Maidens of the Frost

W

Wolfsbane706

Original poster
Remember that idea I had a couple months ago about a group of magical girls that all shared an element? Well, I'm resurrecting it, only inverted. Instead of the girls all sharing fire, this time they're all falling under Ice as their element.

Original Maidens topic said:
Under normal circumstances, your typical crew of magical girls never share elements. You get one for ice, one for wind, one for earth, etc. But what happens when you take a group and give them all the same element? Well, a curious little sprite has decided to find out. What could possibly go wrong?

A LOT!

So, here's a little bit more for backstory: Magical girls don't really fight interdimensional abominations or anything like that. They mostly just fight each other. Turf wars, if you will. Some groups are naturally stronger than others, but it's generally all fun and games. Anyone kills someone, they have their powers revoked. Non-negotiable, according to the sprites. As I said above, the sprites normally never give any two magical girls (on their team) the same element, but one sprite housed in a small town up north has decided to conduct an experiment. There's nothing in the "rulebook" stating that his girls can't all share an element, so why not give them all the same element?

Given that his group made their little "base" (if you can call it that) in an ice rink, the sprite decided to give them all the element of Ice. Past that? Shenanigans ensue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Blighted_Agent
Could be interesting, but I'd like to know more about the plot before committing to anything.

• Thank You
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Are you looking for an overarching plot or an underlying backstory?

Both, preferably. o3o Really, any other info or plans that you have would be good.

Both, preferably. o3o Really, any other info or plans that you have would be good.
There's no overarching story besides "these magical girls all share a single element and shenanigans ensue". The underlying story is basically that a sprite responsible for handing out powers wanted to experiment.

That's pretty much it.

There's no overarching story besides "these magical girls all share a single element and shenanigans ensue". The underlying story is basically that a sprite responsible for handing out powers wanted to experiment.

That's pretty much it.

Hmm. Well, I'll keep an eye on this RP and see what becomes of it as it develops.

• Thank You
I like the idea... But I kinda need some more to go off from XD Just my personal preference I will keep an eye on it though~

Like last time, Magical Girls are love and life, and so I will join. Expect a CS in the style of the original soon.
Thanks for bringing it back!

• Love
I like the idea... But I kinda need some more to go off from XD Just my personal preference I will keep an eye on it though~
I never really meant for the RP to take itself seriously. I'll see what I can whip up, though.

Reactions: Etrenelle
Profile here. Spoilers so as not to clutter.
[spoili]Name - Ionasviel Seidel
Nickname - Iona
Age - 17

Lifestyle

Personality

Background

Appearance

Everyday - [spoili][/spoili]
Transformation - [spoili]
mift.png
[/spoili]

Capabilities

Theme Songs

Transformation Sequence
[/spoili]
Will gradually update with what's missing, just want to get something rolling.

Profile here. Spoilers so as not to clutter.
[spoili]Name - Ionasviel Seidel
Nickname - Iona
Age - 17

Lifestyle

Personality

Background

Appearance

Everyday - [spoili][/spoili]
Transformation - [spoili]
mift.png
[/spoili]

Capabilities

Theme Songs

Transformation Sequence
[/spoili]
Will gradually update with what's missing, just want to get something rolling.
With a name like Iona and you're not using an image of Arpeggio Iona? Shame. Anyway, I'm gonna edit in something of a more fleshed-out backstory into the OP. Kindly save your character profiles for after I put up the sign-ups thread, but feel free to finish them.

OP updated! If the backstory seems half-assed, that's because it is. I tried to make everything fit together properly, but I didn't want to go too deep into detail or I'd end up making it too long.

• Thank You
Reactions: Blighted_Agent
Mmm. So will the RP be focused around turf wars with neighboring magical girl teams?

Mmm. So will the RP be focused around turf wars with neighboring magical girl teams?
Along with the carnage and chaos caused by a group of magical girls all wielding ice powers. Like I said, lighthearted stuff.

Also, I'm fully expecting at least one figure skater even if I have to make her myself, which I most likely will.

As far as I know, I only have one interested person with two others undecided. I'd like at least 4 others interested (not undecided) before I make the sign-ups thread proper.