Love through the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delilah smiled softly "thank you" she whispered through the crack "no ones ever really spent any time just talking to me like this before"

"Your welcome, now let me tell you the legend..." he whispered through the hole.

"The Hawk family is the most powerful family in the kingdom, but also the most mysterious. Every now and then, a child in the family is born with red eyes. This is a sign of great power, but this came with a price. People became threatened with the blood red eyes, and this person would often be-" He didn't continue, as to not scare her.

Delilah nodded as she listened and leaned back against the old oak tree "so they locked me in here on my own just on the off chance it might save me from someone trying to kill me?" He asked gently and shook her head "I was a fool to think I was anything more than an object for them to use" she trailed off

Zudilin heard her slowly walk away, and he was sort of sad. She seemed like quite a nice girl, but she was gone.

Delilah wrong a small note 'will you meet me here tomorrow at the same time as today? I want to talk to you more but I have lessons now that I must go to'

"Ok, I'll be back..." He posted the final note through the wall and ran off. His parents must be wondering about him, seen as he had been gone for such a long time. Best thing to do was to get there as soon as possible.

Delilah smiled brightly and gathered the notes, she qucikly put them in the pocket of her dress before rushing off to get to her lessons

Zudilin gathered up the notes and put them in his pocket. He started to walk back home, the money now also in his pocket.

Delilah wondered if he'd keep his word, would he be back? Or would she never see him again? She shook her head and cleared her mind to try and focus on her lessons

When he got home, his father was waiting for him at the gate. He had a stern look on his face, as if he was angry. "Hey dad," Zud said casually, as if nothing had happened. "Where on Earth have you been?!" his father asked. "At the market, what do you expect?" Hs father simply stared at him. "Okay, okay..." Zudilin started, "I took a detour."

Delilah winced as her tutor lectured about paying attention, clearly she hadn't been as convincing aa she thought she had. The teen nodded along with the tutors ranting, acting as though she was listening to her when really it was just white noise

His father sighed. "Very well then... How much money did you get for the bread?" Zudilin smiled and brought out one shilling and two pieces of gold. His father's eyes widened. "T-t-two p-pieces of g-g-gold?" his father stammered. "Yes, here you go..." Zudilin said happily, as he handed the money to his father.

Delilah smiled as she stood in her favorite class, music. She had just pratcied her flute and now she had moved on to the violin, she loved everything about it and she wondered if she should show her new friend?

Without saying a word, Zudilin followed his father inside, where his mother was preparing dinner.

Delilah bit her lip as she went to bed that night, excited for the next day and what it may bring

After dinner, the family went out for a bonfire in the field. The reason: a bunch of wood had been destroyed randomly and they needed to get rid of it.

The next morning Delilah smiled brightly as she woke up, she grabbed her violin, pen and note pad after getting dress and ran off to the crack in the wall

After the bonfire, Zudilin went up to bed quietly, and fell asleep instantly. It had been a long day, and tomorrow was going to be even longer. He had to go meet that girl again, and boy was he looking forward to it.

Delilah smiled as she stood leaning against the wall as she began to play a up beat and cheerful tune her favorite nanny used to her to her when she was sad

In the morning, Zudilin got up and went downstairs for breakfast. "Morning Mum," he said, before walking over to see how he could help. "Could you go get some eggs from the chickens?" she asked. Zud nodded and went outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.