Mango Drama

"Stupid witch..."Hideo thought to himself, after Ukiuki skipped away. He was now alone in Rie's bedroom. Everyone else had filtered out into the main quarter of the apartment. Hideo then shut the door, allowing the girls to believe that he didn't want to show himself doing work in front of them. Of course, that being said, Rie would have been the only one to know that he was a little more cunning than he let on. After all, that was the best way to confuse both allies and foes, alike.

"Oh well, I'll take care of this bullshit and then I'll spring out of this joint. Too many demanding women in one spot. I can handle Tomoko....But not this many. They'll all try to hurt me...And I don't wanna be smacked around anymore than I have to be."

Hideo then snapped his finger and the bed seemingly made itself. While he was by no means a magic user like most of Rie's other characters, he knew a few charms here and there. All the better to make a quick escape from this joint. Hideo then walked over to the window closet to Rie's bed. Upon opening it, he saw a busy suburban street. Rie apparently lived on the second story of an apartment.

3347243022_4cc3cc7f92.jpg

He smirked and as quickly as he could, he removed the old screen, so that he could crawl out of it and then leap to freedom.

"Let the gals keep that chick happy. I have orders from the top to find the Codexes, not baby sit yet another girlie girl."

Hideo pulled out his pair of glasses and donned them on his face. Taking a quick glance back, making sure that there wouldn't be anyone around to stop him, Hideo then leaped from the second story window onto the street below him.

Trying to walk on the air was more difficult on this world, than back in the world of Antuarana. He was only able to stay steady for a few moments. Hideo then fell on his butt as soon as he reached nearly five feet off the ground. Luckily, since he was in Japan after all, no one really bothered to wonder how he had walked on air in the first place.

"Dammit. Hideo said, as he stood up and rubbed his butt. "Looks like I won't be pulling that stunt again for a while."

Hideo then brushed himself off and then straightened his tie and glasses. Standing up straight as well, he all the suddenly looked more professional than back in the apartment. Looking back up, he took a mental picture of what the apartment looked like. Waving his hand goodbye, Hideo was now loose on the streets of the city....

Makoto didn't even bother leaving a voice mail. If Rie wasn't answering she probably had a good reason, but just to make extra sure after her shift was up she was going to march over to that girl's place and give her a what for with the frying pan.

"Shinji! Make sure you clean that pan extra well, it's goin' on a mission with Mama..." She said as she cracked her knuckles and an evil grin washed over her face. She was going to keep that girl in line and her little friend that lived with her was going to get a taste of cast iron too!

As she returned to the floor her grin turned sweet as she took the plates out to the customers. "And if there's anything else you need just let me know~ Tee hee!" She giggled and made sure she was as chipper and upbeat for the customers.

"I'm sorry I'm not more of a cook." Satomi watched Namida from the wooden chair she was sitting on, a small apologetic smile on her lips as she leaned gently onto the counter. She tried to pay attention to what the young girl was doing, but found herself still rather distracted even though the phone had stopped ringing. She was listening to everything with a paranoid interest.

"Why is Rie having a hard time?" Satomi asked Ukiuki before quickly throwing a hand up and walking away. She glanced back at the bedroom door, frowning. A thought had occurred to her, and she didn't like the direction it was heading in. She rubbed her temple, uncertain if she wanted to know, and moved towards the bedroom. Hideo had better be…well, napping, for all she cared. He had just better be in that room.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Nothing in the room had really changed except for three things: the bed was made, the window was cracked open, and Hideo was gone. She cursed under her breath. This wouldn't have happened if Tomoko was here.

<o:p> </o:p>
"Hideo Kami!" Satomi shouted out the apartment window; she saw him striding down the street, self-satisfied – as if he was getting away with something. The woman made quick movements out the window and down the fire-escape.

Otomo Kisei watched as a man floated unsteadily to the ground. The young student wasn't close enough to see the outcome, but he assumed that the floatation was just a figment of the distance between the two men.

Why in the hell would a man jump out of a second story window.
Kisei's family was no stranger to drama, and on that family instinct he continued on: Perhaps that woman's husband came home?

Of course, it was always in his family's best interest if he kept out of people's home life, even if a man had fallen out of a second story window. The 20 year old hadn't stepped thrice into the threshold of the alleyway when he suddenly found himself in the dust, glasses scrapping across the ground.

"My apologizes there, my friend." Hideo said. He had run into Otomo Kisei upon hearing the voice of Satomi coming from several yards away. It seemed that his free reign was soon going to come to an end. However, since he had just more or less ran into this poor gentleman, Hideo did what was honorable and extended his hand to help Otomo up.

"Say, I feel bad for what I did." He said, while patting the back of his; now acting somewhat flustered. "Was in the need to get away from my sister's party, so of course, I took the eccentric way out. If a lady with long black hair comes this way, she's one of my sister's friends or...You know. How about I treat you for a beer or something."

He didn't really wait for Otomo to respond to the offer, Samoti was coming and he'd rather not deal with a grumpy teammate. Samoti was one of the newer characters that Rie had created for her graphic novel, The Witch's Codex and within their homelands, that meant that she had just joined up a few months earlier. The sideplot had mentioned that she had developed an interest in Hideo some years back and when he and Tomoko went back to his home village, she had decided to join up with them both. Hideo had known her from training from his Sensei.

Studying Otomo's face for a moment, Hideo gathered that this guy must be a serious sort, so Hideo stepped up his game a little.

"My name is Yamamoto-san by the way."

Rie was spending more time in the shower than she usually did. Having water pour onto her head helped her remember what was real and what wasn't. At the same time, those thoughts confused her. The characters she created for a story were living, breathing humans in her living room! Knowing her luck, there were probably some running a muck in the city, too. For all she knew, there could be villains set free as well. That worried her more than Hideo trying to have sex with every pretty woman he saw. Some of those bad guys she created were rotten to the core. She didn't want people to die or get hurt all because of a wish she made whilst drunk and depressed.

"Shimatta!" she swore under her breath, scrubbing vigorously at her scalp. Luckily for her, this was the weekend. She had homework to do, but maybe she could make a schedule. While everyone was asleep, she could get some work done! That's what she could hope for, anyway.

The shower was shut off when she realized how long she was spending in the bathroom. Hastily, she dried her hair and her body, her sleepy eyes blinking repeatedly in the mirror. Rei was a pretty girl, yet she never could believe it. Not enough people complimented her. At least people liked her art and writing. That was something she grew to be quite proud of.

Rei pulled on a brown knee length skirt, a teal t-shirt with a collar and a vest with those same colours, but with diamond patterns to make it more stylish. To complete her outfit, she pulled on a pair of teal knee high socks. The way she dressed wasn't necessarily girly... It did suit her, though. Plus, she felt comfortable in this attire. It was modest, yet had a certain charm to it.

After brushing her hair, she exited her bedroom to meet the others in the kitchen. To her dismay, her home was minus two people: Hideo and Satomi. Instead of complaining, she greeted the others with a friendly smile, letting them know she was feeling better than she did earlier. Perhaps she'd ask where Hideo went later on... Knowing how those characters were, Satomi ran after him to try and bring him back.

He did it again. Taken off without warning and left the group just to get his way! What was Hideo trying to do!? For once – just once! – couldn't he just stay with the group? Hasn't that man ever heard of teamwork? The chase wasn't fun anymore; his sense of freedom had become an annoyance. Satomi frowned as she jogged up to the two young men.

When Satomi met Hideo for the first time - the stories that had travelled back to the village - he was a sort of hero. Someone she had fantasized about meeting, childish day-dreams of falling in love, and no longer watching the budding hero train from behind a screen. Hideo was the reason that she had trained so hard! To become better, stronger, faster. She wanted to impress him; she yearned for his approval – a sign of his affection. And when he came back to the village, oh, her dreams were on their way of coming true! Things were going to fall into to place; she was going to get her happy-ever-after.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
But Hideo wasn't what her day-dreams presented.

<o:p> </o:p>
Satomi went along, anyway – something inside of her still longing for his love. Maybe it was his boyish charm or, when the time called for it, his valor. It didn't matter. She knew what she felt.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Hideo sighed when Satomi had asked him what he was going to be doing. "I was going to take my new friend here out on a drink...But if you have any issues with that I guess I shouldn't." Hideo said with a boyish grin on his face.

He then moved his arms behind his back and discreetly slid a metallic object down to his wrist. Hideo maintained his youthful smile as the sound of a clock begain to tick. Within a matter of seconds a dome of grey green had formed around he and Satomi. Hideo had used one of the Codex artifacts he had on him, the Singularity Toki. The world around them began to wind down to a virtual stand still. Otomo was outside of this dome with the same confused face frozen in place. Hideo and Satomi were now within a greyspace, or the voids that are present in all realties that all unused memories or thoughts go.

punk1.jpg

"I can't use up all of my energy with this Codex, so I'm going to make it quick." Hideo said while removing his glasses. His brown eyes staring directly at Satomi. "It's one thing that we got to this world through the help of that witch. However, both her and Rie are hundred perfect convinced that we are little more than figments of their overactive imaginations. Not to be rude to either of them, but since I know that there is a Codex somewhere nearby, I'm going to take my chances of finding it."

The counter on his clock face began to beep. "You're the best trained fighter in this group right now and it'd be for the better if you were the one to stick around with the princess in case any of the wizard's minions somehow figured out to break the void like we did. As well, you are the best person in our little trope that can get people to reveal hidden secrets. Since that Rie girl seems to be suffering from shock, see if you can try to get as much knowledge about her "story" from her as possible. The possibility of her being an oracle of sorts seems rather high to me."

He then placed his glasses back on and the world around the bubble created by the watch started to move again.

"Though, it's all up to you. I'm still going to travel with his dude and see if I get a better layout of this large village and therefore have an easier time tracking where the Codex here is. And knowing our luck, it'll be the big one."

"Large village? This is the biggest city in Japan!" Otomo said as he searched for his glasses. He seemed to ignore the Codex-thing that Hideo spoke about. Company politics?

Perhaps for a dressed up bumpkin he's gotten his way in life.
Groping into the street, he managed to grasp his spectacles as a bicycle skimmed his knuckle. Kisei stood, pushing them on then proceeding to wipe dust off of his trousers.

"As it stands... A drink, you owe me that much. How are you unharmed after such a fall?"

Satomi didn't know what to say. Hideo had made a good point, and she hated to admit that he could be remotely right about the Codex, but leaving him alone in – oh, what did that man call it? Oh right! – a city with a complete stranger? And what if they weren't the only ones to come through here? She didn't like the idea of letting him go alone. If something happened, no one would know.

She debated with herself for several seconds, frowning. Finally, her head snapped up in a decision. Her lips were pursed in a sort of pout, defeat settling in her eyes.

"Don't wander off too far." Her voice was hard, an unusual calm. "And stay in contact." Satomi started to turn around, but paused, staring at Hideo and then at his new companion.

"Be safe." She kissed Hideo. A quick, fleeting kiss before she sprinted towards the directions of the apartments.

[DASH="#36DBCA"]
[align=left]ⓝ ⓐ ⓜ ⓘ ⓓ ⓐ[/align]
[DASH="#36DBCA"]
Namida dropped the eggs into a bowl, expecting them to crack themselves. When the shells remained in tact, she smashed the tops with the back of a large spoon and watched as the yolk oozed out. She giggled, carefully picking the pieces of shells out of the gooey mess and topping them onto the counter.

She dumped in a handful of sugar and poured in a whole mesh of syrup. As soon as Satomi had left, Namida had begun to get a little messy. She opened the fridge and pulled out a whole loaf of bread, taking one slice at a time and piling them up on a plate. She spun the eggs and the sugar in the bowl with her spoon and set a pan on the stove. She poured oil onto the pan generously, waited for it to the heat up on the flame and then, sprung into action.

She dipped the toasts into the egg mush and slapped them onto the pan, frying them until brown. She repeated this until she'd done the entire batch. The last couple ones were looking better than the first few.

"FRENCH TOAAAASTTT FOR BREAAAKFASST!" she called cheerfully, "Hideo! you set the table!"

Namida hopped out of the kitchen with a large plate stacked with french toast dripping with maple syrup (she'd taken the liberty to pour that over the pile, too!)

"Just pretend they're pancakes, okay? Hideo hates them extra sweet," she mumbled to Ukiuki, grinning at Rei, who seemed fresh and livelier than before.

She was dressed really nicely so Namida let the thought slide. Isn't she too modest? she wondered with a shrug. Maybe her creator was conservative in her dress code. Who knew? Namida giggled to herself and put the plate on the table and went for the plates and forks.
[/DASH]
[/DASH]