Love in the Midst of battle (1x1 with RockettStarr)

Seveline Winced a little, hating that this was how everything ended up. "If it were not for your Lukas, he would still be alive, each person is responsible for their actions yes, but the leader is responsible for them all." This got to her and snapped her out of her shock and sorrow. This was her fault; Lukas wasn't the leader, he was ranked below her. He was just around the other slayers to save her the trouble. And she hadn't been here to save him from this fate. Tears stung her eyes again. Her lips parted for her to speak, but she choked on her words. "I can make the pain stop, Seveline, I can help you forget if you want...Me and my clan will leave tonight, if that's what you wish. I can also resurrect him, but he wont be the same." "No." The response was instant on the last offer. "Lukas would hate himself if he ended up a vampire. He was like me, he didn't want any innocent lives lost. But vampires cannot control their thirst if they refuse to drink. He will not feed, no matter what I do. I'd be forced to kill him again with my own hands." The pain was obvious in her voice, her throat sore and hurting from her sobbing earlier. She barely caught what was said last, in italian, as Vincent left. For a moment, she stayed where she was; Lukas's head cradled in her lap. He would deserve a burial... but not with the others, not in the graveyard. He had once told her of a spot on the edge of the forest where they would sit and watch the sky when they were younger. That was the happiest memory she had left of him. That would be where she would bury him.

But not now. Right now, she had to set something straight. Seveline got to her feet and stepped out of the alley, trying to figure out which way Vincent had gone. Thinking she had seen him, she ran off in that direction. If he and his clan left, nothing would keep the rogues back. It really would be war. He and his family were the only ones standing between this village and a full out bloodbath. Soon enough, as he and his clan were heading into the forest, Sev caught up. "Wait!" Her gaze searched for Vincent, hoping he had not been the first to leave. But, luckily, he was still nearby. She walked fearlessly over to him, knowing he wouldn't let the rest of his clan attack her... or at least, that's what she thought. "Don't leave. Please. I know this is pathetic, a slayer begging for something for once from the enemy, but... we don't have to be enemies. You and I can try to figure this out, keep your clan away from the slayers and the slayers away from you. But if you leave, all the peace, or somewhat peace, you and your family has brought this village would have been for nothing. This battle is not something we slayers will be able to handle alone." She paused for a moment. "And I know I can get the rest to follow. Because I am their leader, not Lukas." This was an attack waiting to happen, but she didn't care. She just needed to know that Vincent knew his wrong in killing Lukas; she should have been the one killed for letting the rookie come into the forest. It had been her duty, Lukas had been a link between her and the rest of the slayers in the area.

"Please, Vincent. This village needs vampires like you, like all of you."

Reactions: 1 person
Vincent and his clan left for the forest after their discussion about the rouges. Vincent was preparing to leave when he heard Seveline's voice. The other Clan members hissed at her, knowing that she had angered Vincent, just moments ago. Vincent stepped forward as he heard her, and she approached him. Vincent listened to her words. His eyes went wide when he heard her say she was the leader. "You? a Leader?" Vincent's clan chuckled and then realized that they had killed Lukas for the wrong reason's and that Seveline was the one who was supposed to die. The Clan member ranking under Vincent approached the both of them, Lucy. "Vincent, you know what this means...we have done wrong...and this time its more then we can handle...killing the wrong person is not against the rules, but technically he had done nothing wrong. So one of you must pay." Vincent knew the what that meant, he didn't really care either way. "Rules are rules I suppose." Vincent pulled his sleeve up showing the bite marks once again. "Seveline, I apologize for wronging you, it was my mistake, if I could take it back I would, and not just because I broke a rule." Vincent looked at her once more before letting Lucy bite his arm, this was their way of punishment, the clan knew that if they killed Vincent, chaos would return too the clan, knowing how cruel Lucy really was. Lucy found enjoyment is biting him, her venom was no more, so she couldn't really poison him, or attempt to kill him. After he had been bitten Vincent licked away the blood and then looked at Seveline. "Well, Leader...I guess its your call from here on then." Vincent turned away from her walking deeper into the forest, but turning back once more to say something. "We will bury Lukas tomorrow, in the place that you wish him to be. But I would get him out of the alley if I were you..the dead human body will attract Rouges. Lucy and Max, go help her." Both clan members looked at Vincent and then at Seveline, smiling exposing their fangs. Max was more loyal then Lucy, but Lucy was stronger then Max, so if Lucy tried anything Max could do his best to fight her, but winning would be rare. Vincent ran back, slamming Lucy against a tree, hearing her hiss at Seveline. "You so much as Lick her and I will have you killed...in front of everyone. Seveline, if you have any problems just scream, and I will be there in less then a second."

Vincent released Lucy and turned away, letting them leave to get Lukas. His clan followed all except Lucy and Max who waited for Seveline's orders. Once in the woods deeper, Vincent spoke to his clan members. "Now, we are going to be helping the slayer from here out, because after this night, the rouges are going to go crazy, there will most likely be more rouges after tonight, so be on edge at all times. Now, Seveline is a leader yes, but I am your ONLY leader anything you are asked to do you must report back to me before you do it, is that understood." The clan nodded. "Now because we are helping them and some of the rouges are brave enough to come out in daylight, we must all be out during the day, wearing protection of course." The clan nodded again, they had no problem with working with the slayers, considering most slayers were actually terrified of Vampires, if a slayer were to piss off a vampire all they had to do was scare them. Vincent dismissed the clan for the night and waited by the edge of the forest for Max and Lucy's return, feeling uneasy about the whole thing, Vincent left the forest to watch making sure that Lucy would not harm Seveline. when he first found them they were nearing the alley, Lucy walking behind Seveline. "She really shows no fear." Vincent made sure not to make his presences know if he did, Lucy was sure not to strike. Vincent wanted to kill her before she had a chance to attempt anything, but he had to know is she was going to first.

Seveline knew she would not be given a warm welcome, but she had to make sure she set this right. For Lukas's sake. 'He has not died in vain.' She kept telling herself. 'He remains with me, I know it. He's stuck by me in life, he will in death. His knowledge and courage is my guiding light. What I have learned from him, all the memories we've shared, will stay with me. He has not left.' Sev was snapped into focus when she noticed the shocked expression on Vincent's face. "You? A Leader?" "Lukas had trained me, he had once been the leader. But when I had proven my strength, he stepped down to let me lead. I have been the leader for three years now." The young woman caught sight of a female vampire nearing them and glanced her way. Female vampires were often much rarer than males, for several reasons. However, they were often the more dangerous of the two as well. "Vincent, you know what this means...we have done wrong...and this time its more then we can handle...killing the wrong person is not against the rules, but technically he had done nothing wrong. So one of you must pay." Sev didn't understand for a moment, then thought perhaps that she may be attacked. But inside, yet again, Vincent took this for her. "Rules are rules I suppose." His sleeve was pulled up, revealing to her the bite marks that she had been told of and shown before; ones as punishment for each rule broken, he had said. "Seveline, I apologize for wronging you, it was my mistake, if I could take it back I would, and not just because I broke a rule." Seveline opened her mouth to speak, but held it back. After the punishment had been inflicted, Vincent spoke again. "Well, Leader...I guess its your call from here on then." He turned, and she stepped a bit after him. Yet again wanting to speak, but not allowing herself to do so.

Seveline watched him walk away, preparing to head off herself; but he spoke again before she could. "We will bury Lukas tomorrow, in the place that you wish him to be. But I would get him out of the alley if I were you..the dead human body will attract Rouges. Lucy and Max, go help her." "That's not necessary." She replied, though not rushed and without a hint of fear. "I can deal with it myself." But as the two vampires whom had been assigned to help her stepped out, she knew it was useless to argue. Besides, if this alliance was going to work, everyone had to work as a team. Not that she had meant this kind of thing to happen exactly, but it worked out either way, planned or not. The female didn't step back, or wince, or go for her sword when Lucy hissed at her. Her temper was not easily sparked, and she would only fight to defend herself; and only fight enough to catch her opponent off guard, in this case. However, she was caught off guard when Vincent suddenly returned and had the other female pinned with her back against the bark of a tree within moments of the noise. "You so much as lick her and I will have you killed...in front of everyone." 'Well, he's quite protective... but why? This isn't just an alliance; no, this is more than that. What is he up to?' Or did he really care at all for her. No, that was insane. She was different, yes; he'd pointed that out several times over. But for him to be attracted to her? That was beyond crazy. Wasn't it? "Seveline, if you have any problems just scream, and I will be there in less then a second." Seveline nodded and turned as Vincent did, motioning for Lucy and Max to follow.

This truce, she knew, would be difficult for the rest of the slayers. They would argue, they would try to disobey; but those who did would be caught before any trouble could be started. She would make sure of that. The hardest part of this was going to be telling the council about this. She was directly disobeying her mission, by teaming with the enemy instead of going with the plan. Not only that, but it meant that Vincent's clan would be allowed within the village. No one would be happy with that. But this could be a chance to show the villagers that not every vampire was their enemy. Perhaps this could help prevent the misunderstanding that has plagued this shaking relationship between vampires and humans. They could figure this out finally, with this alliance. If the council didn't ruin it first. But this leadership thing, with her in charge of these two vampires, and even any of the others, made her a bit uneasy. She had never wanted this power over anyone, being a leader wasn't that much to her. She didn't want influence or control. She just wanted the ability to change things, because everyone else was always too scared to do so.

As Seveline continued along the street, the two vampires following close behind, she glanced around a bit. Had anyone else been killed in this attack? Was Lukas the only loss? Most of her concentration was on the female trailing behind her though. She was obviously equally as edgy as Sev was about this, and outwardly ticked off. If Seveline was careful, she knew she may have a dangerous situation on her hand; Lucy couldn't be killed if Seveline didn't make any noise, and she made it seem like an accident. Vampires were clever and tricky sometimes, they try to cover their tracks. But honestly Sev doubted the other girl would try something so foolish when both of them knew the end consequence. Her edginess didn't show though, she was as unreadable and calm as ever. When they reached the alleyway, Sev knelt beside Lukas, glancing down the alley. "Lucy, could you please take a look around, make sure there aren't any rogues around, hiding?" Lucy was really the only threat, though a slight one with the punishment result hanging over her head, and Max had given no reason to be distrusted. The female gently picked Lukas up into her arms - he was a year older than her, but not too much heavier, and she was stronger than she looked - brushing his bangs from his face. "Sleep well, my dear, sweet Lukas." She whispered, gently placing a kiss to his cold forehead, her gaze caught on the blood that marred his throat. "I'll wash the blood away before his burial. He shall not be disgraced by being laid to rest in this state." Her voice was low, and it was more talking to herself than anything else.

Vincent watched, Lucy did as she was told, looking for rouges but coming back in time to here Seveline speak of being laid to rest in disgrace. "You speak of Vampires as a disgrace but yet you want our help, you don't deserve it peaty human, what we did to Lukas was a blessing, saving him from his misery of living the life he did. You are the one that should have died, you should be grateful that Vincent makes you protect and not kill you, do you have any idea how many rouges I had to stop from launching at your throat...yet you show no respect to Lord Vincent, I should kill you myself, but as you know Vincent is keeping me for that as well, but watch your back Human, you mean nothing to me." Lucy said sternly as she pointed at her and Lukas. Lucy had been the former leader stepping down when Vincent arrived as he was stringer and a lot more liked then she was she had no choice. Max stood quietly and waited for his next order, as he was used o not being to high in rank within his clan. Lucy stormed off in anger at her last words and returned to the forest as did Vincent knowing that Lucy would no longer be a threat. Max looked up at Seveline and parted his lips to speak. "i would heed her waring if I was you, she may be faithful and loyal t Vincent, but she is right you mean nothing to the rest of us. You matter to Vincent though, more then you realize in fact, and if not for him, we wouldn't even consider helping you, you should be thankful." The clan was used to this, they thought of it that way, she was a human, their food for the last 2 years, Vincent had never put a protection "ring" on anybody so it was going to take some getting used too. Max lead Seveline out of the Alley and too a place were she would be safe. "You can stay here, there is a sink inside that you can use to wash away the blood and clean his wounds, that you so call a disgrace." This would bother the entire clan if they heard, humans needed their saving in their eye's living a life of pity and mortality. "Vincent may be kind Miss, but I wouldn't consider anything we do a disgrace around him...or you might see his mean side, and that's not a pretty thing." Max left her and returned to the forest. Vincent stayed at the edge of the forest, this night seemed to last forever, but he could see the sun peeking out over the horizon, so Vincent left to put on the cloak that would protect him during the sunlight, as did his clan, they figured they should be there during the time that Seveline told the rest of the slayers, Vincent would make sure that She took her place as leader correctly even if she didn't want too, and if she happened to give up power, Vincent would find it in his favor.

Before the sunrise Vincent left to met with Seveline, walking into the building that she was taking care of Lukas in, pausing as she saw him wiping away the blood and cleaning the wounds, it shocked him slightly. "Me adn my clan wish to be present for the meeting wwith the slayers, and I am not asking so don't tell me not to, I'm telling." This was how Vincent acted when he was leader, saying it how it was too be and never asking for permission for something. "I understand that you may not want the responsibilty that you are going to gain, but you have no choice, it comes with the title, you either accept it or give it too someone else. But I have brought this for Lukas." Vincent pulled out a locket with a paper sealed inside. "it as my blessing for the after life written in it. However he may end up." With that Vincent laid the locket on a desk in the building and left, waiting by the door, for Seveline to finish.

"You speak of Vampires as a disgrace but yet you want our help, you don't deserve it petty human, what we did to Lukas was a blessing, saving him from his misery of living the life he did. You are the one that should have died, you should be grateful that Vincent makes you protected and not kill you, do you have any idea how many rouges I had to stop from launching at your throat...yet you show no respect to Lord Vincent, I should kill you myself, but as you know Vincent is keeping me for that as well, but watch your back Human, you mean nothing to me."

Seveline didn't try to argue, but a bit of her temper boiled. How ignorant this woman sounded! How dare she act so full of herself. But Sev didn't want to cause trouble and kept her true thoughts hidden. "I never asked for your help. I had only meant that we didn't need to be killing each other and at each others throats." Her voice was low, though she knew Lucy would hear her. "And I had not meant that anyone was a disgrace. I only meant that it is thought a disgrace to the fallen and dead when they are buried bloodied and wounded. It shows no one cared for them." Her gaze turned to Max, but she wasn't holding the actions of the other vampire to him. He had done nothing wrong. "I would heed her warning if I was you, she may be faithful and loyal t Vincent, but she is right you mean nothing to the rest of us. You matter to Vincent though, more then you realize in fact, and if not for him, we wouldn't even consider helping you, you should be thankful." Seveline almost answered, but set her jaw and held it in, nodding. 'Do I really matter so much to Vincent? I mean, yes, he's been keeping be out of danger... but that could mean other things. He could be planning other things. Or perhaps I'm just over thinking this, and my paranoia is getting the best of me again.' "I apologize if I seemed rude and ungrateful; I am thankful for the willingness on Vincent's part in this. And for yours, and the others. I know I will have to earn the trust of everyone, I do not expect to be accepted."{ She followed along behind Max as he led her off, curious as to where he was leading her. When they came to a building, something the vampires had used as a meeting place once upon a time no doubt. "You can stay here, there is a sink inside that you can use to wash away the blood and clean his wounds, that you so call a disgrace."

The girl thanked him and gave a small, gentle smile.

"Vincent may be kind Miss, but I wouldn't consider anything we do a disgrace around him...or you might see his mean side, and that's not a pretty thing."

Seveline nodded, not having any intentions of insulting or upsetting Vincent. When she was left on her own, she thought over what Lucy had said earlier to her. Under all of the insults that had been aimed at her, the message was clear; she needed to be more thankful that she was in Vince's favor. If not, she would have been long dead. But what was so special about her that attracted him to her? And her to him, she supposed. Her thoughts had always returned to him when her mind wanders, her heart flutters a bit at the mention of his name sometimes. What was this? Absolute insanity, that's what. He couldn't possibly be falling for her, or her him; it just wasn't right. Was it? It wouldn't work. Would it? 'Just stop!' Her heart and her mind were raging a war within her that she wanted no part in. One side aided her duty as a slayer, to be loyal to her allies, and not the vampires; the other wanted to help Vincent, and felt attached to him somehow.

Seveline left sometime after that point, gathering the rookies and telling them about all that had happened. As expected, everyone was horrified and upset by Lukas's death, others were just plain vengeful. But she soon told them off for their instant vengeance. "If you are quick to attack the enemy, you will all get yourselves killed. These vampires are dangerous if provoked by death of their own, and were upset at us. Causing more trouble would just cause more bloodshed." "Then what about Lukas?! Will he go unavenged?!" "Yeah! Does he mean so little?!" "Revenge will get us no where. Lukas's death is a tragedy that could have been avoided if one of our own had not crossed the line first. So how about all of you stop your whining about this death and think like slayers should. Think of the safety of the village, of everyone here. Would it help more to fight the vampires and have them kill everyone? Or join them, and better protect the ones we love?" This set everyone into silence, and no one spoke for a while. After much arguing and fighting, they finally came to terms with all of this, and Sev set them out to their posts again. "And no one leave their post unless I say so." After this, she returned to where Lukas was, to finish cleaning his wounds and preparing him for the burial. It was then that Vincent came in, moments behind her.

"Me and my clan wish to be present for the meeting with the slayers, and I am not asking so don't tell me not to, I'm telling."

Seveline glanced back at him, putting aside the rag that she had been using. "Are you crazy? They will kill you, and everyone in your clan." 'And me.' "I need to explain the situation first, you and your clan can be nearby. Can that be worked out? This can be dangerous for all of us if not handled properly. I can only do so much to protect you and your family if the council attacks. They will kill be first for betrayal." "I understand that you may not want the responsibility that you are going to gain, but you have no choice, it comes with the title, you either accept it or give it to someone else." "It's not the responsibility that concerns me, Vincent. It the safety of you, and your clan." After a moment Sev stopped arguing, then noticed Vince was holding something out to her. "I have brought this for Lukas. It as my blessing for the after life written in it. However he may end up." Seveline looked over at it and reached out her hand, tracing her finger over the design of the locket. "Vincent..." She began, but found he had already left. The female sighed and finished up cleaning off the blood from Lukas's throat. After that was done, she put the necklace around his neck, smiling gently. 'He will not be forgotten. His death was not for nothing.'

Seveline turned and headed out of the building, finding Vincent waiting for her. It took a moment for her to find words to speak. "Thank you, for the locket. But did you get it for my sake?" 'Am I really that much to you?' She gently shifted into the shade, lightly taking Vincent's hand, keeping him out of the sun. "Your friends, Max and Lucy... they made me realize something last night." A small pause and a bit of silence passed. "You have been protecting me, and I have been stubborn enough not to thank you for it. But why are you so defensive of me? If the roles were switched, and I was you, I would hate the slayer who was supposed to capture me like some wild animal for the sake of her own gain. I hadn't planned to go through with my mission though, not after I met you. You knew that my mission was to capture me, yet you stuck around close to me. Did you plan to attack me, win my trust only to kill me? Was that ever your plan?" Her blue eyes were locked on his bright yellow gaze. Her expression showed her curiosity, and sincerity. "Why am I so special to you? Is it just because I'm different? Do I amuse you; the slayer who thinks she understands the enemy but knows nothing really."

"Are you crazy? They will kill you, and everyone in your clan." "I need to explain the situation first, you and your clan can be nearby. Can that be worked out? This can be dangerous for all of us if not handled properly. I can only do so much to protect you and your family if the council attacks. They will kill be first for betrayal.It's not the responsibility that concerns me, Vincent. It the safety of you, and your clan."

"My clan will stay behind, but I will go, and that's how it will be arranged, if I die.....I die.." was all that Vincent said as Seveline exited the building. When his hand was taken, Vincent looked at Seveline, in somewhat shock, she was actually touching him.

"Your friends, Max and Lucy... they made me realize something last night. You have been protecting me, and I have been stubborn enough not to thank you for it. But why are you so defensive of me? If the roles were switched, and I was you, I would hate the slayer who was supposed to capture me like some wild animal for the sake of her own gain. I hadn't planned to go through with my mission though, not after I met you. You knew that my mission was to capture me, yet you stuck around close to me. Did you plan to attack me, win my trust only to kill me? Was that ever your plan? Why am I so special to you? Is it just because I'm different? Do I amuse you; the slayer who thinks she understands the enemy but knows nothing really."

Vincent looked at her, feeling his heart beat accelerate. "Seveline, the thought of killing you never crossed my mind. I have been defensive of you for I thought obvious reasons, so I thought. I care about you Sev, i know its stupid." Vincent pulled his hand away and turned from Seveline, running his hand through his hair, but looking back at her. "I know its crazy, a human and a vampire, buts that's my curse, being a pure-breed makes it possible for me to have feelings for someone, at first glance I thought of just scaring you into not attempting your mission, but as you and I can see...That didn't go as planned, but that is why the roles are as they are I suppose. So that posses the question, why was it after you met me that you decided not to go through with your mission? You are special to me because....well I don't really know why, you are different yes, but not in the way you say you are, you are so hidden, you show no fear in the face of death, and your quite beautiful, but that's besides the point, your just different okay?" Vincent half smiled at her. "I should go to my "post" just come find me if you need anything...anything at all, Sev, do you understand?" Vincent turned away and began walking to where he was to stand guard at. His clan members had already went to their posts, all had been told not to kill the slayers at first sight. Vincent knew all their posts, and who they were working with, Lucy adn max were placed together, because they seemed to work best together adn it was not wise for Lucy to work with a human,considering her hate for them. Once at his post, Vincent leaned against a wall, getting stared at every now and then.

Seveline knew she had nothing to fear from Vincent, he was true and stuck to his word. He would not harm her. Besides that, she never showed fear, or any emotion really, around anyone but those that she knew best. "Seveline, the thought of killing you never crossed my mind. I have been defensive of you for I thought obvious reasons, so I thought. I care about you Sev, i know its stupid." As he pulled his hand away, she feared she had upset him. Her lips parted to speak, but she fell silent again as Vince turned back and continued talking. "I know its crazy, a human and a vampire, buts that's my curse, being a pure-breed makes it possible for me to have feelings for someone, at first glance I thought of just scaring you into not attempting your mission, but as you and I can see...That didn't go as planned, but that is why the roles are as they are I suppose." "I had never doubted that... I was just unsure if my thoughts were correct. That you did have feelings for me. I'm so used to being manipulated and used for the purposes of others that I don't know when to trust my heart to lead me to safety." "So that posses the question, why was it after you met me that you decided not to go through with your mission?" Seveline was silent for a moment, then smiled a little. "I didn't want to ruin this peace and unknown cooperation. Ever since you had killed that rogue, showed me that you and your clan did obey the rules you set and didn't want to be a threat to the village... why ruin that? You proved that not every vampire is bad, and not every human is good. And you're different from any of the other vampires I have ever met. You're loyal to the rules you set, you are more human than some of the slayers at times." 'And those feelings you have for me... are shared back. You are more than just a temporary ally in this.' But she didn't have the will to say that out loud. If it was found out that the two had feelings, they would be killed. It was against the slayers laws to have anything to do with any vampire when it came to friendship. Unless it was approved of beforehand. "You are special to me because....well I don't really know why, you are different yes, but not in the way you say you are, you are so hidden, you show no fear in the face of death, and your quite beautiful, but that's besides the point, your just different okay?" Her heart fluttered at the comment on her looks, as no one had ever told her that... not since her parents death. Seveline returned the smile, though it was small, and nodded at the last thing he'd said. Anything at all, Sev, do you understand? She had no idea why, but that little sentence made her heart leap and flutter and quicken. To her, that was like a secret promise between them, saying that he would stick by her... but was she over-analyzing this again?

As Vincent walked off, Seveline sighed, holding her hand close to her chest as she slid down the wall. His touch had been cold, but she was warm. Just holding his hand had sent sparks through her. 'Am I really falling for him? Is he falling for me? No, he just admitted to having feelings, nothing more.' She tried to convince herself that this feeling within her was not love. It was something different. But it was obvious to her that she was falling, and falling hard, for the one person she couldn't be with.

An hour or so later, Seveline went off to find Vincent again. The meeting would start soon; and as much as she would rather have him out of harms way, she knew he would be far from pleased if she left him behind and went without him. It didn't take long to find him, he'd chosen a post closest to the barn, where he knew she often was. "The council has begun to gather. The meeting draws near, we need to go now if we are to get there before my presence is noticed to be missing. They do not like to be kept waiting." She gave him a small look of worry, still concerned that he would be in danger. Pleading for him to reconsider, for his sake. But she knew he wouldn't; and the council would find out sooner or later. It was better than they were told rather than thinking later that this had been a plot to turn their own troops against them. Ganging with the enemy was thought to be the biggest threat a slayer could offer out against the council. "Stay close to me, if you still plan to come. They may mistake this for me having completed my mission, which we can work to our advantage. They won't attack in that case."

Vincent couldn't get Seveline out of his mind. 'She couldn't possibly have feelings for me, I'm a vampire.' "A monster." were the only words that escaped Vincents mouth as he thought. 'A human and a vampire can never be,its not against my rules but it is hers, and I have to honor that.' Shortly after he heard Seveline coming and cleared his mind.

"The council has begun to gather. The meeting draws near, we need to go now if we are to get there before my presence is noticed to be missing. They do not like to be kept waiting." Vincent nodded and began waling with her. "Stay close to me, if you still plan to come. They may mistake this for me having completed my mission, which we can work to our advantage. They won't attack in that case." Vincent looked at her. "If I am too close they may get the wrong idea, I will follow your plan, but the second that they attempt to attack I need you too understand.....That I won't fight back." Vincent looked away form her and forward, trying too seem emotionless. "If I fight back, all of them will die, its better that one die instead of hundreds." Vincent continued walking with her, responding accordingly as she spoke. "I Do not mean to upset you with what I have said, if I have upset you, but its for the best...." 'If I die' Vincent was planning that they would attack him, his clan would keep the peace, and Lucy would be put too death, Max becoming the new leader, though he was low in rank, his clan, besides Lucy knew of this plan. as the entered the meeting Vincent stood, head bowed awaiting the meeting to begin.

(sorry for shortness)

((It's fine ^^))

Seveline walked alongside Vincent, not in any hurry to get to the meeting. 'I will explain what is going on. They will not be pleased, but they won't sentence me to punishment without good reason.' "If I am too close they may get the wrong idea, I will follow your plan, but the second that they attempt to attack I need you too understand.....That I won't fight back." Sev nearly stopped, her eyes flashing with the slightest bit of emotion. There was concern, almost fear in her eyes, before it disappeared again. "I won't let them attack. You will not be a victim, not if I have any say. I will convince them of this alliance." "If I fight back, all of them will die, its better that one die instead of hundreds." She didn't really answer at first, thinking it over in her mind. If Vincent was killed now, his clan would revolt, kill her then slaughter all the other slayers; thinking this had been her plan. But she honestly didn't want anymore deaths. Especially Vincent's. "I Do not mean to upset you with what I have said, if I have upset you, but its for the best...." "I would do the same, if these roles were reversed. But I promise, Vincent... I will not let them attack you, not now. You have done nothing wrong to deserve any spite."

As the two walked into the meeting place, which was a shadowy area near the forest and away from the village, all eyes turned to them. Whispers arose, though Seveline paid no attention to them. The leader of the slayers especially had his eye on Vincent. "Impressive, Miss Seveline. It hasn't been more than two days and yet you've already completed our mission. Very good indeed." 'Just as I thought.' "But why expect anything less from you?" "I have brought the vampire you asked me to capture, yes. But he is not a prisoner." Her voice didn't hold any fear nor malice, just calm. Her blue eyes showed no hint of the worry brewing within her. The lead male shifted. "Not a prisoner, you say? Then what is he?" "An ally." The answer was simply said, but it created an uneasy murmur in the group. "Upon finding him a few nights ago, I witnessed something I have never known of. That none of us have ever known of. He and his clan have rules, much alike the ones we have in place for us-" "Might I interrupt, Seveline." The eldest male stepped forward, his gaze shifting to the flame-haired female, but always returning uneasily to her cloaked companion. "What do you mean by ally? Surely you, of all of us, would know that alliances between our kind and the vampires is forbidden." His tone was stern and strict, but not entirely angry. It was almost fearful, more or less. "But what if this alliance could do us more help than harm? These vampires-" "These vampires are our enemies! They have no intention of helping us." Seveline stepped in front of Vincent as the lead male continued to approach. "He has done no harm except to seek revenge upon the deaths unearned among his clan. The slayer he is known for killed had killed one of his friends, family as he considers them to be. How is it any different than what we do? We seek revenge for even less reason than that!" This made everyone in the meeting stop and fall silent. All eyes were on Seveline. Then shifting to the leader, whom had turned pale and stumbled back slowly. Seveline had always been one of the most loyal and willing individuals among the council. This was absolutely unheard of from her.

"The alliance I have set in place is meant to protect this village against the true vampire threat; the rogues. If you have any ill will and hatred of that kind, look to them for revenge. There are some things in this world that you don't truly understand; but like to pretend you do. If you aren't willing to give them the chance to prove they mean no harm, then leave it alone. I can handle this matter on my own. And I am not looking for support, nor agreement; because this is something I am not backing out of. And if you don't like it, then you should back off and let me have my own choices for once."

Seveline looked around at all of the shocked and stunned faces around her. Never had she been so fiercely defending of any cause. Never had she shown this much emotion ever since she had first become a slayer. Even the leader was silent as he stared at her, then at Vincent, then back again. At last he sighed, knowing it was no use to fight with this; it would only cause more trouble. "Fine, Seveline. If that is what you wish. But from here on out, don't look to us for aid or support. You are on your own in this one." The members began to disperse, whispering among themselves. Seveline turned and motioned for Vincent to follow, but stopped as she heard her name being called again. "If I see any threat to this alliance, the rest of us will return; and you will be put to death alongside this gang and their leader." Seveline looked back and gave a bit of a grin. "I assure you, that won't happen. And if it does, then you can do as you wish."

Vincent stood and listened on guard as always but never prepared to fight as they were about to leave Vincent stepped forward and spoke. "I have something to say if you human slayer wish or care to listen..." Vincent wait for a reply, not getting anything but stares he spoke again. "This slayer you have here, Seveline, she is smarter and more or a leader then any of you, you fear because you know nothing less, but I ask, when has a member of MY clan killed any of yours...never! It has always been the rouges and your so called leader knows that!" Vincent pointed and spoke sternly. "My clan only kills humans because you have choose to kill our only other source of food, which was stupid on your part." Vincent looked around making sure he was not about to be attacked. "My clan has never killed an innocent, a family, a mother, a child, and we try to not kill fathers, we cherish family, something you stupid insolent humans refuse to ignore! I have killed yours yes, but that is only out of revenge, not fear, which is why you kill, if you knew you were stronger, you would leave my clan alone, and don't for a second deny it, you and I both know that I could kill all of you in a second, without a single blade grazing my arm, you stand before me, with yours weapons pointed, but I have done no wrong, you stand ready to kill a vampire who wishes not to fight...and you call that justice." Vincent looked at the leader, his face plae and in shock., the he glanced at Seveline, smiling slightly and stepping forward again. "I don't ask for your help, but the rouges are stringer then you think and the only vampire capable of killing one on their own, is me, and Sev knows that, as do all of you, who have attempted to kill Rouges but failed every time! Who comes to your aid, a human yu think, no its one of MY clan members, we have been helping you for ages, yet you ignore it, we shouldn't help you but we are!" Vincent calmed himself and backed away slightly until he was at Seveline's side. Turning and exiting with her. Once out Vincent was fully relaxed, he looked at Seveline and smiled. "well that went well." Vincent chuckled adn continued walking with her, until they reached own again. Bowing he spoke. "I shall return to my post now, if you need me, you know where i am." with that Vincent turned to leave.

Seveline didn't know whether to smirk or be surprised; she felt both ways. 'Vincent is reckless to speak out so plainly. But that takes bravery that no one else has shown. It's about time someone stood the council up, and says what I dare not to speak.' The rest of the slayers just stared in awe and shocked, their murmuring silenced entirely. This was equally unheard of, to have a vampire amongst a meeting and not as a prisoner, let alone for him to speak out with such a lack of fear. Some had their weapons out, which slightly concerned Seveline. But no one made any move to attack Vincent. No one spoke a word through the entire thing, nor even as the vampire and Seveline turned and left. They soon enough set out to their own villages, as this was only a meeting place for them. Everyone was still in complete shock.

"well that went well."

"It did indeed." Seveline replied, smiling a bit. "If any other vampire had done that, nothing would have kept the council from tearing him apart for such boldness. Yet with you..." There was a moment of pause before she continued. "It surprised me, even. But if this alliance is going to continue, we need to show that we aren't going to let the other leaders bully us into submission. And you definitely accomplished that. And without a fight!" She quieted not long after, feeling as though she was talking too much. But as they got into town, and Vincent went to leave, she found her voice again. "Thank you, for what you did back there. That bravery of yours shows that there is still hope for this to succeed. And I know it will." She walked around in front of him as she spoke, wanting to show that she was being honest with what she said. But before she caught herself, she leaned up and snuck a quick kiss to Vincent's cheek. She suddenly realized what she had done and pulled away, her cheeks flushed and eyes diverted with embarrassment. "I-I'm sorry. I have no idea what came over me."

((sorry it's short, was in a bit of a hurry))

Vincent stopped as he left and looked at Seveline, listening to her words. When his cheek was kissed, every bone in his body wanted to brake her, but his heart wanted to embrace her. Vincent smirked and lifted her chin to met his gaze. "Don't be sorry for something you meant Sev. Its bad and sends the wrong message." Vincent kissed her forehead and smiled at her. Nodding to her as he left. He was quite satisfied with himself. the boost in ego form the meeting and Sev kissing his cheek, was an accomplishment he thought. as he returned to his post, he found Lucy waiting for him, smiling at him as he approached. 'this is not going to be good' "So i see that you left your post to be with Seveline, you two or a thing or are you just getting some relief?" Vincent glared at her. "we were at a meeting, why are you not at your post?" Lucy smiled and walked towards Vincent trailing her hand down his arm and looking into his eye's, Vincent knew what this was, she had tried it before, but got no where. "I am on break, so I thought maybe me and you could...you know...talk, or something." Vincent smirked, faking that he was even considering her offer. "Lucy, you know we cant do that." Vincent pushed her away and returned to his post, leaning against the wall, only to be pinned by Lucy. "Oh come on, Vincent, I know you need this, you barely get any action, especially from that little whore Sev-" Her sentenced was ended by being slammed against the wall and choked. "LUCY! SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HER YOU SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO SPEAK OF HER LIKE THAT AGAIN, AND I WILL MAKE SURE OF IT." With that Vincent pinched her face as the open her mouth. Lucy's eye's went wide and she shook her head, though it was no use, her screams being choked away. Vincent, having the strength that he did and the sharp nails, reach into her mouth and pulled her tongue, Vampires were known have rather long tongues, Sliding his mouth over her tongue, he saw as Lucy's eyes closed in pleasure, but it would only last a second, biting down hard, her tou8nge was gone, only to be spat out. No blood dripped form her mouth, but tears of pain dripped form her eye's, the tongue turned to dust in the sunlight and was no more. Lucy full of fear ran, not saying anything or looking back, although at this point there was not much she could say. Vincent, angry leaned back against the wall, thoughts of Seveline flooded his mind as his eye's began to close. The cheek kiss, her holding his hand. But the thoughts soon were set to flame as the thought of her thinking him a monster poured into him. Opening his eye's again, he felt sadness and anger. 'She could never...' "Love me..." Vincent whispered as he her scent entered his nose, she must be close. Hopefully not close enough to see what he had done to Lucy, that would only make her thinking of him as a monster worse. Figuring his post was safe, he left to find her.

((its fine, I hope the ripping of the tongue was not to much for ya ^^ Its supossed to show, some of the care that he actually has for Seveline))

((caught me off guard for a moment, had to reread. but I've heard, read, and seen worse... try french revolution or the revolutionary war movies... not fun XP But yes, it's obvious that he cares for Seveline; otherwise he would have just gone along with that and not reacted at all))

Seveline didn't wince away as she felt Vincent's fingers beneath her chin. Normally she would have slapped anyone who tried touching her, even just this little bit. But he was a different case entirely; and it confused her a little, as to why she couldn't stand the thought of hurting him. "Don't be sorry for something you meant Sev. It's bad and sends the wrong message." The light kiss to her forehead sent sparks through her, and it took all her strength not to let that moment of obvious weakness show. Her heart felt like it would leap from her chest. Her mind wheeled over this even after Vincent had left. And that was just a simple little kiss on the forehead... imagine what it would be like to- 'Stop! Not that. Not now... not yet, if ever. He is an ally, remember. He has no interest in emotions and love. Yes, he cares for me; but it's the same as it was with Lukas.' The memory of Lukas, and knowing her best friend was dead, came back to her, and hit her sharply. But this time, the happiness inside her from all of this soon enough put the thoughts at rest again.

Seveline stayed where she was for a little bit, then decided to check up on some of the nearby posts. The village wasn't really big, it would take her about ten minutes, or less, to walk from where she was across to the furthermost post. However, she stuck close to the end of the village she was already on, as there were three posts nearby. She would check in with Vincent later. When she arrived near the first post, she heard some whispering and crept closer; wondering if it was some of the vampires or a group of slayers. Either way, whispering was never good; again, with her paranoia. But more often than not, whispering was a bad thing around here; it meant plotting, secrets that no one else was supposed to know of. And plotting by rookies could ruin all of this perfectly planned out alliance and turn this peace into a fight again. "These vampires aren't doing us any good. If anything, they will attack us when night falls, when they have our trust and we have our backs turned." "But what can we do? Seveline said-" "Who cares what Seveline said. She is the one who is sympathetic enough with those monsters to start this whole mess." Sev didn't step out just yet, wanting to hear if any plan had been figured out... but it got on her nerves that some of the newbies, even though they had no knowledge themselves, had the nerve to think she was weak. Being a female slayer in and of itself was proof she was strong. Being a leader on top of that was beyond most standards; sometimes it even amazed Seveline herself... why did Lukas think she was cut out for being the leader. "We start with the leader. I've seen him around with Seveline. If we don't take him out first, Seveline will be the first to fall." 'Vincent.' She couldn't stay hidden any longer, not when that kind of threat was made. "Am I really that weak? Do you honestly think I would let myself be attacked so easily?" The two slayers, luckily only them, no one else, turned with shocked and frightened faces. "That's not what h-he meant." Sev's eyes flashed back and forth between the leader of the two and the follower. The other boy had at least been slightly obedient, reminding his partner of what she had warned before. "If you two cause any trouble with any of our allies, you will be held accountable for the end result. However, this alliance is very loose, so the slightest mistake on your part could cause a fight. You two should know better than to plan so foolishly." "Why are you chastising us? You should be thanking us for what we were planning. It will probably save your life." "Vin- The leader of the vampire clan wouldn't harm me. We are in an alliance, which he is adamant about. He has no plan to go back on his side of the deal; and I will not let you break our side of the alliance either. So get back to your post; and if I hear of any more trouble, You two will both be in serious trouble." That threat was enough to send the two scurrying back into the tower. Though they were barely years younger than her, they knew she could kick their butts and didn't want to get on her bad side.

With a sigh, Seveline headed off to the next post and found everything as it should be. Though she noticed both sides of this alliance were wary of the other, not trusting and overall avoiding each other, they at least were not conspiring. That was promising and definite improvement. Soon enough Sev headed off towards the tower where she knew Vincent was. Her thoughts were still on him, wondering if the slayers at that post were behaving. Then again, she knew he would put them in their place if they were not. Her thought from before still hung in her mind though. It's the same as it was with Lukas. Lukas hadn't loved her, he had been more of a sibling to her. Why would a vampire fall for her anyways? Sure, she was special and 'different' to Vincent; but that didn't mean he loved her. Or ever would. If only he would though. She especially needed it now of all times, as she was without any companion, any friends, anyone to lean on or talk to. That's what Lukas had been to her. But with him gone, she was lost and lonely. Seveline glanced around, nearing the tower when she saw Vincent. A smile graced her lips, as she was truly happy to see him.

Vincnet smiled at her, even wider when he saw her's. Realizing his fangs were most likely showing, he stopped smiling and looked away from her. 'Foolish, I shouldnt have smiled.' all vincet could think about was her running away from him in terror, which was not wyat he wanted, he wanted her to embrace him, to love him, but he knew that was never going to happen. Night was begging to fall, and his slayer had left to go to the pub, wehich was not surprising for him, he didn't care, he could handle this entire village if it came down too it. he slide down the wall and looked into the almsot night sky, it didn't hurt hsi eye's that bad, but it kinda did. "Sev, Can I tell you something?" Vincnet aid still looking into the sky. "They say that when a vampire falls in love, not even the sun break him. I know this had nothing to do with us...but, I just want yu too know that if you ever want to talk, or just, anything you can come to me....but I need to know something?" Vincnet looked away from the sky and into Seveline's eye's. "When you look at me...do you...do you see a...a monster?" Vinnet looked away, not waiting for her ansrew, standing up tall and formal and looking at her, returning to his hidden self again. "I apologize for my emotion outburts and for the kiss on the forehead, that was innaporpirate and not very proper and professinall. It wont happen again. Now what can I do for you?" Vincnet felt his dead heart go cold, he had not pushed away feeling in sucha long time, his chest actually began to ache. "Agh." vincnet gripped his chest and almost collapssed in front of seveline. Grabbing the bottom of her uniform as to save himself from falling, which didn't help coinsidering he fell anyways, only to pass out.

Seveline didn't slow when she saw his smile, fangs and all. She could tell it wasn't meant to be a threat, the look in his eyes... though it disappeared moments later, along with his smile... was of happiness to see her. "Sev, Can I tell you something?" Seveline nodded, placing her hand on the wall of the building. "Anything." "They say that when a vampire falls in love, not even the sun can break him. I know this had nothing to do with us...but, I just want you too know that if you ever want to talk, or just, anything you can come to me....but I need to know something?" She didn't glance away when he looked up at her. Her mind wondered what his question might be. "When you look at me...do you...do you see a...a monster?" This shocked Sev, as she had never imagined such a thing. Her lips parted to answer, but closed when he stood and looked away from her again. Was he scared she would say yes? Did he honestly think she was so put off by what he was that she didn't care for him? She didn't know her feelings, but she knew what she felt was not hate. If he was a monster, she wouldn't be here at all; he would have killed her long before this point. "I apologize for my emotion outbursts and for the kiss on the forehead, that was inappropriate and not very proper and professional. It won't happen again. Now what can I do for you?" Seveline nearly stumbled back, her heart paralyzed for a moment. What did he mean by this? Was he pushing her away, did he not care for her? He seemed so distant, so dismal and plain now. What had happened to make him act this way? "Vincent, I-" Before she could finish, she noticed his pain and weakness and quickly moved to try to help him. But her aid did very little, and all she could do was keep him from falling. "Vincent?" Her whisper was filled with fear and terror, frightened that he was hurt somehow. He may be a vampire, he may live off of the lives and blood of others, but he was one of the kindest creatures she had ever met. No one, apart from a select few whom were all dead now, ever showed her such gentle care.

Thinking Vincent might have been out in the sun too much that day, Seveline moved them both deeper into the shadows. The cool night air would surely help him. 'Please be okay. Please be alright.' She held his head on her lap like she had done to Lukas upon finding him dead, hoping desperately that he would wake up. He was breathing, so she knew he wasn't dead; which was a great relief. But other than that, the cause of his passing out was partially unknown. She could only assume it was from the sun earlier. Her mind wandered, still thinking of him, things he had told her coming back again.This slayer you have here, Seveline, she is smarter and more or a leader then any of you. Don't be sorry for something you meant. I care about you. 'And I care about him.' This wasn't the first time she had realized that, but it was the only time she had fully admitted to it; to herself... but that was not enough. Vincent had admitted that to her and now, because she had been too scared and awkward to admit the same, he thought she didn't care for him. But, in truth, he was the only thing left in this world that she cared about. "Please, wake up." A few tears fell from her eyes, feeling as if she had caused all of this. When you look at me, do you see a monster? "I never saw you as monster. Rarely did I even remember you were a vampire. It doesn't matter to me what you are. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Vincent stayed asleep, dreaming of Seveline. Lucy was near as well as max. They turned the corner to see Vincent laying on the ground, Lucy's eye's filled with anger nd max, with worry. "What happened!?" Max ran over to Vincent and touched his chest, were his heart should be. "its frezzing....feel it." Max grabbed Seveline's hand and put it were his had just been. Vincent heard all of the comotion, but was to weak to awaken." We have to warm him...somehow..." Lucy looked at Seveline, ready to pounce. incent knew it and with the rest of his strength he opened his eye's. Lucy at the attck. "Leave- her-be-Lucy!" Vincnett's fags out, knowing she couldnt respond. Lucy stood up straight and backed away, vincent collapssed again, in Seveline's lap. "I know Sev....I'm alright." Vincnet muttered before blacking out agian. Maxlifted him up and started to carry Vincnet away. Seveline, we need to get him some where warm. Lucy go get some blood." Max followed Seveline as she lead them to a warm building.

Seveline glanced up the moment she heard movement, ready to defend herself, or Vince should it turn out to be a slayer. But she stood down when she realized it was Max and Lucy... though the female was anything but pleased to see her, obviously. In fact, Lucy looked about to throttle her to death by the look in her eyes. "What happened!?" "I-I don't know. One minute he w-was talking to me, the n-next he just collapsed." As much as the typically emotionless and fearless young woman acted, she was obviously upset. "its freezing....feel it." Seveline resisted the urge to pull her hand away as Max grabbed it, and whimpered softly as she realized what he meant. What did that mean though? Was Vincent dying? Was he sick or hurt or- 'Why am I so upset? He'll be fine, he's strong.' As much as she wanted to convince herself of that, she couldn't get in through her mind. Sev didn't notice Lucy about to attack her, too focused on the weak and faded male. "Leave- her-be-Lucy!" The young female was startled for a moment, then noticed Vincent was partially awake, though very weak obviously. She gently cradled his head in her lap as he collapsed again, whispering softly; "Careful, you may hurt yourself." "I know Sev....I'm alright." Seveline parted her lips to answer, but he fell unresponsive again. "Seveline, we need to get him some where warm. Lucy go get some blood." She nodded and led the way to a nearby house. It was her home, as she knew the other slayers would not be so happy if she brought vampires into the barn. "Near the fireplace is a couch, I shall light the fire and get some blankets from upstairs. If you wish, you can move the couch closer or further away from the fireplace; I have known some vampires to be frightened by fire." Not that she assumed Vincent was. She placed her sword outside her house, knowing Lucy would recognize it when she returned with blood. Shutting the door behind her and walking up the staircase before returning with a couple blankets... there were plenty left in the home, it was large for someone who lived alone... her family, anyone would assume, was not home... but really, she had no family left. "Be careful what you touch though; some things don't react well to the touch of a vampire. Mostly the doors, so no one can sneak in."

((I just realized, I wonder if they are like traditional vampires, who cannot enter a house unless invited in... probably not, but I can always come back and edit that in if necessary))