Looking for a New Story? (LF F)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarinValore

129% of people exaggerate.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Before we dive in to what you have come to read, I thought a little about me was in order. I am a high school math teacher, I have two minions (the cute little yellow kind), and am in college to further my education even more. I am a busy guy. Having said that, I am usually free to reply Mon-Fri in the early mornings. My schedules allows me to reply at least once a day (depending on how many posts I have to reply to and no guarantees on the weekend) with a minimum of once a week. I'd like a partner who can do the same please.

Because writing and reading are a passion of mine, it is important to me that my posts, as well as those of my partners, are legible. I spell, and grammar check but don't always catch every error. I'd like a partner who will at least put in the same amount of effort. I'm not asking for perfection. I also tend to write no less than 4 paragraphs and would like a partner who can do the same. I consider myself somewhere between Intermediate and Adept. It'd be great to find a partner of equal skill or better so that I can continue to challenge myself to become a better writer and player.

Planning is a big thing to me and I'd like to plan a story with you not for you. I've come up with the basic idea for a plot but not all the details have been ironed out. Please help me establish these details so that it is our story not just mine.

Let's chat. Just like any good relationship, whether it's between friends, family, or significant others, communication is key to ensure the success of our story. You don't have to divulge to me your life story, but let's get to know each other a little. This communication carries into the preservation of our story as well. If you will not be able to reply for an extended time, please let me know if possible. If you lose interest and would like to drop, let me know. I'm a big boy and can handle it.

On to the story!

Your Character (YC) married the man of her dreams. They had been dating since high school and everything was unfolding exactly as she expected...until he got his dream job. What started out as shared excitement between the two of them has slowly transformed into long nights alone and a relationship that is drifting apart. She's tried to talk to her husband on multiple occasions but when he promises to make changes, he either forgets or they don't last long.

She's confided in her best friend who has never really liked YC's husband but has always supported her because of their friendship. When nothing improves, she decides to take YC on the perfect getaway. It doesn't take long for the frustration and loneliness to kick in through their conversation. Call it a momentary lapse in judgment or wanting to feel something again, but she hooks up with a man for a one night stand. Something about this man sticks with her, though, and she has a hard time shaking him.

My Character (MC) is an up and coming painter. He's tried desperately to find that one inspiration that launches him into a successful career but it keeps evading him. He's tried landscapes, and portraits but he's been having a hard time capturing that one unique thing that gets him noticed. After his last piece of art is passed over, he decides it's time for him to take a break and re-evaluate his career choice. While on his break, he runs into a beautiful woman and ends up between the sheets with her. He instantly finds himself intrigued by her, and though she's gone by the morning, he can't help but feel something he hasn't felt in a long time.

Our characters bump into each other a few more times on vacation, but what will happen when it ends and she has to return to her dying marriage and he has to find something that will spark his creative juices? Even worse for her, what happens when she bumps into him back home? Will she push him away for fear of the stigma of cheating? Or will she risk it all to steal every moment she can with the man that makes her feel alive again?

Last edited:
Still looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.