Martini and Salsa 1.5: Sent a spy to catch a break

He walked with her and though over her answer. "What about the fact that the Swiss need to maintain neutrality? If there is a major incident at the resort they could get dragged into things they do not want to be a part of." he said looking at her. "Despite the fact that hey have one of the best trained militarys in the world they are known for staying out of things."

He smiled. "How and why would they start something like that? And why in the Bahamas of all places?" he leaned down and placing his hand lightly on her cheek softly pressed his lips into the other. "You're right though."

Cynthia smiled softly, being right not having much to do with it. The affection Josh showed to her made her feel so happy, surprisingly so. "Doesn't everyone want a vacation home in the tropics?" she teased in response, though she was giving his question some real consideration.

Not knowing why they were there or what was going on, Cynthia found herself surprised when they started entering the base to the statue to the small museum where many historic items were placed to tell the story of the land of the free. "You haven't told me why we are here yet." Cynthia seriously doubted he forgot and she wondered.

He stopped on front of a plaque which said no one had been in the torch since 1916 and leaned against her slightly. "The Swiss because they keep their noses clean of major international conflicts. Someone needs to run it and who better than those who won't use the information to their own ends or take sides in incidents." he said ignoring her question. "And you are partially right. Because its a third world country out of the way that a lot of foreigners go to and won't look amiss in."

He smiled down at her. "Now why do you think we're here, lets see if you can guess." he was walking again mounting the stairs and heading upwards while fumbling for a keycard in his pocket. He pressed it into a gate near the shoulder of the statue and stepped though closing it behind them and walking up more stairs. "I promised you dinner and instead you had vodka with one of my contacts. So..." he placed his handle on the door of the torch and pushed it open he reveal the balcony, a table, two chairs, a picnic basket, and a food cover under which was a double portion of New York's finest spaghetti. "I called in a favor. Thought you deserved something... unique, just like you."

"Hidden in plain sight," Cynthia muttered, understanding that sometimes that was the easiest way to do something. She was glad he had finally gone back to the question she had asked earlier, though as they continued the idea seemed somewhat far fetched.

Farfetched or not when Josh opened the door Cynthia was truly and honestly surprised. She looked at the table and then looked at Josh. "This definitely makes up for the missed dinner," Cynthia was giddy, but she was trying to stay somewhat calm. "This is amazing!"

As they walked over to the table Cynthia looked up at the top of the torch, smiling, and neatly hugging Josh's arm. To say Cynthia was impressed would be missing the point. She was indeed mesmerized by the place, both for the view and for the complete rarity of being up there, but just as much as all of that she was alone with Josh, without any chance of interruptions. For a few more hours the vacation got to continue.

Josh wasn't one to force a kiss, he knew he could get one if he tried but the moment didn't seem right, not yet. "I'm glad you like it. Its as close to isolated as you can get in the city and not have t go past armed guards." he moved to put both arms around her. Then stepped over the the rail and looked towards the city. "So we're alone for a few hours, with a meal and a great view. What better place to see in the sunset and what better person to share it with." he shook his head. "I really have fallen for you, and this is my way of making up for not being able to tell you so.. what now?" He looked down at her and smiled a small smile. "About us."

Cynthia looked up at Josh, if she could be any happier she thought she might burst. She then took one of his hands and moved it so she could step out of his embrace, though she didn't relinquish the hand. "Us."

Leading Josh back to the table, a little lost for words but not in affection, Cynthia went to peak inside the picnic basket. Eventually she would find her voice again and they would talk, but for the moment she didn't need a lot of words, after all each time she looked at him she couldn't help but smile.

It was her smile that got to him. "Yes, Us." he let go of her hand and began unpacking the basket. Sharing a meal and talking about their future together. Together. He liked the sound of that. They were in a world where trust was worth more than gold and weakness exploited without mercy. But here they were, no feelings hidden, the sun getting low in the sky, and taking hold of her hand again he raised it to his lips.

Two spies, finding love, forming a relationship. It just wasn't done but that was a concern for tomorrow. Tonight, tonight it was a man taking a woman on a date. And to hell with Daddy, the agency and the secret world they shared. Tonight was about making her smile.