LOSER DOT COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because I'd seen it the day it came out. The website, the petition, the frothing at the mouth for being so clever proponents of it.

But w/e if the best a community volunteer can do is constantly talk down to other site members based on political opinions, sure, keep it up.

And believe me, I know facts don't work on most Bernie supporters. It shows.
I'm not talking down to you, my dear! I was stating my opinion. As I said above and earlier, you are a precious human being and I was not calling you a loser. :) Feel free to vote for whoever you wish to vote for.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Buy domain name with childish name calling in the url.

Link it to someone I don't like.

YEAH STICK IT TO THE MAN LOOK AT THIS LOL UPVOTES CLICK LIKE PLZ

The world really didn't change beyond high school. People are jealous of success and upset by competition as well as disagreement.

Who knew?

s5k5z7.png

dzgxht.png

2uzpfu8.png

Childish name calling is right.

Oh, Jasper. I love you. :heartbeat:

I'm not talking down to you, my dear! I was stating my opinion. As I said above and earlier, you are a precious human being and I was not calling you a loser. :) Feel free to vote for whoever you wish to vote for.
The thing is, by saying "Trump sucks!" You're implying to Windsong that his political ideas suck. Even if you express these beliefs don't represent his being in it's entirety, but with a weighty topic people put this much emotion into, considering it's about the future of their country, it becomes sorta like saying to someone "You have absolutely disgusting teeth, but otherwise you're kind of pretty."

I mean it's not like I think you shouldn't be able to say it, but I think this is how it comes across. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you for it and I'm not opposed to making fun of Trump, or any political candidate. Heck, the one positive side to alla this is that as non-American I won't have to feel responsible for electing whoever goes to office, so roast the whole lot of 'em for all I care. Windsong might kind of have a point that Hillary or Bern-bashing wouldn't go over so well, and I get that. It's kind of like feeling someone decided "This opinion is a-okay, but this opinion sucks." There's also a lot of flack against Trump supporters that makes this an emotionally charged topic, I mean just look at the media. That puts people under quite some stress as well, people are shitting over their ideas in everyday life, but when they shit over someone else's they get a mob after them.

I'm not saying you can't post this topic, I just hope this might clear some things up on the reaction to it from a more neutral perspective.

Trump-Hands.jpg

The most accurate picture I've seen of Drumpf online to date.

Trump-Hands.jpg

The most accurate picture I've seen of Drumpf online to date.
Adult with Baby hands...

*Goes back to Deadpool*

Why did you put this image in my head? :(

The thing is, by saying "Trump sucks!" You're implying to Windsong that his political ideas suck. Even if you express these beliefs don't represent his being in it's entirety, but with a weighty topic people put this much emotion into, considering it's about the future of their country, it becomes sorta like saying to someone "You have absolutely disgusting teeth, but otherwise you're kind of pretty."

I mean it's not like I think you shouldn't be able to say it, but I think this is how it comes across. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you for it and I'm not opposed to making fun of Trump, or any political candidate. Heck, the one positive side to alla this is that as non-American I won't have to feel responsible for electing whoever goes to office, so roast the whole lot of 'em for all I care. Windsong might kind of have a point that Hillary or Bern-bashing wouldn't go over so well, and I get that. It's kind of like feeling someone decided "This opinion is a-okay, but this opinion sucks." There's also a lot of flack against Trump supporters that makes this an emotionally charged topic, I mean just look at the media. That puts people under quite some stress as well, people are shitting over their ideas in everyday life, but when they shit over someone else's they get a mob after them.

I'm not saying you can't post this topic, I just hope this might clear some things up on the reaction to it from a more neutral perspective.

In most cases I would agree with you, but when we're talking about a racist, sexist and pathological pig-faced liar like Donald Trump, I run out of room to play nice. When we're talking about potentially electing someone who would ruin America with ideals more akin to Hitler than your average Republican, I will not say "I respect your opinion" because morally, I cannot.

Windsong is a fine person and I'm glad they're taking a stance in this election, but I will not apologize for making fun of Donald Trump. I'm sure that's not what you're asking and I really appreciate the enlightenment of neutral ground, but this is where I'm at.

I will only apologize to Windsong if they feel I was attacking them. I was not. I am deeply sorry if they felt I was insulting them. A voter is not his candidate, and I never would insult Windsong directly. But I reserve my right to call out human shit when I see it, and Donald Trump is king of the sewer.

Reactions: Hellis
Funny how a message board can remain more dignified and respectful than the people who want to run a country.
I could always say you have little hands and suggest that you have a tiny penis if you'd like. :P

But really, I won't do that. I don't want to know anyone's penis size. o.o

I could always say you have little hands and suggest that you have a tiny penis if you'd like. :P

But really, I won't do that. I don't want to know anyone's penis size. o.o

WELL LET ME TELL YOU A STORY

I'm sure that's not what you're asking
I observed a bit of a disconnect between what I felt Windsong was expressing and the way you were responding to them. I tried to clarify the situation as I understand it. That's all.

I am not asking you to apologise or change the content of your post(s) or anything. I'm in favour of free speech myself, which includes your right to joke about Trump as much as Trump's right to say he wants to an American version of the Berlin wall (to stick with the Godwin theme.) I'm simply stating that stating an opinion comes the possible consequence of offending others. Just as I imagine you might be offended by Trump's opinions on immigration, others might be offended by your stance on Trump. Even if we do not intend to offend, interpretation is beyond our control. That's not a bad thing per definition, it doesn't make you a bad person and I'm not in the least judging you for it. All I thought was that you might be interested in understanding where Windsong's reaction might come from.

A'ight, quick reminder for everyone to chill the fuck out and keep it civil, cos you guys are kinda straddling the line with some of these posts.

Don't make us bust out all these new mod warnings so soon after implementing them.

Or do, that way I win a bet on how awful you all are

• Thank You
Reactions: moffnat
I'm confident that I've done nothing wrong, but as I'll say again (because I have a bad habit of over-apologizing), I'm sorry if anyone got offended. My target was Trump. But if you honestly think that defending Trump in a thread titled "LOSER DOT COM" with him as the subject was a good idea, perhaps it would have been best for you to move on. :p

Alas, dear children of Iwaku, I love all thou members and strive to keep the babies happy.

Unless you are Donald Trump.

In which case, get out. >:/

I observed a bit of a disconnect between what I felt Windsong was expressing and the way you were responding to them. I tried to clarify the situation as I understand it. That's all.

I am not asking you to apologise or change the content of your post(s) or anything. I'm in favour of free speech myself, which includes your right to joke about Trump as much as Trump's right to say he wants to an American version of the Berlin wall (to stick with the Godwin theme.) I'm simply stating that stating an opinion comes the possible consequence of offending others. Just as I imagine you might be offended by Trump's opinions on immigration, others might be offended by your stance on Trump. Even if we do not intend to offend, interpretation is beyond our control. That's not a bad thing per definition, it doesn't make you a bad person and I'm not in the least judging you for it. All I thought was that you might be interested in understanding where Windsong's reaction might come from.

I totally feel ya! Don't worry, I get where you're coming from. You don't have to explain. ♡

Reactions: Kestrel
Status
Not open for further replies.