lxngdon + leilani

Status
Not open for further replies.
a n n i s t o n
"Yeah, it's just ... " Anniston had not spoken about her social issues with anyone but Winona for a long time. It was something she usually kept to herself, for two reasons; it was hard for her to strike up conversations with anyone, and she literally had no one else to walk to but her best friend. Most people left her alone, and she liked it that way. But Cedric was different. He was the kindest, warmest person she had ever acquainted with over a short period of time, and she wanted to be friends with him. Talking to him was easy for her.

"I don't go to parties, ever," she said, sitting down on a marble bench in the courtyard. She looked up at him with her huge brown eyes. He was so tall. "I don't really go anywhere with lots of people, except for class and meals, obviously. Large crowds give me headaches, and I always feel really nervous. I prefer to be alone, or with Winona, or ... with you. You're nice to me." She felt her cheeks heat up, blushing furiously, and she looked down at her chipped nail polish and bitten fingers.
r o n
Ron smiled. "Sure." He lead her onto the dance floor. It was an upbeat tune, not a slow song, so instead of waltzing with Calypso he took one of her hands and twirled her.

Harry, Luna, Hermione and Neville joined them in their little space in the dance floor. "Seamus is passed out in the yard!" Harry laughed as he told Ron. "He snuck some Firewhisky in!"

Ron laughed too. Hermione slapped both of their arms. "Ronald Weasley, you are a prefect! And he could get into serious trouble."

"Hermione, he'll be fine, Professor Flitwick found him. He's cool." Harry turned to Calypso. "I hope Ron hasn't been a lax date. If not, I'll jinx him for ya."

c a l y p s o

Calypso smiled as they got onto the dance floor, happy for a rather upbeat tune. Her attention was pulled when Harry revealed Seamus and the firewhisky had stolen the night and she smirked slightly.

"Don't worry about it, Ron's been quite the gentleman." She told Harry with a hintof sarcasm, though her words held nothing but truth.

"Although now that you mention firewhisky I do wish I had a bottle with me," she added thoughtfully, wishing she had thought to sneak some in. She'd have been much more careful with it than Seamus at least.​

c e d r i c

Cedric walked alongside her patiently, listening to her, till she sat downmand he stood in front of her, peering down at her as she spoke. He smiled a little when she said she now enjoyed walking with him and he was about to respond when a familiar voice broke his attention.

"Cedric!"

The brunette turned around to face Alex who was bounding over to the two of them. He apparently hadn't noticed the pair walking in, but it was clear he had now. His date was in tow, not nearly as enthusitic.

"I didn't know you had a date." Alex said with a smirk, nudging his friend in the elbow.

Cedric hesitated, glancing at Anniston apologetically before looking back to Alex. "Uhh, yeah, this is Anniston. She's in our year." He explained, introducing the two.

"Pleasure to meet you," Alex said with a smirk. "If Cedric's been a sour date, as he usually is nowadays, I'd be happy to step in."

Cedric scoffed and Alex's date let out a muffled noise and looked just about ready to storm off.

a n n i s t o n

Anniston smiled meekly at Alex and shot the boy's date an apologetic look. She felt bad that her date was ignoring her. Anniston would have died if someone had have done that to her.

"Cedric has been lovely to me," she assured Alex, standing up besides Cedric. She still had a slight headache so she put her hand on Cedric's arm to steady herself. "Best date ever. I love your dress," she added to Alex's date. "You look lovely."

r o n

The event was coming to a close. Ron twirled Calypso one last time as the song ended and McGonagall announced that the prefects were to attend to their duties. Ron smiled down at Calypso.
"Thanks for coming with me. I had a wonderful time." He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, before leaving to round up the first years.

c e d r i c

Unable to hide it, Cedric let out a small chuckle at Anniston's response to Alex, mainky because he knew that the male wasn't expecting those words. Rather amused by Alex's expression soon after, he leaned against the lampost behind him as he watched Anniston converse with Alex's date.

"See you back in the Commin Room, Ced," Alex said after a moment, glancing at his date and then steering her off. Cedric chuckled some more. "I think he had a little too much firewhisky." He said once the pair had disappeared.

c a l y p s o

Smiling, she nodded. "My pleasure." She told him, her cheeks getting coloured slightly as he bent to kiss her cheek before he was off. She watched him go for a moment before turning around and seeing other people heading off to their common rooms, she started walking toward the stairs as well, though instead of taking the turning to the Gryffindor common room,she decided instead to sneak off to the owlery for a bit.

a n n i s t o n

"It's fine," said Anniston. She hugged herself tightly; she was starting to feel the chilly air. "I think he was a bit mean to his date, though. He shouldn't have said that to me in front of her. I probably would have jumped off the Astronomy tower if someone had have done that to me." She shivered at the thought.

Anniston turned and smiled at Cedric. "Thank you," she said sincerely. "For being so nice to me tonight. You didn't need to do that. This was the first party I've been to that I liked."
r o n
Ron had successfully delivered the first-years to the common room. He now trudged up the stairs to his dorm and slumped on his bed without changing out of his dress robes. He was so tired.

"Did you have a nice time, Ronald?" Harry asked in a quiet, bemused voice through the dark.

Ron grunted in affirmation as he slowly drifted off to sleep.​

c a l y p s o

Upon sending a letter, the blonde sat up among the winged creatures and looked at the night sky as various owls came in or left for the night. The nocturnal birds were wide awake for the night and probably off hunting. One familiar snowy owl came forward upon recognising her and dropped a rat by her feet, as if boasting about her kill and Calypso couldn't help but smirk.

After a bit, she left, and avoiding Filch, she made her way to the common rooms. Hardly bothering to change, she collapsed onto the bed and drifted off.

c e d r i c

He nodded slightly at her words. "Yeah, Alex can be a bit impulsive. Guess that goes to show that not all Hufflepuff are exactly nice people." He chuckled softly. Alex was a good guy, but he could be a real prick sometimes. Then again, who couldn't?

"I'm glad you had a good night. I did too so really, I should thank you." He said with a smile and took her hand before planting a small kiss on the back of her palm. "See you tomorrow in class then." He told her with a smile. Hearing Caleb calling, he reatreated back a few steps, waving before joining his friends on the way to their common room.​

r o n

Ron was unbelievably tired the next day. He actually skipped breakfast, not of his own free will, but because Harry was unable to wake him up in time to go. Harry eventually managed to drag Ron out of his bed five minutes before they needed to be in Transfiguration. Ron threw on the first robes he laid his hands on and followed an angry Harry out of the common room.

"I cannot believe this, Ronald," Harry seethed as they half-ran to their class. You didn't want to be late for McGonagall. "Not only have we missed breakfast, we're also probably going to be la--"

"Oh, shut up, Harry, you sound like Hermione." They arrived at class with a minute until the bell. They sat at their usual desk; Calypso on the end, then Ron, then Hermione, then Harry. Ron slumped on the desk in exhaustion as he sat. "Morning, ladies."
a n n i s t o n
This was the worst thing to have ever happened.

Winona was hungover.

She had somehow managed to score some Firewhiskey. Anniston was half disgusted with her friend and half agonised by the redhead's bedridden state; she refused to come to class. After begging Winona to get out of bed for a solid half hour, Anniston eventually gave up and made her way to Herbology. She skipped breakfast because she felt too sick to eat anything.

She had never attended a class without her best friend. Who would she sit with? Who would she talk to? What if she had to work with someone else? Winona was the backbone of Anniston's social life, and now that she was gone, Anniston felt utterly naked and alone. She considered ditching herself.

Anniston stepped into the greenhouse and the first thing she saw was Cedric, sitting with his Hufflepuff friends. The memories of the night before flooded into Anniston's mind. Would he let her sit with him today? Could she handle sitting with his friends? One way to find out.

She walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Um, hi," she said quietly, clutching her books to her chest. She was visibly terrified. "Um, Winona's sick today ... do you mind if I, um, sit with you? I don't know anyone else ..."

c a l y p s o

Calypso herself had woken up late. Hermione had apparently tried non stop to wake her up for breakfast before eventually giving up and leaving. It was only when Shadow, her familiar, jumped on her, did she wake up. She needed to feed him and that was the only time he would disturb her. She had managed to do so while dresing up hastily and getting to class luckily before most arrived, and soon enough, Harry and Ron joined them, semingly late as well.

"Morning," she replied, panting slightly from having rushed there minutes before them. "Looks like you guys didn't wake up either."

c e d r i c

Cedric had gotten up and gone to breakfast and then class as usual. turned out Alex had some firewhisky the previous nght which explained his behaviour. Nonetheless he realised it was no ecuse, and as long as he understood that, Cedric had nothing much to say about it.

As students filed in, he kept his eyes peeled for familiar faces. Or rather, one familiar face. And soon enough he noticed her, as she came over to him, which he was slightly surprised by.

"Oh," he nodded with a smile. "Yeah, of course." He told her as he scooted aside a little so she had place to sit.​

r o n
"Ron didn't wake up," said Harry accusingly. Ron flipped him off but sat up when Professor McGonagall entered the room. She gave the class their work for the day and allowed them to begin.

"This is stupid," said a tired Ron. "Explain to me the purpose of trying to change Calypso's hair?" he asked Harry as he tried to make Hermione a blonde. "Calypso, do me a favour and just change your hair colour so I can get an A."

"I'm watching you, Mr Weasley."

"Sorry, Professor."

a n n i s t o n
Anniston gave Cedric a grateful smile as she sat down. She was so glad he had let her sit. She would have died if she had to sit next to someone she didn't know. Well, she barely knew Cedric, but he was nice to her.

Professor Sprout instructed the class to correctly prune the poisonous rose bushes she had set out before them. Anniston slipped on her protective gloves and got straight to work. "Do you like Herbology?" she asked Cedric.​

Status
Not open for further replies.