LvL UP! (7.39 x Neko_Green)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Original poster
Ophelia sat snuggled in the corner of her small closet, her phone resting by her foot while her miserable excuse of a laptop was balanced carefully on her knees. The young girl's desktop was a mess of files ranging from her spreadsheets to game data. Right now she occupied her time her time scrolling through the LvL UP! forums. It was a tedious job, but how else was a girl going to make decent money without selling their body nowadays or pulling teeth by attending college?

NEW EXPLOIT?!!!

Her tired emerald eyes glazed over the title, catching that it was a relatively old thread only recently bumped from the grave. Letting out a sigh said "Let's rip this band-aid off" she clicked. Ophelia narrowed her eyes as she read through the comments, a vast majority of them being the original author defending this exploit from other players. The majority of them were the typical git gud scrub that you would see in any community with a hint of competition.
Hey guys! I tried out this exploit today and it still 100% works! Mostly with the item replacement thing, though it's still pretty RNG. I suggest gathering a bunch of rusted swords so that way if you get something garbage you didn't lose anything, but I noticed that the better of an item the risk the better the reward you may get. Still, I say be patient and stick with the rusted swords. #PlaySafeNotSorry!

The latest comment seemed a bit abrupt; this thread must've been buried deep in the archives and with how crappy the search system was it was near impossible to find. She clicked her tongue and pushed the whole ordeal into the back of her head. She didn't need exploits, nor was she willing to risk something backfiring on her, after all, something must've happened to the original poster's account since it was terminated. A rarity in the community. Ophelia resumed her mindless scrolling; it wasn't until her phone buzzed that she was brought back to the real world.

For a brief moment, her anxiety flared, had they already found out her new phone number? Where she lived? The phone went off again, three seconds later once more, within a second the poor cell sounded as desperate as the sender, within an instant she figured out who it could have been. A nervous chuckle left her lips as she pushed aside the laptop and picked up the phone, using her other hand to continue scrolling through the forum, tacking any quests that seemed promising. It looked like it was going to be one of those days and she needed to stockpile on something to keep her dear friend in the loop.

this is fine not like i wanted to maintain a battery life :-)

Judging from the message history ERROR 404 had been feeding the poor girls paranoia. Ophelia couldn't help but laugh at the bit of bullying, though her hands were still shaking from the fear she suffered from just moments ago.

• Love
Reactions: MagnoliaSweet
Leah sat curled up in the theater room of her mansion. She tapped her tactile teenage-fingers on the screen of her phone. LVL UP! Had taken up her life's free time. Most of her life was relaxed and easy anyway. So she hadn't quite felt the guilt that someone who had a life might feel when you spend most of the time in a fake world.

She didn't mind not being in the game even though she spent most of her time there besides the times when she went to eat with her family or the 3 hour time period when she is homeschooled. Real life in itself almost felt like a game. Not in the sense that it was exciting, but it had its own uniqueness and quality that sets itself apart.

Those qualities were the bane of her though. For she sat shivering in fear as one of her friends texted the rest of group. It was something about the aliens being moved and how they managed to escape their custody. Which was frightening. Who knew what a group of grays could do. Maybe the aliens would finally invade earth or worse. God only knew, and the aliens probably killed him along with Leah's sanity. She started to text the group text to tell Ophelia what was going on since she seemed to have gotten online. It would be better to tell her now rather than have a bunch of alien grayheads come knocking her door down better than her debt collectors ever could; of course she didn't know that about her.

ophelia omg you got to leave the country. Like go to mexico or something error is spouting some real shit. He is saying that he heard that they were moving the aliens in 51 to a new place. LIKE HE SAID EXACTLY WHERE THEY where and shit. WERE becuase they left and escaped. Doood they are going to be so angry I would get out of the country right away ophei since you accually live on your own, like i said somehwere in like probably mexico since that is close and cheep. Maybe i can get my mom to let you stay in one of our villas down there.

She genuinely cared about Ophelia she was a good friend and probably the only one who was willing to power level her what she was at know seeing that she was really obnoxious and annoying when she started playing when she was 12 or so. She couldn't remember when she started to play. Honestly, it felt like since she was born, but she knew that couldn't be the case since VR wasn't a think back then.

At this time Leah was practically freezing with pain. She rubbed her bare toes together feeling like she needed socks or better yet a blanket. Even with her fright, she tried her best to take an initiative of the situation. She ran back to her room and got some socks on. She knew all too well her mother wouldn't care about anything she tried to say, plus she could be working with the aliens or the government which could backfire on her since she knew all about what they had to hide. Her heart raced as she jumped up into the air to get some vertical thrust to get her socks on; frankly, they were a little small, but Leah didn't care she had more important things to deal with. She was on no one's side just her parties: ERROR and Ophelia.

Last edited:
ERROR didn't miss a beat when Leah sent her message, Ophelia could practically hear him cackling from his hospital bed.

ERROR 404 SAID:
True shit man I saw them trying to do the whole move from my window and
i swear somthing fell outta that mf plain !

Persephone SAID:
Shut up, you know you're lying to poor
ol' Leah not to mention aren't you in the hospital? you can barely sit up to see out your window you screw up. logging on btw i found some $$$ missions

Ophelia closed her laptop and set down her phone and proceeded to try and make herself comfortable in her closet; she couldn't bring herself to sleep in a bed like a normal human being. After what happened last time at least. She placed her laptop on her stomach and put her phone closer to her neck, but being sure that only a few people were unmuted before settling down to rest, after all, if her phone vibrated and continued to annoy her during the game should be forced to log out for safety reasons.

Persephone's eyes fluttered open as she was greeted by the cool night breeze and the chirpping of crickets. She sat up, instantly feeling the soft soil beneath her. No matter how many times she logged into the game it always amazed her with how real it felt. Within moments of her logging in a familiar face materilized in front of her, though his enteranced looked more like he was thrown into the game rather than gracefully waking up.

"NeptuniumPeroxide hasn't logged in yet?" The young man hummed, waltzing over to the place the young dragon was sitting.

"No," She replied curtly, standing up the second he got to close. She didn't like the feeling of being shorter than anyone, thankfully because of her class she was easily one of the 'bigger' characters "And she might not even log on at all because of your irrational prank." There was a sharpness to her voice that made ERROR flinch, but she left it at that, discord within the group was useless.

"I'll apologize when she logs on." Despite the whine to his voice he seemed sincere.

Persephone nodded and pulled the hood of her cloak over her head. Half the charm of her class was often being mistaken for some type of elf hybrid. Though this type of confusion would only last until her could get her horns "We'll start our missions when she logs on, and since we're so close to a town I want to register for the small tournament being held there. The prize money is cheap but it has some stuff we might need later on."

He nodded briskly, Persephone was essentially the boss, and the boss knows best most of the time.

Leah SAID:
i would think he is somewhat safe. they would probably abduct someone who is probably more health. like they probably prefer someone who is more health. I will get on once i get my tin foil

Soon enough she got off her computer and went to her drawer beside her bed where she kept her own personal roll of tin foil. The drawer also had an array of other things that were neatly organized; almost obsessively so. She moved a view things around before she grabbed the role of tape as well.

She carefully went about the ritual that covered her head in 3 layers of tin foil each of which was carefully wound about her skull. It had to cover each part completely, the back and most of her forehead as well. Each time it was completed she had to bind the tin foil to her head with the tape so it wouldn't come off after she fell asleep. She gave her arms and legs a good stretch then she laid down and swallowed a few sleeping pills. The like that, she fell asleep.

. . .

Soon enough she logged on to the game and her body slowly virialized. People said different things about the feeling, but Leah never thought of it. The whole thing felt normal, though she could say there was a unique feeling when she opened her eyes. It was so real. It was its own reality a part of real life. There was a way of knowing, but it still felt in its own way a world that was as lively and genuine as the world she came from.

In front of her eyes, two friends formed from the pixels. Then she saw before her ERROR and Persephone. She blinked a few times to adjust to the bright lights of the outdoors and smiled before the two. The scene was the normal fantasmal that the game offered. A huge tree in the forehead covered the large almost unbelievable mountain range then that hid the Kingdom from the enemy.

"Sorry finally got on, just had to do a few things," Neptunium said to her annoyance her nose was already runny. She just brushed her cloak over her nose. The action would at least appease it for a while while the rest of her body oozed with the sap that she was well acquainted with.

"So what is cash money job you had in mind Percy?" she asked unknowingly for it had already be explained before she got on, "I hope we don't have to grind again, could we do something fun today?" she asked her with a whine of a child. Unlike ERROR Neptunium questioned the authority of the Persephone over the party and the group's relationship.

Before Persephone would even entertain Neptunium with answers, she shot ERROR a harsh glare. The young man flinched but maintained the sheepish smile on his face while he inched closer to their gooey friend. "Neppy my gi-rl," he began, throwing light punches at the girl "About those-" He stopped for a moment, he wasn't sure how to apologize to the girl without triggering any more paranoia about her brain being abducted, or her body being beamed onto a spaceship for further dissection. He glanced at Persephone who only rolled her eyes in a manner that said Wrap it up already. "Meal tickets." He finished awkwardly. "I have extras you can have." The poor healer looked as if he were about to gain another level with how exhausted he looked finishing that sentence.

Persephone scoffed at his less than tactful save, but it was good enough, meal tickets were worth a good coin or decent stat boosts if you benefit from it that is. "Alrighty!" She announced, clasping her hands and flashing the pair a toothy grin, saving her poor friend from an even greater blunder if he had continued. Her pale blue eyes scanned the near-empty meadow, occasional littering the ground with low leveled creatures peeking their head curiously from the tall grass. If anything the more they looked, the more of a fishbowl the field looked with snow-capped mountains surrounding them. West of them they could see a grand tree towering over, the heart of Mundus. One of the four kingdoms of the world they offhandedly lived in, and the kingdom they were in, it was the one that stayed closest to nature with primarily magic-based citizens and NPCs.

"I was actually thinking of entering a tournament," Persephone hummed opening her arms as if the announcement was some grand surprise. It was defiantly better than grinding, all the 'good missions' as of late had been closed off to the higher-ups in preparation for the yearly festival. "It won't be high stakes, but if one of us enters and the other two bet we can rack in some quicker cash than we would if we followed one of our hunting quests. Not to mention it's fairly small, so it should be a solid win for even a mid-tier player."

"So basically you want to bully lower tiers for easy cash?" ERROR didn't seem fond the idea, but he maintained his smile. He didn't want to be the one who dampened the mood.

"They didn't put a level cap," She replied pointedly "But given how Mundus isn't very wealthy if we over bet we could get precious gems or something like gear-" The woman had already gotten lost in her thoughts, her train of thought was as greedy as a dragons.

The thought of a running in a tourney did sound fun to Neptunium. PVP wasn't her forte to be fair, she preferred PVE. The dungeons and world bosses were fun to go around. She enjoyed the social aspect of the game as well, which is what she did most of the time when she wasn't with Percy or ERROR 404. It was funny to see Percy give the death glare to ERROR. She always found the comedy in that. The intimidating nature of her demeanor was something she always found odd. This was a game after all, there was no reason to be all uptight about things. Especially since you didn't have to worry about the aliens and government reading you mind since she was pretty sure the sleeping software would interfere with the government trying read her thoughts. It would be safe until the government demanded the keys to it then she would probably have the chip removed, the government seeing her dreams and nightlife was a scary thought.

"I don't really like the thought of beating up lover level noobs in Mundus, you know it might get us in some bad stuff with the local guilds or companies," Neptunium explained. Her voice was nasally and naturally congested. It was the only thing she didn't like about the game; among other things. She would expect them to get some bad reputation if they went around doing things like this, however, if they only did this once it wasn't like anything could happen.

"I would gladly take some meal tickets we could get something to eat down at the town. You know to prepare for this tourney if Percy really wants us to go. I mean I don't mind, I have all the time," Neppy said with a smile. She couldn't help but think of having some cheesecake eating in LV UP was great it wasn't like you gained any weight so it was a foodie's paradise. That was probably why meal-tickets were so highly valued. Even though food only healed you it was just like eating in real life so it added on to the social aspect of the game.

"I am up for some cheesecake if you guys are up for it," Neptunium announced as she wrapped her warp around Percy. She was a lot shorter so she only managed to get around her torso, "I am sure your hungry right Percy," she jested as she shoved her slightly.

Bad stuff? Persephone dwelled on the thought while ERROR nodded in agreement, slapping Neptunium on the back similar to what a father would do after his son did something unexpectedly good.

Mundus is relatively peaceful, and I can't even step foot in Vir without an army coming for me, it would be pretty bad to get blacklisted in 2/4 of the major kingdoms...but publicity and exposure for doing this could be useful...
Neptunium playful shove was enough to knock her out of her train of thought and bring her back down to earth; she blinked away her confusion while her brain raced to catch up to what was being said. "Cake...sounds good?" She couldn't help but feel just a bit guilty as she caught a glimpse of her more peace-loving friend. Neptunium was more willing, the soon to occur massacre would probably eat at ERROR for the next few game cycles.

"I know a place that just opened up," ERROR sighed as he dragged his feet walking past the two, clearly upset with the decision they had agreed on. He knew the game better than either of them ever could, he bordered on the NEET title, so it was nice to have him as a tour guide, especially in Kingdoms Persephone had hardly ever been in.

"That's good; it'll also be useful to scout what kind of players will be present." Persephone's hand found its way to the top of Neptunium's head and ruffled her hair, and with the wrap still around her waist to turned to follow ERROR, dragging Neptunium along if she didn't let go fast enough. "Though maybe not cheesecake? I want some meat instead..." Meat was expensive in real life, so she would like to enjoy that luxury while she could in game. Especially if she wasn't the one buying.

The ruffling of her hair left her mildly annoyed. Neptunium didn't dare to let go. She knew all too well that Persephone would be more than willing to grab her again. It didn't bother her all that much since they were having to end up in the same place anyway.

"You're going to mess up my hair, plus you might get the sap on you. You won't want that," Neptunium complained as she used her hovering arm to swing and mat down her now ruffled red mop. "It's not like its already all messy," Neppy said with her tongue sticking out at her. Her hair was already a mess. This was from it being rather long but more from the fact that it got sticky from the sap she was covered in. It was annoying what she has come to accept her as it is: a hot mess.

As they made their away from the center of the meadow to the town Neptunium thought as to what the town's name was. "So what is the name of this town we are coming up to anyway ERROR?" Neppy asked. She normally intrusted ERROR for things like navigating. It was much harder to go about the world in LvL UP! since it was a whole lot bigger and the fact that there wasn't a dedicated world map that you could just pull up like some older games. People were just wimps that then. It made Neptunium smile somethings thinking about it.

She was sort of a wimp though, she had been subconsciously trying to avoid heading this way for a while. Ever since meeting Percy, she made her way up this way since she was out of her first questing area.This new town would be a new place for her. That fact was rather exciting to some degree since she enjoying seeing the places around Mundus. It was just the game that it was becoming more dangerous and Neptunium wasn't much a fighter. Back in the Dionysian Plain was where she started the game, it was easy and she tended to get along with people better since they were racially the same. So she got to the point where there wasn't much left to discover in Mundus was a big deal since she was getting further and further out of her comfort zone. Though to be frank she was way out of it at this point.

All that had left to see was the just the towns surrounding the big tree that was the center of the Kingdom. All of the strongest magic users lived there. Sooner or later she will have to make her way there. This quest hub was just one for step for her to get there.

The trio had walked together until they had reached the center, Persephone picking up her pace and gradually beginning to step ahead of the pair with an air of confidence that would put a queen to shame. Occasionally she would stop, check behind her and nodded her approval that her companions were still following her safely. They seemed to be talking too which put her mind at ease. Though she couldn't shake the feeling, there was danger nearby. I'm just paranoid.

"If it's the town I think she's on about it's Adyta." Error paused for a moment while his hand found a place on his chin, clearly thinking over the geography of this part of the game. Unlike some players who mindlessly adventured, he kept note of most everything, slowly creating a map for the major points of LvL UP! it would be his greatest accomplishment and worth some damn good money. "If I'm right, I think you'd actually like this town. Very gentle and it's pretty famous for monsters that pass through it for healing because of their No Kill Clause. Some rare monsters pass through it too, so maybe if we're lucky we'll see something rare!" The young man hummed as they marched along. He was looking forward to rentering his old kingdom.

WELCOME TO ADYTA!
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND APPRECIATE THE SCENERY. :)
The popup appeared for the three of them as soon as they had stepped foot on the worn out stone, cracked by weeds. Unlike ERROR who could barely contain his excitement, Persephone was less than impressed with the city who looked as though it was overrun by the greenery. Larger buildings looked collapsed, crushed by veins that wrapped around and in it, though judging by the people going in and out of it it was stable enough to support life. Though she had to admit the food here smelled better than any other town she'd been in.

"It looks like the Tournament isn't as small as you heard." ERROR gestured towards a group of high levels. One of which being a prominent name guild leader, but not big enough to mean anything to the pair.

"I guess others had the idea of bullying low tiers too," Persephone hummed looking around for the source of the heavenly scent. She motioned for her friends to follow her while she blood hounded the food, finding out it was from a small food stall that seemed to be relatively popular.

It looked like their was a lot more people here then she expected. Neptunian thought the town would be small. It would have been easier than the tournament would be smaller, but as they arrived it seemed like the line went on forever. The place was beautiful. It looked like a destroyed city, but the place was still thriving with life. Wildflowers and grass grew all around and the people walked around as if it was normal. Here in this world stuff like wasn't out of place. With all of the magic and fantasical location it was weird for Neprunium, for the amount of time she meant here, to have such a reaction still.

"Adyta? That is what is place is called. Love. It. Look at it everything's so green and floral!" Neptunian exclaimed as she jumped up. She saw Error and found his excitement really indearing. Neptunium guessed that he really enjoyed this kind of stuff. It was nice to see somone was exicted about new towns. Unless Percy would seemed to be walking them in without concern of anything else. Neppy always thought she was to surious about being in public.

It seemed like the place was bustling with people. Carts of goods meandered down the twirling streets that were overflowing with vines. A huge church loomed over everything with its ivory tower covered in moss and a half decay. It was a testament to the people who lived here they didn't fear the thing tumbling down on them. Especially since it seemed that the center of the town where it seemed to shake with the number of people shouting and running about. That might have just been Neptunian being afraid of them. Neppy was just afraid was everyone that wasn't ERROR or Percy.

"At least they seemed lower gear then we do. Just a little bit harder for you Percy," Neppy joked as she patted her back. Then their eyes met the stall with the smell of steaks fuming the area around.

"Oh look at this lovely place," Neppy said to them both. They seemed to steel steak sandwiches that were toasty and warm. "As must as this looks good I would want to eat inside," April offered to Percy. She might as well try to negotiate, but she knew that Percy wasn't going to settle for anything that didn't involve meat now.