Losing Beloved Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hatsune Candy

Original poster
So my dog, Jumper, had to be put to sleep the other day. She was just too old and her body just couldn't function properly anymore. I couldn't admit it to my parents, because I'm terrible at discuss emotions face to face, but I can't imagine a life without her. We've had that dog for literally as long as I can remember, and to think I will never see her again is just... horrifying. This is the first time I've ever really lost someone close to me this way, have any of you ever experienced something like this before? If so, how did you deal with the loss?

I MIS VAN AND PIPPIN T^T the smartest ferret I've ever met and the most lovable tny bird to ever come into my life. I miss them terribly
29830_118888054796664_2626019_n.jpg

431354_380430428642424_1368146801_n.jpg

Edit: I didnt deal with the loss of these little friends easily. i've made characters based off of them and incorporated their spirits into stories and role plays over the years in many different ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Bichon fraise dog passed away in bed with my mother last year.. I was away. My mom told me after months because I kept asking how he is..band she was avoiding it.

I had him since I was 11 years old.. He lived almost 13 years..^^ I really loved that dog more than anything. I cried a lot.. But now I'm better.

So overall I know your pain xD

I am so sorry for your loss. To me my pets are my family and loosing them is like loosing a piece of me. The two that meant the most to me were my two orange boys, Oscar and Boo. Cats who were my pillars of strength when I had none. Although Boo was the hardest one to loose. Oscar just went out in the yard one day and fell alseep, never to wake up. But Boo was suffering with feline lukemia, and had to be put to sleep. I stll miss both cats dearly, despite it being 7 years since Boo died and 14 since Oscar died.

You will go through a time of mourning. Make sure you have a shoulder to cry on, be it human or furry. My current cat Muffin, whom we got when Boo was still alive (and Boo I got when Oscar was still alive) has been a huge part of the healing process for me. As well as a caring husband. I'm not going to lie, it's going to hurt for a while but with each day you'll feel a little better. For each person it's a different time frame but don't expect it to just suddenly feel better.

Best thing to do is to be with family or friends that understand your pain. But also keep yourself occupied, what ever your hobby is do it. Hang out with friends. Go see movies. For me it was playing WoW and drawing. If you give yourself too much time to think about it you'll become depressed. I hope this helps in someway. *Hugs* (I'd post pics but I don't have any pictures of Oscar on my computer. D: Wouldn't be fair to post Boo and not him lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.