep the conversation upbeat. No doubt some part of the jail break was the cause of his grief, and she knew if she made it clear she knew any part of that things could potentially turn ugly. Thankfully there wasn't many casualties around, but still too many to allow Ben to go flying off the handle.

The right corner of Ben's lips lifted approvingly at her outgoing nature. Still leaning on his hand Ben answered her wryly and relaxed "My thoughts and worries won't quench your hunger, Margaret. Hurry with your order so we can eat together." He leaned back, and lifted his tea to enjoy it.

It was clear Ben was playing coy, obviously he wouldn't say the truth so soon. Plus she didn't want to beat around the bush any further, even though she knew patience was the name of the game. "Well I don't know Ben, you strike me as an interesting individual." Margaret thought aloud before leaning in towards Ben. "Like how someone could escape from prison without a single trace or clue as to how…."

Ben paused with the tea cup in both hands, and measured the girl quickly with a confused frown. "...Who are you?" he demanded, and stared at her.

"Well my name is still Margaret… for starters." She started, keeping full eye contact with Ben. Her smile had faded into one that showed she wasn't at all intimidated by him. "But that's not important right now. So why don't we just cut to the important part. From here on in, we can go one of two ways…" Carefully Margaret slowly gestured towards one of the people sitting at the counter. A faint glow of something metallic strapped to their belt glinted in the outside sunlight. "Either you can test your luck, try and make a getaway, and have it end badly for you." The man at the booth turned to look over at them. Giving the two a nod before turning back forward. She returned her steely gaze towards him. "Or you can say seated, give me a moment of your time, and explain some things."

Reaching into her hoodie pocket she pulled out a few pieces of paper. There were big blocks of black covering notable things, the header of whatever it was that produce the information among them. Though front and center were various photographs of Benjamin. Either out on the street or going into a building with someone. Ben's memory could fill in the blanks on a lot of them. As some of the pictures also had Mrs. Noeld, some were of the many people he pretended to sell his body too. "You ran away from home, and every time you reared your head either someone is robbed, something happens that can't be explained by conventional means, or both." Margaret let Ben look at the paperwork himself.

"Now I'm not going to try and peg you as anything. Not yet at least, I just want to know the truth. Not the truth you gave to the police… the real truth."

Badly for me? Yeah right, Ben thought darkly with the fact that he had the powers of a God. He was quite confident with his abilities, though he would only use them in emergencies. It was hard to miss Ben didn't like this one bit though, but he didn't want any trouble, so he remained calm when looking at the papers the girl produced on the table. He put his tea cup down slowly, and seeing how they knew everything Ben gave up on the papers, and pretending. He looked down, not able to look the merciless girl in the eyes. "You know there's something off about me," he started, and looked up at her, clearly displeased with his situation "So why don't you be honest with me, seeing how you like honesty so much. What do you think I am?"

Margaret was a little caught off guard by the question Ben threw back at her. She was expecting either he'd stupidly try to make a run for it, or spill the beans, possibly in a crying fit. This though made her tense up, was he planning something? Carefully from out of viewpoint, she started to pull the collapsible billy club out of her back pocket. Leaving it beside her on the seat for now. "I think you're someone that's hiding something," she stated honestly. "But not something conventional. It's something you still don't fully understand yourself, something that your parents couldn't understand." Margaret carefully started to reach out, letting her hand get close to Ben's. Not to touch it, but simply to give him something to loosen his guard up. Remind him she wasn't there to hurt him if he didn't give her a reason too.

Ben listened carefully, and seemed interested until she reached for him. He pulled his hands away, and down on his lap. His eyes flickered from her hand to her face, and back, skeptical to what she was doing.

Margaret retracted her own hand from Ben's reaction. Mentally chastising herself for not making him as relaxed as he should be. He was too tense, she's not given him his way out yet. She paused, taking a breath from her nose as she glanced down. "That said, I don't believe you're a bad guy necessarily." She admitted, "You don't have any violent crimes to your name, and the woman you lived with spoke about you like a literal angel. We… I can't ignore that." Margaret took a second to decide if it was the right time. He hadn't shown her what she wanted, that clear sign that showed all those crimes were out of malice. Still, from the moment she laid eyes on him it was clear that everything that led up to this point was eating at him. He was someone who wasn't finding joy in escaping from prison. He clearly wasn't happy being like this.

Finally she reached into her jean pockets one more time. Pulling out a pair of peculiar items, one was a pair of keys on a little keychain. A round metal tab with a piece of paper that had "14B" written on it in pen on the keychain with them. The other was a pamphlet for 'Manhattan Academy'. It showed the building downtown where the academy was. With shots of a class, a multiracial group of students having fun, and a guy dunking a basketball in the middle of a basketball game. "To be honest, I don't know if I can fully trust you yet Ben. But I can give you a way out if you're willing to work with me." Margaret let Ben look at both things. "The keys are for an apartment nearby. You, Mr. Adam Jones, will be staying there as you transfer over to Manhattan Academy this year. You attended Washburn High School in Tempe, Arizona the last two years but your grandparents put in the money to give you a better education." Margaret paused, "Now, I can give you all this, but you have to be willing to give me something in return."

Ben's squinting blue orbs were wide open in surprise when she finished. "And that is?" Ben asked, still overwhelmed and confused.

Margaret shrugged, "Good grades, good attendance, things like that for starters." She noted, "Most of all though, there's… a little project in the works that's going to be centered there. One I'm leading." Margaret actually sounded like she had to strain those words out of her mouth. She hasn't known about it for very long, a month or so. It was still surreal though, and one that was making her uneasy about the school year to come. "Now, I still don't know what exactly it is you're capable of. If you want in on this I'm going to make sure I know first hand. Because, Ben, this is something that is going to hopefully do a lot of good, and save a lot of people as well."

Ben seemed rather interested in doing good, but he was still processing everything. He chuckled "You find a guy who's just broken out-...And you show me this opportunity after showing me these-..." He gestured for the papers on the table, and continued in disbelief "And you give me access to a school...Which is going on a little adventure-..." Ben lifted his glove clad hands and gesticulated in a show biz way, suppressing a chuckle, and continued "Oh, sorry, a secret adventure. So, what are we? Superheroes?" He dropped the act and his hands, and said somewhat agitated "You found me out. Smart. I got no privacy, great! So, how much more do you know about me? And what if I say no?"

Margaret suppressed a small chuckle herself, when he puts it like this, it does sound crazy. Still, she nodded along with Ben's following of what had happened up to that point. Margaret knew how SHIELD operated fairly well, after all it was her home away from home on weekends when dad and her were going "camping". So it did surprise her how little SHIELD had on Benjamin. Usually, they could pinpoint every detail of someone down to disturbing lengths.

"Well first off I don't know that much about you besides what's on the paperwork here. "Margaret noted holding up one of the pieces of paper. "I know you're capable of something special though, which is why I'm looking for people like you. You can call it being a superhero if you like. It isn't that far off." Margaret gathered the paperwork and shuffled it together. "Now I will say, if you say no, I'm not going to bring you in and throw you back into jail myself. You'll be given a head start for being cooperative up until now, but you'll still be on the run. Exactly where you were when you came in here." Margaret patted the pamphlet and keys. "But if you're willing to work with me, I'll give you a reward you want more than anything else... a way out."

Ben leaned back, smiling in disbelief. "You won't just put me back in. You'll delete my memory, right? A big, secret organization of some kind, who uses children to do their dirty work, won't just let me go like that." He huffed a smile and added "I won't say no. This is too interesting, and none of us wants anyone's memory wiped, right?" Ben winked and waited until the waiter had dropped off his food and water before expecting any answers from the girl.

Margaret smirked, shaking her head. "Come on, what do you think this is? The Men in Black? Chill." Margaret let her guard down as she quietly made a gesture with her hand out of Ben's view.

Ben started munching his food, and said with his mouth full "If it is, I hope there's no aliens around." The boy had so many questions, but for now he was happy with an apartment, and people willing to back him up. He would see soon enough if it was a trick though. Benjamin was patient, and confident his powers would get him out of trouble, if Margaret brought some that was.

Quietly some of the patrons of the diner slowly made their way out without anything out of the ordinary. Including the blond haired man who Margaret was with earlier, watching a waitress approaching Ben and Margaret with a smile as he left.

"That's my girl." Steve Rogers muttered to himself.

~Yesterday~

Getting a parking spot outside of central park, Margaret hopped out of her somewhat cheap looking Ford Focus. Pulling out another manila envelope which talked about another magic user. She didn't know who all were involved, but she was starting to worry she was going to be the sole actually athletic person in a team of spell casters.

Strolling in Margaret stuffed the paperwork back into the sleeve. The afternoon sky slowly darkening overhead as she strolled past a few people. No one really seemingly out of the ordinary, and especially not who she was looking for. Though this time the meeting was hopefully going to be a lot smoother. SHIELD were able to contact the target ahead of time, and left Margaret to set a time and place for the two to meet. It took pressure off of herself, as having to corner Ben in that diner had left a bad taste in her mouth.

By the time she got to the meeting spot though…

"Guys… you really don't wanna screw with me. So just bugger off, yeah?" Her tone is a stern one as she stands there under a tree. Around her, 4 boys. Well.. guys her age. All of them grinning widely. "We just want a kiss, chica. Or a date. Or whatever." A few of them step closer to her, her eyes darting from one to the other. She suddenly reaches into her back pocket and pulls out a switchblade knife. The guys stop, and glance at one another. "Really, baby? You're gonna use a knife on us?"

Nico isn't happy.

She was asked to meet.. someone… here. Some kind of government group contacted her… somehow. She's still not sure how they found her, she thought she was laying low. But when she was contacted, she had assumed it was connected to The Pride. Good or bad, whatever comes of it, she felt the need to deal with this. And now… well she's starting to think it was a trap. Someone wanting some kind of revenge for The Pride? Someone wanting revenge ON The Pride? Or at least their kids? She can't say… but now she's leaning towards a trap. But.. these guys just seem to be braindead jocks wanting to look cool in front of one another. She's dealt with serious baddies before…and these guys aren't it.

"nah, the knife isn't for you guys." she whips the blade out from its handle, and she suddenly draws it against her opposite palm. She grits her teeth as she cuts herself, some of the guys taking a step back. They think they've come across a mental case. But… her voice suddenly has a hollow sound to it, an unearthly sound. "When blood is shed… let the Staff Of One emerge." Her hand flicks out, and from her chest a staff suddenly appears. It shoots right out from her skin, as if phasing out of her. She grasps the staff, and the guys now gasp as they back-peddle. "I warned you." She glances around, and then looks towards the boy that had been speaking to her, rather rudely at that. "Bum Chicken." Her voice once more takes on that hollow sound, her eyes flashing a bright red/purple color, along with the whole of the staff. The target of her spell… he disappears in a flash of light and smoke… and when it clears there is nothing but a pigeon there. It coos frantically as it waddles around in a circle, flapping its wings in a panic. Now Nico casually draws her staff up, resting it upon her shoulder as she speaks in a calmed tone, her voice normal. "He'll turn back into a guy in like an hour. So, you boys still want a kiss? I got lots more spells in this thing." She taps her staff upon her shoulder as she grins, looking slowly along them all. And as one… they turn and run. And the pigeon… he waddles off, making frantic noises.

Nico sighs as she looks to the Staff "Stupid guys…"

Margaret had watched on from the distance, thankfully besides the stupid punks no one was ever going to believe. There wasn't anyone around to watch the little magic show that just took place. As she glanced around one more time Margaret made her move. Trying to approach Nico casually, but also making sure she doesn't get too loose with her, least she gets turned into a duck or something.

"I'm impressed, I would've turned the guy into a chicken personally." Margaret joked as she came somewhat close to Nico. Glancing over with folded arms at the still bewildered pigeon trying to figure out how to fly away. "Anyways Nico, I'm Margaret, Margaret Rogers." She stated, holding out a hand to Nico.

As Margaret approaches, Nico's eyes flash a soft purple hue and she hefts her staff to point it in her general direction. She doesn't utter any spells, of course. It's more of a reflex. But her eyes do narrow as they return to their normal color. Slowly she lowers the staff, and it fades from sight slowly. She glances towards the new pigeon when Margaret speaks, and she replies softly. "Ah.. pigeon was the first thing I saw. Next time I'll wait to take requests."

And as Margaret offers her hand, Nico stares at it. She then folds her arms over her chest as her eyes draw back towards Margaret's eyes, not taking the handshake. "Demonstration of spells, check. Breaking the ice quip, check. Polite greeting and offer of handshake, check. Now that we have all that shit out of the way, how about we get down to the nitty gritty." She then blinks and lowers her hands, looking to the one she had cut. She grumbles as she pulls a band-aid from her pocket, and starts to apply it. "That would have sounded cooler if I hadn't forgotten about cutting." She applies the bandage carefully, her eyes only lifting towards Margaret. "But I was telling the truth with those boys. My Staff has plenty more spells. So how about telling me why I'm here, before I give you a beak too."

Taking a small step back Margaret held up her hands defensively. "As fun as being a bird for a little while does actually kind of sound. I do have better things to do with my time." The thought probably stemmed from having Ben show her his particular brand of magic earlier in the day. As much as she'd like to just be a normal teenager, Margaret is starting to get a twinge jealous of these people and their spells.

"I don't know what exactly it is you were expecting with me. I'm sure there's some paranoia I'm involved with The Pride even." Margaret started, all of that stuff was in Nico's information SHIELD had on her. It was horrifying stuff, and Margaret this time was glad the meeting would be more personal. She didn't have to guess Nico's pain, she knew it, she felt it deep.

"Really though I am solely interested in you. Basically I'm getting ready to start leading a young operative group soon. Now, the information on you had said a lot. Frankly, stuff I'm amazed you're still standing after having gone through it." Margaret told Nico with all honesty.

"Simply put, I think you'd be a great fit for this operation. If you're willing of course."

Nico calmly listens to Margaret's words, at the lighthearted tone the woman tries to keep up. She is trying to be civilized with Nico, this is something she realizes. Is it because she has seen a demonstration of Nico's spells? Is that where this air of respect is from? No.. its more than that. She isn't scared of Nico. She can see it in her eyes.

But when Margaret speaks of The Pride, Nico now starts to feel like she'll have to defend herself. Discretely she glances around herself, and she tucks her hands into her pockets. She tries to look casual about it, but in reality she's putting her knife in closer proximity to her reach. But Margaret then continues… saying she's interested in just Nico… she's not affiliated with The Pride? Or their enemies. But what she says does bother Nico a little… just how much do these people know about her? And how did they get that information? Did the Kingpin (yes that Kingpin) sell them out? No.. no that's not what this sounds like. "Wait…" Nico utters as she now turns to more face Margaret. "You're… recruiting me? Is that what this is?" Nico suddenly starts to chuckle, and she turns from Margaret. She takes a few pacing steps away, and then back. She motions towards her as she speaks.

"Margaret, right?" she lowers her hand as she continues. "Like… a ton of questions and doubts just popped into my noggin. But firstly… why me? If you know things about me… which I'd love to hear how you know things about me… then you know I'm a nothing. Just another kid on the street." Her tone seems to get more impassioned as she speaks. "I'm not into being in the Army or serving the man. Or whatever this is. There are… a ton.. of people more eligible than me for your..thing… whatever it is. The only thing I'm good at is organizing books." She sounds kind of down on herself, doesn't she?

Margaret was surprised, borderline shocked, that Nico had such low feelings of herself. Though on some levels Margaret felt like she could understand. The reports made it clear as day Nico's life for the last two years has been a living hell. Knowing what your parents did, and even after watching them sacrifice themselves for you never being able to stop running. Still, she had a clearly amazing ability. She was alive and sure, maybe she wasn't in the best situation she could be in, but sometimes all you need to make it is just be there right?

"Well, I have a pretty good amount on you." Margaret handed her the manila envelope that contained her information. The parts with SHIELD being blackened out. Along with the paperwork on her though were the same looking keys Ben got, only with 13B written on them, and the academy pamphlet.

"Now no matter how much you think of yourself. I personally still see a lot of potential in you. I think you can do a lot more good than you're willing to consider." Margaret gently slid some of her fingers through her hair to tuck some of it behind her ear. Looking down at the paperwork in Nico's hands she pointed to the keys. "These are for an apartment just west of here, the pamphlet is Manhattan Academy. We're going to be conducting operations out of there after school hours." Margaret folded her arms glancing back up at Nico. "If you're willing to give me what you can of yourself. The apartment is yours free of charge, and you'll be enrolled by tomorrow morning to the academy."

In the back of her mind, Nico hears warning alarms. She has a pretty good amount on her.. how long has she been watched? As the envelope is offered, Nico slowly reaches out to take it, keeping her eyes on Margaret. She opens the envelope and pulls the keys out, holding them in one hand as she looks over the papers inside. The dossier does say a lot.. locations, places she's frequented, a summary of Pride activity close to the end and some basic information about her power. While it's just semantics, she wouldn't call what she does a 'power'. That word brings up different images than what she can do. But again, semantics. Her eyes lift towards Margaret as she speaks again.

Nico shakes her head, and her hand kind of sways back and forth with the papers in it, motioning with them. "I don't know what conclusions you all came up with about me… and I don't know what it is you really expect out of me.."

She frowns a little to herself as her voice drifts off, and she looks back towards the dossier. And the pamphlet. Conducting operations… the group Margaret's with (from what she can gather) is an intelligence organization. Do they want her to be some kind of agent? A spy? Will she be watching some other kind and making out a dossier on them, as someone did with her? She starts to speak, her eyes still down cast.

"you said 'we're' going to be conducting operations. Even with my magic… being a witch… I'm not suited for the kind of work I think you do. Not alone. So who is 'we'? You and I? Or have you been talking to a number of people?" Now her eyes slowly move back towards Margaret's "And what if I say no? You've got things on me in here about what I've had to do since Los Angeles… the thieving and all. You gonna use that against me if I'm unwilling? Blackmail me?"

There was a long pause as Nico seemingly paced through the notes, Margaret quietly glancing around the park waiting on Nico's response. Again someone didn't take very well the fact that a whole organization was keeping tabs of them. Couldn't say she was thrilled about it either, being good at keeping secrets notwithstanding.

"The operation is going to involve quite a few people, Hell to be frank you aren't even going to be the only magic user." Margaret started off explaining, thinking briefly how said magic user has either already met his new roommate or was about too. "I'm running field management but we'll have a single officer to report to." The fact said officer was her dad was conveniently left off that little factoid.

"Now as for what if you say no..." Margaret frowned, slowly shaking her head. "Really it wouldn't feel right for me to do jack crap about any of that stuff to you. My superiors in this don't answer to the proper authorities when it comes to those petty thefts. So really if you say no I'll take all this and be on my way. You can go do whatever, and that'll be the end of that."

Margaret gently took the paperwork and keys from Nico. "Of course if you do that all you'll end up doing is just go back to what you're doing already. Now... I can't honestly imagine going through what you have. So maybe there's something to all this I just don't 'get' or something." She stated glancing around with a slight hands out gesture. "But... I also don't know how you can willingly go on with this. Even just reading about these last two years on your documents I don't know how you've gotten this far."

Margaret paused, she wasn't sure how to put it with Nico. The same difficulties of the tongue she had with Ben earlier in the day. For all the training she had up til now taught her. She wasn't sure anything she said in this capacity meant or even sounded coherent. Margaret took a deep breath, just biting her lower lip as her eyes slipped away for a second before going back to Nico.

"For what it's worth, I'm not going to try and suggest your life will suddenly become rainbows and sunshine from here on out if you do this. What I can promise you, is by doing this we can give you a direction to finally go. People around you that know even a little what you're going through. Maybe the apartment isn't that big of a bargain, maybe you aren't thrilled by the idea of going back to school. So what I should be offering you here is something you haven't had in a while... hope."

Nico is a little surprised when he mentions another magic user. She's not sure how she feels about that. Is this other person a witch? Or some other kind of magic user? In some circles, magic has a pretty broad definition about it. And also.. she selfishly wonders if this other magic user is as powerful as she is. That's going to fuel some self doubt on her part, surely.

Margaret takes the keys and papers from Nico, and she once more tucks her hands into her pocket as she frowns thoughtfully. Margaret is saying all of the right things. Did she have this kind of speech prepared ahead of time? Did she have to give a similar speech to someone else? A soft sigh escapes her lips as she looks down now, her slim shoulders slumping a little.

"Don't.. don't do that." She says softly, looking back up to Margaret with a small smirk upon her lips. "You don't have to give me the pep talk, Margaret. I get where you're coming from, I do. I mean" she now motions to Margaret "You're not much older than I am, right? And this place you work for, they must have considerable resources and manpower, I'd say. I don't think you've done all of this spying" She accentuates that word as a passive aggressive notion of not liking to be watched, "yourself. So you come out here to recruit people for this little group of yours… and you use the kind of speech someone in a position of leadership would use. Ideas like 'things haven't worked out for you' or 'why continue this life' and using words like 'hope'." She now glances down, speaking as her gaze draws back up towards Margaret "If y'all have been watching me, you would have done more in depth research. Like how financially well off I am. So no, the idea of a free apartment doesn't do a lot for me." She pauses as she watches Margaret, her features softening a little. "What I'm trying to say.. I appreciate the effort you're putting into this. In trying to convince me. But I think we both knew I would be coming along with you" She reaches out and plucks the keys from Margaret's hand, looking them over "Before the speech. A nice apartment isn't something I've seen in a long time. And neither is hope. The chance for either makes me want to give this place a shot. But.. I'm not promising I'll stay. You know what I can do… you know I can just leave whenever I want to, and I will if I get bad vibes here."

Margaret surprisingly folded his arms and gave a shy chuckle. Sighing as she took a finger through her hair. "Actually, I wasn't sure at all if you were interested…." Margaret meekly admitted. "But still, all I ask is you give it a chance."

~Now~

"Thanks for dinner mom." Margaret sighed as she slid the plate that now had a few crumbs of meatloaf, a small smear of mashed potatoes and brown gravy, and some peas and carrot chunks.

Her father Steve did likewise, leaning over to give Kathy Rogers a smooch on the cheek. "Yeah, excellent as always." He told her to a small giggle from his wife.

The setting and environment almost had an air of 1950's Americana to it. Kathy Rogers had on her clothes from work but a large dark gray apron over it all. As the three sat in a dining room adorned with various knick-knacks from both of their parents and grandparents. It was a cozy setting, something out of a Norman Rockwell painting.

"Well I figured the both of you would appreciate your favorite considering what a big day tomorrow is!" Kathy told Steve and Margaret, standing up from her seat as she took the empty plates from in front of them. "Margaret has another school year ahead of him, and Steve with your new job running the school!" Kathy laughed a little as she looked over to Margaret. "I bet you're just thrilled your father is going to be around aren't you sweetie?" She asked her daughter with a slight joking tone.

Margaret to her credit just smirked, looking over at her dad. Shaking her head as Steve chuckled. "Yeah it's going to be… uh… great. Wonderful credibility for my popularity." She had been considering the fact that while she does have a good reputation.

"Oh come on, are you just nervous I'm going to call you out at each of the school assemblies and tell everyone how proud of you I am." Steve jokingly asked, leaning in towards Margaret. "Oh man look at my daughter! She sure is so cool you guys! She likes the uh… who was that one boy band group? The one with the one guy?"

Margaret immediately covered her face with her hands, her face starting to turn red in realization of what he was talking about. "I'm not…" Margaret shook her head.

"Oh right One Direction right?" Steve asked blurting out loud to his wife's laughter from the kitchen nearby. "Still haven't forgiven you for making me take you to that concert you know." Steve added, lightly jabbing Margaret's shoulder with his elbow.

Later on Margaret headed back to her room. At her desk as she clicked away at her computer, getting online to do some last minute work before bed. The websites she was logging onto looked normal at first, though the sites started to appear less and less commercial. Something more and more plain looking as files came up.

Benjamin Baker…

David Layton…

Simon Williams…

Nico Minoru…

Peter Parker…

Gwendolyne Stacy…

Matt Murdock…

Margaret browsed through updates and general information on each of them. The few of them that needed residence have been moved in and given all the information they needed. The others were all set with whatever they needed themselves. Margaret admittedly had only met Ben and Nico by this point. She wanted to meet the others, know what exactly it was she had on her hand.

Ever since her father brought to her this plan it has been a roller-coaster of a month. As if just surviving High School wasn't already a trip. There was now a group of super-powered guys and gals her age that were going to be dealing with all kinds of problems only super-powered people can apparently fix. All that and the squad's field commander was going to be her dad too. Nothing about this seemed natural, but frankly that's been the story of her life really.

Hearing the door to her bedroom open up Margaret quickly started to minimize windows on her screen until she realized it was her dad. Relaxing from the quick tense up she started reopening said windows. "You know you can knock right?" Margaret muttered aloud as she was looking at the computer screen. It's dull hazy light reflecting back on her face as she leaned back in her desk chair.

"Sorry…" Her father meekly muttered as he went to carefully close the door behind him. Immediately Margaret noticed the pair of envelopes in her dad's grasp. More possible recruits, lovely. "Well we have two more people that tomorrow SHIELD is going to want you to look into as…"

"Possible recruits into the program right?" Margaret asked, reaching over and plucking the files from her dad.

"Something like that… yeah." Her father sounded a bit miffed, not that Margaret really noticed. Opening up the envelopes and pulling out a pair of small biological files. Unlike a lot of the people that were getting involved in this however she recognized both of the people here. She never really talked or interacted with either though. Only seeing them around the academy during the last few years.

One was someone she did have a class or two with, same grade as she is in. Reed Richards. A weird name, and from all interactions with the guy a weird person to go with it. He seemed nice enough, kept to himself a lot of times. There was a rumor that went around school that he was a modern day Dr. Frankenstein. Holed up in a shed in the back of his house making whatever was causing all the strange sounds and lights to come out of it periodically.

The other one though… Tony fucking Stark. Oh she knew all about him. You couldn't ignore him if you tried, especially if you had a female body. The sleazeball was a multimillionaire who showed up in a Ferrari each day, coasted through all his classes, and made sure you knew how much better he thought he was compared to you. The few times he ever talked to her usually resulted in Margaret feeling like she needed to shower afterwards.

Still, Margaret pouted as she put the files onto the edge of her desk. "Alright I'll go ahead and talk to them tomorrow when I can get the chance." Margaret stated simply. She went back to the computer for a second until she started to realize that her dad was not only still in the room. He had taken a seat on the side of her bed. Glancing over at her with a mildly disappointed look on his face. Margaret blinked mildly confused for a second. "What's up?" She asked.

Steve sighed, glancing down at the floor for a moment before looking back up at Margaret and around her bedroom a little. It wasn't very big, but Steve hadn't known any other place for his little girl. So many memories in the room, either in his head or the pictures around the room of various vacations, parties, events they all did. Still, Steve glanced back at Margaret. "Listen, I know everything has been thrown at you pretty quickly." He started, "I just… I just want to make sure before we really get going you're going to be okay. I mean I know…"

Margaret held out a hand, patting her father on the knee. "Look it's fine. This is a little crazy sure. But it wasn't like all that time you took me to SHIELD I didn't know someday it would come to this." Margaret told her father. Referencing all the weekends when she would get personalized training that took advantage of the super soldier blood coursing through her veins. "I know what I'm signing up for here. Don't worry about me."

Steve shrugged, "Look sweetie I know. Still I'm worried this is all happening a little too quickly for you. I mean I know my whole thing back in World War II wasn't quite the same as what you're going through now. But… I guess it's just my job to worry about my little girl right?" He asked.

Margaret smiled a little, "Sure but… I'm not exactly little anymore now am I?" She responded with, which Steve gave an admitting nod to. "I'll be fine. I feel ready for this, I mean sure I am nervous but I feel like I can handle this."

Steve smiled, "Well… there is one other thing. I was going to do this at the first group meeting but I figured I'd just embarrass you in front of everyone there." Steve left the room for a moment, leaving Margaret to wonder what was going on. Eventually though Steve came back. Holding a large olive green military looking bag in his grips. Re-closing the door behind him Steve beamed at what he had. "Here."

Margaret paused, taking the bag from her father and with curiosity taking over opened the bag to reveal inside something heavy, sturdy, and very familiar. It's vibranium metal base shined against the computer screen light. The red, white, and blue paint still holding strong despite all the little chips, and dents. It wasn't just any shield though, it was the shield. "Dad…" Margaret gasped quietly.

"When I told you there was a time you'd take over. I meant it." Steve reminded her. "It seemed like every-time me or someone else pushed you. You pushed back and fought like Hell. I know we had talked about your alias for this being Patriot. But… last night I talked with Fury. The time felt right, and we both agreed if you're going to do this. You need to do it right." Steve had to pause, quickly reaching up with his arm to wipe the small tear from his eye. "From here on in, when you're out on assignment. I'll be addressing you by your proper alias…"

"Captain America."

Last edited by a moderator:
Queens, New York.

2 Months Ago.

"May? I'm heading out with Ned for a bit."

"Okay kiddo; be safe, yeah? Let me know if you're staying the night so I don't wait up."

"Will do; love you!"

As Peter made his way out of the apartment, closing the door behind him, he made sure the hallway was completely empty before making his way over to a window on the far-end of the building. He quickly climbed out, scaling the wall adjacent until he reached the roof of the complex. There, he took off his backpack and pulled out his costume. It didn't take long for him to throw it on, as he had learned how to do it fast within his first few weeks of heroism almost a year ago. As he changed, he put on his 'personal communicator' (a Bluetooth headpiece from his Playstation connected to a burner-phone in his pocket) and dialed up his best friend and 'Guy in the Chair', Ned Leeds.

Despite the mask being there in order to keep his alter-ego a secret, Peter screwed up pretty early on in his career by accidentally revealing his identity to Ned in easily the stupidest way possible; forgetting that his friend was coming over for the night and climbing into his bedroom dressed in full Spidey-attire while Ned watched in shock. Thankfully though, Ned managed to keep his secret pretty well, and to this day Peter believes he's maintained his duality as Spider-Man and Peter Parker fairly well.

Not long after the phone began to ring, Ned picked up.

"What up, Webhead?" he exclaimed, excitement clearly in his voice.

"Just heading out on patrol. Got any leads for me?"

"Not much. NYPD put out a warning today about a dude whacking people with a meat-cleaver near Madison Gardens. Might be worth checking out?"

"A Meat Cleaver? That's pretty weird."

"Says the guy with the freaky spider-powers."

"Alright, well thanks. I'll head there now, see if there's any commotion."

"If you're hungry, Stan's Diner is right nearby. They've got awesome hoagies."

"Roger that, Chair-dude."

"May the Force be with you, Spidey."

Once the call was over, Peter removed his 'communicator' and swapped it with a set of headphones connected to his iPod. He quickly pulled out the device and clicked shuffle on his "Hobby" playlist. A bit of travelling music never hurt anyone, and besides; his Spider-Sense would tell him if anything was out of the ordinary. Once he was all set, he hid his backpack behind a vent on the roof and dashed towards the ledge. Jumping off, he fired a line of webbing towards a nearby lamp-post and began to swing off deeper into the city.

----------------------

Around the time he reached the bridge leading towards Manhattan, his burner phone began to go off. Thinking it was Ned, Peter took a seat on the top of a nearby podium. He then popped off his headphones, re-attached his 'communicator' and answered the call.

"Hey Ned; what's up?"

"Hello, Mr. Parker."

Peter sighed, rolling his eyes. He knew that voice, and it certainly wasn't that of his best friend; it was Agent Coulson, a S.H.I.E.L.D. representative who had decided Spider-Man was the next best thing since butter on toast.

"How'd you get this number, Coulson? Is S.H.I.E.L.D spying on me?"

"We don't spy on just anyone, Mr. Parker."

"If he were alive, you guys would give Orson Wells a heart-attack."

"Funny. Have you given any more thought to our proposal?"

"Uh, no. Didn't you guys get the memo? I already got my ducts cleared months ago."

"I was talking about you attending Manhattan Academy and participating in the program."

"Yeah, no. I've got a good thing going where I am."

"It could always be better."

"Straight A's, leader of the Science Team, and a bunch of friends? Yeah, I don't think transferring schools now would be the best thing for Peter Parker."

"What about Spider-Man? Surely being around other meta-humans wou--"

"Dude, shut up."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm hanging up now!"

"Mr. Parker, what ar--"

Quickly silencing his burner phone, Peter watched as a run-down looking van sped along the bridge at speeds way faster than normal Not far behind it were two NYPD squad cars, both with their sirens wailing. Even if this wasn't the Madison Meatcleaver, it was still a crime in progress; one that Peter knew he had to put an end to. With fervor, he jumped off the podium and swung a line down closer to the bridge, chasing after the vehicles.

It didn't take long for him to catch up to the squad cars, which was a good sign if he intended to catch the crooks in the van. Meant that he was going fast. However, not three seconds after he had landed on the roof of one of the squad cars trying to assess his next move, did his 'communicator' mysteriously reactivate itself.

"Mr. Parker," Agent Coulson began, his voice sterner than usual, "We weren't finished talking."

"Uh, yeah we were dude. I don't want in. Bye!" replied Peter, quickly removing his ear-bud and stuffing it into his pocket to avoid further interruptions. Though the officer driving the vehicle was now aggressively shouting for him to get off, Peter was focused on the van in front of him. Hoping that his math was right, Peter leapt from the roof of the squad car, hoping to land somewhere on the van without using his webbing. Thankfully, he managed to make it; barely latching onto the back doors of the van.

Though he began to make his way up onto the roof, the back doors swung open, knocking Peter off to the side of the vehicle. Now open, the doors revealed three armed robbers, all of whom began to fire their pistols off at the police officers, disregarding the citizens caught in the crossfire. Though Peter managed to hang onto the door and tried to get his bearings, the sound of gunshots immediately brought him back into the moment. Pushing back with the weight of his entire body, Peter shoved the door he was holding onto back into position, startling the goons inside and giving him enough time to kick the other door off its handles and swing inside the vehicle.

"Hey guys; out for a late night drive?" Peter asked, readying himself for a fight as the crooks seemed to take a moment to figure out why a kid dressed up in a tacky red and blue outfit was standing in their van. Their bewilderment did not last long and sooner than expected, the trio raised their guns in an attempt to shoot the hero dead. However, Spidey was too quick and managed to web-sling their guns away before they had a chance to pull the trigger. One by one, he fought the criminals, easily knocking them aside whenever they charged at him, though his luck wouldn't last for long. Despite the tingling sensation firing off in the back of his head warning him to do something, Peter failed to notice the one thug who he thought he had knocked unconscious essentially bull-rushing him from below, knocking the hero off his feet as he was propelled out of the vehicle.

Landing squarely on the hood of the squad car behind the van, Peter felt bits of shattered glass ebb themselves into his back and groaned. That was going to be sore for a few days. But he needed to focus; especially since he noticed the criminals had gotten their guns back. He couldn't head back into the truck now; that would be stupid of him. He needed a better solution.

That's when he remembered they were still on the bridge.

Using the girders to his advantage, Peter fired off a few dozen lines of webbing directly above him and latched them onto the back of the van, not only slowing its pace, but also causing it to fling backwards; straight towards him and the other vehicles. Bad call!

Quickly trying to rectify the situation he had caused, Peter jumped off the hood of the squad car and fired a few more strands of webbing on the opposite side of the van as he dove to the other side of the bridge, hoping to steer it out of the way of any oncoming vehicles. Though he managed to graze the top of the first squad car, knocking it's siren clean-off, Peter was successful in steering the van away from other vehicles. Once it had stopped moving and limply hung suspended above the road, Peter made his way back onto the bridge and ascended the van; reaching inside and pulling out the disoriented criminals one-by-one and tossing them down to the police, wrapped up in nice-little web bundles so they wouldn't cause a fuss. Finally, he retrieved what the goons had stolen; around six duffle-bags filled with what had to amount to around six hundred thousand dollars in cash, give or take. With the money returned, Peter gave a silent salute to the officers at the scene, who half-thanked half-criticized him for doing their job for them. But as he was about to leave, one of the officers stopped him.

"Hey, uh... Red guy? Got somebody on here who wants to talk to ya..." said the officer, stepping out of his squad car with the on-board communicator in hand.

Perking an eyebrow, Peter walked over to the officer and politely took it from the man. "Hello?"

"What the hell was that?"

Coulson. Figures.

"That was reckless. You nearly got everybody on that bridge killed."

"I had it under control."

"You call nearly smacking an officer of the law with the backside of a van 'under control'?"

"Hey, I stopped the bad guys and nobody got hurt. Well, some egos did, but that--"

"This is exactly why the program exists; to teach you how to handle situations like this!"

"I told you, I'm not go--"

"Peter?"

Peter nearly felt his eyes bulge out of his sockets. He looked around to make sure none of the other officers could hear what he was hearing, and thankfully most of them were too busy to notice what was going on.

"This is a private line Mr. Parker; only the three of us can hear this."

"Coulson, how dare yo--"

"It's okay, Peter."

"No, it's not okay! He's totally invading my privacy, and now he's dropped this bomb on you and it's not fair, an--"

"I know. I knew long before this happened."

"May... May, I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you, but I knew--"

"Pete... I want you to go. I know I can't talk you out of the hero-thing, but I want you to be safe more than anything else. If this place can help you, then I want you to go."

"..."

"Peter?"

"Mr. Parker?"

"Fine. I'll do it."

"Excellent. I'll send over the proper information as soon as possible. See you in September, Mr. Parker."

"I love you, Peter."

"I love you too... So, uh... Are you mad that I didn't tell you?"

"I'm furious."

"Oh... Well, uh..."

"But I'm less-mad now. Just... Just promise me; no more secrets, okay?"

"Okay... Yeah, yeah... No more secrets"

"Good. Now come home so I can patch you up."

"Sure thing..."

As the call ended, Peter let out a deep sigh and ran a hand across his face. He looked at the officers and gave them a nod to indicate he was done before he reached out his hand to fire off a line of webbing, but alas; he was out of web-fluid. Seeing as how he hadn't found the time to make some more cartridges and he didn't want to start forcing out his biological webs since he was already in pain, Peter sighed and walked over to the other side of the street and waved down a cab. "Well, this'll be interesting..." he muttered to himself as a driver stopped to pick him up, laughing madly at the absurdity of his costume; a trend that would continue the whole way back to Queens.

Peter just hoped that when school started, he would be a little more lucky than he currently felt.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brea
January 30, 1964

It rained that day Marcia Graham Williams had just the day before managed to stop crying. Her husband John and her son Simon perished several days ago in some sort of accident. John worked with experimental forms of energy. She managed to keep herself together today. She had Simon dressed in her family's traditional clan tartan and kilt. She had one son left, young Robert.

July 30, 2017

Simon had been having nightmares, over and over the explosion, then sleeping in a coffin. He felt some sort of movement, then a thud. He actually woke up. Things were a bit fuzzy admitedly... but he felt awake. Damn it was dark in … oh god. Turns out he was actually in a coffin. Sadly, there was no one nearby who heard the ear splitting, terrifying scream. He wasn't sure he heard it. He thrashed about, the coffin exploding, tumbling off the rack it was in several feet in the air.

He landed with a sudden thud. Some sort of light came on... He could see, with something of a red tint.

Over to one side, the word EXIT hung seemingly in midair. Still terrified, worried this was still some sort of nightmare, he ran at the doorway,m then through it. Alarm claxons started going off.

He ran and ran and ran. Like a strange dream state he didn't get tired, not a bit.

After some undeterminable amount of time he simply stopped. He found himself in a run down neighborhood. The neon lights of a liquor store calling to him. He walked that way. He walked inside, there was an asian man behind the counter. He went and picked up a small jug of milk as his stomach felt odd.

Three dark skinned men came into the store, they seemed happy, laughing. One of them said something but he didn't hear it. Things weren't quite right yet. One of them started to argue with the cashier while the other two approached him. The two men came close, one of them yelling at him, finally they shot him. It stung a bit, bouncing off him into a display of beer. Odd, he should be dead or something right ?

At the other end of the store, the man menacing the cashier with a gun heard the shot, turning to look at his pals, both were stunned and opened up with their guns, each emptying their guns into Simon. Simon finally felt like his senses were clearing. Vision clearing, becoming sharp, hearing undulled. He noticed one of the men had grabbed the cashier, pointing the gun at him. Simon ran that way, grabbing the beligerent dark skinned man, seaking to push him out of the store. Away the man went, into the building on the far side of the street. Simon blinked... What the heck ?

The other two men ran out the back door. Simon paid them no mind. The cashier ran too. Simon took the milk and a package of t-shirts. Not particularly sure why. He wrote a note.

I OWE U.. I package of Tshirts, 1 jug of Knudsen milk

Simon Williams.

He left it on the counter.

He left the store now, jogging, not running. Away from where he had come he thought. It was almost light when he stopped. He was lucky to find what looked like an abandoned house. He laid down upstairs. He couldn't sleep, but he did close his eyes and tried.

This went on for several days. Simon oddly didn't feel hungry, or thirsty nor did he particularly need sleep. He longed for people, but he had no money. He stole a pair of sweatpants, some tennis shoes and a backpack after watching other people break in and rob a place. He folded up his tartan and the other stuff he had, placing it into the bag.

Finally, one night he came back to the abandoned house of the day. There was someone there.

d40be2abc106d00871f1ad108e0d51c5.jpg

His heart soared. He recognized the star spangled man, Captain America. Part of him wanted to cry, but for some reason he was unable to. The expression on his face was confused, ecstatic, sad and relieved seemingly all at once. He couldn't manage any words. But he pulled out a small package. Wrapped in a small plastic baggy, probably over 50 years. Inside a small velvet bag that Simon pulled out. A small plastic box that he slowly walked up and handed to his hero. A full set of original trading cards. Captain American and the Howling Commandos.

He just couldn't cry, but his odd red eyes glistened and his face was trembling.

" Nothing is right, everything is off. I can't sleep.. the nightmares... in the coffin... Oh God... please tell me you are real Captain".

Simon was about the same size as Steven Rogers. The younger man's hair a bit darker and everything on Simon felt dirty, unkempt. Yet when he finally approached his hero and hugged him ever so gently, The man with the plan hugged him back. When shield agents finally led Simon away to a not so comfy looking van. Senior Special Agent Phil Coulson approached Captain Steven Rogers.

" His finger prints came up on a department of energy file, old, from the 60's. Simon Graham Williams. Died January 30, 1964. Explosion during his father's energy experiment. His last living relative died a few days ago Steve. A few nights ago, he shoved a man across a street and through a wall. We believe he woke up roughly twenty miles west of here, a storage facility where a collection of now unburied bodies were kept. "

Time has passed now. Simon has spent several months at a shield facility in New Jersey. 16 hours a day he was put through his drills. Seemingly understanding and patient shield guys and gals worked with him. Culture and history mostly and some technology. A very patient man named Agent Steve Rogers spent the first couple of months easing him into things. Simon even met Steve's daughter in passing.

They came up with some sort of sound thing that helped him sleep. This alone helped a lot. Then came the testing. It was mentally brutal. Physically it didn't seem to affect him much. Their sensors seemed to think he could lift a lot. His friend Agent Rogers came back for the testing. Again, patiently helping him through it.

Finally the day came. There was a talk...

"Simon, you know you never completed your education".

"Yes sir, I know that".

"I think it would be a good idea to return to school and I have a special opportunity for you. I am going to start a new job this fall, working at a fancy school in Manhattan. I want you to go there".

"Alright Agent Rogers, if you think so"...

"There will be other extraordinary people there Simon."

Simon looks nervously at Agent Rogers

"Extraordinary ?"

Steven laughs, " Yes Simon, young people with powers. Do you think you can handle working with others like yourself ? "

" I'll certainly try sir."

Now to be completely honest, Simon was now nervous as heck. At the best of times he found it far easier to work by himself or with his family. Of course, he didn't have anything in the way of family now. He considered Steve family, but neither ever spoke about that kind of thing.

They only people he really knew were Shield agents. He was very certain none of them were normal, accept maybe Rogers and Coulson. He didn't sleep that night, but neither for once did he get the nightmares.

The next day, he went shopping. Agent Rogers daughter Margaret took him. She drove a small uncomfortable car. She was athletic and seemed comfortable around him though. He managed small talk with her. He very much liked most of her choices. She seems somewhat upset when he insisted on buying the Fedora, it was brown, pretty stylish, reminded Simon of his father. The father who died saving his life. He politely insisted on the non stylish hat anyway as much for personal reasons as his own outdated sense of style. Somewhere on the radio, there was a shield guy giving Margaret grief about it comedically. She however didn't seem amused.

They found him a place where they said he would live with at least one roommate. It was a nice place, not big, not small. To Simon though, it very much felt like home.

Last edited by a moderator:
no054.jpg

13B.

That was the apartment number on the key that Margaret presented her with the night before. Along with the school pamphlet, she was giving an address to find. While some may not even think about finding an address nowadays (just about everyone has a GPS device in their pockets), Nico wasn't so fortunate. A phone meant she was on the grid, a phone meant she could be found. Maybe that's just paranoia… maybe she's being too cautious…

'Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you'. Joseph Heller.

So Nico had the next best thing. An actual map of the city. She stole it from a gas station… while stealing an energy drink. Wasn't hard… when some people look at her they see a pretty Asian chick that they think they have a shot with, not someone that's robbing them blind. So map in hand, she camped out in some park for the night. She got her bearings as morning came around… and an energy drink later she's off.

It took her a few times, but she was finally able to navigate herself to the apartment. She could have gotten there easier using magic… but she didn't want to use it needlessly. So now Nico approaches said apartment, 13B. She stands before the door, just staring at it, a frown on her dark painted lips. She looks down at the key she holds in her hand, and then back to the door. Doubt creeps into her consciousness. She doesn't know Margaret. She doesn't really know what she's getting into. Although the latter has never really stopped her before. With a soft sigh she hefts the duffel bag she's carrying onto her shoulder (the action accompanied by what sounds like glasses clinking together), and she unlocks the door.

Stepping through the door, Nico finds a fairly spacious apartment. A very nice apartment. Well… maybe it seems more spacious to her since she hasn't really ever lived in an apartment. And for the passed couple years, just going from motel to motel. When she actually slept indoors, that is. She closes the door behind her, locking it of course. The key gets dropped into the dark green duffel bag. It's starting to get dark outside, and so the interior of the apartment follows suit. But Nico just stands there at the entry way, just visually scanning the interior. She is tempted to use a spell to check the place out.. make sure it's actually safe. Make sure there are no traps. But.. if this were a trap, it's a bad one. Margaret knew where she was, where she had been, Nico was being watched for quite a while. They could have chosen any time to take her out. And if she were with The Pride… well they don't work like this. It would be a straight up strike against her.

Now she steps deeper into the apartment, and she clicks on a lamp she passes upon an end table. Yeah, the place is nice. And nicely furnished. She explores the different rooms… and finds 2 noticeably bare rooms. Ah, the bedrooms. But… 2 bedrooms. And 1 Nico. So doing the math… she wonders if she's going to be the only one staying here. She doesn't remember Margaret mentioning anything like that. But… she figures she shouldn't bitch to much. Not yet. Give her time.

Nico heads into the empty room closest towards the West, and sets her duffel bag down in it. She nods a little to herself, looking around the empty room. She'll have to get all of her stuff in here (which will be easy), once she figured out how precisely she wants the room. And after a little ritual…

She once more scoops up the key from her bag, as well as what looks like a small dagger. She strides outside now once more, and she walks towards the west side of the building itself. She takes a deep breath and faces outwards, and using the dagger she draws an imaginary pentagram, the pentagram pointed towards the Earth. She lowers the dagger, and her free hand pushes towards the imaginary pentagram as she recites softly. "Go, or be cast into the depths of the flood!" She then moves towards the south side of the building… and redraws the imaginary pentagram in the air, speaking in a stern tone. "Go, or be cast into the flames!" Moving towards the east side of the house, she repeats the drawing once more as she calls out "Go, or be rent by the grinding earthquakes!" then onto the north side of the building "Go, or be torn apart by the whirlwind!" Her body then turns and she now faces the building itself, calling out as she raises her arms "I banish you! I banish you! I banish you! Begone!"

Nico then returns to the apartment itself, and back to her 'room'. She once more reaches into the duffel bag, and she pulls out a small glass container of water. Quickly she would move to each room of the apartment… and sprinkle just a few drops of the water in every corner of the rooms, and inside of each and every cupboard and drawer. Which also helps her to familiarize herself with the apartment, so plus plus. Then the window sills get a drop or so of the water, and then a few drops in front of every doorway. The water is actually salt water… and the spell she has cast should help keep this place safe from evil…

So back to her room she goes, carefully placing the bottle back into the bag. With a huff she flops down onto the floor, leaning against the wall. She looks around the room slowly… a small smile creeping onto her dark lips…

Reactions: Gands
ace192439ade6484b094ee76aad5b6cb--camren-bicondova-gotham-tv.jpg

"Here we are, The Darkholme Suites on Broadway." says the cab driver as he pulls up to the front of the hotel. The teenage girl in the back doesn't take her earbuds out as she opens her clutch purse and hands over a hundred dollar bill to the man's waiting hand. His eyes light up, and just to be sure this isn't another tourist mistake(he's one of the honest ones) he asks her. "Change, Miss?"

The girl smirks, shakes her head, and replies in English with a thick German accent. "Not this time." and gets out of the backseat carring her small duffle. The cabbie pops the trunk, and whistles a happy tune as he looks back in the rearview mirror at the bellhop taking the girls' luggage out of the trunk.

"Wish we had more of her."

The teenager walks into the luxury hotel with the bellboy dutifully behind her. Her gait can only be described as a strut which belies an elegance in spite of the ragged jeans she has chosen to wear today.

The front desk lady greets her with a practiced smile. "Hello and welcome to the Darkholme Suites. How can I help you?"

The girl takes a passport from her clutch and hands it over. She states her name with an audible flourish before the lady can open the passport. "Raven Anne Darkholme, checking in."

"Oh." The lady is startled for a moment when she confirms the introduction. Bypassing all normal procedure, she hands Raven a key packet and a sheet of paper with all the hotel has to offer. "Welcome Miss Darkholme. We look forward to housing you, and please if there is anything you need do not hesitate to ask. Meals at our restaurant, late night use of our pool and spa, anything."

"Thank you, and I will be sure father hears all about how his property is going." Raven returns the smile and proceeds off to the left of the desk towards the elevator. She is well aware that her last statement has ilicited a heavy amount of anxiety on the agents that will dissipate throughout the rest of the staff as word spreads that the owner's daughter is here, and watching, for the foreseeable future.

And she likes it. It brings an impish smile to her face.

After a short, silent ride up the elevator, Raven and the bellboy come to the top floor and he leads the way down the hall. "Here we are Miss Darkholme, our Governor Suite." The bellboy announces before opening the door.

JG-Suite-lounge.jpg

"Very nice, very nice." Raven says upon entering. Her luggage is set next to the bed, and Raven opens the large windows to view the Manhattan skyline at night. The bellboy exits quietly, even shutting the door silently as possible.

Alone now, Raven changes out of her 'normal' form to her natural form. Her eyes squint as she looks past her own reflection to try and see more detail This was her first real view of Manhattan after only seeing it in her favorite TV shows and movies. It was a very different, stunning thing to see now all spread out before her. And it was hers to explore at will, if she wished. Fifteen years old, on her own, with more money at her disposal than most teenagers would know what to do with.

So long as she kept to her father's rules for the family, of course. No public events identifying herself as a Darkholme, no interviews of any kind with the media. She was to go to school here at the Manhattan Academy, and go only by her first name for introductions.

All of this was to maintain the Darkholme's minimal reputation in the world. Their name was seen on hotels and resorts worlwide like the Hiltons. But her father's goal was to harbor respect and intrigue by keeping out of the public eye.

In her father's words:

"Our wealth and power is built upon one thing: Mystique. Our rivals will not know how to undermine us if they know nothing, and any we reach out to will feel privileged."

Sound philosophy for a company. Not so good for a teenager like herself born very different from others.

Raven turns around to the suite and changes into her previous form. She takes her smartphone from her purse, and opens her Instagram app. She alters her appearance slightly to her exact liking and gets into a good position where she can take a headshot with the skyline in the background, but decides to take a video instead. On hitting Record, Raven says into the camera in English "First time in America! How can a girl get in trouble tonight?" then winks and shares it with her followers. Almost immediately her phone buzzes and rings as notifications come in.

Most are her followers back in Europe, wishing they were near enough to get out and 'show her a good time' unaware of her age. There are no intentions within her to actually meet up with any of replies that might be in New York; Raven has become adept at making her own fun. Her antics on Instagram were just for her own amusement and nothing more.

First she was going to 'put on' something elegant and see if she can't sneak a drink at the bar and watch her favorite show, Law & Order: SVU, then maybe hit the town. Get as much of this hotel and Manhattan as she could before she inevitably had to leave for some other part of the world for another school.

...3 days ago...!

As salad, omelet and toast was currently being digested in the growing God's stomach, said God also digested a whole lot of information. He stopped asking when the answers he got produced more questions than Margaret had time to answer. She had places to be, people to see! An envelope with confidential information about himself, keys to a safe apartment, and a compassionate smile from the blonde was all Benjamin expected to get from her at this point. He was reassured he could speak more with their superior a few days later.

Standing in the doorway saying goodbye to the staunchly girl named Margaret, Ben already planned what clothes and stuff to bring to his new apartment from home "I understand you're a busy lady." Ben struggled to keep from calling her Marge. Respect. This girl demanded respect, and he would treat her with respect. "Good luck recruiting the others," he had said suspecting there would be more people joining up. "I'll be headin' home to catch a few things, but I'll be back tomorrow. And between us: don't go telling anybody about what I just showed you, okay? I can tell you're a trustworthy, gal. So just keep that a secret so I can have a party trick or two up my sleeves! Ain't all about looks, you know!"
His powers had clearly proven useful, though he also suspected Margaret could guess how his powers might work for fun. Whether she, personally, would redeem them funny was another issue entirely, but he didn't care. SOMEONE had to share his kind of humor. He wasn't sure whether his charm worked on Margaret or not, after closing the door to 14b, but he hoped she would understand he meant no harm at all by his behavior.

Like his co-using mage next door would do, who, by the way, was currently unknown to him, Ben checked each corner for surveillance, traps and shifty bugging, or simply bad plumbing, insulation, and that sort of thing. He wanted to make sure he got everything in order as soon as possible, and hopefully before his new room mate arrived, so he could brag about his sense of preparation and perception.
He chose the biggest bedroom for his own though, and marked it by messing up the pillow and covers. His things wouldn't be enough as he planned on a trip back home. Benjamin's wide grin faded when remembering he was not allowed to tell his parents about the hero project, but he tried telling himself he was doing this for the sake of good, not fame. Nor recognition. He couldn't stop feeling bad about it though. How could people believe in him if they didn't know he was the one doing the right thing? No matter how much it bugged him, he was determined to stay hidden and secret for the time being, even if he didn't like it. Perhaps he could entice change in the future!​

...2 days ago...!

Poor Ben had to return to his parents' house at night to find his things, and pack. He did so silently as if not to wake them. He couldn't tell them he was entering Manhattan high, nor that he was moving into a new apartment to live his new life. They would also not know about the project, but Benjamin was determined they would know everything in due time. He wanted the blessing of his superiors first, and do it the right way! He would do it the right way for sure!
Ben nearly emptied his room. He left a few items he knew would signal to his parents that he would come back. He had not abandoned them, but simply run off. He would return. He even wrote it down on a note just in case they decided to give up on him. Please, don't hate me, he thought, without writing it down. He loved them so much for all they had done for him, even with the lies and suspicion. He just wanted them to acknowledge his worth. Of what he could do!
Leaving his parents' house that was stationed way outside of town, with everything in his magic pocket, which could carry more than his physical body, Benjamin started his journey back to Manhattan to start his new, more meaningful life.​

Now...! After everyone else so far, that is!

Having started to feel familiar with the place, and decorated his room and the living room somewhat, Ben paced the apartment 14b restlessly. As he was enjoying a glass of cold water, and contemplating Chinese take out, a sudden tingle started to envelope his entire body. Ben frowned, sensing magic. Growing magic! He put his glass down in fear of dropping it, because this spell was getting bigger, and stronger! Ben stepped one step away from the source. It was warning him about coming closer! No, it was warning- his core. What was going on?! Benjamin stared at the wall between his apartment and the next, and started to freak out as the spell expanded towards him. He realized someone next door was currently casting a powerful protection spell, but why?! He hadn't done anything! Was this a test?
As his ancient soul sparked old instincts, Ben wasn't sure he could keep himself under control should this continue. He felt excited and horrified at the same time. He kept his hot breath under control, and continued to back away from the wall. This had to have an explanation! A good one! He hadn't done anything wrong!
The magic he sensed was not evil. As the spell finally settled, and left Ben panting and sweating lightly, he felt oddly happy about having another mage around. He had to sit down on the green couch to steady himself though, and swallowed against a weak nausea that had settled in his nervous stomach. He had not sensed anything until that powerful spell. Who was this person who could tickle his soul like that? Should he find out sooner or later? Was this another one of Margaret's people? What did they do to him? And more importantly: were they aware?
Sitting on the green couch Ben calmed, and wiped his face clean of horror.
Ben decided he would see for himself later, who this person could be. Should he or she not show up at the project, he would mention it to them either way, and get to the bottom of it. Feeling better as the spell had simply settled in the walls, Ben gulped down the rest of his water, and picked up his phone to order Chinese. He had no evil plans, nor had he any motivation to hurt his neighbor, so he shrugged it off, and continued to suppress the fact that a lurking God of evil, mischief and chaos was inside him. Hopefully his room mate would arrive in time for take out, Benjamin thought, and ordered two meals. If no one came that night, he would simply eat it all by himself.

Last edited:
As the morning started to shine over the city, the hustle and bustle of the morning commute took over the streets and sidewalks. It was the first day of school for many young men and women in the city, including those at Manhattan Academy. Margaret Rogers was one of those students. Clad in the academy uniform. Blue blazer, white dress shirt, and dress slacks with black loafers. Sitting in the passenger seat of the car beside her dad, the pair had just had a morning pancake breakfast at a nearby diner. A tradition in the family for the first day of school.

It was a small talk kind of ride, with a lot of quiet breaks here and there. Margaret had the plan for the day between classes. Get into contact with Reed Richards and Tony Stark to get them into the program before the end of the day. After that, Steve was taking everyone out for a first day meet and greet. It was why Margaret had her gear in a gym bag in the trunk of the car. By the time the two pulled up to the front of the Academy Margaret got out to watch her dad leave to get a parking spot.

Normally this was a time for her to be normal, or at least as normal as she could muster. Now though? Now her normal life and her super life were about to crash into one another head on… goody.

Simon Williams

Simon too was starting his day. As he had promised, A small pot of coffee and hot water for tea. Bananas & toaster waffles were laid out. He knocked on Ben's door to make sure he would be on time. Simon really didn't need to eat, but the psychologist at Shield and the Energy scientist, Fitz he thought. He got along fabulously with Fitz, Simon learned a lot in a very short time talking to the other engineer.

He was wearing his Manhattan Academy official uniform He pulled in the extra Bicycle for Ben and started taking his own down the stairs. For no reason at all, he stopped and took a long look at the surrounding apartments. His home, his own place... it felt good... starting over again.... there were a lot of ghosts in his closet, but he felt this opportunity was very special. He checked everything, he had his school kit, pencils, pens, erasers, math calculator, paper and all the right stuff. He had his special eye contacts and the red tinted sunglasses.

He had gotten up early, allowed for extra time based on the map function on his computer. The apartment was designed to be easy to get to the school from anyway. He got to the school, locked up his bike and just stood at the entrance for a while, watching the other kids. Savoring the brief moment of excitement and normalcy he situation afforded him.

She remembered saying at one time..

'We don't have to go to school anymore if we don't want, Mols. We can pretty much do whatever we want.'

And that line of thought imploded rather quickly. And now… here she is, just a few years later. Going to school. An Academy no less. Which sounds worse.

Nico woke up a good 2 hours before she was 'required' to get to the Academy. Like many of the others, she rose early this day. But she knew much of that time would be spent getting ready. She had gotten her room 'together', almost the way she wants it. Much of her earthly goods are now in this room. So how did she get so much junk into her room so quickly and so quietly? Well.. she's a witch. Magic. Duh.

The school uniform she was given was… ghastly. She didn't know much about much, but she knew she wanted a better looking uniform. She starts with a fairly plain white top, something plain for the base. She fetched a pair of pantyhose, natural color with little black spots all along them. She had been looking for a reason to wear these since she bought them a couple years ago. She then puts on the skirt, a light blue and yellow plaid one going down to nearly her knees. Close enough, in the least.

She does love dress up.

She looks herself over in the full length mirror in her room, turning slowly to make sure everything is as it should be. Somewhat satisfied (good enough!) she puts on a stylish black tie, which is actually a black bow she altered a little so it feeds down to look like a tie. Nico then spends the next 45 minutes doing her makeup and hair… she actually moves rather quickly. Yeah, 45 minutes is quick for this sort of thing. Her dark hair is braided into 2 pigtails along either of her shoulders, and she then puts on a cute little black hat. Her makeup (as it often is) is a dark purple color, eye shade and gloss lipstick. Nothing to heavy for the first day, after all. A pair of platform high heel shoes and her blazer (unbuttoned), and she's about ready! Next is accessories… she stands before her little dresser, rummaging through her collection of pendants, necklaces, bracelets and rings. With a dour expression she tries to pick the right one for today.

Dobell's Cross? To Christian looking for today.
Peruvian Ball pendant? Mmmm doesn't feel right.
Camelot collection pendant? To gawdy for this shirt and blazer.
Mystic Star? To heavy.
Magic Eye Amulet? Hmph.. definitely possible.
Abyssinian Wish Box? To much work this early in the morning.
Witches' Red Coral? To many sour memories.
The Tibetan Key pendant? One of her dark brows perk and she snags it out of the box. She draws the silver necklace of the pendant around her neck and fastens it in the back.

Nico then grabs a bracelet (Witches' Bangle technically) and slips it over her left wrist. She is then on her way, scooping up her small backpack and slinging it over her shoulder. She strides out the front door of her apartment… thinking for a moment that perhaps she was wrong about having a roommate. Cool.

Locking the door, she starts to walk. And then stops, turns around and unlocks the door. She carefully powerwalks to the kitchen area and grabs a granola bar, THEN back out the door and locking it. She munches hungrily on the granola bar as she walks to the Academy.

Nico approaches the Academy now, her whole demeanor speaking of self confidence. Not arrogance she would argue… some would argue the opposite of her. Classes haven't started yet, she supposes. Judging by the amount of students lingering in front of the school itself. She looks along the students as she stands apart from them, wondering if any of them know about her. Wondering if any of them are spies or whatever like Margaret. Wait… is Margaret here? Her brows furrow as she now more intensely looks through the crowd, kind of standing on her tippy toes one moment to do so.

The hardest part of waking up in a truly luxurious bed, was finding the motivation to get out. Raven had been woken up by the wakeup call ordered by her father(one of those things she couldn't override, being an order from the top and all), and slowly but surely slips out of bed. When sound asleep, Raven cannot maintain anything but her real appearance so when she enters the bathroom, she sees herself. Which isn't very welcome, but she's too sleepy to change right away. She just gets into the shower and goes about her morning ritual. Not unlike most, with the exception that unlike most attractive young women, Raven has not a drop of makeup to her name.

All Raven has to do is look in the mirror, and alter her cells accordingly until she has the flawless skin she desires. And while her natural form has straight, slick red hair, she chooses her 'normal' appearance to have short, bushy brown hair because it just looks cuter to her.

Upon checking the drawers of her room, Raven had found the school uniform sized and waiting. But she didn't even bother trying it on. She only lays it out on the bed, looks at it a while and feels the fabric, before changing her appearance to be 'wearing it' for all anyone was aware from the breakfast crowd at the hotel restaurant, to the Uber driver she hailed to bring her to school. All the while the only real thing on her person was her Italian leather clutch tucked into a pocket of her blazer and the matching backpack with its contents.

Raven steps out of the Uber car in front of the Manhattan Academy, and stands there taking it all in a few moments. While her uniform was in keeping with the aesthetics of the original right down to the appropriate length of the skirt, it was noticeably a little tighter to her small form than others. Looking around at the other students arriving, Raven smirks as she thinks. I make this look good. Even though her eyes fall on a girl who has decided to forgo to regular uniform for a more fashionable ensemble.

But still, Raven thinks she looks the best.

Having fallen asleep late due to being an energetic person, and feeling overly excited about the idea of tomorrow, Ben woke up fearing he might have overslept. The sun creeping in through the blinders finally hit his eyes, and when he realized it had probably been a half hour or so since Simon had knocked on his door, Ben scurried upright, hair looking like a crow's nest. He looked at his alarm clock, and when realizing he still had plenty of time, he groaned in relief. He got up heading for the bathroom. The teen was sad to see Simon already gone, but the bike standing by the door made him pause, and tilt his head curiously. After a thorough look at it, he decided he shouldn't touch it, and simply moved on to the bathroom. Ben enjoyed bathroom time immensely. He could sing in the shower, and watch himself in the mirror for hours. Being alone in the apartment made Ben feel like he could freak out a little. He paused looking in the mirror, and shrugged with attitude.
"What?"
"What?"
"You know what!"
He grinned and went from looking like a thug to looking like a giddy school girl. "Hell, I do!"
Ben flicked his fingers, and shake senora started playing on the stereo from the night before. It wasn't his preferred music, but right now he was too happy to care. He shook and swayed his hips to the song while finishing up in the bathroom, perfecting his hygiene and looks as well as his latin american ballroom moves.
On his way out of the bathroom, not only did he bring his hairbrush with him as a pretend microphone, he created a line of Bens, who fully agreed on making a single man show towards his bedroom. Each Ben grabbed the others' shoulders to dance their way towards his bedroom, one rhythmic foot after the other.
As he put on the blue and white academy uniform, Ben heard Ben 1 saying "Dude, the shirt is supposed to be tucked in!" "I know! Go get me breakfast!" Ben replied waving the handsome copy of himself away.
Ben 2 stood in the corner lifting a black t-shirt saying "Is this supposed to be clean? It smells!"
Ours truly replied while tucking his shirt in "Put it down, go change music!"
"We need more detergent," Ben 3 notified, and turned towards his alter ego after watching Ben 1 leave for the kitchen, and Ben 2 head for the stereo to change song. Ours truly put the academy shoes on, and reached for the tie on the bed. "We're gonna be a superhero, man!" Ben heard the remaining copy of himself saying, and replied "I know! I'm so excited I don't think I can eat!"
Just then breakfast Ben returned saying with his thumb in the direction of the kitchen "Breakfast is already served."
Ben perked up "Oh, that's right! Simon said he would!"
Music Ben changed music to Guns and roses - paradise city, and as all the copies followed Ben to the kitchen, Ben 3 said playfully "Simon says!" Ours truly replied amused while sitting down "Eat breakfast!"

Even though Ben was having a lot of fun, he was sad to eat alone. No matter how many copies of himself he could make, it still didn't change the fact that he was alone.
All ready, and academy school bag somewhat packed for school, Ben headed for the door singing "Take me home to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!"
Turning to face his copies, who currently worked like a bunch of cheer leaders, Ben said smiling "Wish me luck!" His copies, who adored their alter ego, squeaked and cheered "Good luck, honey!" "Remember to eat your lunch!" "We'll be rooting for you!" "You rock!" Ben huffed a chuckle, and exited the apartment. The music was gone as well the copies, and after locking the door, Ben slid his way down the banisters of the stairs in the hallway singing "Taaaake...meeeee...hoooo-ooome! Yeeeeaaa-eaa-aaah!" He half jogged, half ran to school, dodging people, dogs and cars with ease and excitement.

Because of all his dancing, singing and running, Ben's clean cut uniform had already given up on the task of making Ben look square. His sleeves were folded, and his blazer had been left open to reveal the black tie matching his black hair. Standing by the gates Ben tried suppressing his excitement, but it only resulted in him looking thoroughly mischievous. He walked towards the entrance with the academy school bag over his left shoulder, not about to start a scene, like he really really, really, felt like doing.

He took note of people, and when seeing a colorful girl looking about for someone in the crowd, he paused. She looked interesting, he thought, and wondered whether she was new, like him, and if she had powers. She could also just be looking for her friends, but there was something about her. Something that said: I am new!
As Ben pondered about what powers she might have, he noticed another girl arriving by the gates in an Uber car. Her glowing confidence made Ben keep looking, and reconsider who to approach first. Ben wasn't turning seventeen until two months ahead, still he looked well defined and mature. He was clearly an outgoing person. Even though he knew no one of the many many teenagers around him, he didn't look at all insecure or worried.

Last edited:
Matt Murdock

15 hours ago

Matthew Murdock hated planes.

While the noises from the passengers and the plane itself help with his radar senses. The sheer amount of noises was giving him a headache. Which forced him to put something in his ears to try and block the noise. But that then caused his radar sense to be slightly blocked, and he didn't want something to happen and he was unable to do anything about it.

He thought about what had transpired to bring him to this point. As if this were a few days ago, he would've been able to not even get inside the airport due to his previous status as a homeless teen.

It was a week ago, after he had dealt with a small gang of thugs that were terrorizing a neighborhood for "protection" money. While he had dealt with all of them, he didn't emerge unscathed. A large number of soon-to-be bruises, a black eye and bloodied nose. He had retreated to the safety of a rooftop where he had practically laid on his back, waiting til he had caught his breath before he did anything. That is until he heard the sound of footsteps approaching him, his radar sense outlining the person once he got within range. Not wanting to be attacked while he was down, he had sprung up and threatened the man to identify himself.

While he question was not answered, the man instead offered Matt a lot of things. A home. A chance at proper education. A place to better learn about his abilities and use them to fight the bad guys. As the man had stated. During this, Matt listened carefully to the man's heart. Waiting for the telltale sign of an erratic heartbeat that meant he was lying.

Nothing. The heartbeat was calm. And while this could just mean the man was a master liar. He could be telling the truth. And so Matt accepted his offer.

First thing that happened that night, was Matt arriving at the hospital to get his injuries treated. Where he stayed for nearly five days. Then he was taken on a small shopping trip to get him properly dressed and a haircut. Among other things, before everything led up him getting on a plane an hour ago. Which brought him to now. It was a fifteen hour flight to New York. And after that it would be a drive to get to the apartment he would be staying. He may as well get some sleep...

The present

He had been picked up by the same man who had caused all of this to happen.

"You might be a little bit late, wasn't expecting the flight to be slowed down by turbulence." Was all he said during the drive.

As Matt kept quiet for the majority of the drive. Save for when he had asked. "So, where are we going?"

To which the man replied. "To the apartment. Can't show up in your everyday clothes to the academy."

Before long, they had arrived at the apartment where the man helped Matt to the room he was staying in.

13B

He memorized the path that had been taken to the room for later purposes. The man unlocked the door before handing Matt the key he had used as well as what Matt assumed to be the school uniform. "I'll be waiting in the car while you get dressed. And don't worry about your room. We'll be doing putting in the basics while you're at the academy." Without a word, Matt went into the apartment. His senses and his cane helped him navigate it without much issue. He found the bathroom and quickly went about changing his clothes. Keeping the sunglasses he had gotten during the shopping trip. Which had been described to be a dark red color which Matt liked the sound of.

After that was done. He made his way to where the two rooms were. It seemed one was already filled, which meant he had a roommate. He didn't mind. He placed his clothes on the floor in the empty one before making his way out the door.

And it was back to the quiet drive. Now it was off to the academy that he was to be attending.

Within minutes he was dropped off at the academy. He stood at the gates, letting his senses be filled with everything nearby. Wasn't long before he picked up footsteps. It seemed another student was just arriving. Wanting to make decent first impression, he decided to make first contact. As nerdy as that sounded.

Matt walked to up to the teen. He held out his hand for a handshake, shifting the cane to the other hand that wasn't being used for the handshake, while saying. "Hello, name's Matt. Kinda new here."

Last edited:
In the process of choosing the confident looking brunette, Ben started walking, but was interrupted by an odd boy. Ben stopped and frowned at the red tinted glasses. Again? Was this Simon pulling a prank on him? "Hi," Ben said anyway, and gave the male's hand a friendly shake. He noticed the cane and said with both of his hands in his pockets "I'm new here too. So, you waited for the first person to cross your path, huh? I don't judge. Can't be easy being blind. Or do you simply carry that thing around to attract chicks?" Ben grinned, wondering whether the boy would find him funny or rude.

Matt Murdock

Matt couldn't help but smirk slightly. "Didn't you know being blind is the new trend?" He joked slightly.

"So we're both new here. Want to go meet some of the other students, see who else is new? Maybe we can start a group called the 'Newbie Squad.'" He continued with a slight chuckle. Matt liked jokes, they helped alleviate the mood. Although he didn't mind being serious. Since the handshake was over, he moved the cane back to its original placement.

Part of him wondered what type of food the academy had. As he had skipped out on breakfast due to the fact the airplane version of the stuff was the equivalent of eating pure garbage disguised as food.

Ben huffed mildly amused at the quip. Standing by the boy named Matt Ben made sure to keep an eye on the confident girl he'd been aiming for earlier. He guessed she was either one of the popular students, or a rebel. Both attracted his interest. For the time being however, he was stuck in conversation with this oddball, who seemed to think 'Newbie squad' was something to call a group of people. Ben regarded the boy unimpressed. "...I guess I would have to do all the seeing, then?" he teased dryly. Changing his tone to a more friendly one, and looking at the crowd around them, including the two girls, he said "I've seen a lot of potentials," looking at Matt he said sternly "Though I refuse to name anything I'm in for the Newbie squad. Bad name." He was clearly teasing when finishing "Shame on you, blind boy!"

tony_by_itabia-d543blh.png

Character Sheet: Here
Mentioned: Reed ( @LocalAreaMan ), Classmates
Interactions: Pepper, His Machines, Reed
Outfit: School Uniform

As usual, Tony woke up to his alarm. The teenage groaned as her rolled over in his California king bed, wanting nothing more than to just skip today and continue sleeping. Still, Tony would not allow himself to succumb to his laziness. "Okay, that's enough," he spoke out loud, his alarm immediately coming to an end. "PEPPER," he continued, addressing the computer system he had wired throughout his penthouse. It was the same system installed on his Iron Man suit. "Let's start the day off with some nice music."

"Any requests?" PEPPER answered, her voice robotic yet feminine.

"No," Tony replied as he left his warm bed. "Just surprise me."

A few seconds later Back in Black was playing through his surround system. Tony nodded in approval as he walked to his bathroom, it was a good song for him to get ready to. To put him in the right mood for the day. One of his newer robots brushed his teeth for him while Tony styled his hair. A few minutes later he walked into his closet, the lights turning on as he entered.

Tony brisked past his personal clothes that he had enjoyed wearing over the summer, selecting one of the uniforms he had stored away in the very back. He hated the school uniform, and had tried to get out of it several times. Tony reasoned that he would look better wearing a suit to school anyways, but they declined his request. Sticklers. Though, maybe now that someone new was in charge of the school he could have another talk about it... wasn't any harm in trying.

Before leaving for the day Tony had a strawberry yogurt and two sliced of toast. He took his coffee with him, saying goodbye to PEPPER on his way out. PEPPER turned off his music once the door clicked shut behind him. Tony made his way to his beloved car, a black Ferrari. Of course Tony had previously attempted to install PEPPER into his car as well, but there were bugs he had to work out, and he'd been so wrapped up in making his suit better that he had just never gotten around to it. Something he would probably now prioritize in the coming weeks, for his drive to school.

As he pulled onto the main road Tony's phone synced up with his car, but Tony decided to just keep with what was playing on the radio. It was a newer pop song titles Friends, which wasn't usually his style. But, he was in an upbeat mood this morning, and so the music actually seemed appropriate for the time being. Through his Bluetooth he sent a simple message to Reed. One of his peers, and probably Tony's best friend.

To Reed: "Meet in front before class?"

It didn't take long for Tony to pull up to Manhattan University, parking near the front. He locked the doors as he exited his car, slinging his maroon backpack over one shoulder. In one hand he held his coffee, in the other his cell phone. He was scrolling through Instagram as he awaited a reply from his friend, his feed filled with pictures of models. Shocking, right?

He didn't look up much as he passed all his classmates, just enough to make sure he didn't run into anyone. A lot of new faces, Tony noticed, feeling slightly annoyed about the fact. He attended the prestigious school because he liked knowing the people around him were at least half as intelligent as he was. But, this year there seemed to be more new people than usual. Tony wondered if this had anything to do with the new dean... were they going to start letting average people in? He sure hoped not.

Tony stopped at the bottom of the stairs, leaning against a wall and sipping his coffee happily.

Reactions: Laivindur and Gands
Matt Murdock

Matt chuckled at the statement. "I assume you have a better idea for such a group?"

That was the one major downside to being blind, he couldn't see who exactly Ben was talking about. "Well, should we go and try to convince them to join the band?" He had said, while in his mind. He couldn't help but wonder when would class start. And of coarse the whole "Training and using your abilities to fight bad guys." As he doubted that would be included in the regular routine of classes. As that could attract a lot of attention.

Unless everyone else attending the school was in on that and they all had abilities and were crime fighters. He could picture the teacher lecturing in class. "Today's lesson will be on costume design." And everyone wearing goofy outfits. The thought made him chuckle slightly.

31270300_585987628454330_5806876014181089280_n.jpg

Character Sheet: Here

Mentioned: Tony & Gwen @Brea, Classmates

Interactions: Aunt May, Tony Stark

Outfit: School Uniform and Homemade Spider-Man costume

Queens, Present Day

It had been a pretty standard morning at the Parker household, despite Peter knowing his day was going to be anything but normal. On top of not knowing what kind of classes, or even 'secret projects' he would get into while attending Manhattan Academy, Peter had barely gotten any sleep the previous night. Though he didn't normally listen to whatever nonsense J. Jonah Jameson was spewing on his conspiracy show, there was a report that caught him off guard; rumors surrounding a mysterious lizard-man lurking in the sewers of New York born from OSCORP. Though Peter didn't want to believe it, he also couldn't shake off the striking similarities between the story and the current research of one Doctor Curtis Conners, a researcher working at OSCORP's genetics department who he learned a while ago was once a friend of his father. Peter spent all night binge-watching the slew of episodes Jonah had compiled on the 'lizard man', but wound up passing out from exhaustion around four in the morning before he could make any serious connections.

So, when his Aunt May came to wake him up at seven to get ready for school, Peter was a little more than exhausted. But after a cup of her special 'cinnamon hot cocoa', Peter was ready for the day. He knew that taking public transport would make him late considering how far the school was, so Peter decided to just swing over and change when he got there. He grabbed his backpack and got ready to leave, pulling his costume on over his uniform as he headed to the fire-escape. With a smile, Peter waved at his Aunt as she left to get ready for work.

"Have a good day, May."

"You too, Pete. Be sure to treat all the other super-kids with respect."

"Will do." he added as he donned his mask and leapt out the window, firing off a line as he swung over to the campus. Since it was the beginning of the week, not many pedestrians were used to seeing Spider-Man out and about when people were either heading to work or school, so he got more than a few comments shouted up at him as he passed.

"Hey Spidey!"

"Look; it's that menace!"

"Looking good, Spider-Man!"

"We love you, Web-head!"

"Thought you were nocturnal?"

"He's real, Mommy! Look!"

"GODAMNED FREAK!"

"Nice ass, Spider-Girl!"

"Wrong superhero, dude." Peter called down to the one creepy guy in the crowd.

This trend continued on for the entire trip, but Peter wasn't really paying attention. His mind was focused on other things; namely the aforementioned 'Lizard man' that possibly lurked beneath the streets. Did something happen with Dr. Conners' research? Was it like those spiders that gave Peter his powers? Did a lizard bite some poor man and mutate him into a hideous creature, or did OSCORP decide to forgo the human aspect of things and just make a really big reptile?

But before he knew what was going on, Peter found himself approaching the academy. That took quicker than expected, he thought. But as he approached, deciding to lower his swing so he was closer to the ground when it came time to stop, Peter noticed a limonene parked outside the school. His curiosity was perked, but before he could even think about who the vehicle belonged to, out stepped none other than Tony Stark.

His jaw dropped in shock. Tony Stark; the Billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. One of the smartest men on the planet, according to articles he read on the internet, and one of New York City's most famous celebrities; was a superhero? To say he was geeking out a little would have been an understatement. Howard Stark was one of his idols growing up and was a major reason behind Peter finding a love for science.

Unfortunately for Peter, his moment of distracted excitement led to him ignoring the tingling sensation in the back of his mind warning him about the parked vehicle he was about to crash into.

To anyone watching the event, they would have seen a man dressed in a red-hooded jacket swinging by a thin line of rope that seemed to come out of his wrist staring off at something in the distance before slamming head-first into the side of a car. The hooded man would have then recoiled from the impact, flipping backwards through the air for a few seconds before he fell limply onto the road, groaning in pain. If they recognized the figure as Spider-Man, it certainly wouldn't have been the first time something such as this had happened to the web-slinger (considering a viral video of him getting hilariously tossed aside a few feet into the air by a haywire crane machine he was attempting to stop. The title of the video was "Crazy Crane Bitch-Slaps Costumed Weirdo").

Thankfully there wasn't a dent in the vehicle, but Peter couldn't say the same thing about his head. However, he had triggered the car-alarm, which no doubt was starting to attract the attention of many students and pedestrians. He let out a few groans and slowly stood up, holding his head as he recovered from the pain. Before he did anything else, he knew he had to get out of there quickly and fired off another line of webbing, swinging just out of sight behind a nearby stack of apartment buildings.

Once he was in the alley, he landed and quickly took off his costume, wincing in pain a few times as he brushed past his various bruises, the largest of which was slowly forming on his forehead. He let out a deep sigh of embarrassment. So much for first introductions. Taking a minute to get himself recomposed, Peter stuffed his suit into his backpack and ventured out of the alley, heading over to the campus.

With a slightly awkward smile spread across his face, he passed by a group of students gathered around in front of the building. He noticed Tony standing there, seemingly waiting for somebody to show up, but decided to play his cool. He already ruined Spider-Man's introduction; he needed to make Peter Parker's at least half decent.

As he walked by the entrance of the school, Peter stopped just a few feet away from Tony, looking at the building before him. He waited a moment, considering what he should ask, before speaking up.

Looking at Tony, Peter said "Uh... Hi. Sorry to bother you, but do you know where the new students are supposed to go for orientation? All I know is that I'm supposed to be here, that's about it."

• Love
Reactions: Brea and Laivindur
Nico is reminded why she hated school. Why she was happy when she had an excuse to not go anymore. People congregating with those that are similar to themselves. She saw most of her school as nothing but a popularity club. And if you didn't fit in with the 'norm', then you were a pariah. And already she's starting to see that at this Academy. She spots some jocks… science nerds… class clowns… the princess cheerleader pulling up in an Uber ride…

Perhaps Nico is jumping to conclusions, based on about 5 minutes of observation. Maybe she's jumping the gun and making assumptions of people she has no right to make assumptions about.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

She was considered out of the loop in her own school once upon a time. She was classified as the 'goth emo lolita chick'. None of which is true, really. Not in Nico's eyes. Despite the fact there was that sort of crowd at her school (she went to school in Malibu, there's a bit of everything there), she stayed away from them. She pretty much stayed away from everyone.

Stuck up. Snotty. Self centered. Egotistical. Vamp. All words used to judge her, despite the fact they had never spoken a word to her. So she has a little baggage because of that. But this could be different. This has to be different. None of her friends are here… and that's okay. She can manage alone. She has been for a while now.

Nico reaches back into one of the side pockets of her black leather backpack, and pulls out a small pair of shades. She slips them on, the rounded lenses only big enough to conceal her eyes. She reaches up then and tugs on the front rim of her hat to ensure it's secure.. and then she starts to move closer to the crowd. And as she does, her hand dips into the pocket of her blazer. She slips onto her thumb the ring that is in the pocket. It's a discrete little ring, but one with a barbed end. One she can use to prick herself quickly if she needs to.

From the corner of her eyes she sees Spider-Man hit a car… but she is discrete in watching that. Wow… this place is creepy weird. Says the girl that practices witchcraft. In her pocket, she presses the barbed end of her ring into her palm, but not enough to draw blood. Is this an attack, or just a dope that can't fly right? Spidey gets up groggy as the car alarm goes off, and quickly speeds away. Nico shakes her head a little. Can't fly, got it. She doesn't know who he is, or why he was dressed like that. But perhaps the other students knew, they all probably live around here. He's probably some cordial local flying on a string person. Thing.

Her eyes draw towards Simon… then in the general direction of Matt and Ben. Her gaze lingers on them, noticing the cane and the way Matt isn't ever looking directly at Ben, though they are clearly having a conversation. The kid can't see. Peter gets her attention as he runs passed them, jogging towards the rich boy. She doesn't know who Tony Stark is…she doesn't know who any of them are. But Stark pulled up in a decked out ride, and he carries himself like one of those spoiled rich kids. And she knows all about spoiled rich kids, since she is one herself. Takes one to know one, and all that. Her gaze then draws towards the cheerleader, Raven. The perfect beauty, probably already planning who she's going to hook up with and make popular with her. Goddess she hates girls like that. Preppy pretty things without an ounce of brainpower in their heads.

But no judgement here, right?

She stops about 15 feet away from Ben and Matt, her hands tucked into the pockets of her blazer. She doesn't say anything, her dark colored features showing a neutral expression. But it's obvious, based solely on body language, she would rather be somewhere else right now. Her gaze still drifts along the students, trying to figure out who belongs where in this little school of weirdos.

Ben smiled down at the boy, finding him too adorable to abandon anytime soon. Seeing the girl with the small hat coming closer, and looking a little out of place, Ben stepped back and gestured for her to come over. "Hey, you gotta listen to this. This guy's hilarious. Hear him out!" With his hands still inside his pockets, Ben proceeded to nudge Matt's arm a little with his elbow, and said "She's new. Tell her about Squad Newbie." Ben was aware he might be pushing Matt into a rather uncomfortable position, though he was curious to see how witty Matt could be.